Marley's life suddenly changed (Xenn Only)

This is for drop-and-play role-playing scenarios. These can either be continuous or one-shot, and can proceed however the starting poster of the thread would like. Usually this means all actions and storylines are allowed.

The intention for these threads are for follow-on posters to input actions and for the starting poster to continue the story using that input. However, the starting poster can choose what rules the adventure follows.

Moderators: DM Sirine, PMiller

Re: Marley's life suddenly changed (Xenn Only)

Postby Mercevial Xenn » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:39 pm

The Story of Marley Grann

Keeping up the ruse of being a junkie, Marley casts a glance around before observing, "Yes.... Your ability to notice the obvious is amazing.... Truly."

"Can you help me out? Do you have a cell phone I can use to get a ride?" Marley presses the issue without seeming desperate. "I have to get to Beacon Hill tonight."

Somewhere down one of the alleys he can hear a cat fighting with something. He leans down slightly trying to get a look at the pumps passenger. "C'mon man... Please."
Mercevial Xenn character sheet

Araella character sheet
Mercevial Xenn
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:29 am

Image Image
Now closer to the purple Cadillac, Marley could see the passenger better. It was a big looking black guy with no hair on his head. Even seated in the car, the tough guy looked cramped as he sat there in dark trench coat over a black T-shirt.

His voice was a deep bass as he replied, “Dumb, mutha fucka.”

The pimp chuckled at the wit and turned back to Marley, “Heh, heh. I don’t lend my cell phone ta juss any junky.”

“Buuuuuut, whatchya willin’ ta do for me?”

The deep voiced companion grunted with amusement, “Git a blow job.”
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Mercevial Xenn » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:30 am

Marley approaches the cars driver side window and leans down, again leveling a stare at the big guy. For the first time, he's let the ruse slip and looks like himself... Tough as nails and determined.

He's fought guys like the big man before. They were confident and relied heavily on their strength and ability to bull rush their foes.

So far, every one of them has been shocked by the power Marley has in his hands. Getting hit by his overhand right was akin to being cracked by a sledgehammer.

Or so he's been told once they woke up.

He glances back to the pimp. "All right, let's get on with it. What the fuck do you need done?"

Araella character sheet
Mercevial Xenn
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:05 am

Image Image

The big guy looked back at Marley, eyes narrowed as he assessed the man in the garbage bags. After the silence following the question stretched on a moment or two, his deep voice broke it, “Yeah, git a blow job outa it.” The amusement was gone though.

The pimp chuckled a bit, but then stopped when he caught the tone of his enforcer and saw he expression. Then he looked back out the window towards Marley.

“Money. I always need money. But you don’t look like ya gots none. And I donna git BJ’s from dudes. I gots da bitches for that any time I want.”

“But youse donna like ya can do anything I needs doin. And ya smell like garbage,” he added with a disgusted look on his face.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Mercevial Xenn » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:25 am

Marley keeps his eyes on the pimp, purposely ignoring the enforcer. "I gotta' go anyway," he says, the ruse of being a junkie completely fallen to the wayside. "This conversation is making me uncomfortable. I've never had talk between three dudes with so many homoerotic fantasy references."

He starts back across the street and towards the bus stop. "Like I told your bitch... Thanks for nothing."

Although the tough stranger has the appearance of leaving casually, he remains hyper aware to any sounds around him. He figures there's a chance the enforcer with catch onto the barb Marley sent his way and try to confront him and he listens for a car door opening.

He was as ready as he could ever be. His bread and butter, as far as fist fighting was concerned, was his hands. He had done training, in his past profession, in mixed martial arts and Aikido. Enough that he could take most regular tough guys by surprise and finish them pretty quickly.

He had the disadvantage of fighting nearly naked, if it came to it, but he had to get to Beacon Hill.

Time was the only enemy that put fear into his heart as of that moment.

Araella character sheet
Mercevial Xenn
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:27 am

Halfway across the street the pimp rolled the window up. Marley had heard them continue some conversation, but could not make out the words. The last he heard was them chuckling as the window finally closed and he was too far away to hear them through the glass. The pair in the Cadillac appeared to have lost interest after having their entertainment.

The bus stop ahead had a newspaper dispenser next to it with the local paper’s logo prominently displayed.

The metal pole beside the graffiti covered bench had a beat up time table on a sign.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Mercevial Xenn » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:31 am

Marley makes it to the dilapidated bus stop and looks at the date on the paper in the dispenser. Once he confirms the actual date, he looks at the bus schedule to try and figure out exactly where he is.

The rain has let up slightly but the bags he's fashioned into makeshift clothes aren't keeping any real warmth in as they're quite cold.

He casts a look back to the purple caddy, making sure the pimp and his in-the-closet enforcer are staying put.

Araella character sheet
Mercevial Xenn
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:39 am

Looking through the little window, Marley could make out the front page on the newspaper. The Seattle Times was dated October 22nd, 2009, about week after the other newspapers he found in the alley’s dumpster. While the box of the dispenser looked rather worn and there was a crack through the glass of the window, the newspaper inside looked brand new.

But as he turned to look at the sign for the bus stop, his hand started to fade again. Looking down, his legs were disappearing too. A heartbeat later and he found himself lying down in the hot desert night. The trash bags were gone and so was the gunk that had caused him to reek of garbage. But he was naked once again.

However, he was lying on some clothes that had a hard bundle in them that was jabbing his back. Sitting up, he realized they were his own clothes… and his gun.

He was back outside the café.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Mercevial Xenn » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:46 am

Marley, although again confused, wastes no time getting dressed.

'Okay... This has to be some sort of lucid dream.... Or nightmare. Or am I losing it..?' thinks the stranger looking desperately up and down the road for the headlights he'd been waiting for.

He quickly gets into his clothes and slides the pistol back into its holster.

Again a coyote howls in the oppressive heat of the desert night.

Araella character sheet
Mercevial Xenn
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:06 am

OOC Spoiler | Show
This pretty much concludes this thread. It was always intended to be short and go until the player realized they had traveled back in time to a place they used to live.

The idea was inspired based on me just watching a movie called “The Time Traveler’s Wife”

I hope you had fun. I enjoyed your participation. :)
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Mercevial Xenn » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:19 am

Yeah... It was good, thanks.

Araella character sheet
Mercevial Xenn
Legend
Legend

Previous

Return to Unlimited Impromptu Role-playing