FR: Back in Business [IC]

Image
In the harsh reality of the 2070s where profit is the most important mistress, the bigger the metroplex, the deeper the shadows. In the cracks between the giant corporate structures, criminals of all shades find their homes. When the megacorps want a job done but don’t want to dirty their hands, they turn to the only people who can pull it off: shadowrunners, deniable assets.

Moderator: PMiller

FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:33 am

It was just afternoon on a Wednesday (about a week after Vixen, Franz, and Daze had their run in with the Red Samurai), when the shadowrunners' commlink's chirped for an incoming message. Checking it, they saw it was a Plex's matrix icon. Answering the call, the icon was replaced by the dark-haired visage of the fixer.

Image
His voice had that British accent as the video message said, "'Allo, 'allo. I got word of some more work if you are interested. I received this from another contact, and it could lead to some more jobs if you do well."

"If you are interested, go to Underworld 93 tonight at 7pm. There is a small concert going on, but you can name drop MacCallister with the doorman and that should get you inside. Enjoy the show and he should find you afterwards to discuss the job. Just remember that I get my usual 10 percent referral, yeah?"

"Here is a pic of MacCallister so you recognize the bloke."

Image
The picture file showed a grinning male ork. His face was lined with age; his hair and goatee were touched with grey and a pair of golden datajacks gleamed along his left temple. Wire-frame glasses sat upon his nose, the kind that correct your vision, not tinted mirrorshades that make you look badass or even the more modern AR glasses or goggles, but honest-to-ghost reading glasses.

Plex's video continued after a few moments, "I sent this to a few runners, so expect a former acquaintance or two and maybe a new face. But everyone is dependable, or I would not have lined you up for this opportunity. Just text me an acceptance, and I will let MacCallister know to expect you."

The video message ended.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12272
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:47 am

Lyssa spun around and reached for her commlink, while trying hold onto a bag of groceries in the other hand. It was Wednesday afternoon, and her other personality had let the fridge go empty again. The platinum haired elf had just left a nearby supermarket with some essentials. She had her hair up in a single braid, wore a pink maxi skirt, with a white top and a simple denim jacket. A nondescript elf if you ever saw one, and this personalities goal.

Hitting the acknowledge button on the commlink, the platinum haired elf saw Plex's icon flash in her contacts. She hadn't been in the city long, and the fixer was one of the few that knew of her shadowrunning capabilities. Any work from him was welcome, just for the fact that it got her name out there in the 'community'. After reviewing the message, meeting another fixer was a definite plus to accepting the meet.

A concert at Underworld 93, huh. Maven would definitely enjoy that...

Lyssa frowned at the thought. She didn't like concerts. Too loud and obnoxious regardless of who was playing. Maven would call her a stick in the mud for it. But if she had to attend for the meet, she would grit her teeth and bring earplugs.

With one hand, the tall elf began typing notes in her commlink. Details of the meet, the name of the contact, and attached the fixers pic. Should her other personality wake up before than, she would hopefully check the notes.

Money was getting low, and Lyssa so no reason to decline the invitation. As she began the long circuitous walk back to her flat, she typed out her acceptance of the met under her handle Sybil, and sent it to Plex. She wondered what other runners had been contacted, in particular if her runner friend Xanadu had been contacted. She sent him a quick text asking if he had a message from Plex as well.

While thinking about the run some more, texted her hacker contact Fade.

<Hey Fade. Know anything about a fixer named MacCallister? Attached a pic.>

Sybil's contact roll | Show
3: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11790098
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:48 am

Franz was cleaning up in the clinic when his commlink buzzed with a new message. He had to finis what he was doing before picking it up. There was blood everywhere from his most recent patient and he needed to swan down before t started to dry.

After about ten minutes he stowed the last of the gear, washed his hands and picked up his link.

a job huh? Hope it goes better than the last one.

He glanced down at his left shoulder where a bullet had creased him from the run in with the Red Samurai in the car park.

and old friends? I wonder who he's got lined up for this?

He hit the button to call Daze and Vixen; they'd been a good team last time, perhaps they were in on this too?

<<Franz -> @Daze; @Vixen: Have you guys heard from Plex today? Are you in on this trip to 93 tonight? If so, I'll see you there!>>

With a job afoot he set about checking his gear over, can never be too prepared making sure his weapons were clean and loaded, the 'chute packed, scuba tank charged, bike fuelled, and what not. Finally he checked over his medkit and supplies; making sure he had several pairs of gloves, his patients often didn't share his allergies and preferred to get the good meds and so he had to be careful.

Finally he sent a message to his buddy Darran:

<Franz -> @SurftheBlueLights: I'm heading out tonight; I might have some custom for you if it doesn't pan out!>>

With nothing else left to do; he gives the bench a final wipe, locks up and heads off to get a bite to eat and some soykaf to pass the time.
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Image

Vixen fired an arrow into darkness. The darkness fired back.

He threw himself to the side, hitting wet pavement, rolling with the momentum. As soon as he was on his front, he pushed up and got back to his feet. He ducked behind a dumpster. More shots followed, ricocheting off walls. Vixen heard a shout, then another, then heavy footsteps splashing through puddles.

He glanced up. Overhead, a sliver of moonlight sliced between dark clouds like a scythe.

He edged up to the end of the dumpster, leaning forward. There, in a particularly large puddle, he caught sight of the reflection of a large man, a thug with cheap chrome and cheaper guns, charging for his position. He tracked the motion for a second then popped out, firing without aiming.

The notification for a message scrolled across his vision and settled in the corner of his field of view; no time to read who it was from.

An explosion cracked through the night, flashing dampened white behind Vixen’s goggles. Vixen was already moving, popping out, firing again. Bullets streaked past him. His arrows shot through the air in flat arcs, one burying itself in the man’s leg. The other flew past his shoulder. The third hit the man’s chromed arm and exploded.

The thug cried out. He dropped to a knee, gun clattering away. Vixen stepped forward, lowering his bow. He kicked the gun aside.

Another message notification popped up in his field of view, and he ignored that one too. He walked up to the thug, who was groaning on the ground. His cyberarm was half slagged metal and half exposed flesh. The guy had gotten the drop on him, came out of nowhere and hit him hard and fast. Ultimately, it had been his mistake. Vixen leaned down and pulled the guy’s sleeve aside. Emblazoned on the metal was a stylized human ear done in black paint.

“That has got to be the stupidest logo I’ve ever seen,” Vixen muttered.

The thug moaned, still gripping his arm. “Don’t touch me, Trog-lover!”

Vixen sighed. “So I take it this is about the bounty on my head.”

The man sneered up at him, then kicked out. Vixen stepped quickly to the side, dodging. Then he kicked the man in the head. The thug slumped. Vixen supposed he could finish the job from there, make sure the guy never tried anything again. But shooting unconscious enemies in the head wasn’t exactly the right thing to do, however expedient.

He left the thug behind. When he got back to his bike and kick-started the engine, he remembered the messages. He pulled them up sequentially: the first was from Plex, and it was a video message. He played it in its entirety, then played it again, soaking in the details. Then he drove back to his garage, taking a circuitous route just in case. You never knew when Humanis Policlub might decide to show up, after all.

Maybe one day he’d be able to afford a real place, but for now he lived in a garage space too small to fit a car, but just big enough for a bike and a man, and a modest amount of gear. He keyed in his code and the door rolled up, and he drove in and parked, closing the door behind him.

He looked at the next message, a group text from Franz, the recipients both him and Daze. Interesting. It meant someone was trying to get the band back together. Maybe it was Plex they had to thank for recognizing they were a good team, or maybe it was…someone else.

Vixen set his bow down on its holder and eased his quiver off his shoulder. Refreshing his arrows had been the first thing he’d done after the Teklon job. He’d seen the need for a more diverse mix, more special-use arrows and a healthy grouping of more explosive arrows.

He replied to Franz’ text:

<<Vixen -> @Franz; @Daze: Yeah, just got the message. Haven’t accepted yet, but if you guys are in, so am I.>>

Vixen stripped to his undershirt and loose pants, and sat down on his thin sleeping mat. He reached for a can of soytein. This one was chicken-flavored. The meeting wasn’t until seven tonight, so he had time for a nap – hopefully after Franz and Daze replied.
Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Xanadu » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:55 pm

Xanadu slowed the bike to an idle and looked at the intersection. Light traffic and few pedestrians in this area kept it mostly clear. In his mind he replayed again his first moments he could remember - Sybil looking down at him with concern, then helping him up. He watched each moment unfold - finding his bike, discovering the stored IDs, credits and commlinks. He paused then rewound the images as fast as he could, but no matter how hard he "ran" at that wall, only blackness answered. Nothing seemed to remain of his memories before that point in time. The searching he'd done for signs of what he thought of as his sister yielded nothing. She too was swallowed up in that blackness. He sighed.

He'd spent time out learning another section of the city - expanding his mental map, adding in businesses and features. Hanging out with Sybil and Maven had broadened his horizons or at least the breadth of establishments he'd become acquainted with. As he pondered his commlink buzzed. Message from Plex. Interesting. He listened to it and was intrigued. He needed to build some cred and goodwill with Plex or others he could trust to help look for his relative. To many details of his own life - what little he knew of it - urged caution. Shortly after his comm buzzed again. It was a message from Sybil asking if he'd gotten the invite and was going.

<<Xanadu --> Sybil: I'm in. Sounds like a fun evening. You?>>

With or without her, he'd be there. He expected her to be there as well, though was curious which of her would show up.
User avatar
Xanadu
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:18 am

Image

Fade replied back to Sybil almost immediately after receiving the request since the hacker practically lived on-line. <<@Sybil: Sure, my usual rates apply.>>

It was not long before a another text message came back with more information.

<<@Sybil: MacCallister is a has-been "decker". Yes, he still insists that he was one of those antiquated type of shadowrunners. Since retiring from running in the shadows, he is slowly working a new rep as a Fixer. He appears to be solid in the runner community, knows many.>>

<<He is also vocally involved in Metahuman rights groups, particularly the Ork underground.>>
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12272
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:20 am

Sybil was nearly back to her flat when the information came back from Fade. It wasn't much, but better than nothing. She copied the info into the notes section on the phone to share with Maven. A former runner turned fixer and an active member of a metahuman rights group. That might mean the job could get messy if going up against a group like Humanis Policlub or the like. Not that it matter much to the elf. She would take on those hate groups any day.

<<@Fade: Thanks! We may be in contact later this evening for more information. Potential job.>>

The platinum blond runner authorized the payment to Fade for the info. By this time, she had reached her flat. Sybil has also seen the text back from Xanadu.

Quickly stowing the groceries in the fridge and pantry in the kitchenette, Sybil sat at the small kitchen table and read Xanadu's message.

<<@Xanadu: Yeah, One of us will be there. Be interesting to meet some new faces. See you there!>>

Her mental condition had made finding runners to run with a bit difficult. Xanadu had turned into a blessing. He had his own issues, having no memory before he was pulled from the river several months ago. Despite that, the two had got along well enough. And Maven seemed to enjoy the other elf's company as a partner to for checking out the Seattle's night life. Meeting some more runners would do well to expand both's net of contacts.

The elf looked around and sighed at the sight of the apartment. As always, Maven had let the place become a mess. Taking off her denim jacket, Sybil started picking up the place to kill the time until the meet.
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:26 pm

With the response from Vixen, Franz assumed that Plex had gotten the gang back together. I hope he's found us a couple more folks, we ended up a bit thin on the ground towards the end last time! and sends a quick confirmation to Plex

<<Franz->@Plex: count me in, 10% of whatever I survive to collect as usual!>>

Finishing his burger he heads back to the clinic to make his last few preparations, Underworld 93, it's a bit classier than my normal hangout I doubt I can carry all my gear in with me; better travel light. with that he stacks the various bags of gear by the door, ready to fix to his bike when he returns. Pulls a leather jacket on over his coveralls, and tucks the bottom of his trousers in to his boot, but leaving his various armour sections off; hoping he can pull off the retro-biker vibe. He pops a stim patch and a trauma patch in to a chest pocket and his taser in its concealable holster in the small of his back, never leave home without it!

As the time approaches he sets out on his bike, parks it about half a city block away and approaches the club on foot. Bold as brass he walks up to the VIP rope and simply says, "Forgehammer, I'm with the MacCallister party."

He keeps an eye out for anyone he knows in the queue.

Franz | Show
Armour d10 (d8 with shield) - currently d20 (leather jacket over coveralls)
Health d8
Luck d12
Agility d12
Strength d12
Perception d12
Wisdom d8
Current weapon - Taser, 4 darts, 4 spare in a clip in the concealable holster
Last edited by Franzack Forgehammer on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Daze » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:53 pm

When the first message flashed up on his AR, Daze was in the process of ducking and dodging for all he was worth. Something shattered against the wall behind him and glass rained down the back of his neck and into his hair. The slim elf glanced up to see what was coming next and was rewarded with the view of another projectile flying at his face. He was going to be lucky to survive this. He went to make a run for the door but quickly decided against that. Leaving now would just land him in even more trouble. Plus that nosy neighbour of his would be watching. Although that old stuntie would have already heard most of it. After having more glass rain down on him, Daze finally gave up on waiting out the storm.

"For frag's sake woman! Will you stop smashing the glasses!" Daze stood up straight and almost wilted under the glare that his girlfriend was giving him. "Will you just stop for a second Shalia?" He got a very curt nod in return and rolled his shoulders to loosen the tension building there. "Look, it's nothing to be mad about. She's an old friend, nothing's happened there in yea..." Daze ducked again quickly when the glass Shalia was holding suddenly flew at his head, "..rs. Damn baby just listen. We went out for a drink to catch up. She's having trouble with a ganger ex and wanted me to sort it. I don't know what your biff friends told you but it was nothing funny."

Once he'd actually got the words out, he saw Shalia wilt a little. Thank whatever lucky stars he had for that. Then he saw her shoulders shaking and realised that she was crying. "Oh frag. Baby c'mon, I wouldn't be like that. She just wanted him run off or beaten stupid. Which, in about 2 hours he will be." He made a few tentative moves over towards her, glass crunching under his boots. That'd cost a few nuyen. Not that he was hard-up right now, the last big run had given him a good bit of nuyen.

Eventually he got Shalia calmed down properly and she went off for a nap. Finally. It was only then that he remembered the message blip from earlier. It was now accompanied by a few messages from Franz and Vixen. He checked the time and realised that he had better get busy on this favour for his friend. As he gathered up his baton and knife, he stashed all of his gear into a cheap backpack except for his rifle. That he slung over his back. He left a message for Shalia explaining where he'd gone and jumped onto his bike. As he drove he replied to the messages.

<<Daze->@Franz, @Vixen: Hey chummers, I'm in. See you at the concert.>>

<<Daze->@Plex: I'll be at 93. Your usual cut?>>

Once they were sent, the elf gunned the throttle of his bike and headed for the ganger's flat. An hour and a half later he left, knuckles grazed and flicking his baton back into it's compact size. He arrived at Underground 93 with 10 minutes to spare. Last time I was here, Shalia bought me to see that crew she liked. Fragging chick music. He had parked his bike in the alley around the corner and stashed his gear behind the closest dumpster. His rifle was on the ground covered in cardboard and his backpack had gone into the dumpster. Luckily he kept a few backpacks like that line and lying around. He'd gear up before they headed to the job and leave the backpack. He was on the tail end of a Kamikaze hit and was tapping along to the music as he swaggered up to the doorman on the VIP rope and simply said, "Yo, here for the MacCallister shindig."

Daze | Show
Armour d10 (Armour Jacket)
Health d12
Luck d10
Agility d8
Strength d12
Perception d10
Wisdom d20
Current weapon - Extendable Baton, Survival Knife
Last edited by Daze on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Daze
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Xanadu » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:19 pm

Xanadu gets dressed for a concert, making sure to stow his gear in the concealed compartment in his bike. Sounds like the meet won't be until the concert's done, so might as well make the most of it. Dressed and ready for a good evening, he heads down, parking the bike where it will stay secure and heads up to the doorman. "Evening. McAlister asked me to stop by."

He triggers his comm. <@Sybil: At the club, hope to see you soon.>
User avatar
Xanadu
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:25 am

The afternoon has slipped by quickly for Lyssa. Once she had started picking up the flat, things just snowballed into a deep clean. Before long, her alarm to get ready for the night's meet chimed on her phone. Quick grabbing a protein bar, the elf began to prep herself.

A loud concert, ugh. Well, at least Maven will be a bit jealous.

The other personalty remained asleep in the her consciousness. She dressed a bit conservative for concert going, but it helped conceal her FFBA. Sybil even tightened up her braided hair, and made sure both her foci were secured on her wrists. In the mirror, the mysterious choker caught her eye, causing her to frown. One day, she would figure out what it did.

Checking the traffic and directions to the club, Sybil grabbed her sword and headed down to her scooter. She stowed the weapon in the seat compartment, and started glorified moped. After an half an hour of making her way through traffic and finding a place to lock the bike, the elf runner found herself outside the club.

<@Xanadu: Outside. Be there in a few.>

The doorman at the club was giving Sybil an odd look. She was obviously not dressed as the typical concert goer, at least for whoever was headlining that night. The elf frowned and wondered how Maven could enjoy such a loud prospect of an evening.

"Hi, MacCallister invited me."

Apparently the name was enough to appease the doorman, as he usher Sybil into the club.

The place was packed with fans and such, and made the elf mage a bit claustrophobic. But she steeled herself and began to look for Xanadu in the throngs of people.

Wish Maven was doing this....
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:35 pm

Image

Vixen smiled when he got the message from Daze confirming his participation. Franz, he figured, was more the strong silent type, and had said all he was going to say on the matter. They could catch up when they saw each other later on. Vixen flipped back to Plex’s message.

<<Vixen -> @Plex: I’m in. Thanks.>>

He wasn’t fully sure about Plex yet. After all, he’d been the one to hook them up with ‘Nigel’, and that had gone less than spectacularly. If they hadn’t taken their own initiative in tracking down the meeting with the dead woman’s contacts, they wouldn’t have come out of the whole thing nearly as well as they did.

Then again, work was work, and he needed the nuyen. There were always more arrows to buy, more upgrades for his bike, and maybe one day, that apartment of his own.

He took a nap for a few hours and woke refreshed. With a few hours to go until the concert, he spent some time researching the venue, noting the layout and the various exits. He mapped the roads around Underground 93 as well, drilling himself until he was comfortable with it.

Next, he had to decide what gear to bring. He knew he wouldn’t be able to get away with bringing his bow into the concert itself, but not having it these days made him feel naked. There was nothing for it, though. He packed up his FFBA and his bow and quiver, and put it all in the clamshell pannier he had for his bike, then mounted it along the left side of his bike. His gear would be secure.

Vixen got dressed for the concert: fatigue pants, a tank that read “SENPAI IN THE STREETS, HENTAI IN THE SHEETS”, heavy combat boots, and a hoodie layered under an armored jacket. He put the hood up. It was hit-or-miss these days as to whether he was recognized from the show or not. Some still remembered it fondly, and others had pirated all of his episodes after they’d stopped officially streaming them on the matrix. He was supposed to be working and not giving autographs, so hopefully his disguise, such as it was, would facilitate that.

Finally, when he was done, he rode to the venue. Vixen paid for a VIP parking spot directly across from the club and secured his bike. Then he walked up to the door.

“One for MacAllister,” he said, craning his neck to see past the bouncer, wondering if the others had already arrived.

Stats | Show
Strength: d10 Agility: d8 Health: d12
Perception: d8 Wisdom: d20 Luck: d12
Magic: d20! Essence: d4!
Armor: d20 with Armored Jacket
Weapons: None
Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Xanadu » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Jumped the Gun | Show
Xanadu made his way into the club, his walk shifting to move with the beat as he flashed a smile and waved at different people who seemed friendly. He wore a high collared long sleeve shirt made of some silk-like material, with broad intricate trim around the stiff collar, down the front and at the end of his sleeves. This over loose fitting black pants tucked into black leather biker's boots. He was certainly getting the once over, but didn't seem to mind. He made his way to the bar. The bartender flashed Xanadu a smile. "Can I help you?"

"What's your personal beer of choice here?" he asked, leaning onto the counter.

The bartender looked amused. "Is my choice of beer what you're really asking for?"

Xanadu grinned and nodded. "Yup, good way to get the best one. Not the trendiest or the cheapest, plus it gives me a chance to see what your tastes are in case I come back looking for something later." He winked and the whole thing was just the right amount of over the top to make her laugh.

"Storm Sound, black label, tap only," she offered pulling out a tall glass and pouring him one. "Get it from a bottle and there's a nasty aftertaste."

He took it, raised the glass and tasted. "Smooth, good flavor, just a hint of apple, local brew, right?"

She nodded. "Most miss the apple, best part though."

Xanadu agreed. "Run me a tab?"

She glanced at his clothing then at him. "Credstick?"

He passed one over, she verified it quickly and handed it back. He paid for the drink and added a nice tip. When she looked at the tip which was more than the beer she looked surprised. "Good information with friendly service is always worth the Nuyen."

"I'll keep that in mind."

He smiled and turned heading towards the dance floor and the band, moving with the music while nursing his beer. It was a good brew. He joined the throng. Not as energetic as many but moved well, while holding his glass. It was almost part of what defined his dance style. Graceful enough to fit in, but nothing spectacular and the glass provided a good excuse not to get more creative or energetic. As he danced his commlink buzzed. Checking it, he saw it was Sybil.

<<@Sybil: Wiz! See you soon. By the way, Storm Sound, black label from the tap is a good beer.>>

He scanned the crowd looking for people out of place or just interesting while he drank, danced and waited for his friend.
User avatar
Xanadu
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Daze » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:39 pm

Jumped the Gun | Show
The bouncer had eyeballed Daze for a moment before stepping aside and letting him in but Daze had barely noticed, a really cute girl had walked past and his attention had wandered. He snapped out of it when the bouncer cleared his throat and he hurried through the door, girl forgotten and mind switched on. He walked straight to the bar, squeezed between two orcs and managed to reach catch the attention of the bartender. "I'll have whatever is cheap, drinkable and comes with no ice. Actually make it two of those." Once his drinks on the bar, Daze slammed one back before choking on whatever hellish liquid he'd just paid for. "Frag this stuff better cost next to nothing."

He picked up his second drink and sauntered over to a corner that wasn't occupied. It gave him a view of the dance-floor and the bar, which which would be handy for when Franz and Vixen arrived. Until then, Daze contented himself with leaning in the corner and surveying the room. His spare hand tapped along to the beat idly.



Daze | Show
Armour d10 (Armour Jacket)
Health d12
Luck d10
Agility d8
Strength d12
Perception d10
Wisdom d20
Current weapon - Extendable Baton, Survival Knife
User avatar
Daze
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:23 am

~ Wednesday: Around 19:00ish ~

Image Image
Underworld 93 didn’t really look like much from the outside: a simple ferrocrete building that looked like it should be warehousing machinery, not the location of a nightclub. The only distinguishing features of the club were a simple steel sign outside with the name, and an AR display that was far more impressive blazing the name of the club in bright neon lettering along with the club’s logo: Charon steering a speedboat across the river Styx.

At one time, this was the place to be for Seattle’s who’s who. The attraction for the place has long since faded for younger crowds who were always looking for the next big thing, but the place still retained its reputation as being the place to see some of the hottest music acts of yesterday and today. Jetblack, Shield Wall, CrimeTime, DarkVine, Blitzkrieg, the Psychedelic Phlegmm. All have graced the stage at one time or another, and tonight looked to be another big name.

There was a sizable crowd outside the building, with a line of people stretching around the building. A pair of intimidating troll bouncers wearing expensive tailored suits stood guard at the door, ignoring the majority of the crowd as if they simply didn’t exist, only occasionally letting people into the club after one of them consulted an actual paper list on a clipboard. One way to make a guest list unhackable was to write it down. An ARO in front of the building explains the crowd. Mercurial was doing an unannounced concert at Underworld 93 tonight at 7:30.

As the shadowrunners finally made their way to the front of the crowd, MacCallister's name got them different treatment. The troll bouncer would indicate they wait for a moment as it appeared he consulted someone over a comlink channel. After about 20-30 seconds, they each were allowed inside the club.

Inside the main doors, the large lobby was packed with people chatting, posing for the press and me-feeds, or gawking at the memorabilia of music stars past and present that lined the walls. Two more well dressed but obviously dangerous guards man a MAD Scanner that all patrons would have to pass through to get into the club. A coat and weapons check room stood next to the scanner encased in bulletproof glass.

There in the lobby, Xanadu found Sybil in line. Daze and Vixen found Franz as well.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12272
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Next

Return to First Run [Shadowrun/The Window]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron