Page 8 of 13

Re: TSP: Ch. 1 - Into the Silent Planet (IC)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:48 am
by PMiller
Image
Caitlin looked up with an arched eyebrow at the Captain and his quip about being party drunk. She did agree with the droid that impaired judgement was already likely and the Captain could have a few shorted judgement circuits in that noggin of his.

But the whole idea was to utilize a plan that did not require the man to actually shoot anything. Hopefully the mere sight of drawn weapons and being outnumbered after the pirates had been tossed around with gravity fluctuation and a bit of stunning electricity would get them to just surrender without a shot being fired.

"I think that we are in agreement. As soon as we finish the preparations, we shall be all set to dangle your ship in front of the pirates. Jayden and I still need a few hours, but if the rest of you can handle the laundry clothesline trap and prep the Cargo Hold, then we should be ready to go."

Re: TSP: Ch. 1 - Into the Silent Planet (IC)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:50 pm
by LMiller
Image
Jaden came back from his room, and joined the conversation again. He didn't really like the idea of the captain being drunk, but if he wants to, it was fine with him.

“I agree to this plan,” the boy said after his sister. He waited for his other two brothers to reply.

Re: TSP: Ch. 1 - Into the Silent Planet (IC)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:46 pm
by Rian Mallory
Image

“The captain is entitled to wear any kind of underpants he wishes,” Rian said to Caitlin.

He truly did not see how it mattered.

Rian paused and considered the banter between captain and droid.

“Not to spoil your drinking, captain, but you do not need to drink before we encounter the pirates. Merely spilling some alcohol on your shirt will give off the smell without impairing your ability to function. Surely you can act slightly drunk without actually being slightly drunk.”

It was his contribution to the problem at hand. It seemed the easiest solution, and one that would satisfy all requirements without posing any problems in turn.

He glanced at Caitlin again.

“Yes, Devlin and we will handle the trap in the cargo hold while you and Jaden finish up your tasks.”

Re: TSP: Ch. 1 - Into the Silent Planet (IC)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:49 am
by Delvin
"Right, sounds good to me as well, " Delvin added his agreement. Now it was just time to implement it.

He wasn't sure the captains idea of drinking before the firefight was good. But than again, some people needed so called liquid courage.

"I would suggest brown underpants, " Delvin joked. His brothers comment reminded him of an old child hood joke. He wasn't sure the others would get it or remember.

Either way, the thought left a smirk on the older Mallory's face.

"Alright, Rian. Let's go make a mess of the cargo hold."

Re: TSP: Ch. 1 - Into the Silent Planet (IC)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:26 pm
by PMiller
Image
Caitlin rolled her eyes after she turned back to her work. Her brothers’ sense of humor often would turn to immature varieties and toilet humor. Somethings never changed. She examined the tiny part she was working on and held it up into the light to see it better.

She glanced over at the Captain and asked, “Anything else to discuss?”

Re: TSP: Ch. 1 - Into the Silent Planet (IC)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:15 pm
by LMiller
Image
Jaden giggled at his older brother's joke,and thought it was kind of funny.

“I think I'm ready.” the boy said to the captain and Caitlin.

Re: TSP: Ch. 1 - Into the Silent Planet (IC)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:30 pm
by Calvin
Image
Svetlana interjects into Caitlin and Rian’s aside about underwear. “Women’s underwear is suboptimal. It uses far less material on average, and yet, counterintuitively, the average price is higher. Human customs often appear to defy logic.”

Image
Oleg seems taken aback by Rian’s suggestion that he simply act drunk instead of drinking. “Act? Spill!? You can’t seriously be suggesting I waste perfectly good alcohol?” He jabs his finger into his chest. “Oleg Leveton does not spill liquor. Even while drunk. And beside, it is much harder to act drunk, than it is to be drunk.”

The captain laughs at Delvin’s comment, seemingly familiar with the old joke. “And a red shirt, yes?” He thinks for a moment, then smirks. “Though it always seems like the ones who put on the red shirts are the ones that get shot. I wonder if it’s the same for brown underpants.”

Oleg shakes his head when Caitlin asks if there’s anything more to discuss. “No, it sounds like you’re all ready. Let’s get started, shall we? I will be in the lounge, with a bottle of booze, ‘preparing’.” He makes air quotes while saying this last word.

With that, the group begins their preparations for the pirates’ arrival. Caitlin assembles the comms jammer and Jaden synthesizes the anti-nausea drug while Delvin and Rian prepare the trap in the cargo hold. Once finished, all that remains is to rest up and hide in the secret cargo hold, waiting to ambush Oleg’s tormentors. It’s a long wait - space pirates aren’t exactly known for their punctuality. Svetlana keeps the group entertained by reciting the various elements of human society and culture the droid find particularly illogical. Alcohol use, and it’s numerous detrimental effects, is a frequent topic of the droid's rants.

Hidden in the unlit compartment, the only indication of the pirate’s arrival is an announcement by Svetlana, who then proceeds to patch through audio surveillance of their conversation.

Image
“Lefty, stay with the ship. Duke and Bosco, you’re with me. Let’s get this over with.” The first voice is likely the pirate known as Happs, who Oleg identified as the one in charge.

Image
A few moments later, a second pirate speaks up, apparently surprised by the mess in the cargo hold. “What the.... What do you think this is Duke?”

Image
Duke sounds amused. “The captain’s finally snapped, hasn’t he?”

Image
The second pirate, who, by process of elimination, must be Bosco, replies. “Wouldn’t you, trapped on this freighter with that robot of his?”

Image
“I’m just surprised it didn’t happen sooner”

Image
“It’s a clothesline. For laundry. Guess I should’ve figured neither of you would recognize it.” Happs’ voice drips with sarcasm. “Now, if you’re done gossiping, let’s go pay a visit to that old idiot and his crazy little robot.”

Shortly after, Svetlana notifies the Mallorys that “the cargo hold is clear” before the droid activates the comms jammer, cutting off their line of communication as well as the pirates’. The doors to the hidden cargo hold slide open, giving the group a clear shot to the pirates’ fighter in the loading bay. The ominous looking craft seems to be staring malevolently at them across the cargo hold, daring them to approach.

Tactical Map | Show
Image

Re: TSP: Ch. 1 - Into the Silent Planet (IC)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:12 am
by PMiller
Image
Caitlin remained out of sight and did not move first. She whispered to the older of her two brothers, even though it was unlikely that the pirates could hear her, "You two going to try for a stealthy approach to the fighter first? Or should I stand out in the open to look like a curiosity out of place and maybe he will come out to find out what I am doing here."

"We need to be quick either way."

She was not about to let her youngest brother the medic dash off to lure out the pirate in the fighter.

Re: TSP: Ch. 1 - Into the Silent Planet (IC)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:24 am
by Delvin
Delvin listened to the audio stream as they all sat in the dark of the secret compartment. So far, the pirates were taking the bait and were none the wiser. The mess of the cargo hold actually added to the act it seemed. The pirates though the Captain had snapped, and perhaps that would make them more unsuspecting. Especially if Oleg was as drunk as he appeared before they had headed into the secret compartment.

The older Mallory pulled his pistol from its holster, taking comfort in the familiar weigh of the weapon. He sent a silent prayer to whatever god may be listening as he had often does before a battle. He was ready as he could get as adrenaline began to flood.

"Speed and stealth don't often go together. At any rate, I say we go for it. I'll lead and see how quickly I can get before being spotted. Rian or whoever can follow after me."

Now that the doors were open, and there was some light to see by, Delvin waited for a nod of acknowledgement from the others. He would then move as quickly and as stealth as he good up the left side of the hold, keeping his weapon at the ready.

spoiler: show
Not sure when we are rolling initiative..so left my move action empty.


actions | Show
Free Action: Stealth roll: 11
Move Action: move to left side as far as able
Standard Action:


Delvin Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 16 , Tch 13, FF 13 CMD: 14 FCMD: 11
HP 12/12
Fort+4 , Ref +5 , Will +2
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand: Fuijin 316 Pistol (+4 attack) 1d6+1 dmg

Re: TSP: Ch. 1 - Into the Silent Planet (IC)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:38 pm
by Rian Mallory
Image

“We will follow, though stealth is not our area of speciality.”

Rian reflected that perhaps the captain had been right about actually getting drunk. The sloppier he was, the more realistic the ruse would be, even if it cut down on his actual efficiency.

He pulled his piezoelectric pistol from its holster, though he knew he had other talents that would probably be more effective. It remained to be seen, however.

His joined mind felt particularly in harmony with the promise of upcoming danger. He moved after his brother quickly, crouching low.

actions | Show
Free Action: None.
Move Action: Follow Delvin with Stealth (10) –

https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st12180003

Standard Action:

Rian mini-stats | Show
Init +1, Speed 30ft
AC 13 , Tch 11, FF 12 CMD: 12 FCMD: 11
HP 9/9
Fort+1 , Ref +1, Will +3
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand: 'Weiss' Piezoelectric Pistol (+1 attack) 1d8+1 dmg

Re: TSP: Ch. 1 - Into the Silent Planet (IC)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:40 pm
by LMiller
Image
Jaden watched his brothers go, and crouched down on a crate. He knew better than to go out of the compartment at this moment. The thought raced through his mind, and the boy could picture Caitlin scolding him for going outside.

“I hope they'll come back soon.” Jaden mumbled, and listened for any sound. He occasionally glanced over at his older sister.

Re: TSP: Ch. 1 - Into the Silent Planet (IC)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:30 am
by PMiller
Image
Caitlin moved to spot where she had cover, but could see the progress of her two brothers approaching the fighter.

She whispered back to Jaden, "Get ready to move. If things are clear, we will make a dash for it too. We need to be able to help them once they are there. I just hope the pilot is not watching and decides to discharge his ship weapons at us. But if they are quick they might be able to get at him before he locks the hatch to get inside."

Actions | Show
move to I29

Re: TSP: Ch. 1 - Into the Silent Planet (IC)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:14 pm
by LMiller
Image
“Got it,” Jaden replied, and stood up. He walked toward the door, and put his ear against it. The boy did not hear anything.

spoiler: show
move to H29.

Re: TSP: Ch. 1 - Into the Silent Planet (IC)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:59 pm
by Calvin
The cargo hold is eerily quiet as Delvin and Rian make their way across to the pirate’s ship. With the other three safely out of earshot - nothing short of gunshots or an explosion would be likely to penetrate the thick metal wall between the cargo hold and lounge - the pirate in the fighter, who Happs referred to as ‘Lefty’, is the primary threat at the moment.

When Delvin and Rian reach the fighter, they are able to see that the hatch is located under the craft and opens outwards. If positioned behind it, they will be hidden from anyone exiting the craft.

Stealth Check Results - Delvin and Rian | Show
Both Delvin and Rian are able to move to the fighter without detection.

Tactical Map | Show
Image

OOC | Show
The areas shaded red on the tactical map provide cover from those exiting the fighter via the hatch, located at I5.

Combat will start once the PCs are detected or when they engage the pirate(s) in combat. I'll roll initiative then. Assuming everything goes according to plan, the sequence of events will be as follows:
1. Get in position to ambush the pirate in the fighter, the PCs can move as far as they wish in this stage since combat has not started
2. Ambush the pirate in the fighter. Each PC will post a full rounds worth of actions for the surprise round, and roll a stealth check.
3. Regular combat will begin and initiative will be rolled.
4. The first pirate will be incapacitated and combat will end
5. The PCs will get in position for the ambush of the other three pirates. They can performs as many actions as they like so long as they are completed before the others returns.
6. Ambush the other three pirates. Svetlana will trigger the artificial gravity trap.
7. Combat begins. Some or all of the pirates may be surprised, nauseous or incapacitated at this point.

Re: TSP: Ch. 1 - Into the Silent Planet (IC)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:08 pm
by Delvin
Delvin felt lucky so far. They pilot or whoever had been left behind in the pirate's craft hadn't spotted them. The pirate must have been sleeping or really not expecting trouble for both him and Rian to make it nearly to hatch.

The gunslinger glanced back across the hanger to the secret compartment. His two other siblings were luckily waiting for a signal and the like. Delvin then glanced back to the hatch, noting the cover behind it that could be used.

Making a snap decision, Delving turned to Rian and gestured. He indicated that his brother should take cover at the left back alcove behind the spacecraft. He then tapped his own chest and indicated that a spot behind some steps behind the hatch. Once both of them in position, he would then signal silently across the hanger to Caitlin and Jaden to cross. If they were spotted, hopefully the pirate would come out into the sights of Delvin and Rain. If the other two Mallory's were not spotted, some one could knock on the hatch.

With one last look at his brother, Delvin ducked around the corner and underneath the pirate's spacecraft. He keep his pistol at the ready.

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action: move I3
Standard Action:


Delvin Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 16 , Tch 13, FF 13 CMD: 14 FCMD: 11
HP 12/12
Fort+4 , Ref +5 , Will +2
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand: Fuijin 316 Pistol (+4 attack) 1d6+1 dmg