Red Raven [OOC]

Among the mysteries that surround the Fog Peak Mountains, perhaps the most fantastic is the legend of the Jarl of the North Wind. Supposedly, somewhere in these remote peaks, this supernatural sovereign dwells in a fabulous ice palace surrounded by a golden fortune rich enough to tempt even the most accomplished rogue. Whimsical and vindictive, he jealously guards his castle’s secret location and throws intruders into the icy maze beneath his treasury, dooming them to wander through the twisting passageways until they inevitably freeze to death.
Of course, most sensible people consider these tales to be little more than myth. After all, no form of magical divination has ever succeeded in finding this Jarl or his supposed palace.
But the stories persist, and through the years a surprising number of people have set off into the mountains to look for the fabled fortune; most of these were never heard from again. Most sages agree that although the Jarl and his fortune probably don’t exist, there is something in the mountains that makes them dangerous to explore. The stories remain popular, though, and every once in a while a traveler emerges from the wilderness claiming to have seen the Jarl, his famous treasure, and his infamous maze of ice.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Red Raven [OOC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:10 pm

Btw, I have begun to copy the IC thread over to MythWeavers. It might take me a bit of time to get all 23 pages.  I don’t see a reason to port over the entire OOC thread.

There is a good possibility we shall have to move the game over there with URPGs server lease not being renewed.  Without only 1 active game on the city now, it is hard to justify the costs.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aura » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:42 pm

I understand that sentiment. I didn't know it was down to one active game. I have kept looking back at the Window Sci-Fi / Star Frontiers game, though.
Aura
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:16 pm

Yeah, looks like Herzog and Sirine are too busy. I have not heard of them being about to come back.
LM is pretty much done now that he entered High School. Between academics and baseball, he has no free time and I don't see him returning to PbP. So that killed pretty much every other game that I was running since they were in all of them except this one.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby FrancisJohn » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:27 am

Is it worth biting the bullet and just moving over now? If it's not renewed, is all the data going to disappear or could we still go back and reference it?

I'm not sure if it's worth your time to copy every post.
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby PMiller » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:33 pm

I am working on copy all the posts over the next few weeks. Once I finish we can officially move the game and all can resume posting there. I meant to make progress this weekend, but got busy with other things.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:14 pm

Copying completed.

I did not copy over the Character Thread, leaving each player to do their own so they can edit themselves.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Seftan » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:49 pm

Wow, end of an era huh? This site, and you specifically Pmiller, introduced me to PbP all those years ago. I had a second kid since then, went back to school, started a new career... so much change. Thanks for maintaining this awesome site for so long and for being the #1 DM on the internet. Cheers!
Seftan
Hero
Hero

Postby Seftan » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:53 pm

Also, a tip of the glass for sirfinn, our fallen comrade.

Prost!
Seftan
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:42 pm

Yeah, I got my start here too. Nearly a decade ago.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Previous

Return to Red Raven [PF]