RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Among the mysteries that surround the Fog Peak Mountains, perhaps the most fantastic is the legend of the Jarl of the North Wind. Supposedly, somewhere in these remote peaks, this supernatural sovereign dwells in a fabulous ice palace surrounded by a golden fortune rich enough to tempt even the most accomplished rogue. Whimsical and vindictive, he jealously guards his castle’s secret location and throws intruders into the icy maze beneath his treasury, dooming them to wander through the twisting passageways until they inevitably freeze to death.
Of course, most sensible people consider these tales to be little more than myth. After all, no form of magical divination has ever succeeded in finding this Jarl or his supposed palace.
But the stories persist, and through the years a surprising number of people have set off into the mountains to look for the fabled fortune; most of these were never heard from again. Most sages agree that although the Jarl and his fortune probably don’t exist, there is something in the mountains that makes them dangerous to explore. The stories remain popular, though, and every once in a while a traveler emerges from the wilderness claiming to have seen the Jarl, his famous treasure, and his infamous maze of ice.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:16 am

Syndus called her little companion to him and grumbled, "Four days into this chase, we only started to push the pace yesterday. And now we could have had horses all along? We'd be lucky to catch the thief at this point."
He mounted up and was going to bring up the rear as usual.


Mini Stats | Show
Syndus
Male Tiefling Magus (Hexcrafter)
Level 4, Init 5, HP 30/30, DR -, Speed 30'
AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15 CMD 18
Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 4
CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
- MW Comp Longbow +1 +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- MW Scimitar +1 +8 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 9, Cha 6
Conditions none
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12659
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:30 am

5th day after theft, morning - The BoarwoodThe mounted group made their way into the valley, among the bushes and scree. As they looked upwards at the base of the hill where the track started to ascend once more in a series of switchbacks there was a rumbling from up above. A pebble tumbled across the road in front of the lead horse... was there more coming? Even the summoned mounts were skittish and about ready to bolt.
OOC | Show
Perception Checks at least
Ride Checks will be needed to control mounts
Reflex Saves will be needed too in this round or the next


Combat Information | Show
Ootah:
HP: 42/42

Charr:
HP: 25/25

Tibbs:
HP: 26/26

Garcon:
HP: 18/18

Ky'rie:
HP: 29/29

Syndus:
HP: 30/30

Fang:
HP: 15/15
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12659
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:03 pm

Still stewing over Syndus's sharp criticism left Ky'rie ill-prepared to deal with upcoming surprise. Hypnotized by the repetitious nature of another set of switchbacks, the elf fails miserably to control his mount as the steed violently tries to shake his rider free....

Ky'rie waits for the source of danger to present itself, taking mental precaution to defend himself if necessary.

Mechanics | Show
Perception 17
Ride 7
Reflex 11

Readied Action: Telekinetic Fist if the enemy is within 30 feet, or total defense if he is not.
Ranged Touch, Damage (20,5)

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:
Hands: Light Crossbow

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Perception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14
CMD: 16 FCMD: 12
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 5/7 remaining (+6 ranged touch, 1d4+2 damage)

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 1/5 remaining
Liberating Command*
Mount (used)
Mount (used)
Mount (used)
Mount (used)

Level 2: 2/4 remaining
Aggressive Thundercloud*
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Glitterdust

Appearance | Show
Ky'rie is certainly a dashing young elf. Taller and skinnier than most, Ky'rie carries himself with a confident air. He wears a simple green overcloak, preferring to walk with a staff. His flowing locks of silver hair frame the pale skin of his face. Like most elves, his facial features have an elegant cut to them. His eyes are hazel, but upon closer inspection contain a multitude of complicated hues.
Last edited by FrancisJohn on Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Barnegat, NJ

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:35 pm

As they sped along towards the switchbacks, Ootah stopped worrying about her riding skills and focused on trying to keep sight of the Red Raven's tracks. She ignored the occasional pebble bouncing down from higher up the hill: these places were alive and even the stones themselves moved, if you gave them enough time. She knew about scree slopes and avalanches, but she also knew that their mounts' turn of speed would more than likely get them out of those kinds of situations; besides, it hadn't rained for a while now, making sudden landslips unlikely. The main thing was to not lose the track on the rough ground. Slowing down her horse, she spoke up: "Soon we gotta check again if we're still followin' his trail. Wanna do it at the bottom of this here hill, or at the top?"


Requested rolls | Show
Rolls: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14451072
Perception check: 9
Ride check: 6
Reflex Save: 4


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'
Temporary conditions:

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
Last edited by Sandstar on Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:31 pm

Tibbs holds onto Garçon's tiny reins as the group of horses maneuver in front of him. For the first time, the rat mage is grateful for being lower to the ground than anyone else. Weary that the party might be riding into an ambush, Tibbs swivels his head around in search of the possible cause of the debris.

Having taken a significant beating in his last encounter with peril, Tibbs thought it might be prudent to take precautions this time around. He whips out a pre-marked scroll from the scroll case on his belt and reads the spell within.

Actions | Show
Move Action: draw scroll from case
Standard Action: read scroll of Mage Armor (+4ac for 5 hours)

Requested Rolls | Show
Perception over 30' = 18
Perception under 30' = 26
Ride = 10
Reflex Save = 20
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=14451072#post14451072
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14(temp 18) Flat: 11(temp 15) Touch: 14(temp 18)
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] Rod of Toppling

Pearls of Power: 2 / 2 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 4/4 remaining (* =cast)
Magic Missile x2
Burning Hands
Alarm

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Mirror Image
Invisibility
Last edited by Seftan on Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Aura » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:41 pm

With things seeming to improve due to the addition of use of mounts, Char kept a sharp eye out, as if expecting something to happen. Taking in a sharp breath as the pebble inexplicably rolled down the hill, she immediately searched for signs of danger, even as her summoned beast became increasingly uneasy with the situation. "Not right, not right," she exclaimed as she struggled with her horse.


Mechanics | Show
Roll source: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14478709
Summary of rolls:
Perception 21
Ride 12
Reflex save 22
Not bad. :)


Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
Healing Hex uses for day: n/a
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:41 am

Syndus grumbled, "This doesn't sound good, almost like a giant's or dragon's rumbling belly."

Looking up the steep hillside was not much better for his confidence either.


Mini Stats | Show
Syndus
Male Tiefling Magus (Hexcrafter)
Level 4, Init 5, HP 30/30, DR -, Speed 30'
AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15 CMD 18
Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 4
CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
- MW Comp Longbow +1 +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- MW Scimitar +1 +8 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 9, Cha 6
Conditions none
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12659
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:13 am

5th day after theft, morning - The BoarwoodAs the rumbling grew worse and turned into the scree hillside falling down on the group, everyone's mounts spooked and attempted to bolt in every direction. No one could keep them still... probably a good thing as they had more sense than to stand there when boulder were tumbling down.

No one saw signs of anyone up there, and then they had other things to worry about.

Rocks and boulders started sliding and tumbling down the hill right where the group has been climbing the hillside. The mounts has bolted and took themselves and their riders out of the worse of it where they could have been crushed, but not everyone was able to escape. Ootah, Tibbs and Garcon, and Ky'rie were fortunate in that they took the fastest course to get out of danger and narrowly escaped. Syndus and Char were not so lucky as their horses picked the wrong direction. Char was able to lead clear from her mount to escape getting partially buried in rubble, but Syndus was still in the saddle when he and his horse were covered in rocks. Syndus was bruisedbut only his legs were trapped. His horse though was barely alive and conscious. There was a week squawk from the little reptilian in Syndus's gear from his familiar being battered badly as well.

OOC | Show
Everyone's failed Ride checks actually helped to keep from being buried.

Combat Information | Show
Char's Horse (9 dmg) is buried in rocks
Syndus (5 dmg) & Horse (14 dmg) are buried in rocks. Fang was nearly crushed (13 dmg)

Ootah:
HP: 42/42

Charr:
HP: 25/25

Tibbs:
HP: 26/26

Garcon:
HP: 18/18

Ky'rie:
HP: 29/29

Syndus:
HP: 25/30

Fang:
HP: 2/15
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12659
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:51 pm

As the rockslide subsided, an eerie silence settled over the landscape. Ootah looked around in a daze, shocked at how suddenly half the hill seemed to have slid down on top of them. Then she did a brief count of her friends and horses. "Oh no... nononononono!" she shouted as she realized that not everyone appeared to have made it out of the rockslide's path of devastation.

She leapt off her mount and scrambled over to where Syndus and the horses lay buried. Heedless of the risk of further rocks falling, she started angrily invoking magic, so that she might be strong enough to move some of the big rocks out of the way.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: Dismount, move over to Syndus.
Standard action: Cast Bull's Strength (Str 16(+3) -> 20 (+5) -> add +2 to melee attach & damage rolls)

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'
Temporary conditions:

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Aura » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 am

There is a bit of a yip, or even an abbreviated scream, as the rocks hit, swamping Char's horse and bumping against her legs as she does her best to steer the beast out of the danger. When it stops, the young midwife surveys her situation and starts with the most immediate, casting a magic to heal her horse from the rigors of the rockfall. Sliding off the saddle, Char begins the difficult walk towards Syndus, who looks to have gotten it worse than she. "Syndus! Syndus!" she calls out as she draws closer.


Mechanics | Show
Heal horse with witch hex and move towards Syndus. Roll source: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14488072 (10 healing)


Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
Healing Hex uses for day: Char's horse n/a
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:06 am

Ky'rie gasps as he turns back to the group and sees that Syndus bore the worst of the tumbling rockfall. He rushes to his friend, and casts a quick incantation to help free his friend from the rubble. Despite his weak elven frame, he does his best to assist. "Here, let me see how I can help..."

Mechanics | Show
Move: to Syndus
Immediate: Liberating Command (+8 for Syndus to Escape Artist)
Standard: Aid Another 20 (gives +2, for +10 total)

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:
Hands: Light Crossbow

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Perception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14
CMD: 16 FCMD: 12
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 5/7 remaining (+6 ranged touch, 1d4+2 damage)

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 1/5 remaining
Liberating Command* (Used)
Mount (used)
Mount (used)
Mount (used)
Mount (used)

Level 2: 2/4 remaining
Aggressive Thundercloud*
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Glitterdust

Appearance | Show
Ky'rie is certainly a dashing young elf. Taller and skinnier than most, Ky'rie carries himself with a confident air. He wears a simple green overcloak, preferring to walk with a staff. His flowing locks of silver hair frame the pale skin of his face. Like most elves, his facial features have an elegant cut to them. His eyes are hazel, but upon closer inspection contain a multitude of complicated hues.
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Barnegat, NJ

Previous

Return to Red Raven [PF]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron