FF: OOC Thread and Discussions

A cataclysm of flooding was destroying the world, the waters to eventually rise and leave the mountains as islands scattered throughout. The gods showed the peoples floating ore and wizards spelled it to levitate. Some of the doomed cities and realms were able to salvage themselves by quickly magicking the ore in the foundations of their cities to float them into the sky. Now sailing ships float through air and winged mounts carry transportation and trade between the islands on the roiling seas and in the sky.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: FF: OOC Thread and Discussions

Postby PMiller » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:57 am

Sandstar;
Don't forget that if you beat their Parry by 4 that is a Raise for +1d6 damage, every 4 more above that is an additional Raise. I edited your dice roll post on MW to put in the additional damage. You actually did 19 damage. :)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:49 pm

Kaeryth, you do have the option to use a Bennie to cancel the shaken condition and act normally.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Kaeryth Klaern » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:58 pm

Thanks, Boss! I did not know that. Great option to keep in mind. I will edit.
Kaeryth Klaern

Postby PMiller » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:37 am

Kaeryth, Goblin 7 got killed by Leo, so I moved you and had you finish off the shaken Golbin (G11) instead.

I rolled Jakamo & Thad's Spirit Roll checks and they failed. Round is updated and we are starting Round 12.

Sandstar is up with Joker (that provides additional bonuses of +2 for Skill/Trait Checks and +2 Damage. :) ), he can technically go whenever he wants in Initiative. But I would assume he would want to go first in this case.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:23 am

Back in the game now, tho it looks like combat is nearly over.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:51 am

Yeah, I should have just rolled the two Spirit Rolls awhile ago. Even if they were to succeed Jakamo and Thad would not have any actions.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:28 am

Sandstar and Herzog, with combat over I resumed the RPing of the NPCs.

You two should be working on your own characters so we can begin a new scene when you are ready, bringing them on board as part of the crew. We might not keep all three of the NPC Extras.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sandstar » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:20 pm

Just stuck a preliminary version on the Dramatis Personae thread, based on our earlier discussions. Any comments, please let me know!
Sandstar
Hero
Hero

Postby Herzog » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:39 am

I think i am going to bow out. My posting is very unreliable at this point. I don't want to hold things up like I already have.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:58 am

I understand. Though later you can always join if things change.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:56 am

Alright. Since we are proceeding with 3 and summer is essentially over, I need to move this along to revitalize it. :mrgreen:

In looking at Elford, the harpoon can be allowed, but the damage is limited by his Strength Die. Throwing weapons cannot do more damage than the throwers strength. In this case, the Harpoon is rated at Str+d10. But Elford’s Strength is d6, so the damage is dropped to Str+d6.

In moving forward, let me know if you all want to make any changes based upon our first ship-board combat. One thing that could be very beneficial that everyone lacks is the Steady Hands Edge. It eliminates the -2 Penalty on attack rolls for moving vehicles.

Next, I will be randomly selecting 1 character (out of three) to receive a chance at a free Benny for the next chapter in the game. See Interludes in Chapter 4 (pg105 of my book). How it will work is I draw a card for that random player and the suit will determine the type of event (Tragedy, Victory, Love, or Desire) in their character’s backstory they will share IC for the group.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sandstar » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:31 pm

PMiller wrote:Alright. Since we are proceeding with 3 and summer is essentially over, I need to move this along to revitalize it. :mrgreen:

In looking at Elford, the harpoon can be allowed, but the damage is limited by his Strength Die. Throwing weapons cannot do more damage than the throwers strength. In this case, the Harpoon is rated at Str+d10. But Elford’s Strength is d6, so the damage is dropped to Str+d6.

In moving forward, let me know if you all want to make any changes based upon our first ship-board combat. One thing that could be very beneficial that everyone lacks is the Steady Hands Edge. It eliminates the -2 Penalty on attack rolls for moving vehicles.

Next, I will be randomly selecting 1 character (out of three) to receive a chance at a free Benny for the next chapter in the game. See Interludes in Chapter 4 (pg105 of my book). How it will work is I draw a card for that random player and the suit will determine the type of event (Tragedy, Victory, Love, or Desire) in their character’s backstory they will share IC for the group.

Thanks for this - I will edit my character sheet accordingly. I like the suggestion of the Steady Hands Edge given how the recent combat went - so I might replace the McGyver Edge if that's alright.
Sandstar
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:50 pm

Yes, quite alright. Everyone can make changes now that we have learned to play a bit.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sandstar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:02 pm

I'm on a business trip until the middle of next week and I don't know how good my wifi access will be - please NPC as needed. Apologies!
Sandstar
Hero
Hero

Postby Sandstar » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:36 am

Hi all, I know this game is in a holding pattern just now, but just in case, I'd like to let you know that as of Tuesday Nov 21, I'm away on holiday until the middle of December and I don't know how good my wifi access will be during that time - I'll post as usual where possible, but please NPC as needed. Apologies!
Sandstar
Hero
Hero

Previous

Return to Fantasy Flight [Savage Worlds]