AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Image Image
A space opera-like setting in the far future where the human race spread out from Terra to the stars centuries ago.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby LMiller » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:15 pm

Trever envisioned himself flying a jetcopter and getting away from the pirates.

"Hmm, it will be cool to try and fly one," he said, more to himself though.

"But still, I can do that some other time."

Trever kicked the pebbles beneath his feet and then looked around to search for Ul-Mor nearby. "Can I go talk to one of these creatures?" he asked Grod.
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Aura » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:35 pm

"I wonder how difficult they are to fly," Rufus wonders aloud, scratching his chin. Addressing Trever more directly, he adds, "If you get the chance, just be careful. Remember the golden rule of flight: gravity is a harsh mistress. Anyway... where were we?" He stops, thinking, until sight of the dralasite reminds him, "Oh yes, kit-bashing for fun and profit. How could I forget?"
Aura
Hero
Hero

Postby Argo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:16 pm

Argo sat quietly for a while, considering the ideas that the others had forwarded. Maya had a very good one. He thought it would be good if some of them learned the Ul-Mor language, if indeed they could. It would be better than relying on poly-voxes for everything, especially considering that poly-voxes could break, especially in the desert.

“Could I learn too?” he asked Jameson, then glanced at Maya. “If it’s all right with you if you have some company, that is. I can’t help with the mechanical things, but I can talk and listen.”
Argo
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:01 pm

~ Day 20 - 16:54 - Meeting the other expedition ~Image
The Dralasite looked up at the boy, "Sure, kid, you can go talk to 'em. But since I got your poly-vox now, you might want to take a translator." He extended an extra digit finger to gesture towards Argo and Maya who still wore the translators as they were several meters away in a discussion with Commander Jameson.

Grog rubbed his bald pate again in thought during the discussion with Rufus, "Hmmm, a IR shoulda launched SAM would be fun, but I canna make one o' dem with spare parts o' a poly-vox. But mebbe a tangler grenade poppin' off right inta the air intake manifold... yes, that might wreck der day."

The short, blob-being had stopped walking as they reached a native lean-to structure. "This is me," he gestured to the meager abode that was all local materials for shelter and furnishings, if the crude and rustic things could even be categorized as such.

Image Image Image Image
Alex nudged Miranda, "See , I ain't the only one not wanting to get butt probed by these natives."

Commander Jameson gave the soldier a side-long look, but did not reply as he turned to Maya, "It is hard to say hold long it would take under the new circumstances. With a poly-vox, you can certainly learn faster if you make an effort to study the words used and the translation. But the mind-meld likely saved weeks of time, had I only used a more traditional method. But if we get the transmitter working, we can get a rescue here before the efforts of studying their language would make real progress, then we could have more poly-voxes available."

Argo had joined the group while the Dralasite engineer had led Trever and Rufus off a short ways to his tent to work on the transmitter.

OOC Information | Show
Inventory in 1 Spare Backpack carried by Alex
1 machete
1 first aid kit (Basic anesthetics, stimdoses, antiseptics, medscanner, antibody plus, antitox, spray hypo, etc...)
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks

Polyvoxes worn: Maya, Argo
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aura » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:32 am

Rufus lights up at the mention of dealing with that irritating jet-copter. "I'd certainly love to see something like that. Or maybe something as simple as a reflected light attack on the pilot's eyes. We seem to be in rich supply of light around here... during the daytime, anyway. Hrm." Scratching his chin in thought, the man thinks a moment. "Or broaden a laser for the job. Then you have your weapon day or night. Has potential..." With that, he gets lost in thought once again.

"Oh yes, transmitter. The important thing. By all means, let's hop right to it." Rufus reaches for his tools as the three interested parties duck into Grog's hut.
Aura
Hero
Hero

Postby LMiller » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:58 pm

Trever waved good-bye to Argo and followed Rufus. He trotted beside him, taking in the scenes around him. While entering the hut, he asked Grod about details of the tech instruments he was talking about.

“I want to learn as much as I can from you too,” he said to Rufus and Grod cheerfully.
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Herzog » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:38 am

"Hmm.. You have a point," Maya replied to the Commander. Sometimes she took technology for granted. The use of the poly-vox to speed up learning was certainly a valid point. Maya promised herself that she would start paying attention now that it had been brought to her attention.

"Well, I'm going to see how the boys are doing, then maybe see finding a quiet place to rest."

The purple hair girl broke off the Miranda, Alex, and the others, and went to see how the tinkering with the transmitter was going. She stayed at the edge, not wanting to interrupt or get in the way. Inside, Maya hoped that the new device would work.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Argo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:24 pm

“I have a poly-vox if you still want to try anyway,” Argo said to Maya as he followed her. She stopped just outside the lean-to that the others had gone into, and so did he.

He looked up at her.

She seemed very tall to him, but then again, almost everyone did.

“Do you think Commander Jameson was mad about it? You asking to learn, I mean. I don’t know how to help with the transmitter, but if we could talk to the Ul-Mor more easily, we could coordinate better when it comes time to fight the pirates.”
Argo
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:04 am

~ Day 20 - 23:30 - Tinkering with the transmitter ~Image Image Image Image Image
With everyone sticking together to watch the process of the Dralasite jury-rigging the transmitter, it did not take too long before everyone spectating became bored. Commander Jameson and the local Ul-Mor tribe had arranged a pair of huts for their use since it was unlikely a rescue was coming immediately after the message would be sent. There was a small banquet that interrupted the work so the visitors and locals could share a meal and fellowship together. Waiting for success was the hardest part. A couple of times the Dralasite thought he had success, but only ended up muttering under his breath about "that should have worked."

Close to midnight, Grod was jubilant and dancing a jig. "I got it! I got a message out and an answer from Truane's Star. Commander, you better talk to them!"

OOC Information | Show
1 machete
1 first aid kit (Basic anesthetics, stimdoses, antiseptics, medscanner, antibody plus, antitox, spray hypo, etc...)
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks

DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aura » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:44 pm

Rufus does what he can to help Grod with the transmitter. Failures are disappointing, but he doesn't throw blame. "That's the 're' in research," he muses, trying to things as upbeat as possible. Finally, success comes, complete with a dancing Dralasite, and Rufus seems as happy as he ever is. "Good work, Grod," he congratulates. Shifting to the issue at hand, he adds, "I'm insanely curious what they're saying, and what we can expect. Shall we?" He seems ready to adjourn to the transmitter.
Aura
Hero
Hero

Postby LMiller » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:17 pm

Trever pumped both fists into the air and jumped up and down. He knelt next to Argo and petted him.

“At last I can go back to being a thief on a civilized planet,” he said to himself and the dog.

The boy looked up into the sky, wondering which planet he’ll end up on. Space is a vast place, he thought. Trever never liked his old life, but he was excited about going back to his daily routines of stealing, selling, and fighting.
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Argo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:01 pm

Argo looked up alertly, ears pricked forward. It was good news, to be sure. He wagged his tail, though it was somewhat hesitant, then looked at Trever.

“Where do you think you will go?” he asked Trever, thoughtfully. “I don’t really remember too much still. I’m not sure where to go, or what I’m supposed to do.”

It made him sad to think their little family, as odd and brief as it was, would be breaking up soon. Everyone going their own way, back to their own lives. Space was big, after all. Maybe they would never see each other again.

“What about the rest of you?” he asked his other friends, trying to keep his voice down so as to not distract the other crew while they got ready for the commander to answer the comm. “Where will you all go?”
Argo
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:07 pm

~ Day 20 - 23:32 - Tinkering with the transmitter ~Image Image
Miranda was excited as the others, “One of the first things I am interested in is getting some medical attention that will restore my lost memories. Not knowing what knowledge I cannot remember, is rather disconcerting.”

Alex was more casual about it all, “I will more than happily make new memories with you, sweetheart. I can show you a good time that you will never forget.”

As the woman glared at him, the soldier’s deadpan expression on his delivery turned into a grin. She replied with sarcasm and an eye roll, “Oh, right. I am sure.”

Alex looked down at Argo, “I agree that I need to remember, because there is a mission that still needs to be accomplished. Maybe I will be part of the team that comes back here to continue working. Also, I would rather look forward to some pirate hunting.”

OOC Information | Show
1 machete
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks

DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aura » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:07 am

"Let's not be making our plans quite yet. Anything could happen." Rufus looks at the group, that old suspicious side rearing its head. Almost immediately, his facial expression softens, "Still, if I were to dream, I'm not sure what I'd do. I feel pretty invested in this place, now."
Aura
Hero
Hero

Postby LMiller » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:48 pm

Trever petted Argo and thought for a moment.

“Well,” he said, still trying to remember. “I’ll think I’ll just go to a civilized planet and join a thief group or something.”

“Being a thief is the only thing I really know how to do,”
the boy added.

He decided to switch the conversation towards the dog, “Argo, where do you think you’re going to go?”
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

PreviousNext

Return to Among the Stars [The Window]