FR: Back in Business [IC]

Image
In the harsh reality of the 2070s where profit is the most important mistress, the bigger the metroplex, the deeper the shadows. In the cracks between the giant corporate structures, criminals of all shades find their homes. When the megacorps want a job done but don’t want to dirty their hands, they turn to the only people who can pull it off: shadowrunners, deniable assets.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Wed May 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Sybil frowned as she gazed over at the Mulvihill Hotel lobby. The place didn't give the appearance of no-slouch operation. The bellhops or doorman seemed to be professional looking, and might make the runners task more difficult.

After parking her scooter over an alley or two, the elf had met up with the other two some distance away to be out of notice as they planned their next move.

Sybil chewed her lip in thought. She could go invisible and try to slip inside. But then what? Sneak around without a clue of what to be looking for. That wasn't the way to go about this.

"Well, we're not exactly dressed as potential guests or tourists. But perhaps we can take the tact of honestly. Let them know that one of their guests has gone missing and that we are trying to find her for her own safety."

The idea was plausable, but anyone with a hint of suspicion would likely jump to the wrong conclusions. The three of them did look like runners after all.


Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12, Sorcery d8
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Taking it all in Franz responds to Sybil,

"We don't look much like private investigators or a security team either; I suspect the direct route is out. But I bet a place like this has a chummer who gets things done, deals with guests' unusual requests and the like; a problem-solver. That's who we need to speak to I bet. But who would it be? Probably not a bell-hop; maybe one of those guys at the desk over there?"
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:23 pm

"Concierge likely? Does this hotel rate high enough to have one?"

Sybil had to agree with the dwarf. Either way, the three of them stood out like sore thumbs. It's going to be difficult ask pointed questions.

"Well, unless we want to go back for a change of clothes, I see little choice but to press on ward. I guess maybe the question on the table is if all three of us should go in, or just one or two of us go in while the other keeps watch."

The platinum haired elf looked between Vixen and Fran.



Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12, Sorcery d8
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:54 am

Franz nods;

"I doubt three of us together would get as far as the desk; perhaps Vixen is best placed to ask around? Perhaps you could loiter inside as if you are waiting for someone and I'll stand out here?

I doubt anyone will want to speak to us for long here; but perhaps they might meet us out back away from prying eyes where it is easier to pass more than Nuyen?"
Last edited by Franzack Forgehammer on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:43 am

Image

Vixen considered their options.

“Maybe we should go around back, try to see if we can find someone dumping the garbage or on a smoke break,” he said, with a shrug. “We could try to bribe someone at the desk, but it might be too exposed for them to feel comfortable, even if they are inclined. Around the back, they could be more relaxed. If there isn’t anyone there, or if they aren’t open to it, we could always try the front.”

He looked between Sybil and Franz.
Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:56 pm

Keeping his eye on the people moving around and through the hotel atrium, Franz responds,

"You may be right; so do we all wait round the back for one of these concierge guys to take a smoke break then? Should one of us keep watch out front just in case?"
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:28 am

Sybil looked at the others as they discussed going around back. That seemed a bit time consuming, but maybe less attentive drawing.

"I can stay and watch out front. I can even go invisible as to not attract attention."

"Though I have to wonder how long we should wait for some one to take a break? We could be here for awhile."


Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12, Sorcery d8
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:51 am

"I suspect it won't be too long before someone needs a smoke break; if you stay here then we can head round the back. Keep in touch!"

Franz checks his mapsoft and GPS to make sure he can find his way round the back easily and get back should there be an issue. With that he sets off round the back, checking initially that his feed is patched through to the group channel so that everyone can keep track of each other.

Finding the rear of the building he tries to pick an inconspicuous spot somewhere near the door and settles down to wait.

Perception Roll - https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=12609066#post12609066
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:13 am

~ Wednesday: Around 01:30 ~

While Sybil waited out front of the hotel, there were a few hotel guests coming and going from the Mulvihill Hotel Lobby. But after about a half an hour, the numbers slowed and nearly all were arriving with none leaving. She witnessed a few staff turning over shifts as well.

Out around back Vixen and Franz could find a place to observe the back entrances of the hotel. There was nothing going on for over an hour, until a back door opened and two people exited. They were a man and woman, and they had the appearance of being hotel staff going off duty and likely heading home. Vixen and Franz would have to leave their place in shadows to pursue the duo as they walked from the hotel heading in the opposite direction.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12301
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:56 am

Sybil had wasted no time once Franz and Vixen moved to around back of the hotel. The elf ducked into an alley quick and cast her invisibility spell, then quickly moved back to spot that gave a view of the hotel front. Then she waited.

During the next half an hour or so, Sybil noted the staff change over and had send a message to the other two, given them a heads up. There was not much more for her to do, but wait. She thought about conjuring a watcher spirit, but that would likely trigger any magical protections the hotel would be employing. And with the looks and rating, it had to have some kind.

Other than waiting, the elf runner continued her vigilant watch and waited to here from the others.

Rolls | Show
Rolls: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st12628799
Sorcery 4, Magic roll for resisting drain 6, Perception 1. Not sure the TN for drain..


Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12, Sorcery d8
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:42 pm

As the pair left the hotel Franz looked around before whispering in to his comms;

"A pair leaving the hotel, first we've seen; do we follow them, straight up approach them or wait for someone alone?"

He watches thenpair heading away from their current position as he waits for a response from his companion. Just to be on the safe side he tags them with an ARO so that Sybil can also see them on her comms.
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Previous

Return to First Run [Shadowrun/The Window]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron