SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

A What-If Star Wars universe where the Empire is ruled by the Jedi Council, and the Rebellion is fronted by the Sith. Everything is familiar, yet totally different, as the Sith-led Rebellion battles the Jedi Order for the fate of the Empire.

Moderator: Herzog

Re: SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

Postby Herzog » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:44 am

Image

Taanaos's lightsaber slashed and cut deep into the mothers side. The beast howled in pain, a screech that echoed throughout the jungle forest. The wound would have been fatal on any other creature, but the mother's size made up for it's toughness to continue the fight. The energy of the lightsaber cauterized the slash as well, preventing the deathclaw from bleeding out.

Despite it's injuries, the Deathclaw mother attempted to rake Taanaos with both it's claws. The recent wound hampered the beast as it lashed out.

The other juvenile pressed Samara despite it's near fatal wound. It pounced at the rebel with both claws taking a swipe.

Player Info | Show
Mara: Agility D10, Health D10, Armor D20
Riet: Agility D10, Health D10, Armor D8
Samara: Agility D8, Health D12, Armor D20
Taanaos: Agility D12, Health D20, Armor D6
Forces in Effect: Dark Presence (Taanaos)


Incoming Attacks | Show
Tannaos attacked with 10, 10
Samara attacked with 11, 3


Enemy Info | Show
Deathclaw1 Mother: Agility D12, Health D10 d12 d20, Natural Armor D12d20 d30 - Engaged with Taanaos
Deathclaw2 Juvenile: Agility D12, Health D12 d20 d30, Natural Armor D12 d20 d30- Engaged with Samara
Deathclaw3 Juvenile: Agility D12, Health D12 d20, Natural Armor D12d20 - dying
Deathclaw4 Baby: Agility D20 - minion dead
Deathclaw5 Baby: Agility D20 - minion dead
Deathclaw6 Baby: Agility D20 - minion dead


Every one up for the round
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

Postby Taanoas » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:34 pm

Image
More used to her speed, Taanoas nimbly dodged the mother beasts attacks spinning in for what he hoped would be a killing or at least disabling blow.

spoiler: show
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=329006&page=7
Taanoas
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:42 am

Re: SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

Postby Mara Aragone » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:25 am

Image
Mara didn't have to worry about the deathclaw coming after her any more, and that freed her to help against the others. With both Samara and Taanos whirling around in a melee dance and apparently winning, she thought she might be able to add her pistol shot to help finish one off faster.

Unfortunately the need, or desire, to know catch her companions accidentally spoiled her aim. The pulse wave pistol's discharge flashed past the juvenile beast that was still trying to get Samara. At least she had not accidentally hit Samara.


Actions | Show
Attacked with Pistols 10 v. 2 to miss.

Rolls
User avatar
Mara Aragone
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Outer Rim

Re: SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

Postby Samara » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:18 am

Samara cursed at the ferocity of the deathclaw as it attacked her with everything it had. She easily dodged the first strike, but failed to bring up her lightsaber to block the second swiped of claws.

The claws penetrated the rebel's armor and ripped a gash in her side. It was not fatal, but deep enough that medical attention would be needed later.

With adrenaline pumping, Samara retaliated with a yell. She struck back quickly with her lightsaber. The energy blade plunged into the deathclaws chest, ending it's life.

Combat Block | Show
Agility D8, Health D12 d20, Armor D20
Lightsaber attack d10
Force Suite: Force Lightning (darkside) (d12!),Move Object (d12!), Fear (darkside) (d20!), Phase (d20!)

Dodge for incoming attack: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11812901
Attack on juvenile: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11812901
juveniles health rolls: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11812933
Samara, a witchy Witch
User avatar
Samara
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Re: SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

Postby Herzog » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:27 am

The mother failed to dodge out of the way of Taanaos lightsaber. It's natural armor did little stop the weapon as it slashed across it's torse opening the chest cavity. With a thud and whimper, the mother collapsed to the ground, dead.

Samara had finished the other deathclaw seconds early. Now the jungle was eerily quiet. THe local wildlife was silent. The steady rain and labored breathing the only sounds to be heard.

Player Info | Show
Mara: Agility D10, Health D10, Armor D20
Riet: Agility D10, Health D10, Armor D8
Samara: Agility D8, Health D12 d20, Armor D20
Taanaos: Agility D12, Health D20, Armor D6
Forces in Effect: Dark Presence (Taanaos)


Enemy Info | Show
Deathclaw1 Mother: Agility D12, Health D10 d12 d20, Natural Armor D12d20 d30 - dead
Deathclaw2 Juvenile: Agility D12, Health D12 d20 d30, Natural Armor D12 d20 d30- dead
Deathclaw3 Juvenile: Agility D12, Health D12 d20, Natural Armor D12d20 - dead
Deathclaw4 Baby: Agility D20 - minion dead
Deathclaw5 Baby: Agility D20 - minion dead
Deathclaw6 Baby: Agility D20 - minion dead


Combat over
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

Postby Serest Riet » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Image

In the silence that followed, Riet remained still. Rain hit her helmet and shoulders and back, running down the slick metal surface of her armor. The rain itself was enough of a roar to mask all but the most obvious of sounds. She waited to see if more creatures would emerge snarling from the jungle. One second, two. Then ten. Moments ticked by, punctuated by nothing but rain. The dar’jetii prowled restlessly below.

She clicked her commlink on their assigned frequency.

“Anything?”

Riet eyed the limp bodies of the creatures below. Was it strange they had attacked the probe droid? Was it strange that they attacked their group? She wondered if it was normal behavior for such creatures, or if it pointed to something else – some other kind of disturbance in the area, one that might disrupt normal nesting patterns and cause family groups to be displaced.

She considered this as she waited for the dar’jetii to respond.

spoiler: show
Survival (as it pertains to predator behavior) (11)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11817690
Serest Riet
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:06 am

Re: SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

Postby Mara Aragone » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:56 pm

Image
Mara kept her pistol in hand as she came around the tree. The smoking ruins of the beasts no longer a threat. "Nice and efficient. Any one seriously hurt?" Not that she was carrying a medpac or knew first aid.

She reached out with her senses, feeling for more of the death claws or any other living bodies. Connected to the Living Force, she could feel the presence of her companions, but nothing else.

She replied, "That appears to be all of them."

"They must be rather territorial about their nest or hunting grounds."

Actions | Show
UtF 5, Perception 6
Rolls
User avatar
Mara Aragone
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Outer Rim

Re: SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

Postby Taanoas » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:47 pm

Image
Taanoas reaches out with his senses as well scanning for any further threat and nods in agreement with Mara's assessment. He deactivate and puts away his lightsaber. "We should examine the nest and the droid to see if there's anything else unusual to discover. Otherwise I think our work is done here."

Taanoas
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:42 am

Re: SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

Postby Samara » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:47 am

Samara paused and felt out with her senses as well. She didn't sense any other threats, and nodded in the other's assessment. The threat was over.

The rebel deactivated her lightsaber, and her hand went immediately to her side. It came away with blood, and the pain started it hit now that the adrenaline was over. But the wound didn't feel life threatening.

"Bleeding, but fine." she said calmly. The pain was bearable. Samara would be checking in at the base's infirmary when they returned. She had a feeling they would all need to be in fighting shape. The destroyed droid was evidence of that.

Rain dripped down the woman's face as she moved closed to the destroyed droid.

"Think we should try to pull the droid's memory banks or the like? I am not familiar enough with such methods, nor if it would be worth it in the end. The mere presence of the droid is telling enough."

Combat Block | Show
Agility D8, Health D12 d20, Armor D20
Lightsaber attack d10
Force Suite: Force Lightning (darkside) (d12!),Move Object (d12!), Fear (darkside) (d20!), Phase (d20!)

Perception: Perception (3)
Samara, a witchy Witch
User avatar
Samara
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Re: SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

Postby Herzog » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:53 am

Neither Mara or Taanaos detected any more life forms via the Force approaching the crash site. It seems the Deathclaws and the fight scared off all but insects.

Examining the crash site, you once again note the smashed eggs and such near the impact of the droid. Likely it landed in the deathclaw's nest while the pack was out hunting or some such. It could easily explain the scratches and dents in the machine that were noted earlier.

Samara's closer look didn't reveal anything new. She essentially was able to confirm that the deathclaws destroyed the droid, probably shortly after it landed. She didn't have the technical skills to access the droid memory banks.

Reit wasn't sure on the predatory nature of the deathclaws, but could easily surmise they would not have been happy about having their nest destroyed.

Throughout the fight and now, the rain never abated. It still was a steady beat in the forest, as wild life slowly picked pack up it's routine. Death had come to the jungle forest and taken it's toll.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

Postby Mara Aragone » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:12 pm

Image
Mara was neither a medic nor a mechanic. She frowned as she replied, “I did not even take a medpac to put in my utility belt. I suggest we get some of those from Supply before we head out for patrols again.”

She was going to need a good tailor too to repair her clothing if she wanted it to look as good as new. Her own efforts would be amateurish.

“Sorry, I know nothing about mechanical things. But pulling the data storage would be a good idea. Maybe we will just have to try taking the whole thing if we do not know what we are doing,” She suggested.
User avatar
Mara Aragone
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Outer Rim

Re: SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

Postby Serest Riet » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:47 am

Image

“I have a medpac,” Riet said.

She unclipped it from her utility belt with swift efficiency, and stepped to Samara’s side. She quickly worked to disinfect the wounds and bind them so Samara would not continue to bleed. She was not particularly gentle, as she went for efficiency instead of comfort.

“There you are,” she said, stepping back. “No open wounds to attract other predators.”

She turned to the others.

“I am not familiar with droid systems either. We could try detaching the head with the assumption that the memory banks are stored there, but that is not a guarantee. If it does not slow us down overly, we might as well just take the whole thing.”
Serest Riet
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:06 am

Re: SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

Postby Samara » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:22 pm

Samara moved her hand from the wound as Reit used a medpac to tend it. She bit grunted from the sudden spike of pain as the antiseptic spray hit the open wound. Then there was numbness as the localized painkiller set in. In a few short minutes, the rebel was not bleeding, and her wound was dressed.

She nodded her thanks to Reit as the armor clad mercenary stepped back and stowed the remainder of the medpac. The other woman was right about not wanting to attract more predators.

"Well, we've confirmed the impacts as command requested. Since none of us have the technical skill to tamper with the droid, should we drag it back to base?"

The rebel eyed the remaining arms on the droid. They could sever them if needed to make thing lighter.
Samara, a witchy Witch
User avatar
Samara
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Re: SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

Postby Taanoas » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:58 pm

Image
Taanoas considered the droid, guessing it's weight fairly significant to be sturdy enough to make it this far. Not a bad suggestion to drag it back, though perhaps impractical. He didn't have the ability to move objects as some other Force wielders did. Perhaps they'd be able to lighten the load.

"Good idea if we can get it there. I'm a bit concerned though about the weight. Do you think the bridge would survive it's crossing being drug behind us?"
Taanoas
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:42 am

Re: SM: Soggy Boots [IC]

Postby Mara Aragone » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:07 pm

Image
Mara nodded in agreement. "Very well, then. We should take it with us," said the lithe Zeltron that would be little use in carrying it.

"Though, you could use that lightsaber to remove parts that would obviously not be important to recovering data. Those actuators, for example. Maybe the propulsion unit too."

"A little application of the Force could aid us in getting the droid over the chasm without risking to carry the weight across the bridge," Mara replied after Taanaos.
User avatar
Mara Aragone
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Outer Rim

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars: Shattered Mirror [The Window]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest