FR: Back in Business [IC]

Image
In the harsh reality of the 2070s where profit is the most important mistress, the bigger the metroplex, the deeper the shadows. In the cracks between the giant corporate structures, criminals of all shades find their homes. When the megacorps want a job done but don’t want to dirty their hands, they turn to the only people who can pull it off: shadowrunners, deniable assets.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:02 pm

Image

Vixen looked between Franz and Daze and shrugged.

“I’ll back whatever play you guys have in mind,” he said, in a low tone, though he kept his body language casual, so it didn’t look they were standing around planning something nefarious. “If you want to try to get your stuff through, maybe we can think of something. Do you think they’ll accept a bribe? Or we could leave and go get flowers or something, and try to sneak in as delivery people.”

He paused, looking over at the line, which seemed to be growing by the moment.

“Maybe we’ll get lucky and someone will try to sneak something in while we’re standing here, so we have an idea of how they handle it.”
Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:35 am

"If security is this tight no one else is going to be armed I'll just pop back and check the taser and head in through. Sometimes you be just got to roll with the punches!"

Franz heads back, checks the taser and rejoins his friends in the line, ignoring any looks of protests from those nearby.

"okay; let's get in there shall we?"
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:55 am

Sybil smiled as Xanadu had thought of her sensibilities. She took the offered ginger ale and the bass blockers. The other elf was a true friend.

"Thanks. I shouldn't have expected the place to be loud and brought my own. But than again, I don't club on a regular basis."

The crowd was packing in tight, and the runner wondered how their contact was going to find them.

"As for people of interest, I thought I spotted a trio of others that seemed out of place. But hard to saw. The dwarf seemed to be the type, but his companions I didn't get a good look at."

Sybil looked around to see if that trio had made it through the MAD scanner. But it was hard the place getting crowded with every passing minute. The platinum haired elf turned around and glanced at the bouncer controlling access to the boths. Then she begin to wonder...

"Think our contact reserved a both?" she asked the other elf, gesturing to some of the boths along the dance floor.

Before wanting for answer, Sybil shrugged her shoulders. "I'm going to ask. Worse they can say is no."

Beelining for the bouncer controlling the access to the booths, Sybil left Xanadu to follow if he choose. Approaching, she wondered if her appearance would work against her. Oh well, she was not the fashionable one.

"Say. Is there a booth for MacCallister?" She asked the bouncer.

Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:19 am

Image

“All right. I’m good.”

Vixen queued up with Franz and Daze. They would be in line for a while, but it seemed to be moving steadily at least. People lined up for the scan, were scanned, then waved through. Everyone he had observed so far either hadn’t tried to sneak in so much as a switchblade, or hadn’t gotten caught. One of the two.

They could only hope that nothing would happen at the meet, but you never knew. Their recent experiences with the unreliability of Johnsons had taught them a thing or two, not that they necessarily needed the lesson.

He jammed his hands in the pocket of his jacket as they moved forward incrementally. Already the crowd noise was getting so loud normal conversations were difficult.

“So how’d the week treat you guys? All healed up?”
Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:39 am

~ Wednesday: Around 19:05ish ~

The bouncer directed Sybil and Xanadu back towards the lobby, "See him over there, he'll take care of ya."

Just inside the club after coming through the MAD Sensor, there was a long hallway that led to the restrooms. There was also the foot of a spiral staircase that was next to the entrance of the main bar area. Another hulking bouncer was stationed there.

The main bar area was getting packed as the six bartenders were starting to get really busy. The tables were packed in tightly as possible with a number of patrons already hovering around like vultures, waiting to claim any table that went unoccupied for even a nanosecond. Towering over the seating area was “the Beast,” an enormous ten-meter high, bald and bulletheaded statue that had served as the unofficial mascot of Underworld 93 for over two decades. Lasers shot from the statue’s eyes, smoke billowed up around it, neolux tubing running the length of the statue bathed it in an eerie neon glow, and holograms and AR wrapped the sculpture in glowing, flashy effects. From its belly, a massive speaker blasted out music.

Sybil and Xanadu took a minute to work their way back out of the main bar area to the next bouncer, right about when Vixen, Daze, and Franz made it through the MAD Sensor.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12140
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Xanadu » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:23 am

Xanadu smiled at the other elf. "You're quite welcome." After listening to her comment about the booths he shrugged. "We were told afterwards, but you may still be right about a booth." Watching the crowds press in he realized as soon as they stepped away the table was lost. Ah well. he thought. Keeping Sybil comfortable or at least as comfortable as possible would be good for the meet. He understood that a booth would be less packed in and give her a bit of a buffer. Plus, it'd be slightly shielded from the noise. He hadn't quite figured out what triggered the different personalities, though he did his best to get along with both of them. It was always good to have someone else to speak Sperethiel with. English was fine, but just not as natural.

Xanadu followed Sybil from the table and through the initial conversation with the bouncer and back towards the lobby. He noticed the other three men that Sybil had pointed out when they first came through and nodded at the bunch, continuing to move gently to the beat. He was nursing his beer now given how backed up the bar was. If he could get another he would, though that one would be more for show. Keep a clear head would be important
User avatar
Xanadu
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:13 am

The bouncers answer was better than a no, though Sybil to herself. Her thanks to the big bouncer was lost in the noise of the club. The runner turned and began to head towards the staircase they had been directed.

"Yes. But than again, worse they can tell us is to wait. If I had to wait, I rather wait some where quieter and less crowded, " she said afterwards to Xanadu

The elf was grateful for Xanadu's friendship and concern for her will being. It was hard to have friends like that, especially with her...condition. Never mind the fact of the dangerous occupation the two shared. Shadowrunners where not a trusting bunch under normal circumstances.

Sybil took sips of her ginger ale to get it down to a level in the glass as to not spill it. She then lead the way through the crowd of the bar area, dodging clubbers left and right. Glancing around, she spotted that the trio finally made it through the MAD scanner. If they were runners, Sybil and Xanadu would be seeing them soon.

Reaching the stair case and yet another bouncer, Sybil cleared her throat.

"Party for MacCallister?" she asked.

Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:50 am

Suppressing a sigh as their small group make it through the MAD scanner and in to the main room Franz looks around to see if he can find the others that he clocked earlier. He spies them making their way across the dance floor and, on a whim, starts to follow them.

He just catches up with them in time to hear the name McAllister; he says to the guy on the door

"Yeah, McAllister party of 5."

He makes no effort to make contact with the two he had followed, the better to appearto be a single group for any onlookers.
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:34 am

~ Wednesday: Around 19:05ish ~

The bouncer consulted someone through the ear piece and was heard to say, "Yeah, five o' dem... Got it."

He stepped aside and unclipped the red rope that sort of blocked off the stairs, gesturing for the group to come through. After the last passed, he clipped the rope back in place and led the way up the stairs. At the top there were a series of catwalks that connected a number of balconies and booths that were attached to the walls and hung suspended over the stage and dance floor. The bouncer escorted the group to catwalk that led to an empty one that provided a decent view of the stage and dance floor. There was room for all of the runners.

He stepped aside and said, "That one's yours. Waitress cum by ta git drink orders." The bouncer turned and headed back down stairs.

The stage itself was set in the far south wall, and huge video displays and state of the art AR displays provided dizzying imagery for Emerald Cacophony, a local SynthMetal band playing as a warm up for Mercurial. On the huge dance floor, bodies writhed to the music.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12140
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:40 am

Franz looks around at the booth and the club in general trying to make a note of the various exits in case they need to get out quickly. Then he sits down and waits for the waitress; ordering a tall gin and tonic and settling in for the wait.
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Xanadu » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:28 am

Xanadu unconsciously moved a bit with the music, feeling the beat and enjoying the concert. He scanned for anyone interesting or out of place on the floor below. The bartender he spoke with earlier was moving at a frenetic pace though appeared calm. Apparently this was normal for her. He turned back and regarded his companions especially the three newcomers as he took another sip of his beer. It really had been a great recommendation. "Hey, have you tried the Storm Sound, Black Label, Draft yet? It's a really good beer. I'm Xanadu by the way." He smiled invitingly at the others. They'd certainly do introductions once MacAllister got there.

Though he wasn't finished with his first one, he ordered a second when the waitress came around. Who knew when she was going to be back. He scanned the waitress and the others astrally to see what he could pick up about them.

spoiler: show
Assensing: 4 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=240185&page=38)

Strength d12, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom d8, Magic d12, Luck d12
Health d12
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, weapons in concealed compartment on the bike
User avatar
Xanadu
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:16 pm

Image

Vixen nodded to the fellow who greeted them.

He saw a tall elf with straight black hair and fine features. The guy looked like a trideo star, with perfect skin and flashing white teeth. He spoke in an urbane way, his accent cultured. Franz had indicated that they join this elf and his friend, another elf, this one female. Her hair was as pale as Xanadu’s was dark.

“Vixen,” he said by way of greeting to them, with an upnod.

Vixen had a minor amount of fame from being on the eponymous trideo show; sometimes he got recognized from that, though more often not, especially as time had gone by and the trideo show Vixen had become more associated with metahuman discrimination, rather than equality. He was a human male in his late twenties with brown skin and long dark hair worn tied back in a messy knot. He wore an armored leather jacket, beaten-up and weathered, repaired in spots, and heavy leather biker boots.

“This is Franz and Daze,” he said, of his companions. “I guess we’re all here for the same thing, huh?”
Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:47 pm

Franz sits in the club in a set of coveralls covered with pockets, mostly empty at the moment; they seem loose on him, as if they are often worn over bulkier garments.

He reaches forward to shake hands, having to lean quite far due to his dwarfism stature. The light flints off the lenses of his cyber eyes as he does so.

"Forgehammer, friends call me Franz; I do medical and extraction, whatever happens to you I can get you out."
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Xanadu » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:11 pm

Xanadu left Sybil to introduce herself, better for her to decide what to share. He inclined his head in acknowledgement of Vixen's upnod and took Franz' hand when offered. "Nice to meet all three of you. We weren't sure who else was invited. I'm usually invited to handle negotiations, information gathering and social infiltration. When not doing that I can help with team communication, guard against prying spirits or locate specific individuals."
User avatar
Xanadu
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:27 am

Franz nods;

"Tech and magic eh? Not many folks are in to both; and a smooth talker too, you are obviously a man of many talents. I mostly keep teammates in one piece and deal with obstacles in a quick, but noisy fashion. I can put people back together after the job too if needs be."
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

PreviousNext

Return to First Run [Shadowrun/The Window]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron