RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Among the mysteries that surround the Fog Peak Mountains, perhaps the most fantastic is the legend of the Jarl of the North Wind. Supposedly, somewhere in these remote peaks, this supernatural sovereign dwells in a fabulous ice palace surrounded by a golden fortune rich enough to tempt even the most accomplished rogue. Whimsical and vindictive, he jealously guards his castle’s secret location and throws intruders into the icy maze beneath his treasury, dooming them to wander through the twisting passageways until they inevitably freeze to death.
Of course, most sensible people consider these tales to be little more than myth. After all, no form of magical divination has ever succeeded in finding this Jarl or his supposed palace.
But the stories persist, and through the years a surprising number of people have set off into the mountains to look for the fabled fortune; most of these were never heard from again. Most sages agree that although the Jarl and his fortune probably don’t exist, there is something in the mountains that makes them dangerous to explore. The stories remain popular, though, and every once in a while a traveler emerges from the wilderness claiming to have seen the Jarl, his famous treasure, and his infamous maze of ice.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:22 am

After Dawn - The BoarwoodWith the night's commotion interrupting the magic users' rest cycle, the mid-watch needed to be extended another hour to ensure they had enough rest. So it was later into the morning when the last of the watches was over and everyone could begin their morning routines. There were no interruptions during those last watches and the forest let the campers alone as they finished breaking camp and breaking their fasts.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12659
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:45 am

With last watch wrapping up, Ky'rie prepares his matierals for morning study before waking the others. He passes on breakfast initially, finding that a full stomach actually weighs down his thoughts. After the others are jostled awake, he sets down to his wizard business. He let's Benedict roam around freely to find a good bug or two to eat.

Once he has his spells prepared for the day, he munches on a few dried crackers from his stores. "Any ideas on how to best resume the hunt?"

Actions | Show

OOC | Show
What's the weather for the day?

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Peception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14 CMD:
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Magic Missile
Color Spray

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Spider Climb
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Glitterdust
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Barnegat, NJ

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:33 pm

Ootah yawned and stretched theatrically as she was awoken from her sleep. She was satisfied to discover that they had not been disturbed by anything else during the night. She dug out some dark bread from her pack and started to munch on it to help wake her up.

"Lemme get my magic sorted, then let's see 'bout those tracks", she said, "an' also let's check out if there's any tracks off that other way, where we waz hearing those weird noises last night."

With that, she wandered off silently into the forest, seeking a quiet place to meditate and renew her spells for looked like a second day of tracking the mysterious Red Raven.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Aura » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:58 am

Rubbing the sleep out of her large, elven eyes, Char pipes up, "Just say when, Ootah. Still trying to get myself ready." With that, the young witch continues fiddling with this and that before sitting down and clearing her mind for some meditation. After a while, she is done, and begins to help break camp.


action | Show
Cancel Dancing Lights

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:20 pm

Upon waking, Tibbs feeds Garçon his morning ration and eats a bit himself. He brews a strong tea over the small campfire and reviews the Alarm spell he cast the night before. After his tea, and several long pulls on his pipe, Tibbs makes himself available in assisting Ootah with reestablishing the trail.


Actions | Show
Free:Assist Ootah with Tracking skill
*food marked off for Tibbs and Garçon
Standard:Memorize Alarm
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] Rod of Toppling

Pearls of Power: 4 / 4 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 3/4 remaining (* =cast)
Magic Missile
Burning Hands
Alarm *
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Herzog » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:31 am

Syndus rolled out of his bedroll a bit groggy. The interruption in the meeting of the night had definitely disrupted his sleep schedule. But luckily, he wasn't the only one as the entire party was a bit slow moving this morning. Hopefully, they could still make good time following the tracks. The magus was tip lipped as his mind continued to wake up. He packed his bedroll and made ready to begin today's journey.

More awake now, Syndus broke off chew on some breakfast rations.

Answering Ky'rie's question with a shrug, "I would guess we pick up the tracks we were following yesterday...Of course after a quick investigation of last nights disturbance. Any, I don't think a couple of hours or two will make a difference on the thief's tracks. Though he would two hours closer to his destination...if he stopped for the night."

The tiefling broke off a piece of hard ration and gave it the waiting Fang. The small dinosaur chomped it down before scampering off to find something better than trail rations.

"Anyway, I'm ready to get going once Ootah has finished."



Mini Stats | Show
Syndus
Male Tiefling Magus (Hexcrafter)
Level 4, Init 5, HP 30/30, DR -, Speed 30'
AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15 CMD 18
Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 4
CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
- MW Comp Longbow +1 +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- MW Scimitar +1 +8 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 9, Cha 6
Conditions None
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3249
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:11 am

Ky'rie responds to Syndus. "Well that sounds as good a plan as any. Check out our friend of the night, then pick up the trail." The elf squints his eyes in the sun and frowns. In a playful mocking tone he adds, "As soon as Ootah is ready, of course."

Benedict scampers back into his satchel, satisfied from his morning hunt. Ky'rie finishes packing up his belongings and is ready to go for the day.

Actions | Show

OOC | Show
Asked about the weather, because Ky'rie gets dazzled in daylight.

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Peception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14 CMD:
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Magic Missile
Color Spray

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Spider Climb
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Glitterdust
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Barnegat, NJ

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:56 am

Having completed her communing with nature, Ootah eventually came strolling back out of the undergrowth. "Right, we ready to go again?", she enquired. "Let's see if we can find them tracks again. But let's also see if we can find what made that racket last night in those bushes over there."

Assisted by Char and Tibbs, she set out to first confirm that the Red Raven's trail was still identifiable, and then moved over to where the strange noises had been coming from during the night to confirm that it had indeed 'only' been a badger visiting them.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Spend time relocating the Red Raven trail (marked the previous evening), and look for any other trails in the immediate vicinity of camp (https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=13877475#post13877475)

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:35 pm

Morning - The BoarwoodThe Red Raven’s trail from the night before was still there and easily able to be followed when the group was going to resume the chase.

Finding the source of the camp’s visitor in the undergrowth was not terrible hard either. A few small fresh paw prints were discerned in the boggy ground in that area and in the direct it fled. It came roughly from the direction of the howling in the distance the night before, but departed in approximately the same direction the group was going to travel in following the Red Raven’s tracks.

There were other sides of small fauna movement in the forest, many were more than a few hours old though.

As to the source of the howling and screeching heard during the night, that would require significant time to locate since the source could have been at least several hundred feet or more away.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12659
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:18 am

Once the group completes a cursory check over the possible tracks they've found, Ky'rie begins packing up his gear. "Alright guys.... seems pretty clear which way to go. Our night friend and the Red Raven, might be travelling companions it appears." He smiles at his own clever joke, but leaves it at that. He is quite used to the deafening silence that usually follows. Even by elven standards, Ky'rie's jokes are iconically not funny.

Actions | Show
pack up and go go go!

OOC | Show
What's the weather for the day?

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Peception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14 CMD:
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Magic Missile
Color Spray

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Spider Climb
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Glitterdust
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Barnegat, NJ

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Following their inspection of the tracks immediately around the campsite, Ootah was similarly keen to get going again. She waited until it was clear that everyone was ready, and then started tracking their quarry again, assisted by Char and Tibbs.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Continue to follow the trail left by the presumed Red Raven

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Aura » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:50 pm

Morning meditations finished and Ootah ready to go, Char finishes gathering the last of her things and stowing them into her bag. Even with the odd statement from Kyrie, she seemed a bit impassive, merely adding, "Wanting to know what happened." The witch looks around as if one last survey of the area would somehow bring her the answer, sighs, then pads her way over to Ootah to help with the following of the tracks.


action | Show
Cancel Dancing Lights

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:24 pm

Late Morning - The BoarwoodBreaking camp and resuming the pursuit, the forest continued to have boggy, soft ground that made tracking the Red Raven more routine than a true challenge. After half an hour, Ootah realized she had not seen any signs of the tiny paw prints for several minutes.

Getting close to lunch time, weather was still partly cloudy, with sunbeams peeking through the branches above with the evergreen canopy was thickest. After trekking for 3 hours, the group followed the tracks into the remains of a campsite. There was no one at the site nor any signs of current occupation.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12659
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Herzog » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:56 am

The morning chase had been a rather quiet and somewhat pleasant one, at least that is how Syndus felt. Though on the flip side, their quarry was still further ahead and the group never did find out what caused the disturbance in the middle of the night.

When the group walked in the to abandon campsite around lunch time, the tiefling felt they were making progress. It meant the Red Raven was mortal and hand to stop.

"Well, this is promising...The thief didnt run through the night. Shall we have a quick look around?"

The magus began casting look around, see if anything odd was left behind. He didnt have the skill for it, but perhaps another set of eyes would find something.


spoiler: show
Perception check to search the campsite for anything useful: (16) - https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st13899799


Mini Stats | Show
Syndus
Male Tiefling Magus (Hexcrafter)
Level 4, Init 5, HP 30/30, DR -, Speed 30'
AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15 CMD 18
Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 4
CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
- MW Comp Longbow +1 +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- MW Scimitar +1 +8 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 9, Cha 6
Conditions None
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3249
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Ky’rie travels along well enough and keeps in tow with the others. It has become second nature to avoid the sunlight that pierces the forest floor, as the bright light is a bit uncomfortable on his elven eyes.

Upon reaching the campsite, Ky’rie helps poke around as well. He also uses his arcane sight to help detect the presence of any lingering magical auras.

Actions | Show
perception: 12
Detect magic: 18

OOC | Show

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Peception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14 CMD:
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Magic Missile
Color Spray

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Spider Climb
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Glitterdust
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Barnegat, NJ

PreviousNext

Return to Red Raven [PF]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron