Just wondering...

This is for all questions, discussions, issues and what not that is not directly related to a campaign. Technical issues are to be posted in here as well. Finally, any important Administrator announcements will be made here as well.

Moderators: DM Sirine, DM Guildmaster, PMiller

Just wondering...

Postby DM Darkness » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:07 am

I'm just checking out if anyone has any interest in playing a Classic Marvel Superhero game?
“Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave ... She faces a sky blood-red with sunset colours that deepen into darkness, and prophesies dawn."
DM Darkness

Postby Ghost » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:16 am

I would want to play.
Ghost
The Friendliest

Postby Drama » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:24 am

Hmmm. Are you using the Heros Rule System or do you have another idea in mind? To be honest I'm not familiar with the Hero system just know they have a ruleset for superheroes.
Dreadnought Relic
Drama
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tabar » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:29 am

The HERO system is a fantastic set of rules but there is the White Wolf system called Aberrent as well.. depending on the setting and rules I might be interested.. I have around here somewhere a disc with a program that lets you generate a HERO character... I'd have to find it..
Shadis Tabar... just a man looking for his fortune...
can't blame a man for tryin...
Tabar
Hero
Hero

Postby DM Darkness » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:48 am

No, I'm talking about using the original Marvel rules, with some tweaking of course. It's an old system but pretty easy to pick up. You can find more information here...

http://www.marvelrpg.net/

Core books are at the bottom of the page.
“Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave ... She faces a sky blood-red with sunset colours that deepen into darkness, and prophesies dawn."
DM Darkness

Postby Brett Bertram » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:03 am

Tabar here

haven't played those rules in ages.. lol.. that could be fun...
Brett Bertram
Callsign: Hammer

Postby Daemon » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:35 am

It depends on what you would want to do with the world. I am usually pretty up to speed on my comics, but lately I have been following DC more then Marvel. The last thing I remember was that the space aliens, Krull was it, were in disguise as heroes and trying to take over the world.

I would wand to do it, but I don't want to play in a world that is cannon when we play in it. Basically, Cannon up until when we start, and then free form there on in. Also, are we making our own heroes or playing marvel verse heroes? I would personally vastly prefer making our own.
"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?" Han Solo
Daemon

Postby DM Darkness » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:43 am

You would be making your own heroes. As far as story goes, I would have my own adventures. You would meet up with other canon heroes but they wouldn't be part of your group. They'd be kind of like guest appearances. I'm not really up to date with Marvel either. I stopped reading comics in I think the late 90's. So anything past then would be free form. I do know about the skrull war but haven't read very little about it.
DM Darkness

Postby DM Darkness » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:47 pm

It's been 3 days so judging by the few replies, I'll assume there aren't enough people interested here to get a game going.
DM Darkness

Return to Out-of-game Discussions