RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Among the mysteries that surround the Fog Peak Mountains, perhaps the most fantastic is the legend of the Jarl of the North Wind. Supposedly, somewhere in these remote peaks, this supernatural sovereign dwells in a fabulous ice palace surrounded by a golden fortune rich enough to tempt even the most accomplished rogue. Whimsical and vindictive, he jealously guards his castle’s secret location and throws intruders into the icy maze beneath his treasury, dooming them to wander through the twisting passageways until they inevitably freeze to death.
Of course, most sensible people consider these tales to be little more than myth. After all, no form of magical divination has ever succeeded in finding this Jarl or his supposed palace.
But the stories persist, and through the years a surprising number of people have set off into the mountains to look for the fabled fortune; most of these were never heard from again. Most sages agree that although the Jarl and his fortune probably don’t exist, there is something in the mountains that makes them dangerous to explore. The stories remain popular, though, and every once in a while a traveler emerges from the wilderness claiming to have seen the Jarl, his famous treasure, and his infamous maze of ice.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Aura » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:46 am

Seeing the signs, Char does not seem very happy. "We force march, or lose him," she observes. On several occasions, the witch could been seen obviously scanning her environment, as if someone were close. If anything has served to put the her on edge, this series of events has done it as much as any adventure the group had previously shared. "Maybe, this is game, to him? Leading us." Char finally muses, as a means of explanation.


Action | Show
Assist Ootah tracking, successful for +2, if needed:
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14320396


Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
Healing Hex uses for day: none
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:53 am

In a focused silence, Ky'rie removes his backpack, adjusts his straps a wee bit tighter, and puts it back on. He indicates he is ready to go.

Mechanics | Show

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:
Hands: Light Crossbow

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Perception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14
CMD: 16 FCMD: 12
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 5/7 remaining (+6 ranged touch, 1d4+2 damage)

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 3/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Magic Missile
Color Spray

Level 2: 2/4 remaining
Spider Climb
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Glitterdust

Appearance | Show
Ky'rie is certainly a dashing young elf. Taller and skinnier than most, Ky'rie carries himself with a confident air. He wears a simple green overcloak, preferring to walk with a staff. His flowing locks of silver hair frame the pale skin of his face. Like most elves, his facial features have an elegant cut to them. His eyes are hazel, but upon closer inspection contain a multitude of complicated hues.
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Barnegat, NJ

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:01 pm

4th day after theft, evening - The BoarwoodThe group pressed onwards, still following the Red Raven's tracks. After a brief stop for the evening meal about 8 hours of walking after breaking camp that morning, the group resumed as the light started becoming dimmer. Everyone had enhanced vision at night anyway, the reduction in illumination was not going to hamper their pursuit.

Another hour of walking and things started to become tiring as they tried to gain ground on the Red Raven. Would one extra hour be enough?


Force March Rules | Show
See CRB pg 171
Need Constitution checks per hour of Force March beyond the 8 hours. DC10+2 per hour extra
Fail takes 1d6 non-lethal damage and becomes Fatigued
Combat Information | Show
Tracking DC+10 now

Ootah:
HP: 42/42

Charr:
HP: 25/25

Tibbs:
HP: 26/26

Garcon:
HP: 18/18

Ky'rie:
HP: 29/29

Syndus:
HP: 30/30

Fang:
HP: 15/15
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12641
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:42 am

Tired, yet determined to go on, Tibbs trudges along after his companions. He was eager to catch up with this Red Raven fellow and give him a piece of his mind... and magic. Although the rat's body was broken and frail, his heart was strong and it was that which allowed him to push onward.


Actions | Show
Free:
Move: CON check = 16
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 85&page=61
Standard:
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 10/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] Rod of Toppling

Pearls of Power: 2 / 2 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 0/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 4/4 remaining (* =cast)
Magic Missile
Burning Hands
Alarm
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:55 am

About an hour after their meal, Ootah was completely focused on following the tracks when she suddenly stumbled over a loose rock that she was trying to clamber over. As she tried to regain her balance, she slipped and ignonimously tumbled ten feet down the slope, straight into a patch of scraggly thornbushes, followed by a small avalanche of rocks and pebbles that had gotten dislodged by her fall and rained down on top of her.

Cursing loudly, it took her several tries to extricate herself from the bushes. Once she stood up, she suddenly realised she was covered in scrapes, bruised and shaking with fatigue. "That bloody HURT!", she complained loudly, embarrased by her predicament. "If we're gonna carry on like this, we'll need to start using magic to keep our strength up."


OOC | Show
If I understand the rules correctly, the nonlethal damage and resulting fatigue will go away once 5 hp worth of healing is administered - which she is happy to do herself, if everyone else is OK and ready to press on after the 1st hour. However, over the longer term I guess we need to make sure we have enough resources if we press on and others also need to be healed?


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Fails Con save after 1 hour (Con roll [DC 10]: 4 [https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=14327940#post14327940]; nonlethal damage: 5 hp: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... t14327948&#41;

HP: 42/42 [5 nonlethal damage]
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'
Temporary conditions: Fatigued (can neither run nor charge and takes a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity; 5 nonlethal hp)

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:54 am

Ky'rie adds on, "I travel lightly, I could keep going, if you guys can. How are you Ootah?"

Well, this isn't going as smoothly as planned, is it.... I wish I knew a spell that could speed us all up.... I'll have to get to work on this sometime soon.

Mechanics | Show
Forced March check: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=14330828#post14330828

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:
Hands: Light Crossbow

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Perception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14
CMD: 16 FCMD: 12
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 5/7 remaining (+6 ranged touch, 1d4+2 damage)

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 3/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Magic Missile
Color Spray

Level 2: 2/4 remaining
Spider Climb
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Glitterdust

Appearance | Show
Ky'rie is certainly a dashing young elf. Taller and skinnier than most, Ky'rie carries himself with a confident air. He wears a simple green overcloak, preferring to walk with a staff. His flowing locks of silver hair frame the pale skin of his face. Like most elves, his facial features have an elegant cut to them. His eyes are hazel, but upon closer inspection contain a multitude of complicated hues.
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Barnegat, NJ

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Aura » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:39 pm

With little spring to her step, Char comes to Ootah's side. Previous mentions that Ootah is well versed in healing magics and techniques as well has yet to stem Char's drive to make sure she is alright. With but a glance and a hand wave, Char eases the pain and injuries of Ootah's mishap, the odd magic effective, if not a little alien compared to traditional spells. "Better? Still hurt?" the witch asks, poking her compatriot as if to check her condition.


Action | Show
I can support each person by using Healing Hex, which will do a minimum of 5 points (1d8+4) of healing, if that is the solution to overcoming the fatigue. It's usable once per person per day.


Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
Healing Hex uses for day: Ootah, perhaps everyone, depending on ruling
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Previous

Return to Red Raven [PF]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron