RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Among the mysteries that surround the Fog Peak Mountains, perhaps the most fantastic is the legend of the Jarl of the North Wind. Supposedly, somewhere in these remote peaks, this supernatural sovereign dwells in a fabulous ice palace surrounded by a golden fortune rich enough to tempt even the most accomplished rogue. Whimsical and vindictive, he jealously guards his castle’s secret location and throws intruders into the icy maze beneath his treasury, dooming them to wander through the twisting passageways until they inevitably freeze to death.
Of course, most sensible people consider these tales to be little more than myth. After all, no form of magical divination has ever succeeded in finding this Jarl or his supposed palace.
But the stories persist, and through the years a surprising number of people have set off into the mountains to look for the fabled fortune; most of these were never heard from again. Most sages agree that although the Jarl and his fortune probably don’t exist, there is something in the mountains that makes them dangerous to explore. The stories remain popular, though, and every once in a while a traveler emerges from the wilderness claiming to have seen the Jarl, his famous treasure, and his infamous maze of ice.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Aura » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:15 pm

Cocking her head up to reply to Ky'rie, the look on her face told the story before she could even speak. "No," Char began, "I heard archery. Must have mistaken." Her soft boot scuffs the ground as she kicks a small stone to the edge of the road where the group stood, before adding, "Food, puppets and watching, I think. Be with Ootah. "


Actions | Show
x

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:56 pm

At the festivalImage
Ky'rie was given a wooden stick with a few notches cut in it. It was a rustic tally stick that was simply a way to assign each contestant a number. Shooters were called in the order they signed up. The elven wizard was called right after the puppeteer and another shooter that had the appearance of a typical farmer who had a rather large head start on draining a keg of mead. The rules were explained and each was to take a turn shooting at each of the targets for three rounds. Each round had different challenge in distance, target size, and target movement.

The puppeteer proved to be better than average, hitting all three targets but not scoring high enough to break into the top 3 written in chalk on the leader-board slate. The drunk farmer only hit the first target and appeared to be lucky that he had not shot either himself or another contestant. But he had a good time nonetheless.

Roll Attack with Light Crossbow 3 times, add all three results together for one total score.
Circumstance Bonuses can be given for the total score (ie. Point Blank Shot) but I don't think Ky'rie has any that applies right now.

Image
Virkon was closely watching his booth and wares, explaining the various powers of the elixirs and concoctions. He had some that were to cure whatever ails you; be it poison, disease, bruising, cuts, and even the weather (50gp). He had other, more expensive vials (400gp) that could increase a man's strength, stamina, or virility. Another vial was supposed to turn one's tongue green (it was rather inexpensive at 1 gp).
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12539
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:05 am

After watching the puppeteer enjoy moderate success and the farmer fail with glee, Ky'rie positioned himself at the shooting line. Following one more cursory glance over his weapon, he loads his crossbow. He raises his right arm straight, squinting as he peers down the range at the target.

Twang!

There was no thud. Ky'rie's first was close to the target, but not close enough to even hit a poor score.

Well, Ky'rie, you are going to have to do a bit better than that if you want to make it to the next round!

Ky'rie loads the crossbow, focuses and shoots again.

Twang! Thud!

A nearly perfect shot in the center! Ky'rie smiles.

There, that's better.

One more time, Ky'rie loads, steadies, and fires.

Twang! Thud!

A mediocre shot hits the target a bit off-centre.

I hope my second shot is enough to put me through to at least the second round....

Ky'rie steps aside to let the next contestant take their turn. Grabbing his notched-marker stick, he meets back with whomever in the group is still in the event until he is called again. He jests to his friends, "Not bad for a just a wizard, eh?"

Actions | Show
Do we have to use our own bolts? Don't care, just want to mark them off if we do.

Total of 3 shots: 43 (7, 24, 12)
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st13203182
Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Perception: +3

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14 CMD:
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining
Crossbow Bolts: 10/10 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Grease
Open

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Levitate
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Open
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:37 pm

Ootah punched the air with her fist in excitement as Ky'rie's second bolt hit the target dead-center. "YESSS!!!", she shouted enthusiastically, "Good shot! Beat that!" It was clear that she was impressed at Ky'rie's prowess.

She nudged Tibbideau: "Whaddaya reckon the prize'll be? Those other guys stand no chance!" She eagerly looked across the shooting range to see whether anyone else might turn up to challenge Ky'rie's shot.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby Seftan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Feeling the warm radiance of Ootah's excitement wash over him in his mild haze,
Tibbideau smiles and smokes.

"I hope the prize is a contract of some sort, like a wardenship or the like. It'd be nice to stretch the legs."

Tibbs offers up his most enthusiastic huzzah! when Ky'rie takes his turn, his eyes scanning the crowds gathered to watch for interesting looking people the rest of the time.


Actions | Show
Free:
Standard:
Tibbideau's Mini-Stats | Show
Tibbideau's Character Sheet
HP: 26/26
Conditions:
Initiative: 4
Perception: 7 (15 <30' Scent) (5 sight only)
Scent: Detect Invisible within 5'
Darkvision 90'

AC: 14 Flat: 11 Touch: 14
Fort: 3 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Items In Hand:
[R]
[L] walking stick (arcane bond)

Pearls of Power: 4 / 4 daily

Sorc/Wiz Cantrips: Unlimited
S - Detect Magic
S - Detect Poison
S - Read Magic
W - Mage Hand
W - Penumbra
W - Prestidigitation
W - Ray of Frost

Sorc Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Enlarge Person

Wiz Level 1: 4/4 remaining
Magic Missile
Burning Hands
Comprehend Languages
Unseen Servant

Wiz Level 2: 3/3 remaining
Flaming Sphere
Knock
Invisibility
User avatar
Seftan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby sirfinn » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:47 am

Hugh soon lost interest in Virkon's wares. He couldn't afford them unless he won some contest.
Wandering over to where Ky'rie was using his crossbow in the archery contest.
Hugh grinned and signed up, bow, crossbow, why not a sling too.
Marking his name and then chalking threw stones so they would mark the target. He watched Ky'rie shoot.
"Nice work there Ky'rie."
"Let me show you how slings work just was well."


Placing the first stone, Hugh whirled the leather and it hit hard and near the centre of the target. He loaded a second and third time, each becoming less accurate.
"Not pretty but enough to bring down rabbits and targets not moving far."


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Join archery contest
Move action: fire 3 chalked stones
Standard action: Hit 26, 14 & 9 total 49

Hugh Sharpclaw
Male CG Catfolk Alchemist, Level 4, Init 3, HP 26/26, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 7, Will 1, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 3
Brace & reach Longspear +3 (1d8, x3)
Morningstar +3 (1d8, x2)
Sling (10) +6 (1d4, x2)
Chain shirt +1 (+5 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10
Condition Spontaneous Healing (Ex)
Benefit: The alchemist gains the ability to heal from wounds rapidly. As a free action once per round, he can heal 5 hit points as if he had the fast healing ability. He can heal 5 hit points per day in this manner for every 2 alchemist levels he possesses. If the alchemist falls unconscious because of hit point damage and he still has healing available from this ability, the ability activates automatically each round until he is conscious again or the ability is depleted for the day.

Ammo: 10 bullets
sunrods: 3
Spells Available:
Cantrips: 0
1st Level: 4
2nd Level: 2
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Aura » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Good to her word, the young witch Char stands with Ootah and Tibb, cheering Ky'rie on as he participates in the contest. After his slow start, she calls out in Elven, "You and the bow, there is nobody else." Her language is a bit rustic, but considerably easier to understand than her common. With each successive shot, she participates in the cheering, although her voice is largely lost next to that of Ootah.

The question of the possible prize comes up, and after Tibb answers the question directly, Char shrugs. "Be seen as best is prize," she begins, shifting back to common. "Might have some token, tho. Maybe picnic date with cute girl. Ky'rie could use it." Smiling like a cheshire cat, she turns her attention back to the next set of shooting as Ky'rie has his best successes yet.

With Hugh stepping up, Char pays attention as he offers his slingman-ship into the contest. Casting a wary eye over the event organizers, she cheers his shots but seems to have some concern.


Actions | Show
I'm not sure how they are about other weapons, Hugh

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:16 am

At the festivalImage
Ky'rie effort was not much better than the puppeteer's. The scorer announce that it was tied for 6th at the time, but the next group had a hunter named Saina Ikonen that shot a score of 57 and topped the leader board passing Jan Lekainen's score of 50.

The judges ruled that the feline slinger was free to test his mettle, but not allowed to officially participate. Though after seeing him score, they gave him some grudging respect as he pushed Ky'rie from 7th to 8th.

A few more shooters later had Ky'rie drop to 10th as the local favorite delivered as expected with a top score of 62. The awarded prizes were masterwork crossbow bolts, then number given based up the three winner's rankings. The #1 shooter also was given a fine looking quiver as well. Most of the contestants hanging around cheered and congratulated the winners, before they moved back into town to start some toasting with ale and mead.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12539
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:52 am

"Wow, what a shot!", Ootah cried in admiration as one contestant after another smashed Ky'rie's score, "Didya see that? Wait - didya see that? He just went an'... By the Bear Goddess, that's some amazin' shooting, that is! Those guys are something else!" She then looked down at the others, expecting them to agree, without giving any consideration to Ky'rie's feelings on the matter.

"What shall we do now? Happy to go wherever."


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Aura » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:48 pm

Although jarring, Ootah's natural exuberance has become a fact of life. After she heaps praise on the better shooters, Char agrees, "They are good. I thought of going out there. What silliness," she replies, a somewhat rueful tone to her voice. Shifting gears, she adds, "Thinking food and puppet show next." With that, the young witch looks down at her longbow, and then across the field at the targets. Sighing, she shoulders the weapon and prepares to move on.

Actions | Show
I'm not sure how they are about other weapons, Hugh

Mini Stats | Show
Char
Female Neutral Good Half-Elf Bonded Hedge Witch
Level 4, Init 1, HP 25/25, DR x, Speed 30'
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14
Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4
CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
- MW Comp Longbow (Str 12) (20 standard, 20 blunt) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
- Cold Iron Dagger (-) +3 (1d4+1, x2)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions None
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:57 am

Ky'rie claps Hugh on the back. "Not bad, not bad. Looks like you've bested me this time." The elf's contentment drops with each contestant, pushing him lower and lower on the score card. Once he has been eliminated, he regroups with all of his friends.

He smiles at Ootah's genuine and boisterous encouragement. "Thanks Ootah. Looks like your celebration may have been a little premature, however." Listening to Char's idea, he reaches the same conclusion. "Char, some food and the puppet show does seem rather splendid. Shall we all go?"

Ky'rie walks with others to grab a quick snack, and they head over to the puppet show.

Actions | Show
Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Perception: +3

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14 CMD:
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Grease
Open

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Levitate
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Open
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby sirfinn » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Hugh nodded to Ky'rie, "folk forget the humble sling is an effective weapon in good hands. Those rabbits last night came from its use."

"Anyway Ky'rie, we made the winner look more impressive with our participation. It be the sport of it, in this gathering."


Joining the group in heading for the food and the puppet show.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:
Hugh Sharpclaw
Male CG Catfolk Alchemist, Level 4, Init 3, HP 26/26, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 7, Will 1, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 3
Brace & reach Longspear +3 (1d8, x3)
Morningstar +3 (1d8, x2)
Sling (10) +6 (1d4, x2)
Chain shirt +1 (+5 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10
Condition Spontaneous Healing (Ex)
Benefit: The alchemist gains the ability to heal from wounds rapidly. As a free action once per round, he can heal 5 hit points as if he had the fast healing ability. He can heal 5 hit points per day in this manner for every 2 alchemist levels he possesses. If the alchemist falls unconscious because of hit point damage and he still has healing available from this ability, the ability activates automatically each round until he is conscious again or the ability is depleted for the day.

Ammo: 10 bullets
sunrods: 3
Spells Available:
Cantrips: 0
1st Level: 4
2nd Level: 2
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: RR: The Harvest Festival (IC)

Postby PMiller » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:55 am

At the festivalThere were various venders for food, some from local taverns and others from a few of the townsfolk’s kitchens. Prices were reasonable for full portions, but some of the locals were offering free tastes as they were showcasing their culinary talents.

Image
The puppeteer enjoyed a mug of a tasty beverage and then set about preparing his show. Meanwhile, there was another villager that was putting on an impromptu juggling act. He started with a few pieces of kindling and then worked up to using a few handaxes. He was not bad, occasionally dropping one and having to start over. He was careful and did not hurt himself.

Soon afterwards, the puppet show started. It was a local folk tale about The Red Raven. The puppet depicted a swashbuckling bandit, stylized as a hero. He was the scourge of wicked and evil nobles that sought to keep their subject downtrodden and poor. The hero was known for a red cloak and some red feathers adorning his visage. The puppet show was a bit silly with slapstick humor and a moron for a villain. The kids appeared to thoroughly enjoy it.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12539
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby FrancisJohn » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:54 am

Still full from breakfast, Ky'rie passed on the free sample offered by the vendors. The elf half-heartedly watched the ax juggler toss the weapons about, but he still threw three coppers in his bucket. Even though the puppet show was designed for children, Ky'rie still enjoyed the act for what it was.

After the show was over and the puppeteer was cleaning up, Ky'rie found his way over to the man. He handed him a silver piece. "Thanks for the entertainment! You had a good showing in the crossbow contest too!" Unable to find the words to carry him past the trivial small-talk, Ky'rie waves goodbye and rejoins the group.

Despite their quite unemployed stature, Ky'rie was in a rather cheery mood. Even though it has become a routine habit, Ky'rie asks anyway, "You guys know what spells I have worked up in my book.... Does anyone need a scroll?" There is a ritualistic monotony in his tone.

Actions | Show
Ky'rie's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
Summoning Chart
HP: 29/29
Conditions:

Initiative: +12
Perception: +3

AC: 14 Flat: 10 Touch: 14 CMD:
Fort: 2 Reflex: 5 Will: 4
Resist Fire: 5

Telekinetic Fist: 7/7 remaining

Cantrips: 4/4 unlimited
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Mage Hand
Open/Close

Level 1: 5/5 remaining
Liberating Command
Summon Monster I
Summon Monster I
Grease
Open

Level 2: 4/4 remaining
Levitate
Summon Monster II
Scorching Ray
Open
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: Lattice Inn (Pre-game IC)

Postby Sandstar » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:09 am

Ootah happily trailed after the others as they headed over to the food stalls and puppet show. When she spotted a roast potato vendor, she licked her lips and offered to buy one for everyone "because who doesn't like a hot roasted tater mid-morning??" The fact that she had just had a big breakfast seemingly did not bother her.

Munching away, she followed the others as they settled down in front of the puppet show. She found herself quite enjoying the puppeteer's performance, cheering and booing with the village children at the appropriate moments.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Buy roast potatoes for anyone that wants one.

HP: 42/42
AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 10
Fort: 7 Reflex: 1 Will: 6
Items In Hand:
[R] +1 Club
[L] +1 Large wooden shield

Conditions in effect:
Initiative: +0
Perception: +8
Darkvision 60'

Ammo: 20 bullets

Spells Available:
Cantrips: 4
1st Level: 4 (inc Domain spell)
2nd Level: 3 (inc Domain spell)

Abilities:
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

PreviousNext

Return to Red Raven [PF]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron