Game #1 [IC Thread]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Game #1 [IC Thread]

Postby PMiller » Sun May 30, 2010 5:17 am

*** IF YOU ARE NOT A PLAYER IN GAME #1 PLEASE READ NO FURTHER IF YOU HAVE INTENTIONS OF PARTICIPATING IN GUILD GAMES!! ***


Game #1 Participants
Latvius: Male Human Monk, Xan Chow-Huan
Ari: Male Goliath Druid, Kaeov Darkstrider Mavotha
Darkstrider's Earth Elemental Companion Flintrunner
Oskatat: Female Human Rogue, Lena Debore
Herzog: Male Human Barbarian, Uthgar
GerOge: Human Male Spellthief, GerOge
Last edited by PMiller on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 8 times in total.
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12550
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby PMiller » Sun May 30, 2010 5:27 am

As the adventurer's enter into the common room of the Guild, they see many adventurous types mingling and conversing. Some are swapping stories, others drinking ale, and even a few engaged in games of chance. You have heard that new comers should speak to a Dwarf named Deves Markham, a retired fighter that is a prominent member of the Guild.
OOC: Deves Markham is listed in the Callenburg: Places and People thread.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12550
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Oskatat » Sun May 30, 2010 10:55 am

As Lena enters the common room she stays just inside the door opening, making a quick scan of the room, looking for any dwarf that seems to match her expectations and the little she got as description.

(spot +4)

If she sees anyone who might match, she walks over and listens in to any conversations there to verify her guess. She is informed however that the man isnt always in the common room, and if she cant find a good match, looks around for a least crowded area, or any others who look as if they might be new
Only people with both feet on the ground can build castles in the sky
User avatar
Oskatat
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 11:20 am
Location: NL

Postby Darkstrider » Sun May 30, 2010 12:25 pm

The Goliath walks into the bar and looks around. He sees patrons playing bar games and feels a need for competition. He quells it and walks to the bar. 'I'm looking for a dwarf.'
User avatar
Darkstrider
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:45 am

Postby PMiller » Sun May 30, 2010 8:08 pm

Lena can see a few Dwarves in the common room and one does look like an important figure in the Guild not being dressed in heavy armor but nicer clothes instead. He is at a table talking with some other would be adventurers, at least that's the assessment based on their attire and weapons. Also looking around the room she notices (can't hardly miss him) a very tall man without hair and mottled skin. The room goes a little quiet as this stranger, whose race has not been seen before in callenburg, walks up to the bartender, a half-orc that is drying a mug with a towel. On hearing him ask about a Dwarf, the 4-5 in the room definitely start paying attention to him now, including the one Lena surmises is Deves. Dwarves, not shy when it comes to fighting giants, are clearly interested in what the large man is inquiring about.

-----------

Darkstrider notices the quietness come over the common room at his entrance, but he has come to expect this wherever he goes in this town. The half-orc bartender looks up from drying the mug and answers with a snort, "Yeah? There are a few in here." His gaze returns back to his task at hand.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12550
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Darkstrider » Mon May 31, 2010 3:01 am

'Don't worry meadpourer, I'm not here to cause trouble, just here for questions.' The large humanoid turns, feeling the stare of the dwarves on the back of his neck and eyes the dwarves with a smile. He shows them the palms of his hands in deference and begins speaking to them in dwarvish. 'I'm looking for a dwarf by the name of Deves. I was told he was the person to come see if I came to this town.'
User avatar
Darkstrider
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:45 am

Postby PMiller » Mon May 31, 2010 4:55 am

At hearing Deves's name, the bartender grunts drawing Darkstrider's attention and nods towards a Dwarf that is dressed in nicer clothes and not wearing armor like the other Dwarves.

Darkstrider can see the Dwarf meet his gaze for a moment, before he returns back to his conversation with his companions. Deves says a few words to them and then stands up motioning the Goliath to join him at a table with a little more privacy in the far corner of the room.

---------------

Lena hears the exchange between the stranger and the Dwarves, and thus has her confirmation that Dwarf she spotted is in fact Deves. She sees him wrap up his conversation and excuse himself from his companions.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12550
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Darkstrider » Mon May 31, 2010 5:41 am

Darkstrider walks towards the table in the corner, the smaller patrons moving to one side of him. He sits in the chair against the wall, turning it so he can see the exit. For some reason valley dwellers and plainsmen thought he was some sort of giant.

He sees the small dwarf walking towards him and recognizes quickly that he's not a man to annoy. He'd competed against far too many dwarves back in the mountains to take one lightly.

'Sir. I am Kaoev Darkstrider Mavotha. I come from the mountains in the south. I was told you run an adventurer's guild?'
User avatar
Darkstrider
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:45 am

Postby latvius » Mon May 31, 2010 6:18 am

Xan enters the room with a bewildered look on his face. Xan thinks to himself Look at all the different peoples, how fascinating, but I am here to find the Dwarf.
Xan moves to the Half-Orc bartender clasps his hands together and bows his head before him and politely asks “If one were looking for a Dwarf named Deves Markham, where would one find him?”
Playing
Xan Chow-Huan in The Adventurers Guild
Dan Givins Dept 7
Frakas in Adventures of Golarion
User avatar
latvius
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 9:32 am
Location: Tallahassee, Florida

Postby PMiller » Mon May 31, 2010 7:13 am

{OOC: Wow, everyone took Dwarven for a language! Is that because of Deves? :wink: }

Xan sees the big man with the mottled skin walking across the room away from the bar. The Half-orc barely glances at the monk while he sets down the dried mug and picks up another. He just grunts, "Over there," and nods over in the direction the Goliath just went. There is an unarmored Dwarf in nicer clothes over near there walking towards the table where the giant of a man sat down.

As Xan begins to turn away, he can barely hear the bartender grumbling to himself, "Second one in the past minute asking questions without ordering a drink." The bartender takes the dried mugs and heads farther down the bar to the casks of ale.

---------------------

Deves replies, "Aye this be the place. Name's Deves Markham. Buy me a drink and we can talk." Deves turns away to fetch his favorite barmaid leaving the Goliath alone for few moments.

{OOC: I added an OOC thread specifically for this game. Out of character questions can be asked and answered there (like this little bit of information). I will wait before Deves returns to the table to give Lena and Xan a chance to approach and meet Darkstrider. It also gives Herzog and GerOge a chance to enter the common room as well when they are ready.}
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12550
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Oskatat » Mon May 31, 2010 8:06 am

Having her confirmation, Lena moves closer to Deves and the others, trying to overhear what is being discussed without drawing attention. If anyone actively includes her, she steps up with the other two. For now, she is patient enough to simply wait and see how things turn out. In her mind, she makes a note to buy a drink at and perhaps for the barman sometime in the future "without asking a question". It might get him a bit on her side and friends can never hurt.
Only people with both feet on the ground can build castles in the sky
User avatar
Oskatat
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 11:20 am
Location: NL

Postby Herzog » Mon May 31, 2010 1:37 pm

Uthgar:


Uthgar walks into the common room, glances at the occupants and heads straight the bar. Finding a spot at the bar, Uthgar catches the bartenders attention, "Ach, barkeep, Can I get me a stout one?" While waiting for his drink, Uthgar examines the room more closely seeing if he can spot the dwarf he's heard about.

(spot +3)
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3233
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Postby PMiller » Mon May 31, 2010 5:35 pm

The Half-orc grunts, "5 Copper pieces," and he proceeds to full up a mug and put it on the bar. Uthgar sees a Dwarf that could be this Deves person he's heard about. The Dwarf is talking to a barmaid not far from a private table with a huge, mottled skinned man seated with his back to the wall. The huge man is glancing around the room and his gaze pauses over in your direction, probably because you and the man in monk robes, who just finished talking to the bartender farther down the bar, are also rather large figures, for humans that is.

------------

Lena approached closer, but the table with the seated, mottled man is positioned such that trying to overhear the conversations will mean being conspicuously close without an apparent purpose. She can clearly see that Deves is giving instructions to the barmaid and will likely return to the table shortly.
Last edited by PMiller on Mon May 31, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12550
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Darkstrider » Mon May 31, 2010 5:53 pm

Darkstrider turns his bald head around the room, looking at the patrons. He sees two humans, large for their race, at the bar, one drinking from a glass, the other looking about. Nearer to himself he sees a diminutive figure adorned in black glancing between himself and the dwarf fighter. He wonders what her intent is, if she's an adventurer like himself, or if she has something more nefarious in mind. A crowded bar wasn't the best place for an assassination but information gathering was easier when a creature's tongue was loose with alcohol. Though, people killing each other in a bar wasn't exactly a revolutionary idea.

Well, I suppose I'll handle things in my most subtle fashion.

He turns to the rogue and says in a gravelly but warm voice, 'Hello, Shadow-watcher, am I of interest to you, or is it the dwarf leader?'
User avatar
Darkstrider
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:45 am

Postby Lena Debore » Mon May 31, 2010 10:04 pm

Dropping her attempt to stay in the background, Lena Answers with a shrug

"The dwarf of course. While your appearance is interesting enough, you're of no interest to me, unless you can provide me with a job. One that makes people stop gossiping about whom I should marry."

A dismissive gesture with her hand shows her opinion of marriage and of the people who expect a young girl to get married... As if my life would be incomplete without some oaf as husband she thinks to herself

"And you, What brings you here. I don't remember seeing anyone like you before, and my memory is pretty good if i say so myself. Actually, never mind, you're here in this guild, the answers are either self evident, uninteresting, or you wouldn't tell me anyway."

She consciously doesn't mention her name yet. If more people are going to show up, she might as well tell them all at the same time. No need to repeat the same thing all the time
User avatar
Lena Debore
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 11:19 am

Next

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron