FR: Back in Business [IC]

Image
In the harsh reality of the 2070s where profit is the most important mistress, the bigger the metroplex, the deeper the shadows. In the cracks between the giant corporate structures, criminals of all shades find their homes. When the megacorps want a job done but don’t want to dirty their hands, they turn to the only people who can pull it off: shadowrunners, deniable assets.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:28 pm

Sybil shrugged her shoulders as Vixen pointed out that they were acting the sterotypical shadowrunner when it came to accepting jobs. Well, it was the truth. Cash on delivery is a decent operatum to run by. Especially for a side job such as this.

But nevertheless, the group consensus was to take the job. The deal was done, and the dark skinned dwarf had walked away and was gone from view.

"Well, before the second job offer, some one had mentioned a garage we were heading to. We can pick up the conversation there, or did you think of a better place."

The elf didn't think a public place such as McHugh's would be a good idea. Unless some one was hungry.

Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12, Sorcery d8
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:10 am

"Yeah, the garage is probably best; but honestly just getting off the streets would be a start."

With the destination agreed Franz finds his bike and climbs on, kicking the engine in to life. He fires an ARO across to the others from his navigation system and waits for Vixen to take the lead.

"Let's all take different routes eh? We don't want to look like a convoy; but does anyone need a ride?"
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Image

Vixen transmitted the location of his garage to Sybil.

He knew Franz had been there before, and probably had stored the address in memory.

“I think we’re good. You guys just take the long way around, make sure you aren’t followed, all that,” he said to both of them. “It’s not far from here, but let’s plan on being there in a half hour.”

He got on his bike and took off down the street. Vixen knew these streets well, and it was a small matter to turn off on exits and idle underneath overpasses, take the occasional alleyway instead of the street. Finally he got to his garage, a little early, since he needed to be the first one there.

He opened it up and killed his engine, then pushed his bike inside. The garage wasn’t much to look at, just three walls of thick concrete and one heavy security door. It more the size of a small storage unit than anything: what he paid for was the security, not the square footage. It doubled as his home, so he had fashioned a small living area to the side. Not much there: just a bedroll for sleeping and a trunk for storing clothes, a rack for ammo. He had a small dual microwave/refrigerator unit, and a bagful of plasticine sporks and knives.

With their bikes lined up in a row on the other wall, there wasn’t much room for the three of them, but after the last time, he had invested in some fold-up chairs, which he unfolded for the others to sit in.

“Okay,” he said when everyone had arrived. “I’m figuring we should reach out to our contacts on this one, have them working on every angle we can think of. I’m not sure mine will be of much use, but I figure it doesn’t hurt to ask, either.”
Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:15 am

Franz grabs a chair, accustomed to the lack of space but appreciative of the effort Vixen has made to accommodate people.

"This would be a whole lot easier if we knew what this chick looked like? I've a contact works
In a hospital nearby, I can ask him to check her name in their records; but my other guys are on the streets and so a picture would be the only way they'd recognise her!"
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:28 am

He pulls out his commlink and makes a call;

"Hey Doctor Joe, long time no speak; listen I need to ask a favour..."

Vixen and Sybil hear Franz's side of things as he speaks out loud but the responses are via his cyber ears and so cannot be heard; truth be told Franz doesn't need to speak out loud but he often forgets his when he's sitting around.

"Yeah; can you run a name through the system for me? I'm trying to find a missing person and I'm worried she might be in hospital; her name is Fiona Craig, regular citizen no issues to note."

"Can you call me back when you've run it around the metroplex buddy? Also, if you have any Jane Does taken in since yesterday evening, probably with a bit of a tan; thanks chummer, beers on me next time!"

Franz disconnects; hopefully he'll find something and he'll be back in touch soon; those 'beers' might be costly, but we'll see.

He dials again;

"Darran, hoy chummer! Have you picked up anyone by the name of Fiona Craig since yesterday? A friend of hers is worried and asked me if I'd seen her? Let me know if you hear anything eh chum?"

https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=12357377#post12357377
Last edited by Franzack Forgehammer on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:26 am

~ Wednesday: Around 23:00 ~

Darren Schofield proved willing to ask around if anyone picked up someone with the name Franz had. “It will take some time, mate. But I will ask around and check as I make deliveries. Are you sure she got hurt and picked up?”

After hearing the answer he continued, “Ah, okay. Well, about those Jane Does, you know that is hopeless without more to go on. Every hospital and morgue gets a handful every night.”

“Do you when and where she was last… you know before she went missing?”
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12232
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Sybil » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:55 am

Sybil plugged the address of the garage into her comm and pulled on the gps functionality as she walked back to her scooter. The glorified moped wasn't the fastest vehicle around, but it got the elf where she needed to go. She could have used her magic to take a more direct route, but it was neither the time nor the place.

As such, she plodded along with her scooter, taking a circuitous route to the indicated garage. She was the last one to arrive. Sybil parked her out of place scooter next to the two bikes and joined the other rides inside.

On the way over, Sybil had sent messages both to Fade and Ebenezer, asking if they had any info on an archeologist named Fiona Craig. The elf didn't think her fixer friend would be able to find anything, but the talismonger might know something. Especially since Ms Craig seemed to be dealing with a magical artifact. In addition, she asked if Fade had any access to the flight numbers and passenger lists for internation flights flying into Seattle over the past couple of days.

"I've reached out to my two contacts. We will just have to see if they come back with anything.

I think the first thing is if we can find out a flight number and the hotel this woman was staying at. Though that might be problematic if she never checked in."

Sybil took a seat in on one of the folding chairs, and scrolled through the messages in her comm. It was probably too soon to tell if her contacts had found anything.

spoiler: show


Sybil | Show
Strength d20, Agility d12, Perception d10, Wisdom, Magic d10, Luck d12
Health d12, Sorcery d8
Armor d8 with FFBA, Currently d10 for half suit

Current weapon - none on person, sword is in scooter
User avatar
Sybil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Image

Vixen listened to Franz’ half of the conversation with a couple of his contacts. It was well worth checking out things from every angle possible. The hospital records was a good call, and one he wouldn’t have thought of on his own. That was why they worked as a team; wider experience and shared effort.

He put in a virtual call to his fixer, Miranda. They had known each other a long time, long before he was even a runner, and if there was a person he truly trusted in this world, it was her. She answered immediate, her virtual avatar much like her real-life presence: a glamourous blonde woman wearing a black silk dress with long black gloves. Her hair shone in long, glossy waves, like a trid star from before there was trid.

“Hey, Miranda,” he murmured to her, smiling.

Miranda’s face was bright and her voice warm. “Dmitri. It’s been too long. I hope you’re well.”

“Well enough,” he said. “I was wondering if you could check on something for me, just between you and me.”

Vixen had gone virtual for a reason, not wanting to worry Franz and Sybil about his doubts.

“Can you check out a guy named Laurent Nazaire, from the Atlantean Foundation?”

He sent her a screengrab of the guy’s business card.

“Just took a job from this guy, but I felt like he knew way too much. Can you find out if he’s a fixer or what? My team was a little more open to taking the job than I was. I’d just like to know whatever you can find out, no worries if nothing comes up. Just trying to assuage my curiosity.”
Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:08 am

~ Wednesday: Around 23:30 ~

The runners had some time to wait before their contacts would get back to them. Miranda was first, sending some information free of charge on Laurent Nazaire. It was pretty much public knowledge as it was. Laurent Nazaire was the head of the Seattle Atlantean Foundation branch. He was of Haitian background that might explain his French-Quebecois accent. He was a key figure in the Atlantean Foundation’s hunt for ancient magical artifacts, perhaps even obsessed about them. Gossip said was open, down-to-earth, and seemingly very honest, but Miranda thought that had to be bullshit. But thus far, no one had been able to dig up any dirt on him.

Fade's information was a good and came with a 200 nuyen price tag. After arriving in Sea-Tac yesterday, one Fiona Craig had registered on the public net at the Mulvihill Hotel around 16:30. Thast hotel was a mid-range one, located at 3225 158th Avenue SE in Bellevue. A little more digging and Fade said she checked in.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12232
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:24 am

Franz continues the conversation with his medical friend:

"All I know is that she flew in yesterday and hasn't turned up to her meeting this morning. I guess she might have been near the airport or some of the mid-market hotels. Hold on..."

"As Fade provides the information to the team network Franz relays it,

"Looks like she checked in to Mulvihill Hotel in Bellevue around 1630 yesterday afternoon; I doubt she'd have strayed far given that she's just back from a trip overseas."
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Fri May 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Image

“Thanks. I appreciate that,” Vixen said to Miranda, over virtual. “Call me if you need anything.”

He would be sure to do her a favor in the future, gratis. It was how he could pay her back even when he was low on funds, show appreciation for the times when she did favors like this for him.

He mulled over what he had learned. Nothing surprising, but it was good to at least confirm some basic facts. He snapped back to the present when Sybil reported the information from her contact.

“Oh okay,” he said, looking between Franz and Sybil. “Well, that sounds like a place to start. Given we didn’t even have that a few minutes ago, this is looking up. Should we head over there? Maybe we can talk to the doorman or woman.”
Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Sat May 13, 2017 2:54 pm

"So far its the best option we've got; if we're talking to people does that put you in the spotlight chummer or Sybil because it sure as dreknaint me!" Franz offered a slight smile and held his hands out as if to offer a look at his no-frill appearance and demeanour.

Is there anything else to do before we go? With this extra information can we narrow our searches?"

Franz fires the hotel information across to Doctor Joe and Darren just to make sure they've got the correct details.
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Vixen » Wed May 24, 2017 10:16 am

Image

“I’ll do my best,” Vixen said, with a nod. “But be sure to jump in if you track something I’m missing, Chummer.”

He shrugged and looked between Franz and Sybil again.

“I think I’m good. If nothing comes of this, we can try other avenues. But there’s a lot to be done from this lead alone. Maybe she went to nearby restaurants, or stopped in the hotel bar. Oh, wait a minute, maybe there is something to do before we go…”

He paused, then sent another query to Miranda:

Hey, what do you know – or can find out – about the Mulvihill Hotel? What it’s rep, five stars, two stars, what? I’m looking for what the crowd-sourced review sites say, tips and tricks, what the bar like, who’s open to bribes, do they have bedbugs, all that. If someone gives a rec about what restaurants to go to in the area, that would be great to know too.

Vixen stood there with a slightly unfocused gaze for long moments, then finally came out of it, focusing on Franz and Sybil once more.

“Okay, I sent a query out about the Mulvihill Hotel. By the time we get there, we should know more about what kind of a place it is. Maybe that will help.”

He threw his leg over his motorcycle and prepared to move out.
Vixen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: FR: Back in Business [IC]

Postby Franzack Forgehammer » Thu May 25, 2017 9:30 am

"Sounds like we've got the beginnings of a plan then; let's go!"

Franz cloned on to his bike and headed off; the route flowing in his AR feed as normal.

This is an odd one and no mistake; a man-hunt with nothing more than a name and a possible place to start. I wonder who wants her and why?
User avatar
Franzack Forgehammer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 am

Previous

Return to First Run [Shadowrun/The Window]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest