TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Image - Have nuts, will travel

Moderator: PMiller

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:16 am

~ 01:25am Local - Cato Neimoidia: Darga's Palace ~Pushing a button on the door caused it to creak and stutter as it slid open, revealing a chamber that resembled a dilapidated hospital room. It had the same musty smell as the outer hallway, but in the room there was a large bed on which lay a woman well into her older years, connected to a variety of machines that seemed to be monitoring her vital functions.

Image
A large tube of semitransparent liquid was connected to the woman intravenously, and her chest rose and fell slowly. She did not respond to Kalla’s query or the door opening.

With the door open and seeing the woman, the whispers in the minds of J’hera Zed and Teeva became stronger, and the voice claimed that she could feel them close to her. The whispers continued to beg them to free her.


UPDATED MAP for Dungeon

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
J'hera Zed: 32/49 HP (Thd 15)(FP7); CT: 0;
Hayole:     36/59 HP (Thd 20)(FP7); CT: 0;
Critias:    38/38 HP (Thd 17)(FP7); CT: 0;
Kalla:      58/58 HP (Thd 23)(FP7); CT: 0;
Teeva:      55/55 HP (Thd 16)(FP5); CT: 0;

J'hera's Powers Avail: Force Slam, Move Object, Force Whirlwind, Force Blast, Levitate, Negate Energy, Force Grip, Telekinetic Savant
Kalla's Rage (8 rnds): 1/1
Teeva's Powers Avail: Battle Strike, Move Object; Surge; Force Blast
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12141
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby Critias Nor » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:10 pm

Crit paused, staring into the room. An older woman was lying on a bed, connected to machines and IV that Crit immediately assumed was a sedative. The woman’s eyes were closed and her expression was slack, clearly unconscious.

He shuddered inside at the sight. How long had she been kept prisoner this way? It was cruelty. Then he remembered their own prisoner back on the ship. They were doing the exact same thing to her.

He fought for a moment with his morality, then pushed it aside. Now was not the time, though it sufficed to say that they had done their fair share of terrible things while on this mission. Or rather, he had done his fair share. He couldn’t pass the blame to others when all of these things had been his idea.

He exhaled slowly, then stepped into the room.

“I will check her to see if it’s safe to wake her up or not,” he told the others.

If they had to bring her with them while she was unconscious, it could prove to be tricky to transport her. But otherwise, if she was indeed the prisoner in the coded transmission – and he had to assume that she was – then they needed to rescue her. J’hera Zed and Teeva’s reports about someone reaching out telepathically only added to the mystery.

He bent over the machines, and made his best medical assessment.

spoiler: show
Take 10 on a +13 Treat Injury to determine if/how she is best woken up.
User avatar
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:57 pm

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby LMiller » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:44 pm

Image
Kalla grunted as he stepped inside the room. It wasn’t a wookiee, but instead a middle-aged woman.

“Mmrowrrgh!?” (Is this the Force user?)

Then the wookiee followed Critias to the bed. He peered over and waved his furry hand over her face. She didn’t wake up.

Kalla Combat Information | Show
Init: +8
HP:58/58; Second Winds: 2/2 remaining
Fort: 18; Ref: 16 (FF 14); Will: 13
Damage Threshold: 22; Condition Track:
FP: 7

Weapon in Hand: Vibroax
Medpacs: 1
Special Combat Actions: Rage

Character Sheet - Kallakannazza
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby J'hera Zed » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:22 am

Image
J’hera Zed remained on the wookiee's shoulder, clutching on to paw-fulls of fur as the tall warrior leaned over to wave his hand in front of the woman's face.

He answered, "Cee Jay confirms this is the woman speaking to him in his mind. Even though she in unconscious, her thoughts are growing stronger and she says we are very near here even if her eyes are not open. She can sense his presence through the Living Force, he presumes... Therefore she must be strong in the use of the Force. He could only hope she is a master."

"She tells him to free her."

Actions | Show
Still riding the wookiee mount

Combat Information | Show
HP: 32/49; Second Winds 2/2 remaining
Ref: 22 (18ff) Fort: 15 Will: 17
Damage Threshold: 15 Condition Track: None
FP: 7+1/day = 7

Weapon in Hand: None
Blaster (43/50 shots remain)
Grenades: 4 Stun, 3 Frag
Energy Balls: 5

Special Combat Actions: Telekinetic Savant
Force Powers Available (UtF +14): Force Slam, Move Object, Force Whirlwind, Force Blast, Levitate, Negate Energy, Force Grip
Have nuts will travel the Galaxy
J'hera Zed - Sciurus Jedi
User avatar
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:21 am
Location: In a galaxy far, far away

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:03 am

~ 01:26am Local - Cato Neimoidia: Darga's Palace ~Image
Looking over the medical equipment, Critias was quickly able to understand what was going on. The machines were keeping her in a coma and monitoring her vital signs.

Carefully disconnecting the machines should allow the woman to awaken as the drug being continuously pumped into her system was likely keeping the Force User under. She might need some time to recover from the after affects, but he thought he could do it without causing any harm.


UPDATED MAP for Dungeon

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
J'hera Zed: 32/49 HP (Thd 15)(FP7); CT: 0;
Hayole:     36/59 HP (Thd 20)(FP7); CT: 0;
Critias:    38/38 HP (Thd 17)(FP7); CT: 0;
Kalla:      58/58 HP (Thd 23)(FP7); CT: 0;
Teeva:      55/55 HP (Thd 16)(FP5); CT: 0;

J'hera's Powers Avail: Force Slam, Move Object, Force Whirlwind, Force Blast, Levitate, Negate Energy, Force Grip, Telekinetic Savant
Kalla's Rage (8 rnds): 1/1
Teeva's Powers Avail: Battle Strike, Move Object; Surge; Force Blast
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12141
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby Critias Nor » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:58 pm

“It looks like I’ll be able to wake her up with no adverse effects,” Crit murmured to Wook and Cee Jay.

He wondered how long she had been kept in this medically induced coma. If it was longer than a few weeks, there would be adverse effects on her body, especially since her captors had probably not done anything other the bare minimum to keep her under. Muscle degradation would be an issue, as would bed sores and other issues that were not easily spotted with a cursory examination.

He looked to the Wook and Cee Jay.

“I’m going to have to turn off these machines to do it. However, turning off the machines may cause an alarm to sound. Wook, will you please let the others know to stay alert, in case guards rush in while our friend is still waking up? Cee Jay, will you please tell her what I’m about to do, so she can be as ready as one can be for such a thing?”

If she already wasn’t aware of everything they were saying, Crit thought, with a bit of grim amusement. He had no idea how such things worked.

Methodically, he began to start the procedure to taper off the drug before shutting the machines off. He went for the best mix of speed and safety as he could.
User avatar
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:57 pm

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby Teeva » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:24 am

"Oh My!" gasped Teeva as the door was opened and they saw the inside of the room. The older woman locked in a coma by medical machines was confirmed by through the Force to be the woman in her mind. It must be dreadful to be in such a state. A worse form of imprisonment, being trapped in an unconscious body.

"Yes, we must free her, " she pleaded to the others.

But Crit was a step ahead as he had entered the room and took a quick assessment. The woman was in no immediate danger, but the process to wake her would take some time.

"Do what you need to do. Alarm is going to sound eventually, one way or another."

Teeva then warned Hayole of the potential trouble coming there way and to be ready. She then stood guard, ready to deal with whatever came their way.



actions | Show
Swift Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action: [/url]


Teeva Mini-stats | Show
Init +9, Speed 30ft
Current HP: 47/47; Second Winds 3/3 remaining
Ref: 17 (12ff) Fort:15 Will: 16
Damage Threshold: 14 Condition Track: normal
FP: 6 4

Current Weapon in Hand: blaster
Medpacs: 2

Special Combat Actions: block
Force Powers Available (UtF +6): Battlestrike, Move Object, Surge, Force Blast
Teeva, Jensaarai Force User
User avatar
Teeva
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:29 am

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby J'hera Zed » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:30 pm

Image
J’hera Zed looked over at Critias, the large black orbs of his eyes unblinking for a moment.

“Cee Jay will do that.”

He hoped off of the Wookiee’s shoulder to land on the bed beside the older, human woman. He voiced squeaked as he patted the unconscious woman’s arm, “This man is going to disconnect the machines. He says to get ready to be free and he expects an alarm to sound too so everyone may need to scamper fast.”

Actions | Show
dismounted

Combat Information | Show
HP: 32/49; Second Winds 2/2 remaining
Ref: 22 (18ff) Fort: 15 Will: 17
Damage Threshold: 15 Condition Track: None
FP: 7+1/day = 7

Weapon in Hand: None
Blaster (43/50 shots remain)
Grenades: 4 Stun, 3 Frag
Energy Balls: 5

Special Combat Actions: Telekinetic Savant
Force Powers Available (UtF +14): Force Slam, Move Object, Force Whirlwind, Force Blast, Levitate, Negate Energy, Force Grip
Have nuts will travel the Galaxy
J'hera Zed - Sciurus Jedi
User avatar
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:21 am
Location: In a galaxy far, far away

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:31 pm

Image
Hayole was still on the rear guard duty at the corner where the hallway led back to the stairs and up above.

He gave Teeva a “thumbs up” sign and said softly over the commlink in his helmet, “Copy that. Ready for trouble here.”

UPDATED TACTICAL MAP

Hayole's Combat Info | Show
Moved into position

Character Sheet
HP: 36/59; Second Winds 5/5 remaining
Fort: 20; Ref: 20 (17 Flat-Footed); Will: 15
Damage Threshold: 20; Condition Track:
FP: 7/7
Init: +10
Perception: +8 (+10 w/helmet)

Weapons
-Heavy Blaster Rifle [+9 Atk... 3d10+3 (+10 Atk... 3d10+4 in point blank range; Aiming Damage 4d10+4)] 24/30 Shots Remaining [single fire mode]
-Heavy Blaster Pistol [+7 Atk... 3d8+1 (+8 Atk... 3d8+2 in point blank range)]

Special Combat Actions
-Autofire Assault (Autofire penalty is reduced to -2 and autofire hits deal an additional +1 die of damage)
-Point Blank Shot (+1 Atk, +1 Damage to ranged attacks in point blank range)
-Precise Shot (may fire into melee without taking a -5 penalty)
-Deadeye (Aiming before a Ranged Attack increases the damage die by 1)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12141
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby LMiller » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:11 pm

Image
Kalla growled at the machine, and then glanced over at Critias.

“Wwrrourwwrgh!” (Let's hurry up, and break that thing.)

The wookie stepped back, and turned towards the door. He was ready for any attack.
Kalla Combat Information | Show
Init: +8
HP:58/58; Second Winds: 2/2 remaining
Fort: 18; Ref: 16 (FF 14); Will: 13
Damage Threshold: 22; Condition Track:
FP: 7

Weapon in Hand: Vibroax
Medpacs: 1
Special Combat Actions: Rage

Character Sheet - Kallakannazza
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:52 pm

~ 01:27am Local - Cato Neimoidia: Darga's Palace ~Image
Soon the eyes of the older woman on the bed flickered open and then seemed glazed for a long moment before drawing into sharp focus.

She lifted her head slightly to look Critias and J’hera Zed over before raising herself to a sitting position.

“Thank you. I’ve spent too long trapped inside my own body. Tell me, how fares the war? What planet is this? Has the Jedi Council sent you to find me?” she asked question after question without waiting for an answer in between. Then she paused looking from one face to another before asking another question, “Who are you?”


UPDATED MAP for Dungeon

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
J'hera Zed: 32/49 HP (Thd 15)(FP7); CT: 0;
Hayole:     36/59 HP (Thd 20)(FP7); CT: 0;
Critias:    38/38 HP (Thd 17)(FP7); CT: 0;
Kalla:      58/58 HP (Thd 23)(FP7); CT: 0;
Teeva:      55/55 HP (Thd 16)(FP5); CT: 0;
Denia:     108/108 HP (Thd 29)(FP5); CT: -5;

J'hera's Powers Avail: Force Slam, Move Object, Force Whirlwind, Force Blast, Levitate, Negate Energy, Force Grip, Telekinetic Savant
Kalla's Rage (8 rnds): 1/1
Teeva's Powers Avail: Battle Strike, Move Object; Surge; Force Blast
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12141
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby Critias Nor » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:05 pm

“Go slowly, please,” Crit said, as the woman raised herself to a sitting position.

He was surprised she could sit up at all, quite frankly, if she had been under as long as her words seemed to imply. But perhaps it was something about being a Jedi. He didn’t have water on him, but he found a wrapped cup in a cabinet and used the sink to fill it up with water that was somewhat dubiously clean. It would have to do.

He offered her the cup.

“Here, drink. Slowly now, and not too much at once.” Crit watched her carefully to make sure she complied. “As for us, we are friends. My name is Cannon, and this is Cee Jay. Our other allies outside the room are Overwatch, Wook, and Vex. As you noted, you have been prisoner here for some time. The war is over. The galaxy is changed from what you will remember.”

It was ominous, yes. But he could think of no better way to ease her into the truth, given the urgency of their situation. The other item that she had asked about needed to be handled with far more delicacy, so he did not address the question for now.

“We are on a mission of mercy when we found out about a prisoner being held in this basement, that prisoner being you. We knew that we needed to help you. You are on Caito Neimoidia, in the palace of a Hutt named Darga, though we do not think he was directly responsible for your imprisonment. What do you remember last? Do you know how you were taken?”
User avatar
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:57 pm

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby LMiller » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Image
Kalla raised an eyebrow and looked puzzled. How can the woman talk right after she was unconscious?

“Mrrouwrr!” (We came to help you.) he mumbled, and peered out the door again.The wookie let the others do the talking while he watched for guards. Still, no sign.

Kalla Combat Information | Show
Init: +8
HP:58/58; Second Winds: 2/2 remaining
Fort: 18; Ref: 16 (FF 14); Will: 13
Damage Threshold: 22; Condition Track:
FP: 7

Weapon in Hand: Vibroax
Medpacs: 1
Special Combat Actions: Rage

Character Sheet - Kallakannazza
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby Teeva » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:23 am

Teeva looked into the room from her person at the doorway as Crit went through the process of waking the prisoner. She was a bit shocked by the quickness of the older woman's recovered. And the old woman spoke.

"Yes. Cee Jay and I heard you call for help. We couldn't leave you as a prisoner. But some of your questions may have to wait until we are safe. But as Cannon has said. The galaxy has changed..."

The young force user glanced over her shoulders at the stairs. It would be only a matter of time before guards showed up.

actions | Show
Swift Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action: [/url]


Teeva Mini-stats | Show
Init +9, Speed 30ft
Current HP: 47/47; Second Winds 3/3 remaining
Ref: 17 (12ff) Fort:15 Will: 16
Damage Threshold: 14 Condition Track: normal
FP: 6 4

Current Weapon in Hand: blaster
Medpacs: 2

Special Combat Actions: block
Force Powers Available (UtF +6): Battlestrike, Move Object, Surge, Force Blast
Teeva, Jensaarai Force User
User avatar
Teeva
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:29 am

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby J'hera Zed » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Image
J’hera Zed looked up at Critias as he provided their false names and sort of misrepresented their purpose in Darga's Palace. The human woman had been speaking within his mind earlier,and might easily recognize the falsehoods. He can feel there must be great power there.

He spoke up, “Cee Jay is not really Cee Jay and neither are the others. They are here using pretend names and pretending to be tough mercs to get Darga the Hutt to like them so they can learn his secrets. Cee Jay does not want to give false impression to the freed human woman.”

Actions | Show
dismounted

Combat Information | Show
HP: 32/49; Second Winds 2/2 remaining
Ref: 22 (18ff) Fort: 15 Will: 17
Damage Threshold: 15 Condition Track: None
FP: 7+1/day = 7

Weapon in Hand: None
Blaster (43/50 shots remain)
Grenades: 4 Stun, 3 Frag
Energy Balls: 5

Special Combat Actions: Telekinetic Savant
Force Powers Available (UtF +14): Force Slam, Move Object, Force Whirlwind, Force Blast, Levitate, Negate Energy, Force Grip
Have nuts will travel the Galaxy
J'hera Zed - Sciurus Jedi
User avatar
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:21 am
Location: In a galaxy far, far away

PreviousNext

Return to Tales of a Squirrel Jedi [SWSE]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest