WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:43 pm

Letting out a yelp as another bolt of electricity arcs from the bugbear's fingers, Zeldana barely manages to twist out of the way. Electricity still arcs through the air and singes her, albeit not as baldly had she not moved. Questioned about the Magic Missile spell, the sorceress replied curtly, "He's shielded." Aiming her crossbow, she released a bolt down towards the fleeing enemy, but it flew wide. "Useless," Zeldana began, in apparent disgust with herself. "Maybe after I reload this I should hand it to someone who can hit." With a loud clack she slapped the next bolt into the weapon.

Actions | Show
Saving Throw- Successful, takes 11 damage
Standard Action-Shoot Koth with crossbow (miss, although I forgot the masterwork bonus, it won't matter)
Move action-Reload crossbow
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st12036682

Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 19/33, Speed 30'
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions Shield (34r)
Items Dropped Dagger
Spells slots used: 4x1st
User avatar
Aura
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Gaius drew another chakram. With another arrow hitting the bastard, he might be able to bring him down with a lucky hit. “If he has one more those lightning bolts at his fingertips, continued pursuit by oneself could be suicide.”

“I am no better with a crossbow than this, Zeldana,” he said as he flung the sharp blade whirling after the mage. He aimed a little high to account for the added distance that would cause the trajectory to start dropping after about 25-30 feet.

His weapon hit and possibly finished the bugger off. “Well, look at that. I hit him.”


Actions | Show
Draw, throw Chakram
Hit with 23 for 10 dmg, total should be -7 now.

Rolls

Challenge on Koth (+4 Damage, Allies +1 Melee attacks vs. Koth while Gaius threatens him.)

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 30
Challenge: 1/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect:

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Greatsword (LH)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 09

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:39 am

~ Day 16, 13:31 – Vrath Keep ~

~ At the keep ~Kriger did not fair as well as the other two, the lightning bolt probably aimed directly at him since he mentioned a flying potion. He was burned from electric shock, but barely standing on his feet.

Image
Koth took the two hits in his body, the arrow and chakram slipping past his armor to pierce something vital. With a scream of pain, he lost consciousness and his momentum carried him at a downward angle, crashing sickeningly into the building edge in the southeast corner of the keep. His corpse continued and crashed into the ground in a heap (T26) near the door.

The battle for the keep appeared to be over.


Tactical Map | Show
Top is north, 1 SQ = 5ft

Map Notes:
1. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall

Image
Combat Information | Show
Combat: Over Awarded 720XP each
I rolled Kriger's Reflex SV, failed.


Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      02/46 HP remaining; 1 Str Dmg;
 Horse:      05/16 HP remaining;
Katya:       Dead
 Kitty:      Dead
 Bugle:      10/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        21/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       13/34 HP remaining;
 Horse:      04/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       30/46 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    09/38 HP remaining;
Zeldana:     19/33 HP remaining; Shield (34r);

Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Katya Spells Remaining:         1st Level (1/7), 2nd Level (2/4)
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (2/5), 2nd Level (3/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  0/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       5/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (2/4), 2nd level (0/2)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    12/15
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
Zeldana Spells Remaining:       1st Level (3/7), 2nd Level (4/4)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12047
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Garm » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:41 am

Garm eventually caught up with the others at the top of the stairs and took in the scenes of injury. "What happened? Where is the bastard? Did you get him?" he asked urgently. Seeing the relieved looks on some of his comrades' faces, he assumed the latter, but rushed to the edge of the broken tower wall to see outside, and smiled when he saw the crumpled form of Koth on the ground. "Fantastic!"

He then turned his attention to the injured, particularly Kriger. "Right then! Don't move; we can fix this!", he said to the severely injured warrior as he fished through his gear for the appropriate scrolls. He then started to repair the most severe injuries.

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action :
Standard Action:Use 2 scrolls from which to cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Kriger: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st12041254 (23 hp back)


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 21/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 2/1, Cure Light Wounds 1/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 0/1, Detect Evil 1/1, Entropic Shield 1/1, Create Pit 1/1, Summon Monster II 1/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 2/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel positive energy 3/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Strat » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:14 am

“Wow, good shot, Gaius!”

Strat turned to Gaius and slapped him on the shoulder. Gaius’ hit was especially impressive because he was throwing the chakram through brute force alone, which was a far more difficult feat than simply firing a bow and arrow, which anyone could do.

“Good teamwork, everyone. We got that bastard.”

He felt a bit of vindictive pride at the fall of the creature that had hurt them badly. It had been only good fortune and a bit of skill that had ensured that no one had actually gone down.

“Well, let’s head down there and search his corpse for any clues. But before we trickle down there, do we need to look at some more healing first?” Strat took out his wand. “I still have quite a few charges left in this thing, so we can heal up without using potions and the like.”

As if to illustrate his point, he tapped himself with the wand. Healing energy surged from the end of the wand and sealed up some of his wounds.

spoiler: show
Swift Action: None.
Move Action: Stay put.
Standard Action: Wand of Cure Light Wounds on self, cured for 8.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st12042237

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +11
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 34 Current: 21
Archaeologist's Luck (+1): 12/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 2/4 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 0/2 available (CMW, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Gaius stepped up to the hole in the tower to peer down at the courtyard below.

“I guess every once in a while I can hit something with those blades. After this, I might need to carry a few more. I miss a lot and those are hard to recover.”

“We are really going to need some rest after this. But with the leader dead, I think we have everything under control. But there was one more door we have not opened, yet.”


Actions | Show
Move to M12

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +9, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 21
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 57 Current: 41
Challenge: 1/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect:

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Greatsword (LH)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 47 Current: 18

Attacks: 2xHooves (+4; 1d6+5), Bite (+3; 1d4+5) w/Power Attack
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Crossbow still loaded, Zeldana spies the fallen enemy a moment before heading downstairs. "Well thrown, Gaius. I have had quite enough of his electricity for one day... or longer..." The arcanist's voice trails down the stairs. Once back down to the first floor, it becomes obvious what has Zeldana's attention. "Now where did I drop my knife?" she muses, backtracking to where the dropped the weapon in order to unlimber her crossbow for the pursuit.

Actions | Show
Double move action: R-20. Then try to locate my dropped dagger.

Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 19/33, Speed 30'
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions Shield (33r)
Items Dropped Dagger
Spells slots used: 4x1st
User avatar
Aura
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:46 am

~ Day 16, 13:32 – Vrath Keep ~

~ At the keep ~While the group helped heal up the burned skin, bruises, scratches, and such, the stench of the corpse was rather bad. It had likely been there for a few weeks. It was a human looking body, maybe a farmer or commoner, judging by the rags of clothing still clinging to the decomposing body.

Assuming the group had enough time without getting interrupted by more cowering defenders that were lurking about, they would eventually be able to find their dropped and thrown weapons. Gaius's chakram that missed from atop the tower would take longer, but he was able to see where they went this time.

With the magical pit no longer in existence, Kitty's body lay broken on the stone floor of the tower's lower level.


Tactical Map | Show
Top is north, 1 SQ = 5ft

Map Notes:
1. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall

Image
Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      25/46 HP remaining; 1 Str Dmg;
 Horse:      05/16 HP remaining;
Katya:       Dead
 Kitty:      Dead
 Bugle:      10/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        21/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       28/41 HP remaining;
 Horse:      04/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       41/57 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    18/47 HP remaining;
Zeldana:     19/33 HP remaining; Shield (24r);

Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Katya Spells Remaining:         1st Level (1/7), 2nd Level (2/4)
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (2/5), 2nd Level (3/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  0/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       5/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (3/5), 2nd level (1/3)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    14/17
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
Zeldana Spells Remaining:       1st Level (3/7), 2nd Level (4/4)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12047
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Garm » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:47 pm

The immediate crisis over, Garm focused his attention on the others: "Alright, who needs some more healing? Otherwise I have some injured horses to see to..."

As he stopped concentrating, the smell of the corpse assaulted his nose with a vengeance. "Phew! This unfortunate soul deserved better than this... once we are done with this place, we should give him a proper burial. But I do wonder what that bugbear was up to..."

Suddenly intrigued, he started poking around the framework of wooden beams that held the corpse in place, to see whether any clues to what went on here might present themselves.


Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action :
Standard Action: Perception roll to see if anything obvious stands out around the corpse: 8 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=12042237#post12042237)


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 21/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 2/1, Cure Light Wounds 1/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 0/1, Detect Evil 1/1, Entropic Shield 1/1, Create Pit 1/1, Summon Monster II 1/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 2/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel positive energy 3/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:36 am

~ Day 16, 13:32 – Vrath Keep ~

~ At the keep ~Garm did notice there was an unnatural illumination on the corpse... after a bit of study, he believed there was spell cast upon it so it will shine like a torch at night. During the day it was not so noticeable, but he could see it. His own spellcraft knowledge told him the spell cast was likely continual flame, a common spell used to create illumination for everburning torches and ioun torches.


Tactical Map | Show
Top is north, 1 SQ = 5ft

Map Notes:
1. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall

Image
Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      25/46 HP remaining; 1 Str Dmg;
 Horse:      05/16 HP remaining;
Katya:       Dead
 Kitty:      Dead
 Bugle:      10/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        21/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       28/41 HP remaining;
 Horse:      04/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       41/57 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    18/47 HP remaining;
Zeldana:     19/33 HP remaining; Shield (20r);

Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Katya Spells Remaining:         1st Level (1/7), 2nd Level (2/4)
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (2/5), 2nd Level (3/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  0/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       5/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (3/5), 2nd level (1/3)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    14/17
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
Zeldana Spells Remaining:       1st Level (3/7), 2nd Level (4/4)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12047
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Strat » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:25 pm

“Garm, how do you want to handle healing? If you don’t have any spells left, I can use some charges on my wand. I think everyone could use a little, in any case.”

Strat looked down through the window, seeing Zeldana below.

“Well, should we go join her? Maybe we should try to stick together, yeah?”

He turned around and saw Garm was poking at something.

“What did you find, Garm?”

spoiler: show
Swift Action: None.
Move Action: Stay put.
Standard Action: None.

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +12
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 41 Current: 21
Archaeologist's Luck (+3): 12/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 2/5 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 0/3 available (CMW, Glitterdust, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Garm » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:00 am

"I am not sure yet", Garm responded to Strat's second question, "But have a look here - this body is actually continuously emitting light, by magic! I suppose that our flying wizard down there cast it originally. Perhaps the idea was to send a signal to others far away? A means of intimidation? Some sort of nocturnal bird table to attract flying creatures? Or simply because he worked long hours up here and couldn't be bothered bringing torches like everyone else?"

He stepped back to let the others have a go. "That's all I can see, though it remains a ghastly business."

"And yes, I am now almost entirely out of magic. Any healing I do until tomorrow will be of the mundane medical variety, or through potions and wands."


He waited to see if anyone else wanted to investigate the ruined tower room in more detail, otherwise he was happy to accompany the others down the stairs to rejoin Zeldana.


Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action :
Standard Action:


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 21/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 2/1, Cure Light Wounds 1/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 1/1, Detect Evil 1/1, Entropic Shield 1/1, Create Pit 1/1, Summon Monster II 1/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 2/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel positive energy 3/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Strat » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:25 pm

“Oh,” Strat said. He grimaced at the smell. The adrenaline had been pumping so fiercely he hadn’t really noticed until now. He studied the corpse on the framework. “Yeah, or maybe it’s a warning. Like he made an example out of someone. I guess…”

He paused.

“Well, I can search it later. Let me use my wand to heal everyone at least one shot first.”

He took out his wand again, and touched it to each person in turn. He would have to go downstairs to heal Zeldana, but that could be handled later. Once the healing energy surged through each person, he eyed the state of their wounds. He was no doctor, but Garm looked pretty good. The rest of them could use more healing. He touched his wand to everyone up in the tower except Garm, then evaluated them again. What had been wounds were just bumps and bruises, except for Gaius. Strat touched his wand to his friend one more time.

“Okay, that should do it. Now let me see if there’s anything hidden this corpse, before we go downstairs.”

He looked at the stinking corpse, not sure if this would lead anywhere, but maybe there was something interesting to find that was well-hidden.

spoiler: show
Swift Action: None.
Move Action: Stay put.
Standard Action: Heal everyone present. Totals are:

Strat healed 13 points. New total 34. (He started with 21, not 28.)
Gaius healed 12 points. New total 53.
Garm healed 7 points. New total 28.
Kriger healed 15 points. New total 40.

Used a total of 8 charges, subtracted from wand on sheet.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st12095650
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st12095665
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st12095681

Take 20 on a +12 Perception on the corpse.

.

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +12
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 41 Current: 21
Archaeologist's Luck (+3): 12/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 2/5 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 0/3 available (CMW, Glitterdust, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Gaius sheathed his greatsword and thanked Strat, “I feel better, but I was not so battered that I could not wait until we got back to town, I think. With the bugger leader of theirs dead in the courtyard, there can only be cowards left in this keep now. We have only one door left and the room doesn’t appear to be very large.”

“But looking at that,” he nodded to the stinking corpse hanging there, “reminds me that we had heard rumors of this place being haunted by undead. With the hole in the tower, maybe this is what people saw and thought it was a zombie or something.”

With the lass heading on down by herself, the cavalier followed after to start retrieving his chakram that were scattered all over the place.


Actions | Show
W18
Take 10 on Perception +9 for 19 as required

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +9, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 21
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 57 Current: 41
Challenge: 1/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect:

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 47 Current: 18

Attacks: 2xHooves (+4; 1d6+5), Bite (+3; 1d4+5) w/Power Attack
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:42 am

Downstairs, Zeldana makes herself busy until her new compatriots arrive. After re-sheathing her knife, she also spies and retrieves Krieger's bow. Turning, she looks at Katya's body and sighs. "I barely knew her, but still," she mutters, as she begins the task of wrapping the deceased using the enemy's bed dressings and Katya's cloak. By the time the others arrive, she is in the midst of the task. Wordlessly, she hands the blonde ranger's favored weapon to him, and then continues with caring for Katya.

After Zeldana is finally done with her task, she stands and speaks, "I don't suppose your friend here left any notification of where to contact her family? Hopefully, I've prepared her well enough for travel."


Actions | Show
Now out of combat, it's hard to account for rounds of shield left. Leaving it alone unless something happens that requires it.
Anyway, actions are as IC states. Retrieve Krieger's bow for him. Then, see what can be done for Katya's body.

Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 19/33, Speed 30'
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions Shield (?r)
Items Dropped None
Spells slots used: 4x1st
User avatar
Aura
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron