RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Among the mysteries that surround the Fog Peak Mountains, perhaps the most fantastic is the legend of the Jarl of the North Wind. Supposedly, somewhere in these remote peaks, this supernatural sovereign dwells in a fabulous ice palace surrounded by a golden fortune rich enough to tempt even the most accomplished rogue. Whimsical and vindictive, he jealously guards his castle’s secret location and throws intruders into the icy maze beneath his treasury, dooming them to wander through the twisting passageways until they inevitably freeze to death.
Of course, most sensible people consider these tales to be little more than myth. After all, no form of magical divination has ever succeeded in finding this Jarl or his supposed palace.
But the stories persist, and through the years a surprising number of people have set off into the mountains to look for the fabled fortune; most of these were never heard from again. Most sages agree that although the Jarl and his fortune probably don’t exist, there is something in the mountains that makes them dangerous to explore. The stories remain popular, though, and every once in a while a traveler emerges from the wilderness claiming to have seen the Jarl, his famous treasure, and his infamous maze of ice.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Herzog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:53 am

It seemed to Syndus that every one was in agreement that their was a potential job to be had. Surely the authorities would pay for some one to restore the Key and the town's lively hood. The tiefling just hoped that the townspeople didn't see the adventuring group as opportunistic....

The magus stood and followed after Tibbs as the rat sorcerer went to inquire about the key. The red-skinned outsider add his own line of inqury.

"If you could also point of us to who is in charge. We'd like to offer our services on returning the key..." Syndus asked the innkeeper or whoever Tibbs had cornered.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3233
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:09 am

Happy to see that the party was in agreement, Ky'rie dutifully finishes his lightest of breakfasts and packs up this belongings. He tags along with the others, and can't help but let out a small impish grin at the prospect of a job. It is slightly complimented with a youthful sparkle in his elven eyes that even if this doesn't lead to anything, it is a welcome break to the tedious malaise and boredom that has been seemingly gripping the party.

Actions | Show
Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Perception: +3

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14 CMD:
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Grease
Open

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Levitate
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Open
Last edited by FrancisJohn on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Aura » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:51 am

"Yes, maybe we can find it," Char chimes in. "Or maybe not. Can't say. Worth trying." She walks behind Tibby, maybe four or five feet back from him. With a bit of annoyance, she finger combs some of the fur lining on her outfit, serving as a reminder of the prospect of winter coming to the town.

stuff | Show
nothing here at the moment

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:55 am

Still dripping wet but much more alert than before, Ootah joined the others as they tried to find out some more details of what might have happened to the Vernal Key. Her usual grumpiness towards strangers had by now reasserted itself, and she was happy to let Tibbs and Syndus do the talking for the moment.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:


HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:15 am

Next morning - AzurestoneImageThe owner of the inn was in the middle of a conversation with another local patron and was discussing the issue, "Naw, the Red Raven was never known to be such an arse before. Bastard probably living off the reputation of a few goods deeds and decided to take advantage."

"Ah, Lekainen, doncha be so nice. I cannaw believe we been praisin' da cur all these years ta only be findin' him a sneak thief cad. Psshaw, a pox on his arse."

"Agreed, but cursing his name is not going to do us much good. Oh, hello," he said recognizing the group wanting to ask him some questions. Master Lekainen and his family ran the Lattice Inn. "If you want to help, that would be great. There is going to be a meeting at the inclusive Hall this morning to talk about what to do now that the key has been taken. We need to save the town somehow."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12550
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Now merely damp but increasingly alert, Ootah brought up the rear as Syndus and Tibbs spoke to Master Lekainen. She stood back, looking over the others' shoulders and taking in the conversation. She couldn't help but feel that his attitude of "needing to save the town somehow" was a bit melodramatic, given that lots of other towns managed perfectly well in winter, but she declined to comment, looking at the others for their responses. She presumed they'd head off to the Hall before long.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:


HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:21 pm

Tibbs listens to what the man has to say intently. At the conclusion, the mage offers a polite bow of his head in gratitude, knowing full-well that few would wish to shake the paw of a rat.

"The Inclusive Hall you say, sounds like we have a meeting to attend. I thank you for your time sir, well met indeed."

Tibbideau turns to his companions and waits for them to ask any follow up questions that they may have, casting each of his companions a glance that seemed to say we know what we need to do next.

"Perhaps we should make our way to the hall then, better to make our bid from the front row no doubt."

After business is concluded, Tibbs makes his way to the room to retrieve his belongings and then out to the stables to fetch Garçon. The furry twosome await their companions just outside the inn.


Actions | Show
Free:
Standard:
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] walking stick (arcane bond)

Pearls of Power: 4 / 4 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Burning Hands
Comprehend Languages
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Aura » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:59 pm

With Tibby addressing the innkeeper and keeping things to the point, Char doesn't have much to say. "Thank you," she begins. As something of an afterthought she adds, "Find key, knit warm socks or grow fur, as options. Key is first choice." There is a moment of quiet as Tibby bows respectfully, and the halfblood girl seems at odds a moment as he walks away. With a somewhat awkward, peasant-style curtsey, she shuffles off to catch up with the departing rat.

Once outside, she waits with Tibby as he climbs up onto his mount, "Innkeeper seems nice, I think. Wonder if we ask for fee at meeting. Will anyone else offer? Bidding war? Hmmm." She looks back into the inn anxiously, waiting for her compatriots. It is as if her neck almost stretches to peer back in through the doors.

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Herzog » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:18 am

Syndus nodded his thanks to the innkeeper and his staff. That had given the group the town's meeting location. And from the small bit of conversation overheard from the innkeeper, the townsfolk were already clamoring for some kind of action to be taken. The odds seemed good the adventuring group could have a job by afternoon.

"Right. To the hall." The Magus followed after the others as they seemed to be headed out of the inn.

"I just hope the townspeople won't see us as some kind of vultures. I mean, we truly do want to help, but we also do need some compensation to provision and live off of."

The red skinned tiefling became tip lipped in thought.

"Eh, who's going to be our speaker? I'm not good with words and i doubt they want to listen to a tiefling."
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3233
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Nodding to Char Tibbs agrees and comments with a chuckle; "The last thing we want is some other weekend warriors underbidding us. Would probably just mean we end up having to rescue them on our way to get the key!"

Turning to Syndus, Tibbs face becomes more serious.

"Vultures or not, someone has to do the dirty work. Something tells me whosoever took this thing isn't just going to hand it over."

At the question of who would do the talking for the stalwart companions, Tibbs offers a shrug.

"Maybe better a Tiefling than a rat, eh? Frankly I think Ootah is our golden ambassador, who is going to say no to a magnificent creature like her?" Tibbs offers Ootah a sly wink.


Actions | Show
Free:
Standard:
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] walking stick (arcane bond)

Pearls of Power: 4 / 4 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Burning Hands
Comprehend Languages
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:49 pm

As the group carries on, Ky'rie nods and affirms to all of the groups ideas as the bubble up to the surface. Certainly couldn't have thought this up better myself... Shrinking from the spotlight as per usual, the elf is all to happy to relinquish speaking duties to Ootah. There is something charming and effective to the often blunt and crude nature of her... negotiations.... but it hasn't failed us yet. Except for that boggard. What a bastard! Oh heavens, I should watch my tongue.

Ky'ries elven eyes twinkle with hope, reflecting the possible adventure on the near horizon.

Actions | Show
Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Perception: +3

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14 CMD:
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Grease
Open

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Levitate
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Open
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Aura » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:48 am

Heading to the town hall, Char offers a bit of a shrug as the issue of spokesperson is brought up. "Tibbs has gift of gab. We can buy stilts and he is also impressive to look at." Taking the next several steps in the journey completely straight-legged, the witch pantomimes being on stilts to the best of her ability. With a cheshire grin, she adds, "Nobody notice, right?"

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:38 am

Tibbideau erupts with laughter at the stiff-legged impression of himself on stilts. He laughs so hard that he begins to cough on the smoke from his pipe.

"Hard.. to argue.. with that logic.. Char! Hahahaha!"


Actions | Show
Free:
Standard:
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] walking stick (arcane bond)

Pearls of Power: 4 / 4 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Burning Hands
Comprehend Languages
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:55 am

Ootah grins at Tibbs' suggestion that she, of all people, conduct negotiations with the townsfolk. "You guys sure 'bout that?", she asks, just to be clear, "cause you remember, some folk say I lackin' what they calls 'tact-an'-sub-tle-ty'. I just says what I thinks, and do what I says, and that's the end of it." A thought strikes her as Char speaks about Tibbs on stilts. "Ya know, I could easily carry you on my shoulders Tibbs. That way we'd be really convincing, right?"

She frowns, considering their next move. "I suppose we'd better go to this Hall then."


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:


HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:25 pm

Tibbs can hardly breathe for as hard as he is laughing at Ootah's suggestion.

By the gods! Ootah! I'm going to break a rib! Bahahaha!"

Smacking himself on the nose to stop his side-splitting peal, Tibbs reaches down to ruffle the fur atop Garçon's head reassuringly as the great dog looked up at his master in wonder.

"Let's just see how this plays out and if we need any extra height to make our point, Ootah can wear the stilts!"


Actions | Show
Free:
Standard:
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] walking stick (arcane bond)

Pearls of Power: 4 / 4 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Burning Hands
Comprehend Languages
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

PreviousNext

Return to Red Raven [PF]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron