FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Image
A cataclysm of flooding was destroying the world, the waters to eventually rise and leave the mountains as islands scattered throughout. The gods showed the peoples floating ore and wizards spelled it to levitate. Some of the doomed cities and realms were able to salvage themselves by quickly magicking the ore in the foundations of their cities to float them into the sky. Now sailing ships float through air and winged mounts carry transportation and trade between the islands on the roiling seas and in the sky.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:41 am

Aboard The Lady SlipperThe Lady Slipper squirted out of the way from oncoming goblin skiff, causing Thad’s shot to lose a little accuracy. The large spear hit the goblin skiff’s hull at an angle to deflect off, but did not penetrate.

Image
The goblins continued to let the skiff glide forward with momentum, but the port side switched direction they were pushing the air, attempting to bring the bow around on its collision course with the Lady Slipper. The succeeded and the bow game around to point the skiff closer to a parallel course as the sky ship closed.


Combat Information | Show
Image

Round 7

Initiative Order
Goblin Grunts Forward - Queen Spades
Thad, Jakamo - 10 Clubs <--
Goblin Grunts Aft - 8 Diamonds
Leolamin & Boris - 8 Clubs
Kearyth - 3 Hearts
Captain Corsair - 3 Diamonds

Actions:
Forward Golbins

Enemy Combat Stats:
Goblins – Parry 5, Toughness 4
Goblin Skiff – Toughness 13; 1 Wound (Steering damaged)


Herzog is up Round 7
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12672
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Postby Herzog » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:30 am

Image Image

Thad cursed as the last shot deflected off the hull of the goblin skiff. The sailor was beginning to sweat now. Despite the Captain and Kearyth moving the Lady Skipper forward, the goblins were persistant buggers and still looked to be on a conclusion course.

"One more and they'll be along side! Make it count!" Thad growled to Jakamo.

"Can't miss at this range!" the other sailor replied.

Jakamo stood behind the ballista and fired another bolt into the side of the goblin skiff. However, the movement of both ships made aiming difficult...even at close range.


spoiler: show
Shooting d6 at closer goblin skiff: 4,10
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3249
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Aboard The Lady SlipperImage
The momentum carried the flying skiff forward as the aft-most goblins gave it one last pull through the air. Then they abandoned their fan-like oars to move towards the bow in a cacophony of war cries that had no intelligible words the crew of the Lady Slipper could discern. The two ships came together, but it was not a hard collision enough to damage ether vessel.

The goblins threw over grappling hooks from mid-ships and the ones in the bow simply placed them. They managed to get 4 lines across to help secure the two air ships together in preparation of pouring across the gunwales.

Image
Captain Corsair had a grim expression. "Very well, if it is a fight they want, let's give them one!"


Combat Information | Show
Image

Round 7

Initiative Order
Goblin Grunts Forward - Queen Spades
Thad, Jakamo - 10 Clubs
Goblin Grunts Aft - 8 Diamonds
Leolamin & Boris - 8 Clubs <--
Kearyth - 3 Hearts
Captain Corsair - 3 Diamonds

Actions:
Aft Goblins (7-12) moved the skiff, then threw over lines.

Enemy Combat Stats:
Fwd Goblins(1-6) – Parry 5, Toughness 4
Aft Goblins(7-12) – Parry 5, Toughness 4
Goblin Skiff – Toughness 13; 1 Wound (Steering damaged)


LMiller is next, then Kaeryth, then Sandstar (Corsair) for Round 7
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12672
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Postby LMiller » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Image
Leolamin kept calm as the skiff bumped into the Lady Slipper. He did not panic a bit, and sighed deeply.

"神よ,俺を見守ってください!" he said sprinted for the lines connected to the two boats.

Arriving there in a few seconds, the rakashan leaped onto the skiff with his claws ready. Leo landed softly near a goblin, and swiped his sharp claws. The startled goblin fell to the ground with the swipe to his neck, blood streaming down. He lay still, motionless.

"That's one down!" Leolamin shouted at his shipmates.

Boris got ready with his weapon in hand. He moved towards the goblins.

Actions for Leo | Show
move to AB8
Swipe claws at Goblin 7:(5,1) Damage: (4,4)


Actions for Boris | Show
move to AB7, and draw battle axe


Combat Information | Show
Leolamin Character Sheet

Defenses: Parry-6, Toughness-5
Bennies: 3/3
Power Points: 15/15
Wounds: none

Weapon in hand:claws
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Postby Kaeryth Klaern » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:02 pm

Kaeryth had braced himself for the impact and was almost startled when it wasn’t that hard. He’d expected to be thrown off his feet, or worse, thrown off the ship itself, but instead rocked back on his heels and was forced to take one staggering step forward. That was it.

He blinked and stared as the goblins swarmed forward, like a sea of giant insects. There were a lot of them, many more than their crew. It seemed they would be overcome by the tide of their sheer numbers.

Kaeryth had only minor magic: a spell that called a simple breeze, nothing more than a gust that could put out a candle and no more. It was only when the control stone amplified his magic that he could make any kind of impressive effect on the greater world around him. His other spells were an obscuring mist - one that might have been useful earlier, but was too late to deploy now. He also had bolts of magic he could throw, but he never had used them against living things before.

He supposed that would change, here and now.

Kaeryth held out his hand and focused his mind. He visualized the energy gathering in the palm of his hand then streaking outward. A glow gathered around his fist like a halo, burning red like flame. It burst out before he really realized he was loosing it, and it flew across the span of the two ships, splitting into three separate bolts of energy, arcing toward three different targets.

Two bolts slammed into two different goblins, the energy exploding in a bright flare. The goblins went down without a cry. The third bolt flew directly over the last goblin’s head.

Actions | Show
One action: fire 3 bolts, 1 each at goblins 1, 3, and 8.
Attacks:
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st12363264
Damage:
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st12363305

Goblins 1 and 3 hit for 9 and 7 damage, respectively.


Kaeryth stat block | Show
Character Sheet
Defenses: Parry 5, Toughness 6
Bennies: 3/3
Power Points: 7/10
Wounds: None.

Weapon in Hand: None


Lady Slipper stat block | Show
Current Speed: 0 yards/round
Acceleration: 0 yards/round
User avatar
Kaeryth Klaern
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:13 pm

Re: FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:16 am

Image

"Attack!", Captain Corsair shouted as the goblin skiff's bow crashed against the Lady Slipper. None of those pirates were getting their filthy paws on his ship!

His crew responded admirably, attempting to repel the invaders even before the order had been given,and the forward ranks of the goblins fell to their counterattack. Raising his longsword, the captain slowly and deliberately stepped onto the goblin skiff and over the blooded corpses, bearing down on the nearest goblin rower. "So you scum thought you were going to get lucky?", he snarled, "Well, how's this for luck?!" He swiped his longsword at the goblin, but missed due to the vessels' awkward movements. Must remember to be more careful about irony, a detached part of his mind suggested.

Actions | Show
Defenses: Parry , Toughness
Bennies: 3/3
Power Points: /
Wounds: none

Weapon in hand: Cutlass

Carefully move to AA8 (stepping over dead goblin)
Attack Goblin 2 (miss) (https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=240185&page=47)
Last edited by Sandstar on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:55 am

Aboard The Lady SlipperImage
The initial boarding action saw two of the goblins' lives cut short with another too shaken to move after a close brush with one of the magic bolts. But the goblin facing Captain Corsair, managed to parry the blow from the human swordsman.

The two ships slowed to a more stable floating as they were attached together with the ropes and grapnels the goblins threw across.


Combat Information | Show
Image

Round 8

Initiative Order
Leolamin & Boris - Jack Diamonds <--
Captain Corsair - 10 Spades
Goblin Grunts Forward - 9 Hearts
Goblin Grunts Aft - 7 Hearts
Thad, Jakamo - 6 Diamonds
Kearyth - 3 Spades

Actions:
None
Ships are not moving now so unstable platform penalty is no longer applicable

Enemy Combat Stats:
Fwd Goblins(2-6) – Parry 5, Toughness 4; #3 is Shaken
Aft Goblins(7, 9-12) – Parry 5, Toughness 4
Goblin Skiff – Toughness 13; 1 Wound (Steering damaged)


LMiller is next and then Sandstar (Corsair) for Round 8
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12672
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Postby LMiller » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:27 am

Image
"Atta boy, Leo!"

Boris sprang into action, leaping onto the other ship. He swung his battle axe from behind at a goblin that was facing the rakashan. His battle axe missed completely, hitting the floor.

Leolamin was excited that he killed one of those disturbing creatures already, and swiped at the goblin Boris tried to hit. The goblin is shaken from his swipe, startled.

Actions | Show
Leo:
stay put
Leo with his claws: (5,5) No damage.

Boris:
move to Z8
Boris With Battle Axe at Goblin 2: miss


Combat Information | Show
Leolamin Character Sheet

Defenses: Parry-6, Toughness-5
Bennies: 3/3
Power Points: 15/15
Wounds: none

Weapon in hand:claws
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:46 am

Image

"Oho! Not so fast!", the captain shouted as the goblin managed to evade his first sword swing. "By the gods, you will regret this! At them, men! Show them what the crew of Lady Slipper can do!"

Taking full advantage of the distraction provided by Leolamin, he swung his sword again, and this time the blade connected. The goblin crumpled to the deck in a bloody heap. "Alright! Who else wants some?!? Get yer hands off my ship!"

Combat information | Show
Defenses: Parry-5, Toughness-5(7)
Bennies: 3/3
Power Points: None
Wounds: none

Weapon in hand:Longsword – Str+d8


Actions | Show
Stay put.
Renew attack on Goblin 2: 5 (Wild Die - Hit, 6 damage; https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... t12369271&#41;
Last edited by Sandstar on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:53 am

Aboard The Lady SlipperImage
The Captain and the Rakashan cut another of the goblins down by ganging up on the little bugger. But Boris proved to be of little use as he stumbled crossing the gunwales to get aboard the goblin's skiff and it fouled his aim.

"Goblins cut! Goblins Slash!" The little cretins screamed their warcries as a few of the swarmed aboard the Lady Slipper while others tried to deal with the trio of longshanks that boards them. They drew their wicked little knives and carried short spears as they moved around.

They heedless rush to overwhelm the few number of crew on the human ship often spoiled their accuracy as they slashed wildly. One manged to slip a knife under Captain Corsair's guard, but his leather armor held and kept the sharp edge from cutting into his skin. Two goblins chucked their spears at Thad and Jakamo, but neither throw was any good as both sailed over them and disappeared overboard on the other side.


Combat Information | Show
Image

Round 8

Initiative Order
Leolamin & Boris - Jack Diamonds
Captain Corsair - 10 Spades
Goblin Grunts Forward - 9 Hearts
Goblin Grunts Aft - 7 Hearts
Thad, Jakamo - 6 Diamonds <--
Kearyth - 3 Spades

Actions:
Goblin 3, still shaken (Failed Spirit roll)
The golbins drew weapons, causing multi-action penalties
Only Goblin managed a hit, but failed to beat Captain's Toughness

Enemy Combat Stats:
Fwd Goblins(3-6) – Parry 5, Toughness 4; #3 is Shaken
Aft Goblins(7, 9-12) – Parry 5, Toughness 4
Goblin Skiff – Toughness 13; 1 Wound (Steering damaged)


Herzog is next and then Kaeryth for Round 8
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12672
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Postby Herzog » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:02 am

Image Image

Thad and Jakamo had been trying to reload the ballista for another shot. But the pair ran out of time as the two airships collideded with a bump. Before they knew, Goblins had boarded the Lady Skipper and confronted the sailors.

"Gah! Nasty buggers!" cursed Thad

Thad hastily drew his cutlass and took a slash at the nearest goblin. He needed to clear some room on the deck for his pike. The little green bugger was too nimble, and the sailor missed.

"Curses!"

Meanwhile, Jakamo drew one of his throwing axes and chucked it at one of the goblins just across the gunwale still on the goblin skiff. The throwing axe didn't make it that far as it fell short and buried itself in the gunwhale. The sailor said some very choice words.

GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3249
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Postby Kaeryth Klaern » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:51 pm

Kaeryth drew back as goblins swarmed on board the ship. It had happened so quickly, he’d barely had time to register the tide of them, flowing over the deck like a thick fog. There was shouting and sounds of battle all around, and somewhere in there was the captain’s voice, sounding distant, but still audible. He sounded brave.

Kaeryth knew he needed to be brave too, to be like the captain and yell out his challenges. Right now three goblins were closing on him. It wasn’t that bad. He knew he could take them.

“Come at me!” he yelled, then drew his knife and brandished it threateningly before plunging it at the goblin directly in front of him. He knew the others would be on him, but he wasn’t going to back down. His knife whipped through the air ineffectually, missing.

Actions | Show
Action 1 – Draw knife
Action 2 – Attack Goblin 6 with knife – (4)

https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st12386752


Kaeryth stat block | Show
Defenses: Parry 5, Toughness 6
Bennies: 3/3
Power Points: 10/10
Wounds: None.

Weapon in Hand: Knife


Lady Slipper stat block | Show
Current Speed: 8 yards/round
Acceleration: 8 yards/round
User avatar
Kaeryth Klaern
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:13 pm

Re: FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:48 am

Aboard The Lady SlipperImage
With the swarming goblins getting in close, the crew of the Lady Slipper was not able to quickly repel their counter-attack and the chaos of melee ensued. The little buggers proved agile and adept at knocking away the heavier weapons slashing and jabbing at them. Now everyone was involved and it was going to be a bitter fight of blades and claws.


Combat Information | Show
Image

Round 9

Initiative Order
Leolamin & Boris - Ace Diamonds <--
Thad, Jakamo - 7 Diamonds
Goblin Grunts Forward - 6 Clubs
Captain Corsair - 4 Spades
Goblin Grunts Aft - 4 Clubs
Kearyth - 2 Clubs

Actions:
None new

Enemy Combat Stats:
Fwd Goblins(3-6) – Parry 5, Toughness 4; #3 is Shaken
Aft Goblins(7, 9-12) – Parry 5, Toughness 4
Goblin Skiff – Toughness 13; 1 Wound (Steering damaged)


LMiller and then Herzog are up for Round 9
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12672
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Postby LMiller » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:03 pm

Image
"I should kill this time," Leolamin said breathing heavily but staying calm.

The rakashan swiped his claws at the nearby goblin, shaking him again. He was getting a little agitated.

Meanwhile, Boris swung his battle ax hard, but unfortunately missed-again.
Actions | Show
Leo:
stay put
Leo with his claws at Goblin 11: (3,7) Opponent is shaken.

Boris:
stay put
Boris With Battle Axe at Goblin 9: miss


Combat Information | Show
Leolamin Character Sheet

Defenses: Parry-6, Toughness-5
Bennies: 3/3
Power Points: 15/15
Wounds: none

Weapon in hand:claws
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FF: Serving with Captain Corsair [IC]

Postby LMiller » Thu May 11, 2017 2:39 pm

Image Image
Thad used his cutless and sliced at the nearby goblin. It sliced the torso in half, and the goblin lay motionless.

"Another one's down!!" shouted the crew member.

Jakamo kicked the dead body as he took out his war hammer.

spoiler: show
Thad hit for 10 dmg.
Jakamo draw war hammer and move to Y6
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Flight [Savage Worlds]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron