BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Convicted Murderers, Thieves, and pirates. They all have a propensity towards violence. Something that the Empire of Khodar needs in its struggle against the Thelmor Dominion. As a convicted criminal, you are given the choice. Serve in the army for a chance at freedom or go to headsman. Wanting to live, you choose the former and enter the world of the Black Company.

Moderator: Herzog

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Emri » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:12 pm

Frowning Emri replies, "Is that so? Hmmm." Thinking for a bit, she dejectedly asks, "Do you know of anyone with some eccentric tastes that would order exotic animals? An affluent member of the town perhaps?"

Emri gets the feeling that it won't be as simple as this. Finding TikTik is going to take longer than she thought. All we need is one clue, surely someone knows, she thought to herself.
User avatar
Emri
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby PMiller » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:30 pm

Image
Horns asked, "What 'bout anybody that deal with exotic foodstuffs for any beasts? Sumbody's pet monkey or tiger don't eat like cows."

He decided to get right to point as his picked up the most fragile and pricey item the merchant was selling. "We are lookin' fur a monkey that might have just been brought into the town. Ya ken who have dun it?"

"Iffin ya don't, den point us in the right direction."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12336
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Herzog » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:36 am

The merchant was about to answer Emri, when he saw Horns pick up one of his pricey items. The man scowled as he understood the implied threat.

"Really!? Really? That is how this going to go down? Threatening to get information that I would gladly give if I knew it? No wonder you Black Company folks have a bad reputation. And here I was giving you the benefit of the doubt."

The man fumed at the Minotaur, almost daring him to break his merchandising. Out of the corner of your eyes, you saw some city watch, and so did he. It wouldn't take much to call the city watch down.

The stall's owner looked at Emri and softened his expression. He wasn't about to paint you all with the same brush.

"Farengar Seacrest. The town's resident and eccentric mage. If any one possesses or knows of any exotic animals, it would be him. His villas is north of town."
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3140
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Emri » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:52 pm

Excitedly Emri says, "Ah thank you so much sir!" and turns to horns, "Thank you Horns, I've got what I came for now." Smiling at the merchant she then begins to head off, seemingly oblivious to the tension.

As they walked away Emri mentions, "While I want to go see this mage as soon as possible, I think we should find lodging first. Then we head immediately to this Farengar." However, she worriedly adds, "I've never met another magic user before... The Mistress always kept me away from them. Told me to be wary of them."
User avatar
Emri
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby PMiller » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:55 pm

Image
Horns only glared at the merchant, the bullish nostrils flaring as he handled the merchandise. He did not look to the town guard, and was sorely tempted to break the item out of spite. But then, likely the guard would believe whatever lies the man said if it came down to it.

He handed it back to the merchant and said, "Here. Prolly overpriced anyway."

He tromped off with Emri. He shook his head saying, "Lass, this is not a pleasure trip to be stayin' in the inn. We gotta get back to da Company."

"We find your Tikker-Tik quickest possible. We go now to find this mage. Tis still early enough."

"It sounded like the villa taint too far, but maybe the pirate wants to try the tavern too before we leave the area. Or not, since the tavern prolly be better in da evenin' iffin we still be here."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12336
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Herzog » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:33 am

Image

"Lass, we don't have the coin for lodgings. And Horns is right. We need to make this quick if we can. The longer we're away, the more trouble we are going to be in. I am sure the Sarge is already seething."

The pirate was worried a bit about the last part. He had heard some of the rumors of what the Black Company does to their deserters. They look after their own, and it's punishment could be worse than simply seeing the headsman.

"Aye, the tavern would be lively in the evening. We can't wait, and see or we can find this mage's house and scope it out."

The trio of you had moved off to the side and out of sight of the merchant and guard as you tried to come to agreement on what to do next.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3140
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Emri » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:55 pm

Emri had completely forgotten about the sergeant. Taking in both of their words, she realizes that she has been pretty haphazard with chasing TikTik.

"Well since it's like that, then let's go see this mage, get my TikTik and head back," she says. "I rather bring him back to show something for our efforts all this time... Maybe the sergeant won't be so mad..."
User avatar
Emri
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby PMiller » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:39 am

Image
Horns grunted in agreement with the pirate, “Hmmngh, aye. The Sarge will be having his fuckin’ panties in bunch when next we see him, for damned sure.”

“Lass,” he said turning to look down at the red-headed woman. “Ya gonna have to think of a way to make it up to the Sergeant, ya ken. Too bad screwin’ him taint gonna work. Twould be too easy, iffin ya could.”

He gestured in a northerly direction. “We need to find this mage. Should be in this direction somewhere, maybe it be obvious when we get close, or maybe we need to ask sumbody else.”

Horns started clomping off in the general direction the merchant indicated. Maybe the mage would have a sign or something that announced Seacrest Manor.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12336
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Herzog » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:48 am

Image

Cynric was absent mindlessly rubbing his Brand at the mention of the pissed of Sarge. You could tell that was not something he was looking forward to. With a direction now set, he shook himself.

"Right. Can't be too many mages in a town this size."

The pirate followed after Horns, making it look like he was Company business.

As you moved into the northern district of the town, you definitely could tell that it was the more affluent section. Most of the buildings were stone in both the first and second floors. They also looked better kept up, with less rubbish laying about in the streets. It was less crowded, and the few people you saw were dressed better than average. Some had the look of a manservant or two. The looks you were getting were a cross between disgust and what are you doing in this area.

Turns out finding the mage's manor was fairly easy. It was the only one that had large, exquisitely carved gargoyles on pedestals guarding a closed and locked gate. They looked almost real and gave the impression of always watching. Behind the gate was a small exotic garden before reaching the manor itself. The plants and such were of the kind that could only thrive in the climate do to magical intervention. The manor itself was a 2 story whitewashed stone structure in the shape of a U. One section of the U looked to be a menagerie of sorts. There was no steward or footman guarding the gate.

Emri's connection was still fairly silent, almost as if blocked by strong wards or the like.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3140
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Emri » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:07 pm

Finding the Mage's home was rather easy, being as eccentric as it was. Emri was slightly nervous being in the more prosperous section of the city. The Mistress only had one client in the Rich quarter back home, and she never brought her along. Saying I wasn't ready to handle the "dangers of the wealthy". Even when the Mistress left Emri never ventured into the Rich quarter, and whichever client was there never called on Emri, much to her relief.

Arriving at the front gates, she turns to the duo, "Do we just go up and ask? Is there proper procedure for this? I don't feel my connection any stronger than it has been, but" Emri shoots a glance at the manor, "If I was as powerful as him, I'd definitely have some measures of hiding all that I do."
User avatar
Emri
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby PMiller » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:20 am

Image
Horns took in the mansion and nodded at Emri's opinions about wizards. "Aye, you prolly correct on the protections. I be reared in a underground lair for an asshole wizard. Right sonuvabitch he was. He had all sorts of wards to protect against scrying and intrusion, particularly around his inner sanctum. I think he liked ta screw little boys or horny devils down there."

"He was paranoid about spies and such too, afraid we'd revolt on him too. Anyway, I expect this mage be no different. Expect him ta beat haughty, arrogant, and a real prick about being disturbed by the likes of us. Especially if he be keeping yar ticker tok in there."

The minotaur glanced at the ornamental gargoyles with suspicion. They looked real enough that he thought they could be actual gargoyles and just not moving, hiding right there in plain sight. He figured it would be just like a crazy wizard to pay for some such protections.

He gestured to the stone figurines perched on the pedestals flanking the gate, "Do ya suppose those be fuckin' real ones?" He got closer and poked one with his great war club and addressed the carved statue, "Hey there, bub. Ya wanna tell your master he gots visitors."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12336
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby Herzog » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:33 am

The gargoyle statues did not react to Horns prodding. Either they were realistically done statues that cost a lot of coin, or the minotaurs poking didn't trigger them to wake. Whatever the case, there was no response from the statues themselves. However, a click was heard as the gate appeared to be unlock.

Image
"Uhhh....creepy" Cynric said as he light pushed on the gate to verify that it just unlocked itself. The pirate eyed the statues with great distrust. As far as you could tell, there was no one else around.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3140
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: BC: Chasing the Tik-tik

Postby PMiller » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:16 pm

Image
Horns glanced at Cynric and snorted softly through his flaring nostrils. He was not especially fond of wizards in general after being enslaved by one. When they started flexing their magical powers to do the unnatural, it only made him uneasy.

He mumbled in a deep grumble, “Aye. Prolly watchin’ s right now.”

Horns glared at the gargoyle statues one more time, still thinking they might be alive and just doing an imitation of a real carving of rock. He opened the gate and gestured for the others to head on through.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12336
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Previous

Return to The Black Company [The Window]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests