RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Among the mysteries that surround the Fog Peak Mountains, perhaps the most fantastic is the legend of the Jarl of the North Wind. Supposedly, somewhere in these remote peaks, this supernatural sovereign dwells in a fabulous ice palace surrounded by a golden fortune rich enough to tempt even the most accomplished rogue. Whimsical and vindictive, he jealously guards his castle’s secret location and throws intruders into the icy maze beneath his treasury, dooming them to wander through the twisting passageways until they inevitably freeze to death.
Of course, most sensible people consider these tales to be little more than myth. After all, no form of magical divination has ever succeeded in finding this Jarl or his supposed palace.
But the stories persist, and through the years a surprising number of people have set off into the mountains to look for the fabled fortune; most of these were never heard from again. Most sages agree that although the Jarl and his fortune probably don’t exist, there is something in the mountains that makes them dangerous to explore. The stories remain popular, though, and every once in a while a traveler emerges from the wilderness claiming to have seen the Jarl, his famous treasure, and his infamous maze of ice.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Aura » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:50 pm

With a nod, Char heads over to the inn where the group's day had begun. With Tibb settling down at the hearth, the young witch seemingly agrees that is as good as place as any, and chooses a chair close by as soon as the opportunity presents. With a smile and a nod, she engages conversation with her friends and general village members alike, doing her best to remember people by name as her limited time in the village thus far would allow. If things slow down, she is not above whittling something in her spare time, her rough hands seemingly accustomed to working wood with a variety of sharp objects.

Actions | Show
Setting her drink limit to about 3 and head home timet o somewhat before midnight

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:17 am

Dusk - AzurestoneBack at the inn's tap room the party was still going on... or rather just a typical night in a local tavern with people drinking, rolling dice, and enjoying the occasional pinch of a barmaid's bottom. Amateur poets replaced the professionals as local drunks tried their abilities to recall bawdy limericks and songs.

Image
A couple of the local villagers, farmers by the looks of them, offered to buy a round of drinks for the group. Inviting them to sit at their table. They already had a small keg of the local ale tapped and ready go. One thrust a mug to Ootah, "You look to be a hearty lass. Come let us drink and be merry. I would wager a silver coin that you could not match me drink for drink, ha ha. And if you can, splitting the cost of the ale we drink even better as we shall be well and thoroughly drunk, eh."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Tibbideau stands bolt upright at the farmers overly familiar address of Ootah, his Orc blood boiling in his veins and war cries screaming in his head. He sways in place for a moment as if drunk, in truth quelling the bloodlust rising inside him.

Calm yourself fool! he cursed himself,

Hurry up and smile so they think you're not daft!

Tibbideau quickly flashes a tipsy smile and offers a short bow with an elaborate flourish at the end. He stokes his pipe on the hearth and then hobbles over to the farmers table, arriving closest to where ever Ootah is.

"You may find it hard to believe, but I also have a bit of a gift for the game of drink my good men!" Tibbs offers cheekily to the table.


Actions | Show
Free:
Standard:
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] walking stick (arcane bond)

Pearls of Power: 4 / 4 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Burning Hands
Comprehend Languages
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Aura » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:38 pm

Watching the near outburst from Tibb with a certain calm, Char points her wood handled, scoop-shaped carving tool at her fellows. With a calm, even tone, she speaks only one step from chastising, "Don't go make me drag butts to rooms again. Tibb, easy. Ootah, not so." Although the half-breed's mode of dress made it difficult to assess her physique casually, her group had witnessed on a few previous occasions she was strong enough to make good on her proposal.

With her statement made and almond-shaped eyes studying the wooden figure slowly taking form, Char proceeded with another stroke of her carving tool. Holding it up to the light for examination, it starts to become more apparent she's carving a ratfolk of some sort. Although not avoiding drink, it seems to be a secondary concern to the carver at the moment.

Actions | Show
Setting her drink limit to about 3 and head home timet o somewhat before midnight

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
Expenditures 5sp
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:01 pm

"Make some easy money? Sound like plan, ratman!" Ootah grumbles in broken Orkish at Tibbs as he approaches. Her grin widens as the farmers seem to be serious about engaging her in a drinking contest. The day had been relatively uneventful but this seemed like it could be entertaining, and potentially involve getting cheerfully drunk with the locals.

"Sure, why not?" she offers to their new drinking buddies, digging out a silver coin to show she accepts the wager. She sits herself down heavily at the farmers' table and drags over a second seat for Tibbs. She turns around and winks at Char, as if to say, "Don't worry, I've got this fully under control".


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Start drinking; not sure how this will be adjucated but Ootah has a 16 Con. PM to discuss as needed.

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:47 am

Content to be a spectator, Ky'rie retires to a chair next to Char and watch from afar. "Good luck guys!"

Actions | Show
Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Perception: +3

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14 CMD:
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Grease
Open

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Levitate
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Open
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Herzog » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:57 am

Syndus nursed a mug of beer as he sat with his companions and participated lightly in the conversation. It was his nature to be quiet and observer, rather than actively participate. But he wasn't a complete introvert.

When the local farmer came over and challenged the group to a drinking contest, the tiefling quickly declined. "No thanks, I like to avoid the resulting hangover." he said rather jokingly.

The magus eyed Tibbs and Ootah as they accepted the challenge. The half-orc, he was sure could hold her own. Tibbs, though. Something about the ratfolk manner seemed to indicating he was always drowning something at the bottom of a mug. Syndus hoped he would be ok.

"I'll help..." he muttered to Char as the witch warned against having to drag Tibbs and Ootah to their rooms at the end of the night.

Syndus nodded as Ky'rie added his own voice and wished the pair good luck.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:39 am

Evening - AzurestoneImage
The two farmers looked pleased about the acceptance of the contest. But with only two of the group joining them, one suggested, "Come, come, let's all drink." He and his companion picked up the table and moved it closer to the one the two elvenfolk sat with the horned one. If the farmers were prejudiced to other races, they certainly were not showing it.

Along farmer joined them calling, "Barmaid! We need another keg over here when you get a chance!"

One poured more drink into extra mugs and set them in front of Char, Syndus,and Ky'rie. "You don't have compete, but it is a festival, yeah!"

The other clinked mugs with Ootah and Tibbs, "Bottoms up!"
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:46 am

Ky'rie forces a smile as the mug is slapped down in front of him. He takes a sip and does his best to feign enjoyment. "Thank you!" He takes another sip, and makes sure to slowly nurse his drink as to hopefully prevent another dreadful mug from coming his way.

Actions | Show
Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Perception: +3

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14 CMD:
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Grease
Open

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Levitate
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Open
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Ootah finished her first beer with a flourish, wiping the dregs off her chin with a hairy back of her hand. She belched loudly as it settled in her stomach, then cheerfully nudged one of the farmers sitting next to her to pour her another. These townsfolk clearly were not so bad, once you got to know them, even though they did choose to magically ignore the cycle of the seasons within their village. "Good beer innit Tibbs?", she enquired of her companion. As idly chatting to strangers was not her strong suit, she chose to await developments, hoping that the rat-man could sustain a conversation she could contribute to. She idly wondered why these people were so friendly, and whether she remembered seeing any of them in the days since they had arrived here.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Continue drinking.

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Herzog » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:10 am

Sydus sat dumbfounded as a fresh mug of ale was placed in front of him.

"Ehh...Thanks.." he said. The tiefling hoped the farmers weren't offended. But it seemed they were already will into their cups.

The red skinned outsider finished his current ale, and began to sip from the fresh one. He glanced over at Kyrie and saw him slowly nursing his own. Best to play it safe, thought the magus. It very well be that they need to carry more than just Ootah and Tibbs back to the rooms. These farmers might hit the floor as well in their enthusiasm.

Something about festival certainly brought out the best in every one as Syndus watched the drinking contest.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:54 pm

Tibbs tips back the mug of ale which he finishes with surprising speed, considering his diminutive size.

"Right at that Ootah! Best beer I've had all day!

His belly now visibly distended, the rat smacks his tankard down on the table and calls for another pour.

Laughing and smiling now, Tibbideau flips his coin onto the table next to Ootah's and inquires of the lead farmer, the one who invited the companions to drink.

"These taps are the greatest challenge Ive faced in a season I'm afraid! What excitement have you men known as of late? Give me the legends, the rumors, your tales to astonish if you will!"


Actions | Show
Free:
Standard:
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] walking stick (arcane bond)

Pearls of Power: 4 / 4 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Burning Hands
Comprehend Languages
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:56 am

Evening - AzurestoneImage
The farmers thoroughly enjoyed the challenge laid down by the ratfolk man and the half-orc, immediately refilling the mugs as soon as they were emptied. Ootah recalls maybe seeing these farmers around at the festival. They were not the ones that cause trouble with the wives by betting on children though.

As things were going on, the farmer that was drinking beside Tibbs waved away the question on rumors and lore, "Bah, I am not bard, ya ken. Who cares what some fish-wife did or who her husband diddled, eh?"

Kyrie and Syndus, had another two farmers near them, cheering on the contestants and offering the half-elf and half-fiend cheers, "Tis a happy festival, drink up! Give us a toast or horned one!"

"Yeah, make a good one!" Half the tavern joined in on the request.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:30 pm

Ky'rie forces down a big swig (at least big for Ky'rie that is) and holds his mug up off the table and towards Syndus. He shares an encouraging smile of solidarity with him, but is secretly and eternally grateful they picked 'the horned one' and not himself.

Actions | Show
Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Perception: +3

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14 CMD:
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Grease
Open

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Levitate
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Open
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Herzog » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:13 am

Syndus was mid drink when he was asked to for the toast and the half the bar cheered on. Almost spewing mouth full of ale out, the tiefling quickly swallowed and glanced around frantically. On rare occasions of being put on the spot, he had always looked to his friends for a way out. But all he got from Kyrie was a helpless smile. The others were busy with their drinks.

"Ehh..." the magus muttered as he sit down as his ale and quick wracked his brain. There was no way out of this one. He quickly thought of those rare nights him and Kodlack would drink a pint at the old dwarf's cottage. There was something the old witch would say...

Picking up his mug, Syndus raised his ale and cleared his throat of the panic setting.

"Uhm..."

"May misfortune follow you always, and never catch up!"

It was the first thing that popped into his head.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

PreviousNext

Return to Red Raven [PF]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron