FR: Back in Business [IC]

Image
In the harsh reality of the 2070s where profit is the most important mistress, the bigger the metroplex, the deeper the shadows. In the cracks between the giant corporate structures, criminals of all shades find their homes. When the megacorps want a job done but don’t want to dirty their hands, they turn to the only people who can pull it off: shadowrunners, deniable assets.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Xanadu » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:37 pm

Xanadu waited in line then once passed inside approached the MAD scanner without hesitation, the gear that would trigger it hidden in his bike. He wore a high collared long sleeve shirt made of some silk-like material, with broad intricate trim around the stiff collar, down the front and at the end of his sleeves. This over loose fitting black pants tucked into black leather biker's boots. He smiled at Sybil as she crossed the lobby knowing this wasn't really her scene.

"I'm going to get a drink from the bar. Want anything?"

spoiler: show
Sorry for jumping the gun. If you could leave my post a bit longer until we get another post or two in, I'd appreciate it. I may want to pull out details or sections depending on what Sybil wants to do.

Separate question: Were all 5 of us bunched up temporarily where the two groups got a look at each other or not really? Just trying to see if we'd have a reason to interact before the meet, even if it's not as known quantities.
User avatar
Xanadu
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:18 pm

Franz shook hands with his two old friends,

"Good to see you guys again; life's been pretty quiet recently. You been here before? Not really my scene normally? What about this MacAllister we're here to see; heard of him?"

Despite himself Franz is excited, the baseline that can be heard even this far out is buzzing inside him and firing something up. He adjusts his audio dampeners to reduce it somewhat, but not remove it completely.
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Image

“Franz.” Vixen shook Franz’ hand with a smile. “Good to see you too. I dunno about you guys, but I’ve been taking it easy this past week.”

He rubbed his shoulder ruefully. It was still tender to the touch, and had some interesting scars, but a visit to the doc had helped. Maybe it wasn’t at 100% yet, though. He actually hadn’t expected to get back to work so soon. But money was money.

He paused, considering Franz’ question. Now that he’d mentioned it, the name did sound familiar, though Vixen hadn’t even considered that he’d know the guy before. He searched his memory, but gave up after a few moments, simply shaking his head.

“I don’t think so…but it sounds familiar for some reason.”

The line to the MAD scanner caught his eye, and he nodded toward it surreptitiously.

“You guys packing?”

spoiler: show
Knowledge (metahuman rights movement) (20)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11820412
Vixen
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:21 am

Sybil began to worry when the bouncer radioed in when she dropped MacCallister's name. She wondered what she was getting herself into, and if there was going to be trouble. In the end, the bouncer waved her in. Shortly afterwards, Xanadu found her.

The elf mage smile as she greeted Xanadu. He was dressed suitable for clubbing, unlike herself. The elf's hair was done up in a single braid that when down to almost to her butt. She was simple, dark navy long sleeve vneck shirt, and black pants. Both loose enough to wear over her armor that she could wear. The rest of the FFBA suit was locked up in her scooter, along with her sword. On both her wrists were her two magic foci, plus the choker around her neck. Definitly not a concert goer outfit, and Maven would definitely disapprove. But she was not here.

"Good to see you, Xanadu"

"Eh, no thanks." she declined on the other elf's offer. What she would want to drink, a simple ginger ale, would likely not be available. Maven, of course, would have asked for alcohol of some sort. Enough to get a buzz and get them both in trouble.

"See any one we know?"

The elf mage glanced around the crowd in the lobby. She didn't immediately recongize any one. She also eyed the MAD scanner and the line forming up for it.

Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:22 pm

Franz was happy to see his friends, and casting a professional eye around the room there were a couple of folks who didn't quite fit in either. He hadn't seen them pass through his clinic, nor worked with the before, but he could guess they were fellow professionals trying to earn a crust.

"I've got my taser in the back of my belt, not much else; I left lost of it back at the shop and traveled light. You gonna check yours? Or do you think Daze can futz the MAD long enough for us to get through?

Catching the eye of one of the other runners he gives them a professional nod.

Franz | Show
Strength d12
Agility d12
Health d8
Perception d12
Wisdom d8
Luck d12
Essence: d8

Armour - d12 due to leaving more obvious parts at home (normally d10, d8 with shield)
Current weapon - taser in concealed holster in small of back; 4 darts and 4 spare in a clip in the holster.
Last edited by Franzack Forgehammer on Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:11 am

Image

Vixen shook his head.

“Nah, I knew there’d be no chance of getting my bow through security. At least, not until I can afford have it modded to fold up into something baton-sized without compromising the draw.”

He wasn’t sure such a thing was even possible, but his tech guy, Konrad with a K, was a genius when it came to stuff like that. If anyone could figure out how to do it, it was Konrad. He glanced at Daze, considering.

“Yeah, maybe we can work something. What if we get a bunch of people to try to go through at once, right before the concert starts? If the scanner starts ‘malfunctioning’ right then, they might let us through with a physical pat-down only if people start to complain enough. Of course, that might not help, depending on the size of that tazer.”

Vixen paused, glancing down at Franz.

“In that case, maybe you should hide that tazer in front of your belt, chummer.”
Vixen
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:18 pm

"I doubt there's enough room in my shorts to hide it; but at least I'm not carrying a SuperWarhawk eh? Perhaps I should just check it to be safe?"

Looking around, the queue to check items seems to be fairly mundane folks checking licenced and non-restricted weapons, the sorts that the average Chummer might carry, a small taser, maybe a knuckle duster.

"Nah, that's for the regular wage slaves; Daze can you work your magic buddy? If only we had someone to cause a distraction. Drek it; on my mark kid!"

As Franz and the guys get close to the front of the line, near the MAD; Franz Ducks down slightly and calls out;

"Hey; is that Mercurial? Is she really here?" and waits for the crowd to do the rest.
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Daze » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:06 pm

Daze had headed straight for Vixen and Franz and had handed out the high-fives that accompanied his usual style. After doing a brief catch up, he'd shrugged at Vixen's question. "A baton and a knife, nothing to get excited about but enough to keep me dangerous.

Daze had been focused on the MAD scanner from the moment Franz suggested it, trying to think of a way to disable it. Eventually he'd figured something out and had started working 'his magic.' It would probably help the other runners in the room more than him but he didn't mind, he loved breaking and hacking stuff. He spent a full minute trying to turn it off or disable some part of it, during which Franz started his little distraction. With the crowd pushing and surging around him, he had another idea, maybe if he couldn't break it, he could make it work too well. Throwing his attempt in reverse, Daze started working on turning the MAD's sensitivity way up, so that anything would set it off. That should force the staff to do pat downs.

OOC: Rolls in First Run forum on the 'Weave.

Daze | Show
Armour d10 (Armour Jacket)
Health d12
Luck d10
Agility d8
Strength d12
Perception d10
Wisdom d20
Current weapon - Extendable Baton, Survival Knife
User avatar
Daze
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:08 am

~ Wednesday: Around 19:00ish ~

The crowd waiting to go through the MAD sensor was slowly moving as the security guy, a human wearing some goggles over his eyes, looked at the displayed results on the sensor and was gesturing for patrons to wait and come through when he was satisfied. The goggles were probably aiding his job with added sensory input and he also wore some plugs in his ears.

With Franz playing the part of over-eager fan, one smart-ass club-goer replied, "Yeah, man. You can tell by the crowd. But you ain't going to see her from down there."

"When she gets on stage, it's going to be awesome!"

Regardless of the press of bodies, the security guard remained at his post and watched the sensor display as the patrons went through one at a time.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:56 am

Sybil waited as Xanadu headed off to the bar to see what he could find. While she waited, she had caught the glance and nod of a stocky dwarf. The dwarf was with an elf and human. They all three gave the impression of not quite belonging. Similar to Sybil and Xanadu. Perhaps they were the other runners that Plex had mentioned in his message. The elf mage mentally chided herself for not asking the fixer what other runners had been contacted. Oh well.

With a line at the bar that was delaying Xanadu, Sybil decided to drift towards the line for the MAD scanner. If she got through before the other elf returned, he would catch up. The lobby was making the platinum haired elf feeling claustrophobic.
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Xanadu » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:04 am

Xanadu headed through the MAD Scanner to enter the club and get to the bar. He passed through with confidence as he didn't have anything on him that would trigger the sensor and the silence as he passed through was expected. He headed over to the bar which was already packed with concertgoers getting started early before the house really started rocking. He waited several minutes, but eventually a space opened up. He sent Sybil a quick message.

<<@Sybil: spot finally opened up at the bar. I'll grab drinks and meet you near the dance floor.>>

He took the open spot and leaned a bit on the bar smiling at the bartender who came his way. The bartender flashed Xanadu a smile in return. "Can I help you?"

"Need a couple of drinks. Ginger Ale?"

"We've got it, but don't sell it. It's part of our Ginger Bomb house special," she explained.

"Ok, so I'll take a Ginger Bomb, hold the Bomb."

"You'll pay for the whole drink you realize..."

Xanadu shrugged and smiled. "I figured. I've got a friend who doesn't drink."

The bartender chuckled as she poured. "And your second drink?"

"What's your personal beer of choice here?" he asked, leaning onto the counter.

The bartender looked amused. "Is my choice of beer what you're really asking for? And what would your friend say?"

Xanadu grinned and nodded. "My friend's just a friend, and yes, it's what I'm asking for. Good way to get the best one. Not the trendiest or the cheapest, plus it gives me a chance to see what your tastes are in case I come back looking for something later." He winked and the whole thing was just the right amount of over the top to make her laugh.

"Storm Sound, black label, tap only," she offered pulling out a tall glass and pouring him one. "Get it from a bottle and there's a nasty aftertaste."

He took it, raised the glass and tasted. "Smooth, good flavor, just a hint of apple, local brew, right?"

She nodded. "Most miss the apple, best part though."

Xanadu agreed. "Run me a tab?"

She glanced at his clothing then at him. "Credstick?"

He passed one over, she verified it quickly and handed it back. He paid for the drink and added a nice tip. When she looked at the tip which was more than the Ginger Bomb and the beer she looked surprised. "Good information with friendly service is always worth the Nuyen."

"I'll keep that in mind."

He smiled and turned heading towards the dance floor and the band, moving with the music while nursing his beer. It was a good brew. Close to the action wouldn't be where Sybil would want to be he didn't think. On the other hand, he didn't want to sit in a corner either. Seemed like a reasonable compromise.
User avatar
Xanadu
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:18 am

With a shrug Franz turns to Daze and says

"Well that didn't work; have you got this or should I join the other line?"

Unsure how long this matrix stuff takes to work Franz stands with his friends and waits.

This place sure is busy; great place to hide in plain sight but the security is a little tighter than I'd like.
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:16 pm

Sybil waited the few minutes in the line for one of the MAD scanners. When it was her turn, she complied with the bouncer and operators instructions. Their expressions were blank, but she imagined they were wondering what the hell she was doing in the club. Perhaps they had the same short list of names associated with MacCallister and knew that the elf was here for business.

Either way, Sybil made it through the MAD scanner without issue. She did leave her only physical weapon in her scooter.

<<@Xanadu: Okay. Thanks!>>

Inside the club, the platinum haired elf glanced around at the growing crowd. The three unusual people she saw outside the club hadn't made it through the scanner yet. It looked like they were delaying a bit. Perhaps waiting for a friend. Or something else, Sybil curiously wondered.

No matter.

The elf moved around the club. The thumping of the music was discerning.

How the hell can Maven enjoy such loud...obnoxious music!

Whatever was playing would certainly give the elf a headache if she stayed too long.

Dodging a pair of over eager clubbers, Sybil found an unclaimed bar height table near the dance floor. She stacked her claim and waited for Xanadu to catch up with the drinks. The table afforded a decent view, and the elf began to people watch, hoping that this MacCallister fellow wouldn't take too long.

Goddess, this music is going to give me a headache!


Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Xanadu » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:08 pm

Xanadu spotted Sybil as he crossed, careful not to spill either drink, though obviously enjoying the music. Reaching her he placed the ginger ale in front of her. "It's a Ginger Bomb, minus the bomb. Mixed drink prices, but you get what you're looking for."

He takes another sip of the Storm Sound and smiles. "Great brew and local. I'll need to see who else carries it. Oh, and here," he said pulling out a pair of small ear plugs and putting them down in front of her. "Inexpensive bass block. Should take the edge off the music and make it easier to talk."

"You're starting to look a bit pained already. These should make it easier and you'll stand out for your natural charm instead." He took another sip and scanned the crowd as he moved gently to the beat to avoid spilling his drink.

"Spot anyone interesting?"
User avatar
Xanadu
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:10 pm

~ Wednesday: Around 19:00ish ~

The place was packed. Getting more drinks at the bar was going to take forever. Xanadu had been lucky to beat the rush. There were no tables available in the bar area, even the last available counter space was quickly taken.

Being able to see the show from the bar itself was barely possible, but it would be a carp view. The dance floor was standing room only and there was not room to dance with people packed in tight.

Another bouncer was controlling access to the booths ringing the dance floor where there was still some seats left. The circular booths would seat 5-6 easily enough. Waitresses taking drink orders for customers there were getting priority at the bar.

Meanwhile, Daze found that security to access the MAD scanner was too tight to bypass or interfere with. The Wi-Fi node had it blocked from view and trying to access it physically would require taking out the security guy first.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to First Run [Shadowrun/The Window]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron