First Run [OOC]

In the harsh reality of the 2070s where profit is the most important mistress, the bigger the metroplex, the deeper the shadows. In the cracks between the giant corporate structures, criminals of all shades find their homes. When the megacorps want a job done but don’t want to dirty their hands, they turn to the only people who can pull it off: shadowrunners, deniable assets.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: First Run [OOC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:33 am

Just getting on a plane to the U.S. for a week-long family holiday. I believe I will have wi-fi so should manage a few posts whilst we are away, but we are at Disneyworld so I may be too excited (I have a 5YO in tow)!
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager

Postby Xanadu » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:36 pm

Have fun at Disney Franz! My wife and I went to Universal Studios about a week ago for an anniversary trip. It allowed us to scout things out before taking the kids down to Disney and Universal next summer for vacation.
Xanadu
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:44 am

Cool. You all are having fun with vacations… Enjoy time with family. :) My time is coming soon when Thanksgiving is here.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:27 am

I put the last two posts from you guys into sblocks. You all sort of jumped the gun a bit and did not wait for me to update. You can copy the text and use that for your next posts, if they are still applicable after my update. Once you post again IC, I will go back and remove those two posts to clean things up again.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:47 am

I will give Xanadu a chance to correct, that way Sybil can properly react.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:02 pm

Xanadu wrote:Sorry for jumping the gun. If you could leave my post a bit longer until we get another post or two in, I'd appreciate it. I may want to pull out details or sections depending on what Sybil wants to do.

Separate question: Were all 5 of us bunched up temporarily where the two groups got a look at each other or not really? Just trying to see if we'd have a reason to interact before the meet, even if it's not as known quantities.
No worries. :) I will hold off on cleaning it up.

The lobby is quite crowded with a number of people besides the 5 shadowrunners. Yes, you would all be within site of each other. There is bottle neck created by the MAD scanner.

Any side trips to check coat or weapons would provide those characters to be within really close proximity.

I don't recall, but I don't think anyone asked Plex who else was going to be invited to the meeting.

We never settled on the past relationships (if any) between Sybil/Xanadu and Franz/Vixen/Daze. Knowledge Shadowrunner checks anyone? 8)

I am not going to quibble on that if you all want to have some passing acquaintance with others. It will probably ease transition to get better chemistry going, and would be reasonably realistic and not forced. Knowing of someone and recognizing them is not like suddenly manufacturing a past relationship of working on missions together.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:23 am

Will the MAD scanner go off for the half-suit FFBA?

I am up for whatever on the relationships. Havnt posted anything on that either way in case some one else wants to take initiative.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:35 am

MAD detectors are designed to detect weapons. Armor might show up (probably not unless containing metal plates), but the sensor operators would probably ignore.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:56 am

Daze, I am not sure how exactly you are using your Electronics and Cracking. The IC thread is very vague about this attempt.

Electronics requires actually getting in close and touching the equipment using tools.

Cracking would require somehow accessing the controlling system first (assuming wirelessly?), which would probably be a separate step and defeating any counter-measures first. Then an attempt can be made to disable the sensor.

And just so you know, TN for the MAD to disable it would be easy with electronics at TN6, but doing so undetected would be a Stealth roll of TN3.
Cracking the MAD Sensor would require accessing the Security system and breaking in, TN4, then TN3 to disable the sensor itself by defeating the Intrusion Counter-measures.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:57 am

What dice do we roll for an untrained knowledge check, or can we do that?
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:58 am

Herzog wrote:What dice do we roll for an untrained knowledge check, or can we do that?

Common knowledge stuff, roll wisdom if that feels right. otherwise, specialize knowledge untrained would be d30
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:04 am

Knowledge of shadowrunners trained or would that be considered common?
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:16 am

Herzog wrote:Knowledge of shadowrunners trained or would that be considered common?

Let's see, Shadowrunners like to be covert and off the grid. Definitely not common knowledge.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Xanadu » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:13 pm

Btw, I forgot to include SIN names in my write up, so those have been added. Sybil likely knows Xanadu as Gan Mongke [Translation: Steel Eternal] as well, though Biz is still Xanadu.
Xanadu
Villager
Villager

Postby Taanoas » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:34 am

Just curious, is there a reason to be working so hard to get weapons in for a meet? Np if it's just the way they roll. Just seems a bit odd.
Taanoas
Villager
Villager

PreviousNext

Return to First Run [Shadowrun/The Window]