Shadows of the future

This is for all questions, discussions, issues and what not that is not directly related to a campaign. Technical issues are to be posted in here as well. Finally, any important Administrator announcements will be made here as well.

Moderators: DM Sirine, DM Guildmaster, PMiller

Postby DM Overlord » Thu May 21, 2009 3:22 am

I don't mind if you want to play a paladin, BUT you might be making life for you and your comrades more difficult than necessary. It's as Nothing said lawful stupid wont work, if you would be the type to attack something just because it is evil.... well ... I've never RP'ed a funeral.

Otherwise glad to have you, and a half celestial is OK.

Nothing- template looks good
DM Overlord

Postby DM Nothing » Thu May 21, 2009 3:25 am

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
DM Nothing
Spawner of Worlds
Spawner of Worlds

Postby DM Mysteria » Thu May 21, 2009 3:27 am

I certainly was not planning the awful stupid route, as I can image party members would probably give me a good pasting too. Before I commit in either direction DMO I am going to PM you asking about the game and an idea I am having.
"Egyptians lived in triangles. Tetrahedrons and sh*t!" - Judge Grady (GTA4)
DM Mysteria

Postby DM Nothing » Thu May 21, 2009 4:04 am

Well, I am on my way to creating my character. Since I recently had my 4th pendrive this year go missing (stolen this time, I believe) I dont have a copy of the book on me (I have a real copy of PHB2 at home, just not on my person) I will have to finish the sheet later.

Anyone curious what a Fey/Human/Mage Hybrids stats ect are check the bottom. I think I balanced it out fairly well...

http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/pro ... ?cid=25603

I am expecting that me and the Doppleganger will get along fairly well, both being fairly diplomatic and sneaky. Though I am curious, Mohr, did you create a modified Doppleganger for this game, since you normally need more levels than we have to become one, by memory. Just curious. :)
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
DM Nothing
Spawner of Worlds
Spawner of Worlds

Postby DM Overlord » Thu May 21, 2009 4:25 am

I have a friend joining also that gives us.

Mohr- Psion
Skeel-Warblade
Nothing-Beguiler
Mysteria-Paladin
Valin- Soulknife/warlock

I think that is about it.

One last call, the bar is closing
DM Overlord

joining...hopefully

Postby Adotumal » Thu May 21, 2009 10:44 pm

hey, so, i got a notification that you were lookin for one more player. i am interested just as long as you guys don't mind a newby to the pbp type of play. i would also need a tad bit of help startin out. =P (still kinda new to the D&D concept as a whole)

just throwin my name out there, i don't mind if you guys say no, but i would be thrilled if accepted.

oh, you might be wantin character info, i am in possesion of a (of course) lvl 1 human warrior, if that helps
Adotumal

Postby DM Nothing » Fri May 22, 2009 2:20 am

Welcome, Adotumal.

Just a note to the rest of you that noted our lack of healing, I have negociated a [s]neutering[/s] [s]nerfing[/s] modification in teh beguiler class that allows me to heal.

The only down side is its gonna cost me all forms of direct damage spell.

Still, the rest of the party seems to have that side of things covered, so Jiorge will just hang back and quietly buff and heal when the going gets tough. While Greater Invisible, of course. :)
DM Nothing
Spawner of Worlds
Spawner of Worlds

Postby Skeel » Fri May 22, 2009 2:54 am

DM Nothing wrote:
The only down side is its gonna cost me all forms of direct damage spell.

"Psssssst." Skeel motions Nothing over. Looks around to be sure they are alone. Says in a whisper to Nothing, "I've got this idea see.......You'r allowed to use spells that heal right????? Well lightning bolts heal ME! That means you can cast lightning bolts, right? Right?"
Skeel
Veteran
Veteran

Postby DM Nothing » Fri May 22, 2009 5:14 am

No! Thats just silly! I have Chain Lightning instead, much better at healing, you see. -nods-

I also have fireballs for healing any Frost Giants too, and Cone of Cold for Frost Giants. And all the Inflict spells in case we come across undead.

You dont mind, do you DM?
DM Nothing
Spawner of Worlds
Spawner of Worlds

Postby Jiorge » Fri May 22, 2009 7:39 am

-peeks his head in curiously, then steps in boldly, bowing-

Greetings. I will be your resident healer, I do believe. I do have one rather important matter to discuss with you all first, however...

Any rumors you may have heard about my sleeping with your daughter and wife have been vastly exaggurated. Mostly because there was very little sleeping involved...

Also, I recently discovered that I will be forced, by law, to take two shares of loot instead of the normal one. I would like you to all know that I do this out of obligation, not intention, and am as annoyed about it as you all are. If you wish to see proof of this law, you need only travel to where the law is held.

It is the law though, so do it we must...

Where is the law held? What, you expect me to know everything?! Find it yourself!

Lastly, I have here a note signed by the King and head of church forbidding me from being injured in combat, and ordering all of those in my vescinity to protect me at all costs, even at the cost of their own lives. For reasons of security however I will be unable to show you this document. We wouldnt want people to see the royal seal, after all, they might attempt to copy it and that way leads only to anarchy.

That will be all. I look forward to our future partnership with anticipation.
Hmm... Transvestives... Could she be annoyed at himself if he leaves the toilet seat up?
Jiorge's sheet.
Jiorge
Villager
Villager

Postby Nemamiah » Fri May 22, 2009 8:32 am

I will be complete shortly, should be done by tonight, I have a few minor adjustments to make. As soon as it is done I will put the sheet in my signature.
Nemamiah
Villager
Villager

Postby Jiorge » Fri May 22, 2009 8:56 am

Jiorge isnt quite done yet, soon though.

One question though: Are we buying things as 4th level character, or 8th? And is this game going to run as an ECL 8 dame, or 4? Cos we will overwealm 4th level stuff, from experiance, but will probably have trouble with 8th.
Hmm... Transvestives... Could she be annoyed at himself if he leaves the toilet seat up?
Jiorge's sheet.
Jiorge
Villager
Villager

Postby Nemamiah » Fri May 22, 2009 8:59 am

DM Overlord wrote:....the allowed 5400 gp to start at 4th level

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The angelic servant of the Arch-Paladin awaits her duty.

Yippie for angel wings :smt059
Nemamiah
Villager
Villager

Postby DM Overlord » Sat May 23, 2009 3:10 am

Adotumal- we would be glad to have you, if you have any questions about character creation pm me and I will be happy to help.

4th level purchasing power. As for ECL I could say let me worry about that, but I am afraid I will kill you. hehe

No seriously you will face stuff both that if you don't overwhelm them I should punish you for sucking, and things probably best to run away. It's up to you to decide the best course of action, and test the possibility of a non combative solution..... if you want.

Questions?
DM Overlord

Postby Mohr » Sun May 24, 2009 4:01 am

Nothing: Yes, Mohr is modified. Heroforge has all the Monsterous Humanoids broken down into levels. I simply took the 4 "extra allowed levels of stuff" as Monsterous Humanoid. So basically I got the Doppleganger abilities but only half the hit dice and natural armor and not all of the stat boosts. I figure he's young, but it did say we were recruited from early ages.
Mohr

PreviousNext

Return to Out-of-game Discussions