Arena #1 [IC/OOC Thread]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Postby Sefrenia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Sefrenia nods satisfactorily at the result of the battle, a glorious victory and mostly minor cuts to show for it. Heironeous's Glory we have vanquished some evil beings this day.

She ignores the pain of her wound, seeing that others might have more need. She offers up, "Brunhilde, shall I heal your wound? How about you Raddick?" She watches the kobold and wizard exit the arena thinking to herself, clearly the arrogant wizard doesn't wish to be healed.

With a prayer to Heironeous she heals Raddick's minor injury. If the halfling barbarian accepts her offer she will heal her too.

After healing the man, she inquires of Raddick, "Since we have won and you placed the bet are we collecting here or later?"

She remarks to Ashleigh, "That is an interesting ability you have there. Flinging energy from your hands. It certainly is effective."

Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1=5) on Raddick
Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1=9) on Brunhilde if she stops for it.
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Postby Fenris » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:40 pm

So.. fast. And they are all dead, bloody with guts, hanging out and. . . Ohhh no. OMG notnowinfrontofcrowd... Too late Ashleigh.

Ashleigh stood up unsteadily and surveyed their work, clearily a bit green around the edges now that the battle was over. She nodded to Sefrenia at her comment, and replied, "Thanks. Uhm... I am fine. Ummmm!". And, turned quickly around and bent over slightly, only to vomit and then heave for a bit. After a moment she stood back up and replied again somewhat more weakly, "See! Just fine.."

And what a show that was Ashleigh! And, now I get to appear greedy, instead of just inept too. But, I have little choice if I am to survive. I must become stronger, and I am almost out of funds. Besides they are already dead now and had the same choice we did. Didn't they? Bah. Just keep telling yourself that.

She paused a bit and watched the rest begin to exit the stadium. But, instead stayed put for a bit, perhaps to gather herself together and said, "Uh. Guys. Arent we supposed to.... Take their stuff... Or something? Like what Deves said earlier?"

She looked questioningly at Deves and the group, clearly not sure how to proceed.

Image
-- If violence isn't solving your problems, you are probably not using enough of it.

Adventurer's Guild: Ashleigh Carlisle
Fenris
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Postby Raddick » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:55 pm

Raddick replies to Sefrenia, "Thank you kindly lass. I appreciate it. I will collect our winnings from the agent and bring them to the Common Room later."

Then he rests a hand on the other girl's shoulder and says softly, "Let them go, we can split the rest up ourselves. Then you and me can really have a party with gold we get from the loot, eh?"

OOC: Since Blick already entered the Common Room on the other thread, I think he is gone. He posted Arthos with him.
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
User avatar
Raddick
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:23 am
Location: Realms around Callenburg

Postby Fenris » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:58 pm

With apparently noone else to help, Ashleigh scavenged the dead with a distatful expression upon her face.


So what does she find?


Image
-- If violence isn't solving your problems, you are probably not using enough of it.

Adventurer's Guild: Ashleigh Carlisle
Fenris
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Postby Sefrenia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:07 pm

OOC: I was waiting on Brunhilde about the healing. But I will move on.

Sefrenia shrugs at the others' departure and replies, "I will help you Ashleigh." She moves to also search the corpses.
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Postby PMiller » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:05 pm

Raddick joins in the search as well. In addition to the weapons and armor they were using, the monsters had some items that were stashed in their belongings, probably taken from their latest victims.

Once completed, the inventory includes (items are medium-sized unless noted differently):
6 sets of leather armor (small) - resale @30gp
6 light wooden shields (small) - resale @9gp
12 javelins (small) - resale @3gp
6 short swords (small) - resale @30gp
Masterwork leather Armor - resale @155gp
Morningstar - resale @4gp
Light Shield, Wooden - resale @1.5gp
3 Javelins - resale @1.5gp
Masterwork Dwarven Waraxe - resale @165gp
Masterwork Chain Shirt - resale @125gp
Full Plate mail - resale @750gp
Masterwork Composite Longbow (+2Str rating) - resale @300gp
160gp
100sp

Total Treasure Worth: 1744gp
-125gp for the Guild Dues = 1619gp
Last edited by PMiller on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12564
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Raddick » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:41 pm

Raddick remarks, "Cor! That's not a bad haul at all, particularly if we only split it three or four ways. The armor is definitely useful, but it will cost some to re-size it, about 10% or the resale value."

"Typically what people do in this circumstance is to divide up the treasure equally based on the resale value of the items. Let's say we divide this 3 ways, that's roughly 539gp each. If someone wants to keep an item, then instead of selling it to a store owner, you effectively sell it that party member with them buying it out of their share."

"And so, speaking of specifics, I would be willing to purchase both the plate mail and the longbow. With my share of the treasure and my winnings from the betting, I think I can afford them. Particularly since none of you can use the longbow and Sefrenia cannot afford the platemail even with her winnings from the contest's wager. Shall we sell this stuff at the stores and divide it up? Then we can head back to the Adventurer's Guild and I can hand over the winnings."


DM Edit: If you are ready you can visit Teron’s Superior Outfitting and Equipment Guild for off scene shopping. You also need to handover 125gp for the Guild Dues. Then the rest of the group can post here: Groups B & C: Common Room [IC/OOC]
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
User avatar
Raddick
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:23 am
Location: Realms around Callenburg

Postby Sefrenia » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:06 pm

Sefrenia looks at the other two and says, "Fine by me Raddick, I can use the money to improve my gear as well. I would like a shiny set of platemail, but alas, I will have to wait. Ashleigh, do you wish the chain shirt?"

OOC: I am pretty much ready to go back to the Adventurer's Guild's tavern after swinging by the stores to do some shopping. I will take my 539gp and spend it.
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Postby PMiller » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:29 pm

OOC: Okay then. Fenris, up to you. You can take the chain shirt and deduct 125 from your 539gp or not.
Just post here OOC what you are doing and any money you are spending and then head over to the Common Room.

Same for you Sefrenia on the money issue.

Raddick is going to post over there later today anyway since others are waiting on him.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12564
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Sefrenia » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:40 pm

OOC: Sold my longsword: +7.5gp
Sold my scalemail: +25gp
Bought: Masterwork longsword and normal Breastplate
Updated sheet.
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Postby Fenris » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:53 pm

sure keep the chain shirt, ditch her leather, and squirrel away the rest of the cash. Howmuch did she win on the bet? She wagered all 20gp she had at the time.


Image
-- If violence isn't solving your problems, you are probably not using enough of it.

Adventurer's Guild: Ashleigh Carlisle
Fenris
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Postby PMiller » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:00 pm

Raddick will pay her the 60gp of her winnings back in the common room (net gain of 40gp). I just posted him there paying off the others.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12564
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Sefrenia » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:41 am

Sefrenia waves farewell to Raddick and says to Ashleigh, "I will see you back at the tavern. I assume you are going to continue with this adventuring business."

After parting, she takes her share of the loot and stops by the stores to pick up her new purchases on the way back to the Guild's tavern.
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Previous

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron