RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Among the mysteries that surround the Fog Peak Mountains, perhaps the most fantastic is the legend of the Jarl of the North Wind. Supposedly, somewhere in these remote peaks, this supernatural sovereign dwells in a fabulous ice palace surrounded by a golden fortune rich enough to tempt even the most accomplished rogue. Whimsical and vindictive, he jealously guards his castle’s secret location and throws intruders into the icy maze beneath his treasury, dooming them to wander through the twisting passageways until they inevitably freeze to death.
Of course, most sensible people consider these tales to be little more than myth. After all, no form of magical divination has ever succeeded in finding this Jarl or his supposed palace.
But the stories persist, and through the years a surprising number of people have set off into the mountains to look for the fabled fortune; most of these were never heard from again. Most sages agree that although the Jarl and his fortune probably don’t exist, there is something in the mountains that makes them dangerous to explore. The stories remain popular, though, and every once in a while a traveler emerges from the wilderness claiming to have seen the Jarl, his famous treasure, and his infamous maze of ice.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Herzog » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:33 am

The resulting charge and grappling of the owlbears was not what Syndus has meant by delaying the creatures. The situation was actually bad as Tibbs was one of the ones grappled. The small sorcerer wasnt as hardy as the rest of the group and bigger held by the bigger creature would not be pleasant. Hopefully, Ootah would break out her grapple and deal some payback.

"Thanks Ky'rie!" The magus shouted as the elf slipped past them in retreat. The tiefling drew his scimitar and spent some of his arcane pool to enchant the weapon.

He then yelled a battecry and stabbed at the giant owl creature grappling Tibbs.


Combat Actions | Show
Move action: draw scimitar
Swift ACtion: enchante scimitar with +1 from arcane pool
Free action: 5ft to K4
Standard action: attack O2: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14028869, 22 to thit, 8dmg


Mini Stats | Show
Syndus
Male Tiefling Magus (Hexcrafter)
Level 4, Init 5, HP 30/30, DR -, Speed 30'
AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15 CMD 18
Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 4
CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
- MW Comp Longbow +1 +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- MW Scimitar +1 +8 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 9, Cha 6
Conditions shield spell, +4 AC bonus, arcane pool 5/6, +1 enchantment from arcane pool
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3249
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:42 pm

One of the monstrous creatures rushed at Ootah with surprising speed and knocked the air out of her, enveloping her into its bone-crushing embrace. Truly angry now, she attempted to push its arms aside in response. To her shock, she realised that the creature's grip was stronger than she had anticipated, and breaking out was going to be tougher than expected. At least this way it ain't going for someone else, she thought, struggling to break free.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Attempt to break grapple: FAIL (8; https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... t14029599)

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:08 pm

Pain surged through Tibbs tiny body as the foul smelling beast jerked him into a feathery bear hug. Garçon lunged for the great beast in defense of his master but could not pierce the feathery hide. In desperation, Tibbs closed his eyes and focused on the words of a spell, but the powerful embrace of the monster was too much to bear and the rat mage could not keep the arcane words in his mind.


Actions | Show
Free: direct Garçon to attack O2 - missed
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14032817
Standard: cast magic missile (wiz) - failed concentration, lost spell
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14032817
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 18/26
Conditions: grappled
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] Rod of Toppling

Pearls of Power: 4 / 4 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 3/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 3/4 remaining (* =cast)
Magic Missile *
Burning Hands
Alarm
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Aura » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:54 am

The sound of combat swirling around her, Char shows some alarm as two of her friends are scooped up by the angry hybrid creatures. Looking back and forth, she makes a fast assessment of the situation and settles her gaze upon Tibbs, who seems most in immediate danger. In a display of discipline and moxy, the witch casts a healing magic within easy reach of the beast, and touches Tibbs before he can be yanked away, letting the healing magic was through him.


Combat | Show
Standard Action: Defensive Cast CLW on Tibbs, using Remove Sickness. DC is 17, successful, but only heals 5.
Step to J6 if possible.

Rolls; https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14040642

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:32 am

The next day, mid-morning - The BoarwoodImage
Neither creature was dissuaded from their prey, trying to remove strips of flesh from their meal gripped within their arms. The annoying other prey around them were a distraction and they sqawked in roaring defiance, perhaps trying to scare away the competition for their meal of half-orc and ratfolk.


Tactical Map | Show
Image
Trees can provide hard cover
Green undergrowth is difficult terrain for Medium and small creatures


Combat Information | Show
Combat Round 3
O1 continued grappling, 6 dmg Ootah
O2 conitnued grappling, 5 dmg Tibbs

Ootah: - Grappled
HP: 28/42

Charr:
HP: 25/25

Tibbs: - Grappled
HP: 18/26

Garcon:
HP: 18/18

Ky'rie:
HP: 29/29

Syndus:
HP: 30/30

Fang:
HP: 15/15

Monsters:
O1 [AC15 (Touch 10)]: grappling
O2 [AC15 (Touch 10)]: 36 dmg; grappling


Everyone is up for Round 3
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12649
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:39 am

The summoned earth elemental attacks again! Using the advantage by the flanking Syndus, the elemental slams into the owlbear.

Ky'rie shouts out, "Tibbs, hang on, try and get out now!" A spat of elven magic later, and Tibb's feels emboldened to try and break free again. The elf grabs his crossbow from his side.

Actions | Show
Elemental attacks and hits for 10 damage.
(actually there is no flanking but it's a hit anyway)

Standard: Liberating command on Tibbs - free escape artist check with a +8 bonus
Move: Equip crossbow

OOC | Show

Summoning | Show
HP: 17

AC: 17
Flat: 10
Touch: 17

Fort: +6
Reflex: -1
Will: +3

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:
Hands: Light Crossbow

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Perception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14
CMD: 16 FCMD: 12
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 3/5 remaining
Liberating Command - used
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Magic Missile - used
Color Spray

Level 2: 3/4 remaining
Spider Climb
Summon Monster II - used
Scorching Ray
Glitterdust
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Barnegat, NJ

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:03 pm

Suddenly Tibbs felt very slippery... but he wasn't quite slippery enough to escape the foul smelling behemoth.


Actions | Show
Immediate: escape artist 20
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14032817
Free:
Standard:
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 18/26
Conditions: grappled
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] Rod of Toppling

Pearls of Power: 4 / 4 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 3/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 3/4 remaining (* =cast)
Magic Missile *
Burning Hands
Alarm
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:04 pm

Again Tibbs tries to focus on the words to a spell and once more the words escape him. The brittle rat was beginning to think he might never get free of this creature.


Actions | Show
Free:
Standard: fail to cast magic missile (sorc) @O2
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14032817
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 18/26
Conditions: grappled
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] Rod of Toppling

Pearls of Power: 2 / 2 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 2/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 3/4 remaining (* =cast)
Magic Missile *
Burning Hands
Alarm
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Aura » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:09 am

With Tibbs and Ootah having the life choked out of them, Char tries to cast another healing spell. However, flailing wings and looming threat of worse from the two creatures cause her to studder, and the building magic dissipates. Her disappointment registering on her face, she steps away from the monsters and prepares to try agian.


Combat | Show
Standard Action: Defensive Cast CLW on Tibbs, using Remove Fear. DC is 17, unsuccessful.
Step to I5

Rolls; https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14040642

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
[b]Used Spells: Remove Sickness, Remove Fear
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Herzog » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:57 am

Syndus grunted as the giant owlbeat still had a tight hold on Tibbs. The small creature was definitly in pain, despite the healing Char was delivering. The tiefling had to do something fast!

Drawing upon his arcane, the magus charges his weapon with his shocking grasp spell. He then thrusts out as he finishes the chant. Unfortunetly, the owl bear dodged at the last minute, and the tip of the tiefling's scimitar caught nothing but air.

"Damn! Sorry Tibbs!"


Combat Actions | Show
Move action:
Swift ACtion:
Free action:
Standard action: attack O2 with spell strike shocking grasp: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14063931, 12 to hit, miss


Mini Stats | Show
Syndus
Male Tiefling Magus (Hexcrafter)
Level 4, Init 5, HP 30/30, DR -, Speed 30'
AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15 CMD 18
Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 4
CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
- MW Comp Longbow +1 +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- MW Scimitar +1 +8 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 9, Cha 6
Conditions shield spell, +4 AC bonus, arcane pool 5/6, spells 1st level 3/4; +1 enchantment from arcane pool
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3249
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:34 am

The next day, mid-morning - The BoarwoodImage
Roaring and squawking in pain, the owlbear holding Tibbs let go and became a whirlwind of claws and snapping beak. Syndus dodged a swiping claw and Tibbs ducked lower to evade the jaws of the large creature trying to remove his head. The owlbear swatted the earth elemental pretty hard, nearly shattering it into small gravel pieces. The magic holding it together kept it going though.

Meanwhile at the front of the group's line of march, Ootah still felt the bone crunching grip as the hulking monster would not let him go, nor could she free herself even a little.


Tactical Map | Show
Image
Trees can provide hard cover
Green undergrowth is difficult terrain for Medium and small creatures


Combat Information | Show
Combat Round 4
Ootah unable to break grapple
O1 continued grappling, 8 dmg Ootah
O2 let go of Tibbs and Full Attacked; Missed Syndus, Tibbs, 9 dmg to EE

Ootah: - Grappled
HP: 20/42

Charr:
HP: 25/25

Tibbs:
HP: 26/26

Garcon:
HP: 18/18

Ky'rie:
HP: 29/29

Syndus:
HP: 30/30

Fang:
HP: 15/15

Monsters:
O1 [AC15 (Touch 10)]: grappling
O2 [AC15 (Touch 10)]: 46 dmg;


Everyone is up for Round 4
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12649
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:16 am

Continuing it’s furious assault, the earth elemental crashes it’s body into owlbear, the monster is able to ignore the slam and brush the elemental aside.

Ky'rie's mercurial mind racing anew, he quickly analyzes the situation. The elemental and Syndus can hopefully provide some cover for Tibbs, but Ootah's still in trouble! He has to decide between trying to finish off the wounded owlbear or attacking the one grappling the half-orc. "Hang in there Ootah!"

A searing ray of fire flings from the elf's fingertips towards the owlbear closest to Ky'rie. "Rayon Brûlant!" Unfortunately, his aim misses by a gnome hair and the bolt of fire scorches a hole in the trunk of a nearby tree. "Damn it!" Frustration grows as Ky'rie loads his crossbow...

Actions | Show
Actually the elemental's attack is a miss because there's no flanking. Darn.

5-Step: K2
Standard: Scorching Ray on owlbear closest to Ky'rie
Missed

Move: load crossbow

OOC | Show

Summoning | Show
HP: 8/17
Rounds Left: 1/4

AC: 17
Flat: 10
Touch: 17

Fort: +6
Reflex: -1
Will: +3

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:
Hands: Light Crossbow

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Perception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14
CMD: 16 FCMD: 12
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 3/5 remaining
Liberating Command - used
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Magic Missile - used
Color Spray

Level 2: 2/4 remaining
Spider Climb
Summon Monster II - used
Scorching Ray - used
Glitterdust
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Barnegat, NJ

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:37 am

Now seriously angry, Ootah bellowed in pain and frustration as the monster showed no sign of letting her go. She decided that she needed to distract the creature somehow so that the others might be able to help attack it. To that end, she raised her club and tried to bring it down onto the creature's strong arms, in an attempt to break the deadly embrace, but her aim was off and her strike did not have any measurable effect on the beast.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Attempt to hit O1 using her club while grappled: FAIL (AC12; https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... t14069209&#41;

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Aura » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:58 pm

With just too much squeezing and not enough healing, Char desperately continues to try to ease the pain caused by the beasts, this time reaching out and letting a spell flow to Ootah, mending her partially as she struggles against the feathered creature. "Got you!" she cries out as she makes the touch the completes the spell.


Combat | Show
Standard Action: Defensive Cast CLW on Ootah, using Mage Armor. Heals 6.
I guess they don't have reach then? That seems to be the implication.

Rolls: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14081066

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
Used Spells: Remove Sickness, Remove Fear, Mage Armor
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:50 pm

Free at last from the huge stinking creature, Tibb's first thought is of Ootah and he coaxes his steed up just behind her. Rage boiling inside suddenly erupts through the rat's fingers and he violently spits the words of evocation that send his golden arrows racing toward the half-orc's tormentor.


Actions | Show
Free:
Move: 5' step to K,6
Standard: defensively cast magic missile (sorc) @O1 (17 dmg, success on defensive cast)
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14091057
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 23/26
Conditions: grappled
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] Rod of Toppling

Pearls of Power: 2 / 2 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 1/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 3/4 remaining (* =cast)
Magic Missile *
Burning Hands
Alarm
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

PreviousNext

Return to Red Raven [PF]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest