Any Interest....

This is for all questions, discussions, issues and what not that is not directly related to a campaign. Technical issues are to be posted in here as well. Finally, any important Administrator announcements will be made here as well.

Moderators: DM Sirine, DM Guildmaster, PMiller

Any Interest....

Postby Gavvin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:27 am

So, I was wondering if there would be any interest in a GURPS fantasy campaign? I would be using the 3.0 GURPS rules and can help anyone who is not familiar with them. The campaign would be politically based around the internal struggles of a paticular kingdom. It would be a low mana area so spellcasters would be a bit hampered. It would not be a dungeon delving game at all, but there will be fighting.

GURPS chars will be made on 100 pts with 40 pts for disadvantages and 5 pts for quirks. I am open to using material from most GURPS sources that are appropriate for a fantasy game. I have quite a stack of GURPS material, so I have rules for almost anything. If you need access to a GURPS rulebook, PM me. Tech level for the campaign will be 3 with some (other) parts of the world bordering on 4.

Alternatively, I could run a Shadowrun game (3.0 as well). If there is more interest for Shadowrun, I will work out the particulars based on how experienced the players are with the system and the setting.
Gavvin
Villager
Villager

Postby Brett Bertram » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:29 pm

In all the years I've played these games I have never played GURPS.. I hear good and bad about it... but Shadowrun... ahh that brings back memories..
Brett Bertram
Callsign: Hammer

Postby Drama » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:36 pm

I have a working knowledge of 4th Edition Shadowrun. I'd be interested in Shadowrun.
Dreadnought Relic
Drama
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Aragarn » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:19 am

Why not make a Shadowrun campaign so I can a fire mah lazirs.
while swinging a broadsword at a guy, at the same time!
If you thought I spared you... you don't
have much time left. Tralkief
Aragarn
Villager
Villager

Postby DM Seawolf » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:44 pm

OK. I am going ahead with the Shadowrun game. I prefer to use the 3.0 rules if that is OK with everyone. If not, I will attempt the 4.0 rules, but I will be learning them as we go along. From what I have seen of them, I am not sure I like them.
DM Seawolf

Postby Drama » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:53 am

Where can one find a 3.0 ruleset for SR?
Dreadnought Relic
Drama
Administrator
Administrator

Postby DM Seawolf » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:43 am

For those who are not familiar with the world of Shadowrun, check out the Wiki entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun

I will be posting an advertisement for the game sometime this week.

If you do not have access to a copy of the Shadowrun 3.0 rules, you can still play. Just give me a PM and I will help you out.
DM Seawolf

Postby Brett Bertram » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:24 pm

I'll have to look around and see where I put my books.. I think I have the 3rd ed... I have an idea for a minotaur merc type. street sam... just wondering if you want to use the companion and some of the other supplements for character gen.. I likes me some cybered up minotaur troll type.. lol...
Brett Bertram
Callsign: Hammer

Postby DM Seawolf » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:53 pm

I have no problem using supplements. I think I own everything from 1st and 2nd editions and most of third. If I have any issues with your character, I'll let you know.
DM Seawolf

Postby marve » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:58 am

Hey i'm intrested in a Shadowrun campaign, although i prefer fantasy over sci-fi i always enjoyed the Shadowrun setting since i played that old snes game :)

Just note that I am new to PnP RPGs and i don't have any Shadowrun source material so i will probably need more help than most.
marve

Postby DM Seawolf » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:29 am

Welcome aboard Marve!

I will send you a PM once I get the official recruitment post up and running (tonight or tomorrow).
DM Seawolf

Postby MomOfTwins » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:40 am

Looking forward to playing the group's Decker... maybe Otaku?
MomOfTwins

Return to Out-of-game Discussions