FR: Back in Business [IC]

In the harsh reality of the 2070s where profit is the most important mistress, the bigger the metroplex, the deeper the shadows. In the cracks between the giant corporate structures, criminals of all shades find their homes. When the megacorps want a job done but don’t want to dirty their hands, they turn to the only people who can pull it off: shadowrunners, deniable assets.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Image

Vixen had opened his mouth to ask Xanadu another question about the dragon, closed it, then tried to frame a question in his mind instead. He was still struggling to be mentally articulate when strange holograms appeared in the hall ahead. After a second, he realized they weren’t holograms, but couldn’t say how he knew. They felt present in a way that holograms were not, somehow taking up space even if they weren’t physically present. Or maybe they were physically present and he just didn’t understand how it worked.

Immediately, he activated the homing command on his bike. Over in the VIP parking he’d paid a pretty penny for across the street, the bike’s engine would flare to life, and it would exit the lot, riderless, and head for the club. It might take a few minutes to get to him, depending on how many doors it had to squeeze or burst through, and if it was truly barred from getting to him, it would notify him and idle downstairs until he issued new commands.

Gotcha, he sent back to Xanadu.

He turned toward the crowd and tried to hustle them away: “Quick! The exit is that way! Come on, we gotta get out of here before Lone Star shows up!”

His words seemed to be lost in the general hubbub as some people gawked, uncertain if what they were seeing was staged, or if it was real. Vixen fumed and cursed to himself.

Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:08 am

Indeed, Sybil merely replied in agreement of the MC being a dragon. It was very curious indeed. It could mean something for the upcoming run, or merely coincidence. Only time would tell.

As for familiar with Mercurial and the singers music, the tall elf shook her head as the group exited the both. "First I've heard of her music, though my other...half is probably aware of the artists. It is more her style."

The elf mage followed the others out the both as the conversation fell silent. It was time to meet Mr. Johnston and find out about the jobs. Following after Xanadu and her potentially newfound allies, Sybil eyed the surroundings. They had come back stage to meet the Ork fixer. It seemed they would also have a chance to meet the singer herself. Interesting indeed...

But Sybil's thoughts were cut short by the appearance of spirits. Those holding signs of protests and such. Every one began to react!

"Protests! Or something more? " she commented to her companions.

For her part, Sybil did some quick assensing. With all the magic protections in place, the elf didn't think she be able to tell much. She also attempted to see if there was anything she could tell about the summoning.

Others of the group were already trying to disperse the crowd from potential danger. Something the elf definitely approved as she readied herself for conflict.

Rolls | Show
Assensing: 1
Conjuring; 7
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st12115260



Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:09 am

~ Wednesday: Around 21:33 ~

Image
Daze was out of his element, unable to really deal with spirits and the like. With bodyguards drawing firearms from the opposite side of the commotion, it looked like bullets were going to be heading in their direction if someone started shooting. He called out, "Hey, we need to get out of the way here!" He tried to flatten himself against a wall.

Image
MacCallister cussed and started trying to move the superstar farther away from the angry spirits. With the bodyguards holding a rear action, he had at least two barriers to block their progress.

The two chromed bodyguards likely had smartgun adapters and did not appear to be worried about collateral damage as they started taking controlled shots.

Image
The crazed spirits were fully manifested in the material plane, but the connection to the astral was still there. They were no longer just apparitions and could be harmed by physical contact, as well as cause physical harm. The mana bolt exploded in their midst. It appeared to nearly incapacitate one of them, but only frazzled the others.

Smartgun bullets impacted into the one that stopped advancing after Xanadu's magical attack. It appeared to slump to its knees, then disappeared. Bullets impacted another, but it only staggered to the side. The other two continued their advancing after the superstar. Getting closer, they spit at the two bodyguards, the globules making a sizzling sound like acid where it hit.. On only got a drop, but the other got a nasty corrosive burn from the apparition spittle.

Whatever crowd that was trying to get looks backstage from behind the shadowrunners, they were far enough back to barely even see what was going on. The few that could see, pointed and started getting exited about the commotion. However, not tried pushing past the security barrier to get a better look.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12564
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:18 am

Sybil flinched as the apparitions proved to be more than a simple protest. Shots were being fired, and magic was being flung around. And the crowd was just beginning to notice the commotion. THe elf mages assesnsing didn't appear to give any indication of where the spirits came from. But witnesses them throw acid at the body guards was enough to cause Sybil to move to action.

"Start looking around for a mage! They may need line of sight!"

For her own part, Sybil followed her friends lead. She flung a manabolt at one of the two apparitions advancing on the bodyguards and superstar.

"Hey! Over here you coyotes!"


Rolls | Show
Sorcery: 4
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st12138751



Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:00 pm

Image

Vixen caught Sybil’s shout about the mage.

He hadn’t seen a mage himself, but that didn’t mean there wasn’t one. He wondered if that meant that the person was invisible and nearby, monitoring the action. Could a mage simply conjure spirts and let them wreak havoc, or did he need to concentrate on them to keep them present? Vixen had absolutely no idea, and there was no time to ask Sybil or Xanadu.

He’d also heard Daze shout that they needed to get out of the way. That was good thinking too, since the bodyguards were definitely shooting first and not bothering to ask questions later.

He stepped to the side, pressing his back to the wall. His bike was still on its way, and would probably take a few more moments to get here. He could deal until then, and try to be useful.

His eyes swept the room, looking for anyone who seemed to be hidden – or any telltale signs of someone hiding.

Rolls | Show
Perception – (7)

https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st12149219
Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]n

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:38 am

Franz hears the shouts of his companions and realises that he is caught between the bodyguards and their intended targets. He follows the lead shown by Vixen and presses himself against the wall and starts to move away from the spirits.
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Xanadu » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:13 pm

Xanadu uses his Astral sight to trace the line of magic back from the summoned spirits to the controlling Mage or to spot the Mage outright. Thinking he has found the right individual he sends a Manaball at them, but in the effort to make sure he doesn't strike a civilian, the shot goes wide of the Mark.

spoiler: show
Assensing: 3
Sorcery for Manabolt: 10
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st12155113
User avatar
Xanadu
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:07 am

~ Wednesday: Around 21:33 ~

Image
Daze crouched and hunkered down once bullets and magic started flying. There was nothing else for him to do at the moment. "Geez, we should have asked to keep our weapons at least. We never even thought to try."

Sybil's manbolt fried the coyote apparitions and it screamed in pain from the crackling magical energy that engulfed its back. It crumpled from the expended energy adn appeared to shrivel like a raisin until it disappeared with a popping sound.

Vixen and Xanadu could see no sign of a controlling mage around in the physical or astral plane. There was a ver thin connection line with the remaining spirit, but it faded after a few meters and could not be traced anywhere except straight up. And there was nothing up in the ceiling rafters.

The two chromed bodyguards continued to snap off controlled shots.

Image
The remaining spirit got closer and spit on the chromed guard on the left, some acid slightly burning the guy's arm. But his partner shoved the muzzle up of his weapon up against the side of its head and blew coyote brains all over the wall. The last of the creatures was down and disintegrating.

Image
MacCallister had continued moving Mercurial away from the oncoming spirits, putting some distance between them and getting the singer around a corner. He remained there looking at monitored the situation. "We clear?" he called out down the hallway.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12564
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:26 am

Sybil couldn't help but smile as her manabolt fried one the apparitions. Just as quickly as they appeared, the coyotoes had been destroyed with a combination of magic and bullets. The elf was also pleased that no innocent bystander got hurt. Sure, the body guards suffered some burns, but that came with the job they are paid for.

"Every one ok?" Sybil called out to her newfound teammates.

"I think we are clear!" she shouted back to MacAllister. The orc had poked his head out from behind cover of a corner.

"I am going to see if I can detect any more magic. Might be difficult with all these people, but never know."

Pulling on her inner strength, the elf cast her detect spell and began to spin around slowly to see what she discovered. Her range wasn't great, but at least it would cover the immediate area.

Rolls | Show
Detect magic, standard: [url]=https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=12172421#post12172421]4[/url]



Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12, Sorcery d8
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:10 pm

~ Wednesday: Around 21:33 ~

Image
MacCallister nodded and called back, "Alright, stay there."

He spoke in lower tones with the chromed bodyguards and Mercurial, leaving the shadowrunners on there own for a minute.

Sybil was not picking up any magical auras or anything related to the apparitions. Whatever or whoever had sent the frazzled looking coyote caricatures had covered themselves from discovery.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12564
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Image

Vixen cancelled the order to his bike, setting it to idle where it was instead.

He carefully peeled himself away from the wall and looked around. How the fight had been ended, he didn’t know. Magic, true magic, was far beyond him, so he was glad that two of their new companions had skill in that area.

A lot of skill, apparently.

He walked back to Sybil, watching her concentrate. Her gaze was unfocused, somewhere in the middle distance. She didn’t even seem to be aware of his presence, so he took that as a cue that he should pay attention for her. He glanced around, wary.

“Good job, you guys,” he said to both her and Xanadu. “Dunno what you did, but it sure worked. Did you learn anything from what happened. Is there such a thing as, I don’t know, astral forensics?”
Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:40 am

Franz lets out a breath that he hasn't realised he had been holding!

"I've never felt so under prepared! Can we get on and get out of here so we can grab our gear?"

He turns to McAllister and asks, "are we likely to face more magic threats? We might need to make other preparations if we are?"

He stands alongside his companions in a subconscious show of force.
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Xanadu » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:48 am

"Ok, here," Xanadu responded and is glad to see the others nod their agreement.

"Thanks," he added in response to Vixen's compliment. "Nothing I could find. Whoever did this was good. Pretty much no trace. At least I couldn't find anything."

Xanadu heads over towards McAllister, stopping at a respectful distance if he senses any of them grow uncomfortable with his presence. "Anything else we can do to help?"
User avatar
Xanadu
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:28 am

Sybil let out a frustrated sigh as her detection failed to reveal anything knew. If Maven was here, she would have said it was a waste of time to check given the amount of magic security measures in place. Some one good enough to bypass all of those, would cover their tracks well enough to not be detected.

"Nope, I'm not finding anything either."

The elf returned to the others and gave a smile to the Vixen.

"I tried looking into the Astral early and found nothing. Same with just now. Checking for magic. But it's difficult to tell...And with the spirits destroyed, there isn't anything left to check.

Sybil shrugged her shoulders apologetically.

"Perhaps some one more skilled would be able to detect the subtle traces in the Astral plane."

"Any way you have a point. This place is too exposed and has too many bystanders. We should move some where else quickly...perhaps MacAllister has a better place in mind."


Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12, Sorcery d8
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:13 am

~ Wednesday: Around 21:40 ~

Image
MacCallister was talking with Mercurial and the chromed bodyguards. The two hulking men escorted the singer away, likely continuing on to a rear entrance so she could make her covert exit from the club.

The ork gave Xanadu and the rest his full attention and approached. "Hoi chummers!" He called out. "This way, please." He motioned to a door just to their right. Inside was a small room with a table and a handful of chairs around it. It was a tight squeeze, but everyone managed to get inside and sit down. Once the door was closed, the roar of the music and crowd cut off thanks to soundproof walls.

"Thanks for pitching in back there. It helped and made me look better in front of Mercurial. I hope you enjoyed the show."

"Anyway, let's talk biz. I need some runners to find a woman who’s gone missing. However, I don’t have much information for you to go on. Her name is Fiona Craig, she’s an archeologist who just arrived in Seattle last night on a flight from Greece, obviously she doesn’t live here> She up and vanished, missing a couple of meetings she was supposed to have today. Mister Johnson wants her found ASAP."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12564
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to First Run [Shadowrun/The Window]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest