RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Among the mysteries that surround the Fog Peak Mountains, perhaps the most fantastic is the legend of the Jarl of the North Wind. Supposedly, somewhere in these remote peaks, this supernatural sovereign dwells in a fabulous ice palace surrounded by a golden fortune rich enough to tempt even the most accomplished rogue. Whimsical and vindictive, he jealously guards his castle’s secret location and throws intruders into the icy maze beneath his treasury, dooming them to wander through the twisting passageways until they inevitably freeze to death.
Of course, most sensible people consider these tales to be little more than myth. After all, no form of magical divination has ever succeeded in finding this Jarl or his supposed palace.
But the stories persist, and through the years a surprising number of people have set off into the mountains to look for the fabled fortune; most of these were never heard from again. Most sages agree that although the Jarl and his fortune probably don’t exist, there is something in the mountains that makes them dangerous to explore. The stories remain popular, though, and every once in a while a traveler emerges from the wilderness claiming to have seen the Jarl, his famous treasure, and his infamous maze of ice.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:42 pm

"What have we here?" Tibbs wonders aloud of the little campsite.

"Looks like we missed dinner!"

Tibbideau hops down carefully from his mount and pokes around the campsite with the others. He sniffs around for the scent of their quarry, the same scent that surely lingers on the tracks they were following.

"Why would he leave this camp here for us to find? Seems... careless."


Actions | Show
Free:
Standard: Perception 22 https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 85&page=56
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] Rod of Toppling

Pearls of Power: 4 / 4 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 3/4 remaining (* =cast)
Magic Missile
Burning Hands
Alarm *
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:21 pm

While the others focused on investigating the campsite, Ootah wandered around the perimeter of the site, trying to make sure that they had a trail to follow afterwards. But she kept distracting herself trying to also look for clues within the campsite proper. Eventually she stopped, grabbed the side of her head and groaned in obvious annoyance. "When you guys have a moment, can you gimme a hand here? Can't seem to find his tracks anymore as they leave the camp. Unless he flew away or turned invisible or something - maybe that's why I can't see nothing leaving."

She sat down heavily amongst the debris of the campsite, annoyed at herself for having lost the trail that had been so obvious so far.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Try to relocate trail leaving camp: 1! (i.e. total roll = 11; https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... t13903800&#41;

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:13 am

Late Morning - The BoarwoodThere was nothing unusual about the campsite, no magical auras or unexpected items left behind. The smells around the camp did confirm to match those of the person leaving the tracks through the forest, presumably the Red Raven.

Ootha struggled to pick up the trail since there were a few different footprints departing and return back to the campsite, all looking to be fairly fresh and made within the last 12 hours or so. The druid mainly succeeded in finding where the camper had defecated and hastily covered the turds with some dirt and leaves.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12600
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:04 am

Seeing Ootah struggle to pick up the trail, Ky’rie throws his eyes into the mix and tries to spot the footsteps.

Actions | Show
Survival: 15

OOC | Show

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Peception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14
CMD: 16 FCMD: 12
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Magic Missile
Color Spray

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Spider Climb
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Glitterdust
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Tibbs scurries over to Ootah and lends his nose to the situation alongside Ky'rie.


Actions | Show
Free:
Standard: Survival (Tracking by Scent) 24 https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 85&page=56
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] Rod of Toppling

Pearls of Power: 4 / 4 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 3/4 remaining (* =cast)
Magic Missile
Burning Hands
Alarm *
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:25 am

Late Morning - The BoarwoodWhile Ootah examined the campsite's jacks, Tibbs and Ky'rie picked up the trail heading away from the town, continuing the flight from the scene of the crime the day before.

The tracks were at least a few hours old, their pursuit potentially losing ground after one full day of tracking after the thief.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12600
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:13 am

Ky'rie smiles with satisfaction as the group picks up the trail anew. "Quality work, Tibbs... quality work." He squints down the trail. He takes out his scorpion Benedict and places him on his slim elven shoulder. "Tis a pity that you're not a raven or a crow, isn't it, friend?"

He asks the others, "Shall we make haste?"

Actions | Show

OOC | Show

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Peception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14
CMD: 16 FCMD: 12
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Magic Missile
Color Spray

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Spider Climb
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Glitterdust
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:33 am

Ootah grinned sheepishly as Ky'rie and Tibbs pointed out the now obvious signs of where the Red Raven had set off earlier that same day. "Thanks guys", she chuckled, "Must 'ave got sidetracked by the smell there for a moment. Don''t go lookin' over there, is all I can say. Now, let's go an' catch up with this guy - we're gaining on him!"

She picked herself up, ready to press on now that it seemed they were, indeed, closing in on their target.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Assist Tibbs and Ky'rie in continuing to follow the trail (+2 to their rolls)

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Aura » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:36 pm

With her searches and attempts to help track haven't done so little, Char sighs as Ootah regains the trail. "This is good," she begins, but sours a bit, mid-sentence, "Whoever did this, seems like, no fear of people following. Why?" With a bit of chant, the young witch brings a detection magic to life and scans the camp before departing, hoping to pick up any hint of further information, uneasily drumming her fingers across the grip of her bow.


action | Show
Cast detect magic, scan camp before leaving

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:29 am

Late Morning - The BoarwoodScanning around the campsite with her spell active did not show any traces of magical auras left behind. Char was unable to learn anything different than what the trackers had found.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12600
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:08 am

Tibbs climbs back up on to Garçon and makes ready to head out. He packs a small bowl in his pipe as he waits for the others to follow suit, turning to face Char at her last question.

"Whatever the reason, I hope it is the Red Raven we follow and not the Red Herring."

Tibbs smiles and chuckles heartily to himself at this joke.


Actions | Show
Free:
Standard: Survival (Tracking by Scent) 24 https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 85&page=56
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] Rod of Toppling

Pearls of Power: 4 / 4 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 3/4 remaining (* =cast)
Magic Missile
Burning Hands
Alarm *
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:04 am

Ky'rie laughs at Tibbs's joke. "Your hope and mine are one and the same. Let's get on with it then." The elf is ready to head out.

Actions | Show

OOC | Show

Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Ky'rie Perception: +3
Benedict Peception: +8

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14
CMD: 16 FCMD: 12
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Magic Missile
Color Spray

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Spider Climb
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Glitterdust
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Ootah perked up at the mention of red herrings. "Haven't had one of those in ages", she sighed wistfully, fondly remembering the strong, pungent flavour of the fish. "Do you remember? It had this great smell, it hung around for days afterwards, something to really put hair on yer teeth..." She smiled at the memory.

"Anyways, let's do this; we can catch up with Mister Raven and ask him why he dinna hide his tracks any better."

She fixed her eyes on the tracks, now once again clearly visible, ready to carry on.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Take 10 continuing to follow the trail (20 roll total)

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Aura » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:12 am

With the camp scanned for possible lingering magics and the conversation turning towards fish, Char cannot help but roll her eyes. "Ugh. Guys, you kill me." Shaking it off, she begins doing her best to keep Ootah on track as they group follows their mysterious quarry.


Tracking | Show
Back to assisting

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:52 am

Late Afternoon - The BoarwoodThe group continued following the tracks, presumably left by the Red Raven (or the Red Herring if some were to be correct in their fears), through the rest of the day. The weather held all afternoon after a brief stop for lunch.

It was later afternoon and the group was soon going to be reaching the point where they had been traveling in the forest for 8 hours, feeling the ache of tired feet and rumbling bellies as it would soon be time for another break for the evening meal.

Of the one they pursued, there was still no visual sign except the track he left behind in his passage.


Perception | Show
Include perception checks in your next post, please.
I will likely use sometime in the near future.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12600
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to Red Raven [PF]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron