Herzog Only - Your life suddenly changed (freeform)

This is for drop-and-play role-playing scenarios. These can either be continuous or one-shot, and can proceed however the starting poster of the thread would like. Usually this means all actions and storylines are allowed.

The intention for these threads are for follow-on posters to input actions and for the starting poster to continue the story using that input. However, the starting poster can choose what rules the adventure follows.

Moderators: DM Sirine, PMiller

Herzog Only - Your life suddenly changed (freeform)

Postby PMiller » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:32 am

One minute everything was normal in your life...

Then you noticed your hand slowly disappearing around the edges. Almost like an eraser was making it disappear, or maybe it was a 1000 termites eating away from the edges. Your fingers narrowed, then your whole hand was gone. Same with the other. Oddly you did not feel any pain, but your heart raced as you had no idea what was happening!

It took about 2 seconds and...

You woke up lying in a dark, damp alley. It was night time. You were completely naked, absolutely nothing you had been wearing was with you.

OOC | Show
This is impromtu role-playing. Anyone can respond, but it is solo play. Each participant will be moved to a separate thread after they reply.

It is freeform and set in the modern world.

In reply, please use a picture of your character’s face and reveal their name. It would be a good to begin revealing what, where, when of what they were doing before the “incident” happened.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Re: Your life suddenly changed (freeform)

Postby Herzog » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:37 am

I crack my eyes to the yellow light from the pole on the street. My last memory before blacking out comes rushing out. The fear and surprise of being essentially erased from reality, for lack of a better concept, hit's home. I sit up abruptly and look around. I take in my naked stated and the very unfamiliar surroundings and try not to panic.

"Man some party...."
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Re: Herzog Only - Your life suddenly changed (freeform)

Postby PMiller » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:24 am

You were wet from the pavement under you. And you realized you were cold too. You were lucky it was not winter, but you thought it could be either Spring or Fall. It was not Summer...
unless it was an unusually chilly Summer...
or maybe you were up north.

You could remember clearly where you had been just 2 seconds ago. You were sure that whatever had happened, you had not fallen asleep. You knew who you were and did not think you suffered from amnesia.

One second you were fading and the next you were naked in the alley.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:28 am

I shake my head. This was too weird and bit frightening. One second I was somewhere else minding my own business, and the next I'm naked and wet in a dark alley. Panic was beginning to set in.

I stand up, and looked around for anything that could be used to cover up my nakedness.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:38 am

The alley was quite long, several yards in either direction until it would empty out onto a street. The sides were building lined with some shallow alcoves, and potentially some closed doors in the shadows of them. The street lights were spaced plenty far apart, leaving most of the alley in dimness.

A short way down was a blue dumpster, closed with a black lid. Around you there were none of the typical discarded newspapers or cardboard boxes one might find in an alley.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:08 am

I thought to myself how clean the alley must be. Wonder if that meant the city I was in wasn't a large metropolis. Or I woke up on the right side of the tracks.

Either way, I was still naked, cold and a bit scared.

I quickly move to the blue dumpsters and braced myself for a nasty smell. I then lift the lid and hope there's something that can cover my nakedness and wasn't too smelly.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:15 am

The blue dumpster was filled with garbage and it stank.

You had a few choices for attire after rooting around. There was a cardboard box from a kitchen appliance that was mostly undamaged, only dented instead of torn. There were black garbage bags that were full of trash that could be emptied. And there was some newspapers that looked to be okay.

You were undisturbed while checking out the dumpster, but could hear some cars on the street. Glancing up you saw a white panel van cross in front of the alley opening. There was no traffic, but there appeared to be some cars out at that time of night.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:30 pm

The pickings in the dumpster were very slim. And the smell was about what I expected. It took a lot of will power not to wretch from the stench as I rooted around the dumpster.

The kicten appliance box would do in a pinch to cover the privates. I fetched that box out, and opened the other end. I shimmed into the box like a pair of boxers, and hoped to find something better soon.

I then took a look at the newspaper. Perhaps it would have a clue as to where I am at.

The sound of the van crossing in front of the alley makes me panic. I take the newspaper and duck around the dumpster and try to remain out of sight.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:18 am

You had no trouble hiding from view using the dumpster. It was plenty big enough. After a minute, you peeked around and there was no sign of the van. It had not entered the alley. In the other direction, there appeared to be less traffic as you had not seen a car or anything drive past the opening while you hid.

In the dim light of the dirty street lamp, you could make out the headlines on the newspapers. Finding them in the garbage, you could tell they were used, but they had not yellowed with age.

Some of the newspapers were USA Today from mid-October 6 years ago. You could not tell what city or town sold them as they were nationally distributed. But finally you found a local paper you recognized. It was 6 years old too and you remembered the news story on the front page.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:51 am

6 years...6 years!

I look at the newspaper again at the printed date. It couldn't be possible? Did I get zapped back in time, or has this dumpster not been emptied in a long time. Or some one was cleaning house and threw away a bunch of old newspaper? But they weren't yellow with age...

At least the paper did tell me I was still in the good ol USA. Not that USA Today could be found outside the country, but probably wasn't common to be found in a dumpster.

I need to find out more.

Let's see what is about this alley. I steel myself for some possible embarrassment at my naked state and head towards the less trafficked end of the alley.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:25 am

Out on the other street, traffic was pretty minimal and there was hardly anyone in sight.

Directly across from the opening to the alley, there was a rather beat up looking bus stop with a bench and a coin-operated newspaper dispenser next to it.

A block away to the left and across the street there was a dark sedan on the corner where woman with a large afro stood beside it. She was standing with her hands on the roof of the car as she leaned lower to talk with the driver through the passenger window. She was a colored woman, dressed in tight skirt that was very short, dark stockings and boots to her knees. She wore a red leather jacket too.

Whatever the conversation, the black woman straightened up and the car drove away. She walked to the street lamp and leaned against it to smoke a cigarette.

There was a purple Cadillac parked another block down. That four door sedan was riding low on its rear suspension, so low that it looked to be on purpose. It had tinted windows so dark you could not see if anyone was inside or not.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 am

I paused and glanced around apprehensively. The street did not look friendly at all.

Glancing one direction, I saw what I would guess would be a street hooker. From the colored woman's dress of short skirt, and fishnet stockings, she couldn't be anything else. Looking the other direction, I see the purple Cadellic riding low. Must be the hookers pimp....yikes!

But across the street was a bus stop sign and a newspaper dispenser. That would have more information.

Trying to look inconspicuous, as one could being naked and using an box as cover, I cross the street in a jog. I pray to god that the pimp or whoever doesn't take notice. Luckily, the street had little traffic, and I didn't need to play frogger.

Reaching the bus sign, I glance it and try to read the route information. It might give a clue to what city I was in. I then glance down at the newspaper dispenser to see if I can read anything through the glass.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:44 am

After you looked at the bus stop, you recognized a few of the street names on the Red B route. Finding the actual city name was not so easy from the sign. Whoever designed it did not think a reader would no know what city they were in. From what you knew of your home city from 6 years ago, the neighborhood you were in was in a bad part of the city.

You confirmed your that the city was the same one you lived in 6 years ago from the advertisement of the local paper on the newspaper dispenser. The front page was clearly visible through the glass window. The date was October 31st, 2009, putting the other newspapers about 2-3 weeks old.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:19 am

Recognizing some of the streets of the bus sign made me feel uneasy. Even more so than I already us. I was beginning to feel a pit in my stomach.

Looking down at the newspaper dispenser, I stare in shock.

"No way, No way!" I exclaim as I see the date is from 6 years ago.

It couldn't be real, but it had to be. Newspaper in the dumpster was one thing. Newspaper in a dispenser was entirely different. Even on the bad side of town.

However illogical it was, it looked like I got zapped back in time.

"Shit, shit shit!" I panic.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:05 am

Just as panic was setting in, you noticed that your hands were starting fade again. The outline of your body was slowly disappearing, just as it had done a few minutes before.

Suddenly you were back exactly where you were before waking up in the alley. You were naked once more, the box was gone. However the clothes you had been wearing were there in a pile at your feet like someone had simply dropped them.

OOC Spoiler | Show
This pretty much concludes this thread. It was always intended to be short and go until the player realized they had traveled back in time to a place they used to live.

The idea was inspired based on me just watching a movie called “The Time Traveler’s Wife” when I started it up.

I hope you had fun. I enjoyed your participation. :)
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Next

Return to Unlimited Impromptu Role-playing