BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Convicted Murderers, Thieves, and pirates. They all have a propensity towards violence. Something that the Empire of Khodar needs in its struggle against the Thelmor Dominion. As a convicted criminal, you are given the choice. Serve in the army for a chance at freedom or go to headsman. Wanting to live, you choose the former and enter the world of the Black Company.

Moderator: Herzog

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Herzog » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:33 am

Emri's connection remained weak. All she had was a sense of direction, and that was north.

Image

"There there," Cynric said sympathetically. The pirate looked over at Horns as the minatour suggested they all follow after Emri's connection. He nodded once in agreement.

"If we find your Tik-tik, all the better. If not, maybe we will learn something anyways."

"Methinks the Sergeant is more perceptive than we give him credit for. But aye, a story, a good one...hmmm..."

THe pirate began to ponder as the group of you set out north following Emri.

Perhaps after an hour of trekking through the woods, you break out of the woods and come across a road. From the looks of it, it travels in a north/south direction. There obvious ruts and wheel tracks from carriages and wagons.

Cynric broke the silence.

"Hmm, perhaps the Tik-tik was being transported by carriage. Might explain his speed."

The pirate looked north along the road. You didn't see any other travelers in the immediate vicinity.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Emri » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:08 am

"That would explain the speed, but where does this road lead?" looking back at Cynric and Horns. "I never really got out much," quietly adding, "The Mistress wouldn't let me go far..."

"Perhaps I can explain to Sergeant Redarm that I'll be of more use with my TikTik, and we can go after him with the horses? I mean, he saw my 'knife skills', I'm USELESS! There has to be a way to convince him..." Emri explains desperately.
User avatar
Emri
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby PMiller » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:07 pm

Image
Horns shrugged his mighty, furred shoulders. "Carriage be soundin' like a luxury passenger. More like caged in a wagon or on horse back. Unless the Tiknapper actually knew he had a mage's familiar, he would probably think he had an exotic animal."

"Ya never ken, da ol' sarge might be sympathetic if we can bring back the creature. I am sure he ain't impressed with your camp follower skills so far. You could clean up around camp," he offered. "Tis bound ta be better than death... Heh, fuckin' sarge might be better than death too. Ya might like it." He chuckled.

He did not know where the road led, be he strode off to find the Tiknapper, happy enough at the semblance of freedom they were briefly enjoying. "Let's get movin'."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Herzog » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:44 am

Image

"Assuming we are able to retrieve your Tik-Tik and survive the Sergeants wraith, I think ol' Redarm would see the light." Cynric commented as Emri once again mentioned her uselessness. The pirate had come to realize why the Sergeant was a hard ass and such, he was fair in some respects. At least that is what the pirate perceived.

After a moment of silence, the pirate shrugged his shoulders.

"Let's worry about that once we find this Tik-tik. As far as where we are, no idea. I got turned around in the forest."

The long haired man looked briefly at the tracks and started after Horns. The big minatour had already started walking north along the road.

The three of you walked north along the road for the next hour. The road skirted the forest and then snaked itself into some rolling plans. Farms dotted the landscape just off the road. You occasionally spotted a farm hand working the fields. The road itself was mostly free of traffic. Mostly, as a rider came speeding by heading north. The rider looked like some Imperial messenger or the like, and didn't bother to stop as you stood out of the way.

Topping a small rise, you finally see where the road leads. About a mile or so down the road lay a small walled town. It looked it have a population of several thousand, and the homes had very distinctive red roofs. In the center lay stood out a fancy church.

Emri could feel her connection getting stronger. As in, her Tik Tik must have stopped in the town.

Image
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Emri » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:20 pm

As the party makes their way north, Emri's connection gets steadily stronger. But she doesn't dare announce this in case she might jinx it. Jinx's being powerful things and all. She just increases her pace a little bit at a time, eager to be with her TikTik again. As they crest the hill, Emri is ecstatic!

Maybe he's here. No, he has to be, I FEEL it!, she thinks. "My connection to TikTik is strong again," she finally says, "he has to be in this town. Let's go!"

Confident that they'll find her TikTik, Emri races off toward the town. All those months of training are paying off now that she has a goal in mind.
User avatar
Emri
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby PMiller » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:19 am

Image
Horns was not entirely pleased to see a town as their destination. In his experience, that was usually a situation where additional trouble was likely to be encountered. There was prejudice in duplicate at least no matter what. Townsfolk did not like the Black Company and were wary of his appearance.

But with Emri tearing off ahead he grumbled, “Shit,” and followed after her.

“Lass, ya gotta hold up. We cannot go running into town, particularly with me and Cynric chasing after ya. The local guards will give us shit and we avoid giving them a reason to stick their nose in our business.”
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Emri » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:19 am

Before getting too far ahead, Emri stops and looks back at Horns and Cynric.

"What, why wouldn'..... Oh," realizing that a minotaur and as rough looking a man as Cynric would scare normal people. As they had her when she first "joined" with the Black Company. These few months of training together acclimated her to their appearances.

"Well, what if we show them our marks," showing the back of her hand, "I mean we are a part of an army for the country are we not? And we are on a mission, who's to say it isn't supposed to take us into town?" She says while folding her arms, pouting just a little bit. "And what if they're hurting him! You can smash them into paste, and I've seen what Cynric can do on the training grounds, so as long as get TikTik back I don't care."
User avatar
Emri
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby PMiller » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:08 am

Image
Horns had already found that the brands of the Black Company were a mixed bag. “Well, lass, in a way you be correct.”

“Brands do mark us as army, but that don’t win us any favors. Regular army be assholes about it and not very helpful.

“An’ the common folk know we are from prison. They might not kill us once they found out, but some are more likely to attack if they found there were good reason and figure taint nuthin’ to be punished for seein’ as we be sentenced to death and all. Given enough numbers, the local militia be way more than me and dis pirate can handle.”

“Strolling in like we be on important business be the way ta enter the town. Juss assume your best don’t fuck with me expression.”

To demonstrate, Horns stood a bit straighter and his bullish expression was just as fearsome as normal, except he let the nostrils flare in and out with his breathing while his eyes narrowed.

He started down the road at a purposeful pace, moving steadily but without appearing to really rush.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Herzog » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:18 am

Mid Novembus, 944 FE - Early afternoon

Image

"Horns has the right of it, Red. And they don't need to see our marks to know who we are. Our armor and tunics are the Black Company colors. They are going to know who we are before we got close to show the Brands."

The pirate fell in line beside Horns, lengthening his stride to keep up. He made his expression purposeful, like they were on a mission.

"Wonder if this will turn out like that little errand of getting those supplies from the Army?" he asked idly. After the prejudice of that little jaunt, Cynric expected this would not be a cake walk of any sort.

The three of you moved down the road towards the city. Before long you arrived at the gates. However, a line had queued up as the town watch inspected and interviewed those wishing to enter the town. Such a sight had become common place with since the war broke out. You would have to wait your turn.

As you took your place in line, those civilians nearby took note with worried expressions. The town watch had caught on and it seems a runner was sent to fetch the captain on duty.

spoiler: show
if you are going to try intimidation or persuasion, make the appropriate dice rolls. default TN.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Emri » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:21 am

"Well, I guess I never thought of it like that," looking down at her garb. She never really paid attention to fashion growing up with the Mistress.

Following behind the two in thought, Emri nearly ran into the back of Cynric as they pulled up to the queue. Waiting to head through, she notices the nervous looks they were getting. Seeing the guards point and run off, Emri tries her 'Don’t fuck with me expression' as Horns said. Remembering the noble that got her into this situation makes her pretty sure her face says what it needs to.
User avatar
Emri
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby PMiller » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:42 am

Image
Horns almost decided to bull his way through the crowd forming a queue at the gate. But they had tried that sort of brazen tactic on that supply run Cynric mentioned. “Yeah, I certainly hope we donna have a repeat of last time. At least the crazy gnome taint here ta muck the shit up.”

“I can do the talkin’… er not talkin’ as it were. Less we say the betta.”

While he was standing in line, he breathed a bit heavier on purpose. Those large nostril flared some with the low snorting that exhaled on the commoner in front of him. Looking up over his shoulder, the peasant was confronted with a minotaur looming a bit into his personal space.

The muscles on his massive arms flexed as he audibly tightened the grip on the war club resting upon his shoulder.

Intimidation using Strength(7)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Herzog » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:47 am

"Aye, that's the right of it, " murmured Cynric as Horns put on an intimidated look. The pirate saw that the redhead was attempting to try her best, and so he put his best face forward.

Like the minatour, the long haired man kept a dour expression and cracked his knuckles idly. Between himself, Horn's large form and heavy hammer, some of peasants stood out the way and let you bypass them. Before too long, the trio of you found yourself in front of the town guard controlling the flow through the gate.

Image

The man was dressed in a leather and padded jerkin, and was armed with a pole arm. There were a couple of other men similar dressed and armed with crossbows. All of them looked to be more like volunteers than army regulars. The one checking people as they came through the gate stared at you as you arrived in front of you.

"State...State your business!" he stuttered as he stared wide eyed at the three of you.

GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby PMiller » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:59 pm

Image
Horns looked down at the guard, his menacing glare unchanged. The nostrils flared in and out, reminding one of a bull getting ready to charge. To complete the picture, all he needed to do was paw the ground with a hoof.

He answered flatly, “Black Company business.” He jerked a massive thumb at the embroidered emblem on his issued jerkin that was about the size of a bedsheet.

“What’s yar business?” he asked with a head jerk at the checkpoint. “Ya be lookin’ for sumthin’?”
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Emri » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:34 pm

Emri lets Horns and Cynric deal with the guards at the gate. She steps back a little and centers herself. Being so close to the town, knowing that her TikTik has to be here, she begins focusing on her connection with him. Never has she needed him more than now, pouring all her feelings, casting all her doubts, concentrating all her power into connecting to him again.

Skill Roll | Show
Emri's Familiar(10)


"AAAHDHHGHDHGHHAHAHAH," Emri screams suddenly. Tears starting to streak down, anger in her voice, she moves past Horns and right in the guard's face says, "SOMEONE in YOUR TOWN has stolen something from m... us. We are under orders to get it back. After we retrieve said item, we will leave, now tell whoever you need to tell that we are in coming into your town. BUT WE ARE COMING INTO YOUR TOWN."

Skill Roll | Show
Intimidation using Strength(1)
User avatar
Emri
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Herzog » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:54 am

Image

Suddenly having a screaming redhead in his face was enough for the guard. He jumped back in terror, looking at the three of you unsure what to do. Several of the civilians in the line were astonished and began making way as well.

The guard gulped and came to quick decision, not wanting to incur any more wraith from the three of you.

"C...Car...Carry on then!"

He stuttered in fear as he motioned you through the gate.

The three of you quickly moved on before the guards captain came to set him right. Through the gate and glance backward, you could see the late captain chewing out the poor guard. But no move was made to chase after you.


Cynric was truly impressed.

"Damn Red! That was quite the act!" he said with respect. The pirate was probably clueless that it wasn't all an act.

Now in the town proper, the three of you found yourself on one of the only cobblestone streets in the town street. The sides streets shooting off are hardpacked dirt, with this main boulevard leading to a central town square. The square itself is dominated by a stone church. The houses, shops and other businesses are mostly wood construction and none taller than three stories. They are all painted a white stucco of some sort and have red clay roofs. Some of the more affluent looking structures have a whitewashed stone first floor.

Despite being let into the town, the citizens are giving you weary looks.

"Well, now where to?" piped up Cynric.

Emri's connection was a little better, but only told her confirmed that Tik Tik was indeed in the town. What section or direction was not able to be determined.

spoiler: show
Used the last familiar check roll...since that was not needed before. Rolling again isn't going to tell you any more at this time. Sorry, need to figure this one out by other means =p
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Black Company [The Window]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron