Thats right......I'm a n00b

This is for all questions, discussions, issues and what not that is not directly related to a campaign. Technical issues are to be posted in here as well. Finally, any important Administrator announcements will be made here as well.

Moderators: DM Sirine, DM Guildmaster, PMiller

Thats right......I'm a n00b

Postby Gundom Stormcloud » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:21 pm

Hello Ladies and Gents. I just registered to this site and I have spent the day reading stories. Let me first state that you all are excellent! Very discriptive! Even the players. I can not wait to immerse myselft into new worlds and adventures. I currently play (and DM) Dungeons and Dragons 3.5, perferably Forgottin Realms. I'm in the process of learning 4.0.

I am posting this as a greeting and to search for guidance. I saw a thread where characters have to be activated. Do I activate a Character I create? What's the first step I need to take?

Thanks and may all your dice land true.
Gundom Stormcloud

Postby Gundom Stormcloud » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

I can already see I need to make my avatar picture smaller :oops:
Gundom Stormcloud

Postby Drama » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:50 pm

Welcome aboard Gundom, if you like please read the Frequently Asked Questions at the top of the forum for all of the answers to your questions about playing in a game or running in a game. We are a small community that prides itself on great games. With a vast plethora of different games to game in. I will be the first to welcome you aboard and hope that your gaming needs are met.
Drama
Administrator
Administrator

Postby DM Seawolf » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:11 pm

Welcome! The first thing you need to do is locate a game that has openings and message the DM with your interest. Once you are accepted, you need to create your character under whatever guidelines the DM sets up. Then, pick an avatar and have your character created.
DM Seawolf

Postby Gundom Stormcloud » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:25 pm

I appreciate you help
Gundom Stormcloud

Postby DM Ulfric » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:54 pm

One more thing, if you see a game you really like, don't be afraid to PM the DM even if there are no apparent openings.

Sometimes the games openings list is not up to date or the DM might not be adverse to adding another player. They sometimes keep reserve lists also.

The worst that will happen is you will be told that there are no openings. 8)
DM Ulfric

Postby Gundom Stormcloud » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:14 am

Thanks for the Tip!!
Gundom Stormcloud

Postby DM Angel » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:30 am

Heh, sorry its a bit belated, but welcome to the site!

I'd concur with Ulfrics tip, make sure to pm the DM personally as we're all easy going enough, and even if its full, some of us might be persuaded with a good character idea or whatever.

What sections have interested you the most on the forum?
DM Angel

Postby Gundom Stormcloud » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:32 am

Mainly the D&D stuff. 3.5 and 4.0. But I would be up to a Star Wars game if the DM was up to teaching me. But as a beginner with the play-by-post format, I feel it's best to stick with what I know for now.
Gundom Stormcloud

Postby DM Sirine » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:28 am

Welcome! Great to see someone new here. Let us know if you have any questions. I hope you find a place in one of the games you liked right away.

Additionally, a couple of people have mentioned to me that they are thinking of starting up new games. If that is more to your taste, hopefully there will be something new starting soon.
DM Sirine
Administrator
Administrator

Postby DM Seawolf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:34 am

I have openings in my Shadowrun game that is starting up if you want to try something different...
DM Seawolf

Return to Out-of-game Discussions