RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Among the mysteries that surround the Fog Peak Mountains, perhaps the most fantastic is the legend of the Jarl of the North Wind. Supposedly, somewhere in these remote peaks, this supernatural sovereign dwells in a fabulous ice palace surrounded by a golden fortune rich enough to tempt even the most accomplished rogue. Whimsical and vindictive, he jealously guards his castle’s secret location and throws intruders into the icy maze beneath his treasury, dooming them to wander through the twisting passageways until they inevitably freeze to death.
Of course, most sensible people consider these tales to be little more than myth. After all, no form of magical divination has ever succeeded in finding this Jarl or his supposed palace.
But the stories persist, and through the years a surprising number of people have set off into the mountains to look for the fabled fortune; most of these were never heard from again. Most sages agree that although the Jarl and his fortune probably don’t exist, there is something in the mountains that makes them dangerous to explore. The stories remain popular, though, and every once in a while a traveler emerges from the wilderness claiming to have seen the Jarl, his famous treasure, and his infamous maze of ice.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Aura » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:45 pm

With a nod and a smile, Char offers her mug up in response to Syndus' toast. "Never catch up!" she rehearses, adding emphasis to that part of his toast. The witch seems to be enjoying herself in a rather quiet way for the lion share of the evening, continuing to work her ratfolk figurine as the festival party swirls around her. Tilting her head over to the farmer who made the comment about rumors, she adds, "Ya think people would get playin' around is bad news. Surprised any stories to tell on that, any more." Looking at her work, Char taps one of her carving tools on the table as she ponders her next few strokes of her tools.

Question | Show
Is there music being played? Dancing? Just curious.

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:54 pm

Her social awkwardness momentarily forgotten, Ootah raised her mug high in response to Syndus' toast, cheering him on in agreement. "Never catch up! Just run fast enough, it catches your enemies first!", she hollered across the table, trying to also make a contribution. As the beer kept on flowing, she found she was increasingly enjoying herself. The night was still young and she suddenly felt she could keep on doing this for a long time yet.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Continue drinking.

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:05 pm

Evening - AzurestoneImage
There was a few drunks starting up some drinking song, which often resulted in the entire tavern breaking into belting out the lyrics in a futile attempt to remain on key as they yelled them out. Still they were having a good time.

The farmer that asked Syndus for the toast, slapped him on the back causing some ale to spill from the teifling’s mug. “Oh, sorry. Here, finish up the dregs and have another.”

Ootah found her mug was never emptying and had quickly put away more ale than she could keep track of.

The farmer refilled Char’s mug saying, “Lass, ya gotta put your work away. This is a party! Your turn for the toast!”
“Here, here!”
“Yes!” Others called, joining the urging.

OOC | Show
With the ale flowing so freely, eventually some Saving Throws will come into play:
Will Saves to resist drinking more to get drunk
Will Saves to keep from drinking after drunk
Fortitude Saves to keep from passing out after really drunk
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Tue May 01, 2018 9:55 am

Truly getting into the spirit of the event, Ootah became increasingly jolly as her newfound friends kept refilling her mug. What a glorious night this was turning out to be! She started off on a funny song of her own, about three friends outwitting a hill giant and stealing his beer. Her singing was off key, but that didn't seem to bother anyone.

She cheered loudly as Syndus was offered another mug, and slapped the farmer next to her on the back as he refilled her mug yet again. "You guysh are jusht great," she said, her voice by now slightly slurring, "and this ish lovely ale. Seems like everything ish just fine and dandy in thish here village. No problemsh you need any help with?" She blinked owlishly at the farmer, trying to keep his face in focus.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Keep drinking and having a good time! (Mediocre Will saves, so she's almost not trying to resist at all, but 23 Fort save suggests she's unlikely to pass out even when quite drunk: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... t13423039)

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Herzog » Tue May 01, 2018 4:01 pm

Syndus had quickly sat back down among the cheers and raise mugs to his toast. The tiefling was surprised at the back slapping from the farmer, and obliged on finishing his current mug. He quickly downed an ale in his embarrassment, partly to calm his nerves, and party to start forgetting the moment. The red skinned magus didn't protest as another mug was placed before him.

At least the magus was spared any further embarrassment as the farmers moved to pick on Char. He eyed the witch to see what she would come up with.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3204
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Aura » Tue May 01, 2018 8:16 pm

Years of practice being a wallflower, Char sets down her tools and shakes a bit as she reaches out to the mug. "You all know I trip on words," she explains as she slowly stands, eyes closed. Her pursed lips mutter quietly as she subvocally practices something to say, and having rehearsed it to her liking. The half elf's almond-shaped eyes open again and she rolls out her toast. "To friends, lives shared, lover's kiss, softest hair. To carefree times, clearest nights, truest ken, transcend hate." With that, she participates in the obligatory drink that goes with a toast, but attempts to maintain herself to her plan of a couple drinks.

Sitting back down and smiling a bit, she takes up her tools again and adds, gaze trained on the farmer, "Was hobby before I ever asked for money. Have no worry for me."

Save and Question | Show
Looks like I got a 15 on trying not to get drunk but keep at a social level of drinking. Let me know if it's enough, but it seems not bad:
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st13459282
Additionally, is there music being played? Dancing? Just curious.
Side comment: The idea behind her toast is she thought it up in Elven then translated it, so it no longer had much lyric value. But, translated back, it might.

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Thu May 03, 2018 7:58 pm

The rat raises his mug to each toast in turn and laughs along with the crowd. He refrains from badgering the locals any further as the focus seems to be purely on frivolity.

Magical lights encircle those making their toasts and etherial bells chime along with the cheers that follow.

Tibbs blows a plume of purple smoke from his pipe that twists into the whispy shadow of a dragon, which then proceeds to soar through the rafters before plunging like a comet into the rat mage's tankard.


Actions | Show
Free:
Standard:
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] walking stick (arcane bond)

Pearls of Power: 4 / 4 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Burning Hands
Comprehend Languages
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Mon May 14, 2018 5:55 am

Ky'rie's disdain for public socializing hasn't been more apparent then now, as Ky'rie is the textbook definition of an introvert. However, he does his best to blend in with the cheering crowd, raising his mug at the appropriate time. He never liked how ale sat in his stomach, and it always summoned a quick headache too. He much preferred wine. Wine though, could get out of control easily too. In fact, Ky'rie never really drank more than two or three glasses in a sitting at most.

He sat at his table, quite content to be the elven wallflower.

Actions | Show
Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Perception: +3

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14 CMD:
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Grease
Open

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Levitate
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Open
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Mon May 14, 2018 10:23 pm

Later Evening - AzurestoneImage
After a couple of hours, Ootah had managed to nearly fill up one hollow leg and was working on her second. One of the farmers was continually refilling her mug with the tavern’s ale, appearing to match her drink for drink. He kept filling Tibbs’ mug as well applauding the purple smoke rings the rat was blowing. More patrons were joining the drinking contest with Ootah and Tibbs, but after an hour they were getting really drunk fast, probably because they had been drinking all day.

Snydus and Char were not left alone as the farmer continued to urge the pair to drink up whenever their mugs remained untouched for too long. “This is a celebration! Put the tools away and join in.”

“Yeah, don’t be so stiff. You could always go whittle any other time.”

Since Kyrie’s face showed what he thought of the ale, another of the farmers brought a carafe of elven wine. “I know you will like this better. It may not be the quality of your highness’s standards, but it is palatable.”

Wallflowers | Show
Everyone needs to roll Saving Throws since no one is being left to sit out the drinking while remaining in the tavern

Will Save to avoid getting drunk
Will Save to avoid further drinking after getting drunk
Fort Saves per hour to avoid passing out
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Herzog » Wed May 16, 2018 3:14 am

Syndus raised a mug at the witch's toast. It was certainly more eloquent then his own, rough toast. The farmers didn't seem to mind, however.

Time was beginning to blur as the alcohal from the ale began to hit the tiefling's system. Ale was flowing a plenty as new mugs kept appearing faster than the magus could consume. It seemed the intent of the tavern was to get everyone drunk.

Even Kryrie was getting wine that suited his tastes.

"Thats, that's a neat trick, Tibbs" Syndus slurred. His own speech surprised the tiefling, as he sat upright and blinked hard. Sydnus could tell he was on the boarder between drunk and merely drinking. He willed himself to only take small sips now and discreetly push back on further mugs being offered. Though his social ineptness, he couldn't outright refuse more drinks. Syndus also didn't want to embarrass himself by leaving the festivities.


spoiler: show
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=13496098#post13496098
Avoid getting drunk (24)
further drinking (8)
Passing out (18)
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3204
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Aura » Wed May 16, 2018 3:55 am

With a bit of a sigh, Char absorbs the scorn of the drunken farmer sitting opposite her. Lifting her sculpture in miniature to the flickering light of the Lattice Inn, she considers it carefully. With each increment, it looks more and more complete, although it still has a ways to go. "Might need some air," she intones quietly as she slips her things into her bag and rises, leaving her drink sitting, for now. With that, the witch meanders outside and finds a quiet spot to settle for a while, working more on her ratfolk statuette under moonlight.

Between fifteen minutes and a half hour later, Char returns, with as little fanfare as when she excused herself, scoops her drink off the table, and circulates around the common room, engaging in light conversation here and there, looking for a group celebrating more at her pace. A watchful eye remains on her friends as the young woman socially floats here and there.

stuff | Show
Floating around a bit and being ready to help get people to bed when the time comes, as she promised.

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Wed May 16, 2018 4:57 am

Seeing Char make her escape, Ky'rie couldn't appear to be ever more eager to follow her out. Once outside, he speaks to her in a quite exasperated tone, "Looks like it's going to be a rough night in there, eh? I think it's best if I turn in. Let the others know I'll be in my room?"

And that's what Ky'rie does. He solemnly marches back to his room in the inn, and unpacks his belongings for the night. He carefully takes off one of his pouches and opens it up. Out comes a scorpion! "Another unproductive day, sorry Benedict. Go find something to eat I suppose. I'm tuckered out. Wake me if I'm needed. Good night, old friend."

Ky'rie goes to sleep.

Actions | Show
Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Perception: +3

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14 CMD:
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Grease
Open

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Levitate
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Open
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Wed May 16, 2018 6:42 am

"That'sh too bad", Ootah sighed as she noticed first Char, then Ky'rie leave the party. Normally she would probably have joined them, but these were such friendly folk, and the ale was delicious and plentiful. She slapped her nearest farmer friend on the back again, raised her mug of ale and burst into song again:

"Eeeaaaaandddd .... under a mountain lived a troll, eey ah eey ah yooo...
And thish there troll he had a club, eey ah eey ah yooo..."

She revelled in the unexpected experience of being the life of the party, and showed no sign of slowing down.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Keep drinking and having a good time! (second Fort save a solid 27!
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... t13496440&#41;


HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Thu May 17, 2018 5:02 pm

The first couple of hours made Tibbideau think for a moment that he might actually be able to leg out the contest, but after 2 straight hours of hard drink the rat's gullet was beyond full.

Well thank you Syn, Syndus! I was trying to makes dancing girls but the magic said no!"

Realizing that he was on the brink of a black out, Tibbs slams his last empty mug on the table upside down, signaling his surrender.

"Blast it! Beaten at my favorite game! You lot are greater than I tonight! That's coin well earned."

Not wanting to turn in quite yet, Tibbideau stayed at the table and shared the good cheer of the party a bit longer.


Actions | Show
Free:
Standard:
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] walking stick (arcane bond)

Pearls of Power: 4 / 4 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Burning Hands
Comprehend Languages
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Fri May 18, 2018 12:20 am

Later Evening - AzurestoneImage
After Ky’rie retired the drinking continued. Ootha was really putting it away but yet had not succumbed to unconsciousness nor gotten sick and puked. Tibbs though reached his limit and stopped. As the last consumed alcohol entered his system, he soon fell asleep with his head cradled on his arms at the table.

Syndus had taken a slower pace than the others, but found himself drunker than intended. He was getting closer to passing out when Tibbs went to sleep. About 30 minutes later, both he and Ootah finally teetered and stumbled to the floor laughing at the whole situation. The fellow revelers joined in and asked if they wanted more to drink.

Both declined and passed out.

Char returned to the tavern and avoided the revelers for a number of minutes, but the crowd was not all that big and they found her again to bring her over to rejoin the fun. She was witness to the end of the drinking contest for her companions and was not looking at the three of them sleeping. It was about 1-2 hours before midnight.

The other drinkers were still going strong, leaving them sleeping where they lay. Seeing that the whittler was still not deep into her cups, the farmer asked, “Do you want help putting them to bed?”
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to Red Raven [PF]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest