Want to be a Vampire?

This is for all questions, discussions, issues and what not that is not directly related to a campaign. Technical issues are to be posted in here as well. Finally, any important Administrator announcements will be made here as well.

Moderators: DM Sirine, DM Guildmaster, PMiller

Re: Want to be a Vampire?

Postby Alexandra Danislava » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:02 am

Shroudeye, I think you maybe should look at Alexandra's sheet and see what was done, it was a gestalt of vampire and mage. The magic was not typical vampire stuff.

Btw, it is an either or situation. Vivianne or Alexandra, not both. Sorry if you might be confused on that score. :oops:
Alexandra Danislava
Villager
Villager

Postby shroudeye » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:25 pm

LeighFox wrote:Definitely looking forward to this! Rules-light is good.. I'm in a lot of rules heavy games elsewhere, so this will be doubly-refreshing. I'll have to root around in some of my older books to see if it will inspire something fun and interesting <3

I too grew tired of rule heavy gaming and that is what struck me as a possible reason for my burnout. So I went over everything I liked and did not like about world of darkness and hammered out a new version, one geared for rules-light and PBP and hope to keep all entertained.

I too get inspired reading over the old fluff. The back stories are very good. I liked the clan books the most due to the fact that each one proves out the difference between them and also the points of view are easy to see. The Malkavian book was a bit freakish but that was to be expected. :)
Vote for the Site!

☻/ This is Bob. Copy and paste him
/▌ all over UnlimitedRPGs.com
/ \ so he can take over
shroudeye
Hero
Hero

Postby shroudeye » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:31 pm

Alexandra Danislava wrote:Shroudeye, I think you maybe should look at Alexandra's sheet and see what was done, it was a gestalt of vampire and mage. The magic was not typical vampire stuff.

Btw, it is an either or situation. Vivianne or Alexandra, not both. Sorry if you might be confused on that score. :oops:

I did make an attempt to view the character sheet but at this time it appears that I am locked out until permission is given for access. i will keep checking my email for the access link.

In any case, whichever character shows up at game time is fine by me. Bring a big fanged-filled smile and your A-game :)
Vote for the Site!

/ \ so he can take over
shroudeye
Hero
Hero

Postby Alexandra Danislava » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:20 am

shroudeye wrote:I did make an attempt to view the character sheet but at this time it appears that I am locked out until permission is given for access. i will keep checking my email for the access link.

Should be fixed now.
Alexandra Danislava
Villager
Villager

Postby shroudeye » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Thank you for opening up the character sheet for me to get access. I see now with greater understanding what you meant by "Gestalt". This game is not going to be as complicated, relying more on role-playing instead with occasional challenges that arise. No dots or dice pools, but you can pump into your action the minimum (one) to many more points to win over the challenge by out-bidding your opponent. Depletion of your own attributes is risky though and could attract unwanted attention from those that seek the demise of the character.
Vote for the Site!

/ \ so he can take over
shroudeye
Hero
Hero

Postby shroudeye » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Any further questions? I am still in need of players before I can start the game. Please post here or message me if interested.
Vote for the Site!

/ \ so he can take over
shroudeye
Hero
Hero

Postby wind in hair » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:47 pm

This campaign looks very interesting to me. I am most certainly intetested in playing as a charactor if and once it begins. Haven't played a vampire before but if I add a bit of dark,mysterios and focus you never know what could happen.
Wind in hair
Wind in hair
wind in hair

Postby shroudeye » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:05 pm

You are most welcome to join the game once we get started. I look forward to seeing your character concept and thank you for your interest. Hopefully, soon, we will have enough players willing to join and we can start not long after. Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions you may have. The rules are fairly easy to understand, but being home-brew in nature, questions are expected.
Vote for the Site!

/ \ so he can take over
shroudeye
Hero
Hero

Postby Alexandra Danislava » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:42 am

So that is how many you got?
Alexandra Danislava
Villager
Villager

Postby shroudeye » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:43 pm

Sadly we have three interested so far. I did not want to give a poor opening to players, hoping to get at least five to start. If you wish to begin however, I am willing to ask for the forums to be created and we can get started. I will have to scale back a few things in order to adjust to less than expected participation and hope to not disappoint. Perhaps a few more players will be attracted once the boards are created but only time will tell.
Vote for the Site!

/ \ so he can take over
shroudeye
Hero
Hero

Postby wind in hair » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Questions
Do you have specific locations in the city? Or can charactors create a location or two with in reason?
Im asking in regaurds to charactor backgrounds, roleplays and entertainment purposes.
Once a thread is created may we post backgrounds etc? Or wait for others to join before doing so?
Wind in hair
wind in hair

Postby shroudeye » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:17 pm

There are specific location to visit of course and when character become more established and grow in power, they too will carve off a part for themselves. Eventually each character will become part of their own story, one that should be able to pull in the others and entertain us all.

There will be separate threads to post character backgrounds, which will be posted after the character has been excepted for play. I will require a separate, private one that includes the truth. which will be sent to myself via private message. The public profile of the character can include anything you wish but I highly recommend not to reveal everything for it can and will be used against you by npc's and other players.
Vote for the Site!

/ \ so he can take over
shroudeye
Hero
Hero

Postby LeighFox » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:38 am

I'm still here, and still interested! I'm a bit stuck on a character concept right now though >.>
LeighFox
Villager
Villager

Postby shroudeye » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:52 pm

Glad to see you and some others are still interested. I am willing to help anyone with a character concept. My approach to this matter is to think about my own personality traits, mannerisms, etc and what would fit a vampire character. This is by no means the "best" approach, but can serve as a starting point to get some basics out of the initial brain-storming. There are other methods of course, and here are some examples: Taking a real-life personality and applying vampire attributes to them. Take a fictional character and transform them into something supernatural. Or just wing it and see what happens. Please send me your ideas and perhaps I can offer some advise. Or feel free to get together with other players for some help.
Vote for the Site!

/ \ so he can take over
shroudeye
Hero
Hero

Postby shroudeye » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:29 am

Game opening soon as the forums have been finalized.

Please go here if interested in playing: Destiny's Shadow - Modern Horror [OPEN]
Vote for the Site!

/ \ so he can take over
shroudeye
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Out-of-game Discussions