FR: Back in Business [IC]

In the harsh reality of the 2070s where profit is the most important mistress, the bigger the metroplex, the deeper the shadows. In the cracks between the giant corporate structures, criminals of all shades find their homes. When the megacorps want a job done but don’t want to dirty their hands, they turn to the only people who can pull it off: shadowrunners, deniable assets.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:46 am

Sybil nodded as Xanadu turned down the job. His explanation of a lead on his sister was all she needed to hear. The platinum haired elf knew enough about Xanadu that finding anything about his sister took top priority. She didn't begrudge him at all for taking that over the job.

"Good luck and let me know if you need anything," she said in reply. Sybil then waved the elf goodbye as he turned and split off from the group. She truly wished him well, as he was a true friend.

The elf mage barely saw her friend off before the her and the remaining runners were greeted by a dwarf. He was dark skinned, and seemed to know what was going on. Of course, the runners meet with MacAllister was probably hardly a secret. Especially with the attack of Mercurial.

He was persistent, even after Vixen had informed them they were already on a job. But his explanation was intriguing.

"Not exactly. Though nothing is ever simple when quoted as 'hardly any extra' work."

The elf mage wasn't about to accept anything without hearing more details. And then she was also taking the lead from her now fellow runners.

Sybil took a quick deep into the astral to look at the dwarf. The magical attack had her cautious. And the knowledge of the run was more than coincidence.

spoiler: show
Assensing d10: 8


Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12, Sorcery d8
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:04 am

Image

Vixen paused, soaking in what the man had said. His body language was non-threatening but his words were disturbing, to say the least. Vixen regarded the man steadily, but his expression was hard to read with those big shades of his.

“All right,” he said, slowly and evenly. “Since you seem to know what’s the what, I won’t deny it. But I’m also not going to discuss details of another client’s business. I assume you’d want the same if we took on a job for you.”

He paused, then continued talking.

“I have to ask how you know what you know, though. I’d like to hear about that before we discuss more details of your job.”
Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:07 am

~ Wednesday: Around 21:55 ~

Sybil was not able to see any special magical presence with her astral sight. The dwarf was no magician.

Image
The dark-skinned dwarf smiled as he chuckled, "Now, I cannot reveal my sources of information, you surely don't expect me to, do you? But I knew MacCallister was was hiring some runners to find Fiona and I just had to wait for them to come back out of the club."

He slowly pulls out a business card to hand to Vixen, "Besides, you three have runner written all over you to those that know how to spot them. You're certainly not a bunch of wagslaves or corpers going clubbing. You might as well have it tattooed on your foreheads."

"I represent the Atlantean Foundation." The business card had his name as Laurent Nazaire.

"My only interest in the woman Fiona Craig is tracking down in an item she was having smuggled into Seattle. I have no interest in the woman herself. So when you find her, I am prepared to pay for the item if you find it as well and give it to me."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12579
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:15 am

Image

Franz looks around, are we that obvious? Perhaps I need some new clothes for meeting in public? he scans the surrounding area for anyone else trying to approach the team.

spoiler: show
dice rolls: (perception and streetwise)
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st12284963
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:23 am

The dwarf was not connected to the magical attack from earlier. That Sybil could tell from the Astral plane. The man was not a mage either from what she could tell. That made her a feel a bit better. Despite the dwarf pointing out that they all looked like runners.

But that came crashing down when dwarf announced his affiliation with the Atlantean Foundation. It took an extreme amount of will not to react or reach for her choker. Sybil had made an enemy of the Foundation in another city. Hopefully, the Seattle branch hadn't heard. Or the dwarf was making no indication. Either way, contact with the Atlantean Foundation was not good.

"What sort of artifact? Is it big, small, unwieldy?" Sybil asked innocently enough.

The job the dwarf was offering was not binding though. If they happened across the artifact, they would return it. If they did not find it, too bad for the Foundation. Easy to say, Sybil reminder herself, as one who's already pissed them off.

Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12, Sorcery d8
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:24 pm

Image

Vixen took the business card. It was a real card, made from paper or maybe some kind of plastic. The words were written in some antique-looking font; Vixen ran his gloved thumb over the surface, and found the letters slightly raised. Old school, for certain. He didn’t know anyone who still used analog business cards. Most digital cards still had the trappings of physical ones, skeumorphic in design, so he’d known immediately what it was. Even so, he found it an interesting affectation. He wondered if it said more about the man, or the organization he worked for.

“I catch you,” he said with a nod. “That’s fair.”

He held the card in his hand and studied it a moment more, then tucked it away. Hopefully there wasn’t a tracker inside, but if there was, he had some ideas about that.

“Regarding the item, I’m sure you don’t want to give us specifics before we accept the job. But still, we’d need to know up front if there’s any chance it could somehow be part of her – a cyberlimb or organ, say – or something she could smuggle internally, in her own body. Either would present a problem for the woman when we tried to retrieve the item.”

He paused.

“Second question: are you offering this to us as an exclusive, or is it open to others?”

Vixen was particularly interested in the answer to the second question. He studied the man closely, watching for any tells.

Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:24 am

~ Wednesday: Around 21:55 ~

Image
Laurent answered Sybil, "The item is a fist-sized shard of obsidian. I imagine she would have it on her person... unless she stashed it someplace. if she doesn't have it, then I hope you can persuade her to tell you where it is."

He looked to Vixen, "Unless she has some really extraordinary mods, I doubt she has made it apart of her body or anything of the sort. I certainly hope she has not stashed it in an orifice either." He made a disgusted look at the idea. "But, I am not asking you to harm for my sake or as part of the job itself."

"I have not contacted any other runners, either. I do not intend to at this time, and I hope I should not need to."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12579
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:16 am

Sybil nodded as the dwarf gave a brief description of the artifact. It was obsidian, and that definitely meant magic. She would have to do some digging later to see what kind of artifacts are usually made of that material. As far as her past conflict with the Atlantean Foundation, the dwarf continued to act ignorant of the fact.

Vixen had the forth right to find out about any other runners contacted. Laurent seemed confident that the trio would be sufficient. After all they had already agreed to find the woman. Sybil had a suspicion that the woman's disappearance might have to do artifact.

"I hope she doesn't have it in a body cavity either, " the elf grimaced.

"What's the pay?"


Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12, Sorcery d8
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:53 pm

~ Wednesday: Around 21:55 ~

Image
Laurent appeared to be content that the negotiation had moved along to discussing fees. He probably saw that as as good sign. He lowered his voice some and pulled out a white noise scrambler.

"Just a little precaution in case someone is eavesdropping. I can probably afford 2000 nuyen a piece for the recovery of the shard. That is a good deal considering you are already making a decent amount to just find the woman in the first place."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12579
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:21 pm

Image

Vixen nodded.

“All right, that all sounds fair. Can we have a moment to discuss this between ourselves?”

He gestured for the others to move off with him down the sidewalk, and to duck into an alley. He doubted the distance would really make much of a difference if the dwarf was using some kind of high tech surveillance equipment, but at least he wanted to break line of sight if the man was spying magically. This Laurent Nazaire knew way too much about their biz for his comfort.

“Okay, guys, what do you think?”

He looked between Franz and Sybil. Franz he knew and Sybil he didn’t, but he supposed they were a team now.

“I’m a little concerned at a potential conflict of interest. Say this item is the reason why the woman went missing, and say we find her, and it. Then our Mr. Johnson would want the item back. Now we’re working for two people who want the same thing. Conflict of interest.”

He shrugged.

“I’ll go along with the group consensus, but I’m leaning toward not taking the second job, myself.”
Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:19 pm

Franz follows Vixen round the corner;

"I say we agree; if she's got it on her we hand it off to him. If our original Johnson actually wanted it we simply claim she didn't have t when we picked her up, she obviously doesn't want him to have it, and then he sends us off to get it. We'll know where it is and then it will come down to who wants it most!

But, saying No would be simpler; if less lucrative!"
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:52 am

Sybil kept her expression neutral at the payment about. 2000 creds was good chunk of change for potentially just having to find the woman. Of course, the archelogist would likely not want to part with the artifact, and that would be whole new set of problems. The elf was still on the fence on rather taking the additional job was a good idea.

The elf bobbed her heard as Vixen suggested they have a short discussion amongst themselves. It was prudent, and she stepped over to were the other two had huddled. She listened to the concern of Vixen and the conflict of interest. She couldn't disagree.

"Indeed. This could be a very sticky situation..."

Sybil tapped her lips in thought.

"Perhaps we tell our friend here that payment would be upon delivery of the artifact. If we can't or unable to part the artifact from the archeologist or there is a conflict of interest, we would have a way out. If we can get the artifact away, then it would be easy money."

The elf shrugged and looked at her two runner companions.

Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12, Sorcery d8
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:53 am

Image

Vixen looked at Sybil.

“Isn’t that essentially what every runner says when they take a job? ‘We think we can do it, but sure, there’s always a chance we might not be able to. If we don’t deliver, you don’t pay.’”

He shrugged.

“It’s cool though, guys. I’m a team player. It sounds like you both are open to doing it, so let’s go ahead and agree. If there’s a snarl, we can deal with it then.”

Vixen headed out of the alleyway and back to where their contact waited.

“All right. We’ll take the job,” he said, shortly. “No money up front. We’ll contact you when we have news.”
Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:37 pm

~ Wednesday: Around 22:00 ~

Image
Laurent did not appear to be annoyed by being made to wait. If he was, he changed his tune and looked satisfied with the answer from the runners' pow-wow.

"Fair enough, then we have a deal." He offered his hand to shake.

"You have my contact information. When you recover the item, just let me know and we can coordinate the exchange. Happy hunting."

The dark-skinned dwarf, walked on past the trio to continue down the sidewalk in the same direction he had been heading when the group spotted him. At the next intersection he turned the corner and was lost from view.

Now with two jobs in hand, the runners needed to start looking. There was not much information to start their search. They had a name, Fiona Craig, and they knew she flew into Sea-Tac sometime yesterday. The question now was where to start.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12579
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:46 am

Over the team comm channel Franz asks,

"So what now? All we have is a name and a rough time/place. Do we need to do a background search, look at camera feeds, or something? I'm no hacker; I can send messages and order pizza, but anything else is beyond me. This might be the proverbial needle in a rainy haystack!

Shall we at least head somewhere we can plan that isn't on the streets? Even just a McHughes would do."
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

PreviousNext

Return to First Run [Shadowrun/The Window]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron