Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Image - Welcome to the Wasteland.

Moderator: Herzog

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby Robin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:50 am

Robin stepped back with Zak and Givens, glad for the opportunity to talk while not being directly observed. It was a hard act to keep up, this business of talking with a different accent, being someone other than who he was.

He considered what Zak had to say.

“What about those Enclave assholes?” he asked, keeping his voice low nonetheless. “How quickly do you think they’ll come back here and ask us about the things we didn’t tell them? I like the idea of making stuff to sell rather than using caps, but I don’t want to have to deal with those guys.”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby sirfinn » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:39 pm

"Back in moment." Givens spoke to the traders.

Following the lads so they could discuss matters, "making n trading be worthy option. If dey be interested."
"We are headin' to a larger trading place. Maybe we scrounge 'n use da cart wiff brahmin to pull it."

"We bartered one night here, but maybes Mordecai can talk dem to another day 'ere."
"Stayin' in one place has risks n benefits."
"Just gotta see which it be."

Looking to Robyn, "Yous do mechanical stuff like Zak?"
"If we stay, might build some goodwill. Never huts in da wasteland."

Looking to the boys, "so what services we offerin' exactly so we can dicker proper."
"I can help make da cart. Done some mechanical stuff before and handyman jobs on me farm."
"Yous got enough parts for two carts Zak?"
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:14 pm

Zak frowned at the mention of the Enclave pricks. "Yeah, they might come back here. If they are pissed off enough, they will be back tonight since they can fly. If they figure out they want to get us after it is too late to fly, then come first in the morning they will likely be here. I guess if they want to find us, they are going to find us unless we want to leave right now."

"But the information we have, they can learn from Lawyer's Road without us. I think it would be a waste of fuel and time to come back here just because a couple of kids didn't wanna tell them much. Since we did right by Mr. Pink, I bet those assholes don't really learn much anyway. I think we are fine, and if we are not then we at least won't look guilty by running," he shrugged.

To answer Givens he said, "No, I only had enough stuff for one cart, and I am getting the wheels here. If they have enough supplies, I could make a wagon instead. That will probably take all day though... but I don't mind staying longer if it means some good trade. If we can work for one or two days to pay for the extra ammo, medical stuff, and more provisions, then it will be worth it. Keeping the second brahmin and the caps we got, means we have more to trade at the next place. A larger settlement might not need our special expertise and only will deal with caps or goods."

"So that is building and making stuff for me, particularly I can make ammunition. Rob can offer medical help, if he wants."
Fallout
Zak d20 Sheet, The Window Sheet - Played by PMiller
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby sirfinn » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:16 pm

"da cart has two wheels. Wagon four?" Givens clarified. "both will means we stick to da old roads."
"Raiders watch roads 'n ambush regular like."

"Yous build da cart. Sees local reaction."
"Maybe it draw out better tradin' " Givens shrugged.

"Will help wiff yer building cart come morning. Lets get wheels first, 'n use plant adhesive for trade."
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:01 am

Zak nodded at Givens' question, "Yeah, the wagon would be bigger with four wheels."

"But don't ya misunderstand me, I don't actually think we need a cart for us anymore. I agree that a brahmin would be better for getting off the roads. The cart or wagon is only if the locals here want a cart or wagon built and are willing to trade us for it."

"I think we are ready for you to negotiate... unless Robin still objects to my reasoning against just getting the hell out of here. We could trade for the materials of the cart and I could construct it later to trade away at the next settlement."
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Robin » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:20 am

Robin shrugged.

“Nah, it’s okay. You’re probably right and they won’t come back.”

He didn’t look at Zak as he said it, staring off beyond the perimeter instead, frowning under his headwrap.

“I’ll help you with the cart, or with the ammo. Whatever is more helpful. Anyway, go for it, Givens. Maybe you can get us a good trade.”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby sirfinn » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:27 pm

Givens nods to the two lads, "Right then. Lets see if dey wish to dicker proper."

Joining the few traders again, Givens gave a slight smile of encouragement. "We wishing to trade. The lad wishes dem wheels over yonder."
"I have pots of adhesive to trade."
"We also have some skills we happy to trade too. Mainly, Mechanical n medical skills."

"So ya ready to trade?"
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby Robin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:44 am

Robin grimaced as soon as Givens mentioned ‘medical skills’. He gestured frantically at Givens, waving his hands back and forth, then realized he was only drawing more attention to himself, and abruptly stopped. He stared down at the ground, shoulders hunched. He leaned away and tried to make himself look as small as possible.

“Mebye not medical skills,” he mumbled. “I can do bandages and stuff, but I dunno ‘bout much else. Oh, I can put Brahmin dung on da wounds. That cleans them up real good, right?”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:10 am

Zak looked over at Robin, catching right away that Givens had dimed out the boy’s medical training without knowing about their previous trouble. He commented softly out of the side of his mouth as he heard Rob add some clarification to downplay his skills. “Nice save.”

“Sorry, I thought he’d wait ta get your permission first since I had said if you wanted to offer. I guess he took that as okay without you cautioning him about it.”
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Herzog » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:11 am

The wastelands that were waiting for you to resolve your internal discussion shrugs his shoulders. He didn't really seem to be paying attention to Given's slip of skills or Robin's recovery. Or at least didn't make any reaction.

For the adhesive, you were able to trade for the two wheels. The wheels looked to be those of a large bicycle. Sturdy enough to carry a few hundred pounds once put on an axle. They would work for a light cart.

During the trading, Mordecai hadn't come back around from talking to the head of the outpost.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby sirfinn » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:43 pm

Givens shook on the deal and handed of the pots of adhesive for the two wheels. He passed one to Zak and carried the second.
"Looks like dey have nuffin else to trade right now."
"Lets make da cart."

"Maybe it' ll create some interest. Tradin might come from dem."

Glancing to Zak, "wheres ya wishin' to make cart?"
Givens waits to see what Zak is planning to do and assists if able on the construction.
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:23 am

The outpost was not that large so anywhere they set up their construction project would be noticed. Zack answered with a shrug, "Don't much matter to me. But it is getting dark so let's find Mord and see where we be bunking tonight. I am not sure I wanna stay up all night working on the cart any ways."

Carrying the new materials he went to go hang out around where they last saw Mordecai.
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Robin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:54 pm

Robin grunted. Being nonverbal was easier than keeping up the particular patois that they were using to sound like they were really from the waste, though maybe it was a better idea to get in more practice. He still didn’t think he was much good at it, unlike Zak, who seemed to have taken to it naturally, like he’d been born speaking that way.

But then again, that was Zak: good at everything he set his mind to be good at. The rest didn’t matter much to Zak, and that seemed to be just fine with him. He was a person who knew his strengths well, and didn’t lament about his limitations.

He shuffled along with Zak and Givens, but kept his gaze alert. They were still new in this town and didn’t know how things worked here exactly. There were probably a lot of unspoken rules, rules that they would be expected to understand. At least they had Mordecai.

“Where did he go?” Robin said, looking around.

Rolls | Show
Perception (3)
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st12170977
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Mordecai » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:05 am

As if speaking of his name invoked his presence, Mordecai was soon striding towards the trio of you. It was a small outpost after all, wasn't that hard to loose some one.

The scout nodded to each of you as he rejoined the group.

"So how'd you make out. Wheels for your cart project?"

"Anyway, Frankie and I were catching up. Seems we might know some one that might have a lead on this Professor. Might be worth looking into, depending on what you guys want to do."
Mordecai
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Zak » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:26 pm

Zac nodded and jerked a thumb at them, "Right there. But we were just discussing about the actual need to have the cart now. With the Brahamin to carry the excess gear, we don't really need the cart. I was going to still built it though, since we can probably trade it for something more valuable than the individual parts. If not here, then the next stop."

"We have some other stuff too."

He stepped in closer to the older man so their conversation was more private. "What's this about the lead? Did Frankie tell the Enclave the same thing, or did he keep it to himself?"
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout [The Window]