RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Among the mysteries that surround the Fog Peak Mountains, perhaps the most fantastic is the legend of the Jarl of the North Wind. Supposedly, somewhere in these remote peaks, this supernatural sovereign dwells in a fabulous ice palace surrounded by a golden fortune rich enough to tempt even the most accomplished rogue. Whimsical and vindictive, he jealously guards his castle’s secret location and throws intruders into the icy maze beneath his treasury, dooming them to wander through the twisting passageways until they inevitably freeze to death.
Of course, most sensible people consider these tales to be little more than myth. After all, no form of magical divination has ever succeeded in finding this Jarl or his supposed palace.
But the stories persist, and through the years a surprising number of people have set off into the mountains to look for the fabled fortune; most of these were never heard from again. Most sages agree that although the Jarl and his fortune probably don’t exist, there is something in the mountains that makes them dangerous to explore. The stories remain popular, though, and every once in a while a traveler emerges from the wilderness claiming to have seen the Jarl, his famous treasure, and his infamous maze of ice.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Herzog » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:01 am

"Whoa!" cried Syndus as he ducked the swiping claws from the giant owlbear. At the least, the creature had let go of Tibbs, freeing the rat shaman. Perhaps the creature was near death.

At any rate, Syndus was left to deal with the owl beast as Tibbs moved out of reach to help Ootah.

"Just you and me buddy!"

With that, Syndus slashed with his scimitar again. He still had the charge from the last attack.

"Stand still you giant feathered flea bag!" cursed Syndus as he missed yet again.


Combat Actions | Show
Move action:
Swift ACtion:
Free action:
Standard action: attack O2 with spell strike shocking grasp: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14096568, still missed.


Mini Stats | Show
Syndus
Male Tiefling Magus (Hexcrafter)
Level 4, Init 5, HP 30/30, DR -, Speed 30'
AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15 CMD 18
Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 4
CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
- MW Comp Longbow +1 +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- MW Scimitar +1 +8 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 9, Cha 6
Conditions shield spell, +4 AC bonus, arcane pool 5/6, spells 1st level 3/4; +1 enchantment from arcane pool
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3249
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:35 am

The next day, mid-morning - The BoarwoodImage
The battered owlbear proved adept at evading the blows from multiple opponents and squawked in rage as it continued to flail out at it tormentors. It slammed the earth elemental out of existence, reducing it to a pill of rocks that disappeared before scattering across the trail.

Despite magical bolts slamming into it, the other one of the large creatures continued to slowly drain the life energy from Ootah with its crushing grip. Ribs were cracking and soon, one might break and puncture her vitals.


Tactical Map | Show
Image
Trees can provide hard cover
Green undergrowth is difficult terrain for Medium and small creatures


Combat Information | Show
Combat Round 5
O1 continued grappling, 9 dmg Ootah
O2 full attack, missed Syndus, Tibbs, but killed EE

Ootah: - Grappled
HP: 18/42

Charr:
HP: 25/25

Tibbs:
HP: 26/26

Garcon:
HP: 18/18

Ky'rie:
HP: 29/29

Syndus:
HP: 30/30

Fang:
HP: 15/15

Monsters:
O1 [AC13 (Touch 10)]: 17 dmg; grappling
O2 [AC15 (Touch 10)]: 46 dmg;


Everyone is up for Round 5
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12644
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:28 am

With the nearest owlbear remaining standing, the earth elemental winds up again and violently throws itself completely into the monster. This slam was much, much harder than the previous attempts. Ky'rie audibly gasps at the fury of his little summoned elemental as it completes it's ferocious attack before vanishing into the void.

Ky’rie blinks. That was only in his imagination. In reality, the owlbear smited down the elemental before it could attack one last time. Unbecoming of his naturally reserved self, the elf curses the gods and flings an invisible ball of force at the monster. This does in fact slam into the owlbear and the elf can't help but proudly smirk.

Actions | Show
Ky'rie telekinetic fist for 4 damage.
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14098789

OOC | Show

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:
Hands: Light Crossbow

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Perception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14
CMD: 16 FCMD: 12
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 6/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 3/5 remaining
Liberating Command - used
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Magic Missile - used
Color Spray

Level 2: 2/4 remaining
Spider Climb
Summon Monster II - used
Scorching Ray - used
Glitterdust
Last edited by FrancisJohn on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Barnegat, NJ

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:35 pm

Ootah was by now starting to get seriously worried about the utter immobility of the owlbear in response to her struggling. The creature's vise-like hold seemed impossible to break, and her attempts at hitting the beast with her club did not appear to bother it in the slightest, let alone do any serious damage. Pretty soon she would be unable to keep up the fight.

"Get... this... thing...OFF...of...me!" she bellowed to whoever would listen, unsure precisely where all her companions were at the moment.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Attempt to hit O2 with her club at -2 penalty: FAIL AGAIN (AC 11; https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... t14103042)

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:06 pm

Aww but they seem so friendly! laughs Tibbs as Garçon steps up beside the Druid. Flames burst forth from Tibbs out stretched hands and engulf the owlbear holding Ootah, the spell angled just so as to miss the half orc altogether.


Actions | Show
Free:
Move: 5' step to L,7
Standard: cast Burning Hands @O1 (31 damage, Reflex DC17 for half)
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14091057
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] Rod of Toppling

Pearls of Power: 2 / 2 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 1/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 2/4 remaining (* =cast)
Magic Missile *
Burning Hands*
Alarm
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:25 pm

The next day, mid-morning - The BoarwoodImage
Ky'rie's magical attack slammed into the battered owlbear at fell backwards to crash down in the underbrush, shaking the ground and nearby trees. It was not going to get back soon on its own.

Despite busily engaged with the half-orc, the other owlbear either knew to look out for the fire from the rat-mage, or was just lucky. Tibbs, in a effort to not burn the hair off Ootah had trouble bathing the owlbear in flames jetting from his hands, not burning the creature as badly as he would have liked.


Tactical Map | Show
Image
Trees can provide hard cover
Green undergrowth is difficult terrain for Medium and small creatures


Combat Information | Show
Combat Round 5
O1 made Reflex Save
O2 down, dying

Ootah: - Grappled
HP: 18/42

Charr:
HP: 25/25

Tibbs:
HP: 26/26

Garcon:
HP: 18/18

Ky'rie:
HP: 29/29

Syndus:
HP: 30/30

Fang:
HP: 15/15

Monsters:
O1 [AC13 (Touch 10)]: 17 dmg; grappling
O2 [AC15 (Touch 10)]: dying


Remaining Actions for Round 5
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12644
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Aura » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:42 pm

Hearing Ootah crying in pain and anger, Char rolls right into another healing spell, uttering only, "No.... no, no, no," between. The sense of urgency obvious as the mixed heritage elf immediately begins a new chant. Reaching in, her hand finds green skin and more healing energy flows through the witch in a desperate effort to mend the damage the owl-beast's crushing hold is inflicting on her friend.


Combat | Show
Standard Action: Cast CMW on Ootah, using Glide. Heals 11.

These things are doing so much damage I can really only cast healing.

Rolls: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14107355

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:00 am

Hang on Ootah! We'll have this great stinkin' carpet off ya onto the roasting spit in no time!

Tibbideau worried that the owlbear might have been more than he could stand on his own, but the tiny sorcerer had no such fears regarding Ootah. He felt sure that the burly druid had reserves of strength yet untapped.


Actions | Show
Free:
Move:
Standard:
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] Rod of Toppling

Pearls of Power: 2 / 2 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 1/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 2/4 remaining (* =cast)
Magic Missile *
Burning Hands*
Alarm
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:57 am

Syndus closed in, attempting to get a better angle on the dangerous owlbear that was still threatening to squeeze Ootah like a zit. he took the extra time to climb onto the boulder to get a bit higher and lashed out with the electrically charged weapon.

The owlbear screeched in pain as Syndus lashed it. Burnt flesh and feathers created a new stench to combine with the dying creature nearby.


The next day, mid-morning - The BoarwoodImage
The owlbear was not happy and roared further in anger, fueled by the pain. It let its victim go and went berserk with claws and beak slashing everywhere. Its wild retaliation was nowhere near Syndus, but ootha got nipped by the beak as she regained her footing after being let go, a little slow on being able to dodge.

A round house slam caught Tibbs in the side of the head, a blow that had him seeing stars and feeling like his neck got broke or his skull caved in. Somehow he remained in the saddle on the dog instead of flying through the air.


Tactical Map | Show
Image
Trees can provide hard cover
Green undergrowth is difficult terrain for Medium and small creatures


Combat Information | Show
Syndus hit for 18 total damage
Combat Round 6
O1 full attack, missed Syndus, hit Ootah for 7dmg, critical hit on Tibbs for 16 dmg
O2 down, dying

Ootah:
HP: 22/42

Charr:
HP: 25/25

Tibbs:
HP: 10/26

Garcon:
HP: 18/18

Ky'rie:
HP: 29/29

Syndus:
HP: 30/30

Fang:
HP: 15/15

Monsters:
O1 [AC15 (Touch 10)]: 35 dmg;
O2 [AC15 (Touch 10)]: dying


Everyone up for Round 6
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12644
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:51 am

Ootah suddenly felt a crackling bolt of electricity hit the creature's forehead right next to her. The smell of singed feathers up close and personal was overwhelming. The beast reacted immediately by loosening its vise-like grip, allowing Ootah a chance to escape. She wasn't quite quick enough though, as the beast's beak delivered a painful bite. But at least she was free again, and able to assist her friends.

As the monster flailed around incoherently, she watched in horror as Tibbs nearly got flung out of his saddle. She suddenly spotted an opening in the monster's defences as it reared back after swiping at Tibbs, and slammed her club heavily into its side with a loud crunching sound.

"How'dya like that, ya bastard?", she yelled at the beast, relief flooding through her that she was finally able to hit back at it.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Attempt to hit O2 with her club: Potential Critical Hit (25; https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 5504&#41;;
Critical hit confirmed (14; https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 5511&#41;; 11 hp damage

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:36 am

Ky'rie thinks he hears something to his left in the woods behind a tree. He turns to look but his gaze immediately returns to the owlbear at hand nearly decapitating his rat-folk friend.

The elf raises his closed fist in the air and slowly motions it across his body in a vertical circle, and a blast of force connects with the owlbear despite the range and tight quarters. Momentarily forgetting what he thinks he heard in the forest, Ky'rie rushes in closer to the enemy.

Mechanics | Show
Rolls

Perception: 5

Standard: Telekinetic fist owlbear, ranged touch into melee
Move: K6

I crit the owlbear for 8 damage total.

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:
Hands: Light Crossbow

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Perception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14
CMD: 16 FCMD: 12
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 5/7 remaining (+6 ranged touch, 1d4+2 damage)

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 3/5 remaining
Liberating Command - used
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Magic Missile - used
Color Spray

Level 2: 2/4 remaining
Spider Climb
Summon Monster II - used
Scorching Ray - used
Glitterdust
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Barnegat, NJ

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Aura » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:26 am

Watching the beast begin to fight in a blind fury, Char notably winces as Tibbs is nearly killed by the flailing paws and feathers. Wasting no time, she steps up and casts another magic, channeling healing energy through her hand and into the ratling wizard, the magic mending and stitching in a madcap effort to stave off death.


Combat | Show
Step to K6
Standard Action: Cast CMW on Tibbs, using Share Memory. Heals 14.

Rolls: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14197045

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:36 pm

Tibbs had had just about enough of these feathered bears, summoning the last of his internal power the rat mage sent one last shower of golden arrows streaking toward the creature in an effort to end the carnage once and for all...


Actions | Show
Free:
Move:
Standard:cast magic missile (sorc) at O1 for 18 dmg
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14197045
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] Rod of Toppling

Pearls of Power: 2 / 2 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 0/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 2/4 remaining (* =cast)
Magic Missile *
Burning Hands*
Alarm
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:13 am

The next day, mid-morning - The BoarwoodImage
The owlbear was brained in the head about the same time as Ky'rie's spell slammed its neck to crush its windpipe. The beast fell with a thud to the forest turf with a final gurgling groan as the last of what little air that could escape its lungs leaked out before its brains ceased to give direction for its organs to function.

The forest was quiet as the previously felled owlbear expired too, leaving the monsters' territory conquered by the invading heroes.

For most part everyone was relatively unscathed by the experience, though no little part to the healing magic that was expended. Ootah's ribs were still rather tender and sore.


Combat Information | Show
Combat over with Ky'rie, so Tibbs spell was not needed to be cast.

Ootah:
HP: 22/42

Charr:
HP: 25/25

Tibbs:
HP: 24/26

Garcon:
HP: 18/18

Ky'rie:
HP: 29/29

Syndus:
HP: 30/30

Fang:
HP: 15/15


Combat Over
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12644
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:11 am

"How is everyone? Ootah, Tibbs, are you alright?" He glances and gives them a quick once over. Although he would dread verbalizing it, Ky'rie feels equal parts proud and guilty that he escaped this encounter unscathed. He does feel rather wasteful though on how many arcane resources he personally expended. I can do better, I think....

"Guy's, I'll be right back." Ky'rie follows the trail back a few yards and turns into the woods. I could have swore I saw something....

Mechanics | Show
Kyrie goes to explore in the area of H2

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:
Hands: Light Crossbow

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Perception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14
CMD: 16 FCMD: 12
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 5/7 remaining (+6 ranged touch, 1d4+2 damage)

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 3/5 remaining
Liberating Command - used
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Magic Missile - used
Color Spray

Level 2: 2/4 remaining
Spider Climb
Summon Monster II - used
Scorching Ray - used
Glitterdust
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Barnegat, NJ

PreviousNext

Return to Red Raven [PF]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron