FF: OOC Thread and Discussions

A cataclysm of flooding was destroying the world, the waters to eventually rise and leave the mountains as islands scattered throughout. The gods showed the peoples floating ore and wizards spelled it to levitate. Some of the doomed cities and realms were able to salvage themselves by quickly magicking the ore in the foundations of their cities to float them into the sky. Now sailing ships float through air and winged mounts carry transportation and trade between the islands on the roiling seas and in the sky.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: FF: OOC Thread and Discussions

Postby Herzog » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:17 am

I think I am going to stick with Human for now...if that character dies or we start another Savage worlds came, i would consider Drakin. ANyway, human makes it easier to go with the concept I have in mind...(a aspiring pirate)

So for humans, we get the free edge and 17 skill points?
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:32 pm

For now, just the free Edge and 15 skill points. We can always add in 2 more Skill Points later.

Btw, the roll of an 8 is a Raise, so you get to roll +1d6 damage.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:11 am

Oops, sorry. The 8 was not a Raise as there was a -2 Penalty for unstable platform. But it makes little difference as the +1d6 damage I rolled still did not raise the 10 high enough to beat the skiff's toughness.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:09 pm

A few notes about Actions in Combat:
You can take an Action + Normal Movement every round. This feels like other games.

But for -2 penalty per Additional Action to your rolls, you can add more Actions as long you are not repeating the same one. For example you can attack with 2 weapons if you have one in each hand, not not with the same weapon twice.

With the boats coming together, unless anything changes they will come to zero speed on Round 8 from loss of propulsion. But for now, the Unsteady Platform (-2) is applicable to everyone on Lady Slipper and the Goblin Skiff.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:23 pm

The Dramatis Personae Thread has all the NPCs' weapons and skill listed for you guys.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby LMiller » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:11 pm

PMiller wrote:The Dramatis Personae Thread has all the NPCs' weapons and skill listed for you guys.

Thanks, now it's easier when doing NPCs :D
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby PMiller » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:18 am

Sandstar, when rolling the dice, you use the "e" as in 1d6ez for getting the dice to explode when they roll the maximum. Also, the "+" sign doesn't do anything when trying to add two rolls together. You just have to roll damage as [roll]1d6ez 1d8ez[/roll]

You also get to roll a Wild Dice since the Captain is not "an Extra" but considered a Wild Card just like the PCs. Wild Cards get the Wild Dice of 1d6 every Round and they can take 3 wounds before getting killed. The Goblins and other NPCs are killed after 1 Wound.

Also when drawing a Weapon, that is considered an Action for the Round and causes a -2 Penalty to an attack in the same round (unless mitigated with an Edge). Either way Captain Corsair missed since his attack failed to equal or exceed the goblin's Parry.

Kaeryth, you rolled 2d8 instead of 2d6 on damage. I edited in the correct rolls. 1 Kill and 1 Shaken. The goblins are all Extras, so if you beat their Toughness on damage by 4, you wound them. A shaken foe receiving a second Shaken takes a wound instead.

Also as you are looking at melee attacks this coming up round, there are Ganging up bonuses +1 for each additional ally adjacent to the foe you are attacking.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:55 am

Sandstar wrote:I get the Damage vs. Toughness comparison to assess extent of damage. So every time the goblin gets hit within 3 points over its Toughness score, he becomes Shaken?
Yes. This applies to everyone. Every 4 points over Toughness is a "Raise" and the target takes a Wound. Wounded Extras (i.e. The Goblins, Boris, Thad, etc...) are killed with 1 wound. Wild Cards (ie. Captain and the PCs) can take up to 3 Wounds before dying. See pg 77 on Deluxe Edition Rules.

Sandstar wrote: I am not yet quite sure I understand how damage is calculated in terms of deciding when the goblin dies (i.e. when sufficient damage has been done) - but Leo did not actually cause any damage, did he?
Since there are no HP in Savage Worlds, the first damage is often Shaken unless the Damage was a Raise. A Shaken character getting hit again for a Shaken result, takes a Wound instead and is no longer Shaken. Thus Goblins die if they get Shaken a second time without rolling to get out of being Shaken in between.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:00 pm

In training again this week. Npc me as necessary
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Herzog » Thu May 04, 2017 7:33 am

Sorry guys, i am going to have to on a bit of haitus. Work is slamming me right before I got out on paternity leave, and my wife is expecting any day now. I will try to resume a normal posting schedule once the baby is born and things have leveled out. I may squeeze a post in here or there...but we will see.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Fri May 05, 2017 4:19 am

Busy time here too with 5-day weekend full of baseball and volleyball. I will have to catch up where I can (and have energy to do so), who wants to run the NPCs Herzog was doing so we can continue? LM will not be able to do it before Monday morning, if he will even have time. He might have to do school work instead that day since he skipped two days of school for baseball this week.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Thu May 11, 2017 5:12 am

No takers on covering Thad & Jakamo?
I will try to see if LM will have time tomorrow morning then.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby LMiller » Thu May 11, 2017 2:26 pm

I'll do Thad and Jakamo.
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Herzog » Wed May 31, 2017 5:28 pm

I should be able to handle Thad and Jakamo the next time around.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:23 am

Herzog wrote:I should be able to handle Thad and Jakamo the next time around.

Good deal, I had hoped.

Kaeryth, you get to apply the Gang up bonus to the Wild Dice as well. And it was +1 for each of the allies adjacent to Goblin 3, so the Wild Dice result is actually 7. It was not enough for a Raise when compared to the Parry of 4 so it made no actual difference this time. But I thought you all should know for the future. 8)

LMiller is up for Leo and Boris. Boris is Shaken, but can roll Spirit Check (d6) to recover.

Rules on Recovering from Shaken | Show
On their action, a Shaken character must attempt to recover
from being Shaken by making a Spirit roll:
Failure (1-3): The character remains Shaken. He can only
perform free actions.
Success (4-7): The character is no longer Shaken, but can
still only perform free actions.
Raise (8+): The character is no longer Shaken and may act
normally.
Spending Bennies: A player may spend a Benny at any
time to remove his Shaken status. If it’s currently his action,
he may act as if he gained a raise on the Spirit roll.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Flight [Savage Worlds]