BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1 [IC]

Convicted Murderers, Thieves, and pirates. They all have a propensity towards violence. Something that the Empire of Khodar needs in its struggle against the Thelmor Dominion. As a convicted criminal, you are given the choice. Serve in the army for a chance at freedom or go to headsman. Wanting to live, you choose the former and enter the world of the Black Company.

Moderator: Herzog

BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1 [IC]

Postby Herzog » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:42 pm

944 FE, Septembus – Late Morning

The pale woman’s estimation was slightly off. It was more like a couple of hours before the barge you were traveling on came into sight of the Ivanstead. By this time, the air had warmed a bit that the blankets were no longer necessary. The sky became slightly over cast, with the sun occasionally peeking through some clouds. All in all, a decent fall day.

Image

As the barge rounds the last curve in the river, you get a clear view of what must be Ivanstead Barracks. It comprised of a large, squat round tower that was on next to the river, one or two tall buildings, and some walls. The construction was at least a 100 years old, maybe older as there are signs of repair and additions. On a flag pole, the flag of the Empire flew. Below it the black and grey iron cross standard of the Black Company.

Upstream of the barracks, you could see the large mill and few buildings that made up the hamlet of Ivanstead. The hamlet also had its docks and ferry. It was the picture of small and quaint village that made the old fort look a bit out of place.

Before too long, the barge is pulled up to the fort’s dock and the tow horses untethered and led away. The crew bustle about the barge, mooring it and preparing to unload cargo from the aft hold. You notice that there is another barge already tied off and loaded. Perhaps you were not the only prisoners to arrive this day.

The pale woman steps onto the dock and reports to a burly looking soldier wearing the grey and black of the company. A dwarven smith shows up shortly with tools and goes to work on the chains. In fifteen minutes are so, you are all free of shackles. A small taste of freedom.

A squad of men arrive to facility the unloading of the barge. Two are detailed to take care of the body of the dead prisoner, while another pair escort you into the fort proper.

Once past the walls, you enter the courtyard on the old fort. It is rather spacious and contains a couple of fenced off practice areas. Along one side of the yard is a barrack looking building, only two stories tall. The other building is about three stories. The first floor of that one looks to be a kitchen and mess area. Stables are tucked around in the corner.

As you are walked past one of the practice yards, you see that a session of some sort is finishing up. However, most of the participants being helped or carried out of the yard look to be prisoners. They are dressed in ragged prison tunics just like you, and have fresh brands. There are several leaning up against the fence. There looks are appraising as they glance your direction. Several pause at the sight of Horns. A minotaur taking the brand stirs up speculation.

Eventually, you are brought to a covered pavilion adjacent to the practice yard. There are several racks of various practice weapons ranging from swords to axes to maces. One rack contained some range weapons, where the arrows and bolts are blunt or otherwise non-lethal.

Your escorts disappear, and you are left for the moment by yourselves. Looking back out at the practice field, you see more spectators lining up along the fence as the area is cleared of the unconscious.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1

Postby PMiller » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:50 am

Image

Horns snorted awake once the barge’s motion changed with reaching the dock. He rolled his neck and said nothing as they waited to be released. With chains gone and minimal escort, it was really only his word to behave that kept him in check. He clopped along to the fort, taking in the sights of the village and state of repair of things.

He impassively noted the practice session and the onlookers staring at him. People always stared at him. He just ignored it. He had no sympathy for the beaten prisoners being helped or carried from the practice ring.

Horns was not a genius, but he had gathered that they were likely to be the next ones up be tested. He snorted a grunt and started picking over the smallish weapons. “Looks like they wanna play sum bull in the ring.”

“Hmmmph, everythin’ too small,” he grumbled as he looked at the selection of weapons that were one-handed for men. He found a practice axe that was meant to be two-handed and he picked it up. The balance was off with the blunt, wooden shape of an axe head on one end. It made an okay hand axe substitute in his massive hands.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12048
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1

Postby Mercevial Xenn » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:00 pm

Image

The diminutive gnome leaps up as the barge changes course and moves towards the docks of Ivanstead. He excitedly watches as the vessel gets dragged towards its mooring position.

When the dwarf comes to work on his shackles, Ataxia watches him with the same intensity he had watched the pale magic user just a few hours before. "Well aren't you a curious looking 'not gnome'! You're like a tiny giant!" he observes.

"Your forearms are as thick as anchors!" He marvels as the dwarf tries hard to ignore him.

Closing one eye tightly and keeping the same side of his mouth tightly closed, he bellows, "I yam what I yam!!"

The dwarf couldn't free Ataxia quickly enough. The gnome thanks him profusely for his extra effort.

Once they're ushered into the courtyard Ataxias head whips from one new sight to the next. 'Ooooo's and Ahhhhhh's' abound as the curious alchemist takes in the sights.

When they see the other prisoners being taken out unconscious and bloody, Ataxia, with great empathy and dramatic flair, mouths the word 'ouch' to those looking his way. He returns an unconsciously confident gaze to those appraising them.

As soon as he sees the weapons and comes to the same conclusion as the Minotaur, he bee lines to the short bow which, in his hands, looks relatively long.

He looks around, under the table, behind the barrel, and scratches his thin chin, looking perplexed.

"Good sir!" he says, directing his comment to one of their handlers, "I can't seem to find the alchemist fire vials. These blunt arrows will be highly ineffective without it. Be a good lad and scrounge me up some?"

The gnomes genuine look of expectation radiates completely, much like every other emotion the mad alchemist has.
Mercevial Xenn character sheet

Araella character sheet
User avatar
Mercevial Xenn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:54 am
Location: The Fallout Universe

Re: BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1

Postby Merry Mortician » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:34 pm

Image
Oswyn steps to the weapons arrayed before them and picks them over with feigned interest. He turns a shortsword over and moments later hefts a heavy mace as if to appraise it. After a moment, he looks back to the other prisoners and says, "Here comes that weapons training. As I mentioned much earlier, I'm no soldier."
Merry Mortician
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:01 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1

Postby PMiller » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 am

Image

Horns shrugged at Oz's defeatist attitude. "Doncha worry. If we can work together, ya can stick by me. If it is everyone for themselves, ya be lookin' at beatin' to prove ya need sum trainin'. Mayhap the pale lady will take care o' that."

The large minotaur was suspecting the upcoming contest of arms was going to establish some dominance for the instructors. If they were expected to lose, then it was to prove a point. He snorted as he mentally considered that he might very well prove his points to them with gory detail.

He glanced at the little gnome as he asked for some lethal substance. He thought it unlikely they would grant his request, so he offered, "Maybe ya should just use sum mud an' pretend."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12048
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1

Postby Herzog » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:04 am

944 FE, Septembus – Late Morning

The "handler" that Ataxia asked the question wasn't helpful. The man shook his head and gestured at the weapon's racks before walking away.

As you check out the weapons on the rack, you find that they are all for regular size races. It makes sense as that is what makes up the bulk of the existing armed forces.

Cynric figured out what was up as well. The man was paying attention like the others and was mentally preparing himself. At least this fight, he was being armed.

Image

"Well, it shouldn't be so one sided now, eh? Not like the prison guards after all."

The long haired man was massaging his wrists from where the shackles had been. He was pursuing the sword rack. Picking on a longsword, Cynric hefted it and tested it's wait. Pretending he knew what he was doing. He then looked at the prisoner who had been knocked out by the pale woman. That guy still looked like he was going to bolt.

"You got a name?"

Image

The other prisoner looked startled as he was asked a question. He licked his lips while trying to find his voice.

"Qe-Quentin Cipius..." he stuttered.

"Well, Quent. Better pick a weapon. Otherwise, you're going to just get another beating."

Cipius stood there for a second not quiet processing what Cynric was saying. He looked around at the others, and then at the practice field and finally figured it out. He gulped and moved over the a rake of maces.

Those of you with a bit of local knowledge might recall that the Cipius family was a minor noble house in the empire. There had been some recent drama in the last year or so. Something about a bastard son involved in scandalous crime that resulted in a death or two.

Image

About this time, a stocky human entered the pavilion. The man had dark hair and beard, and his face was hard. There was an air of experience around him in in the way he carried himself. Disciplined, like the army. He was wearing some leather armor over the black and grey tunic, and had a chevron strip on his sleeve. It looked like he was some one of rank.

He paused, looked around, and nodded as the group of you were preparing yourselves.

"Good. I don't have to explain it then!" he announced. He motioned you guys into a line so that he could easily address the rest of you. He spoke with authority and practice.

"Gentlemen! I am Sergeant Redarm. I am one of the many here at Ivanstead that are tasked with making you useful in battle. You've all have taken a life already, otherwise you wouldn't be here with the Brand. So the capacity to kill is already present and that is something we wished to sharpen in order to use against the Empire's enemies. But first, we must test your mettle. To see what kind of man we must work with. To break down and remold."

Sergeant Redarm paused and looked at each of you. His gaze paused on Ataxia and then Horns, evaluating before moving on to the others.

"In a moment, you will go out in to the practice yard and face off with some veterans, armed with practice weapons like yourself. Myself and others will be watching and evaluating. We shall find out what we have to work with. Welcome to the Black Company."

"Any questions?"
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1

Postby PMiller » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:35 am

Image

Horns held out the practice axe that looked more like a crooked twig in his large hand, "Yeah, do you have anything better than this toothpick for someone like me? Or maybe I should just use what I already got."

He tossed the practice weapon over his shoulder, discarding it with contempt. He did not even know how to effectively use an axe anyway. A greatclub with spikes would be okay, but there had not been one of those in the racks. The tiny cudgel that they had would have been dwarfed in his fist.

Horns already knew how to fight and gore people. But something told him that Sergeant Redarm would not appreciate him trampling over his veterans and impaling them on his horns.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12048
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1

Postby Merry Mortician » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:53 pm

Image
At Sergeant Redarm's confirmation of the fighting to come, Oz dumps the practice mace back onto the table. He mumbles to himself, thinking aloud.

"Hmm, an axe has a nearly analogous motion to a cleaver. But it is weighted so differently. Perhaps...Ah, yes. These will do." He picks up a handful of long wooden shafts, each ending in a ball of wool and cloth to keep it for training. "Some javelins and...A spear." The man adds a slightly different stick to his bundle and carries them nearer the practice yard.

While waiting for the sergeant to invite the lot into the fenced-in yard, Carver tears a long, narrow strip of cloth from the hem of his tunic and uses it to tie the wood together.
Merry Mortician
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:01 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1

Postby Mercevial Xenn » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:25 pm

Image

Ataxia pouts for a moment as the handler denies him his very reasonable request for liquid death. His disappointment turns to a different emotion, however, as the 'not-gnome' who calls himself Horns suggests pretending he had some alchemists fire.

"THAT..." begins the gnome seriously, "...has to be, perhaps, the best idea I've ever heard!" His face lights up at the thought, spreading into an infectious, almost eerie grin.

He takes his arrows and searches out some mud to spread on the tips to pretend he's blowing people up. After a short search he finds something oh-so-much-better.

Once he's coated his arrows he gets into line to be observed by the new human. He can hear the sharp snaps of a snare drum in his head as the soldier looks them over.

When Sergeant Redarms gaze pauses on him he gives him the thumbs up and winks an ever knowing wink. "I pretended to coat my arrows with explosives," he says in a mischievous, conspiratol stage whisper, his eyes shiftily glancing side to side. "It's really just horse poop, but it will do great. Alchemists fire...horse shit...they're kinda' the same. No one wants to get either on their face."

At the end of Sergeant Redarms speech, he asks if anyone has questions. Ataxia has had a burning question since the beginning of the speech and raises his hand briefly before blurting, "Is Sergeant Redarm your real name or just a cool nickname? Did you get it in a drunken snake-bite arm burn contest, or something like that?? I could totally see you being in a badass contest like that."

When it's time to go to the field, he takes his bow and putrid arrows and falls in behind Carver.
Mercevial Xenn character sheet

Araella character sheet
User avatar
Mercevial Xenn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:54 am
Location: The Fallout Universe

Re: BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1

Postby Herzog » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:21 am

944 FE, Septembus – Late Morning

Image

Sergeant Redarm watched as the lot of you picked through and made your choices. It seems you are already under evaluation. The sergeant was keeping an eye on what weapons were chosen. He noted Oz’s choice of spear and javelins, Quentin’s mace and Cynric’s longsword.

Redarm looked up as Horns asked the question. His expression was well hidden.

“Sorry. Everything here is army standard issue, regular sized. Improvise or make do with what you got.”


Image

Cynric had made his choice of longsword, looked over at the minotaur and suggested.

“Maybe fashion a club out of one of the racks….?” The long haired man shrugged.

Sergeant Redarm stood waiting for the last of you to decide on your weapons. The practice yard was clear and the crowd of spectators waited expectantly.

Watching the Ataxia, the sergeant gave a little chuckle at the gnome's use of horse shit to mimic alchemist fire. He approved of the use.

"Aye, It will serve them right if they do."

At the question of his last name, Redarm chuckled again and then caught himself. He said sternly, "No, it's because my arms were coated red in the blood of my enemies." Quentin gulped at the admission.

By this time Cynric and Quentin lined up as well, brandishing their chosen weapons.

"Ready? Good, let's go!" Sergeant Redarm beckoned you to follow and led you out to the into the practice yard.

The yard itself was a space of about 50ft by 50ft surrounded by a simple wooden fence. The ground was packed dirt that turned into a mud pit should it rain. Luckily, there was no rain on the forecast for today. Along two sides, there were about a couple of dozen spectators. It was a mixture of veterans, trainers and recruits. The pale woman from the barge was present as well, and wore a sour face.

Leaving you on one side of the practice yard, Sergeant Redarm proceeded to the center. He called out names and veterans from the spectators began fetching practice weapons and jumping the fence. In the end, it was 6 versus you 5. The sergeant was not making an account for the dead prisoner.

"There are causalities in battle. Deal with it." he said when Cynric tried to protest.

Your opponents have a range of weapons. Three of them are carrying bows with blunted arrows, and have practice longswords at their sides and shields on their backs. One burly looking veteran has greatsword on his back and javelin's in his hand. Another has a polearm of some kind, and the last was dual-wielding a short sword and rapier

In the center of the yard, Redarm bellowed.

"Alright! There are two rules to this bout. Stay inside the yard, and the fight goes on until you yield or are knocked unconscious."

The sergeant looked at both you and your opponents. "Remember, you are being watched."

Redarm quickly moved to the side of the yard. He chopped his arm and yelled "Begin!"

The fight is on!

Combat Notes | Show
Health
Ataxia: d10
Cynric: d10
Horns: d10
Oz: d10
Quentin: d12

Veterans:
V1: d8 agi, d12 health, d10 atck, d12 range, longsword, bow, shield (d10)
V2: d10 agi, d10 health, d8 attack, d20 range, greatsword
V3: d12agi, d10 health, d8 attack, no range, polearm
V4: d8 agi, d12 health, d10 atck, d12 range, longsword, bow, shield (d10)
V5: d8 agi, d12, d10 atck, duel-wield
V6: d8 agi, d12 health, d10 atck, d12 range, longsword, bow, shield (d10)


Map | Show
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1IlVDZdjVxxGXnAGMWPl2sddXAgq3nnvtHK1CxY48apA/edit?usp=sharing


Everyone is up for round 1
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1

Postby PMiller » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:38 am

Image

Horns had only shrugged when the Sergeant told him to make do and he got to thinking at the suggestion about taking a large pole from the rack. But they were lead away before he had time to do much about it. However fortune smiled upon him as they reached the fence to climb over it to enter the practice field. The wooden cross-pieces were about 10 foot long and thick enough to support the onlookers sitting on them The minotaur simply appropriated the one he was stepping over.

He had he large great club and he smashed it on the ground experimentally a few timed to test it out. He grunted with satisfaction, "This'll do."

The veterans across the way were not impressed. His bull nostrils flared and he snorted, "Well, fuck'em."

With the signal given, Horns lowered his head and raised the great club over his head with both hands. But the use of his weapon was a feint once he came charging down upon the archer in the middle. He lowered his head with full intention of ramming the hard bone structure between his horns into the veteran with the intent to knock him flying back and out of the field.

The agile veteran sidestepped and Horns had to skid to a stop as quickly as he could or risk smashing into the fence behind them. He was not in among them with a big ass wooden club 10 feet long.

Actions | Show
Charge Attack V4 with horns (non-lethal use if that's even realistically possible): Horns Charge Attack V4 (8), Veteran Agility, health (1,7)
Agility currently d12

Map Link
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12048
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1

Postby Mercevial Xenn » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:31 pm

Image


As Sergeant Redarm explains his name, the gnome nods and looks only slightly impressed. "Yeah....um... I guess that's a pretty cool story too..."

When they enter the fenced off arena, the gnome stays near the fence and notches a horse-shit caked arrow.

After Redarm dropped his arm there was a tense, silent moment where the veterans and recruits sized one another up.

"DON'TCHA KNOW A RUMBLE'S NOT A RUMBLE WITHOUT ME!!!" The gnome yells as Horns starts his charge. He glances over at Carver. "Let's do it for Johnny...."

Ataxia quickly picks a target and waits for Horns to run clear before letting loose. His arrow flies true and strikes the veteran with the pole arm hard between the sternum and larynx.

As the arrow strikes home, the pretending gnome yells "BOOM!!" Aside from the blunt arrow strike, horse shit sprays on the mans chest and face.

"Ahhhhhhrrrggghhhh.... Alchemist fire on your face!!" yells the alchemist, preparing to draw another stinky arrow.



Ataxias attack = 6

V3 defense = 7
V3 health (rung 10) = 7

*V3 health dropped to rung 12

Ataxias AGI currently d8
Mercevial Xenn character sheet

Araella character sheet
User avatar
Mercevial Xenn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:54 am
Location: The Fallout Universe

Re: BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1

Postby Merry Mortician » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:52 pm

Image
Oz looks across the yard at the veteran soldiers, all prepared to destroy the new arrivals. This is absurd, he thinks to himself. We're a motley crew of mostly green convicts. This can't possibly accomplish anything but humiliation...Oh, that's the point. Sheer barbarism.

As Horns charges, Oz pulls a "javelin" (Pah.) from his bundle and jogs forward. He smells Ataxia's arrow strike home as much as he hears it. "Aw what the fuck?!" one of the soldiers cries out as excrement smears his chest. Once within what he estimates to be a reasonable throwing distance, Oz pulls the long stick back over his shoulder and hurls it toward the man with the dual blades. I suppose it is remotely similar to throwing father's blades as a boy.

Oswyn's target is momentarily distracted by the mad gnome's antics but regains professional composure in time to tuck down and to the side away from the incoming projectile. He guffaws and taunts the healer, "You tryna hurt me or wake me from a nap, ya lil whore's queef?"

Actions | Show
Move into thrown range.
Attack Veteran 5 (rapier/shortsword) with javelin.
Carver's javelin (10) vs. Veteran 5's agility (8)
Updated Map (if this all parses correctly)
Merry Mortician
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:01 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1

Postby Herzog » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:22 am

944 FE, Septembus – Late Morning

Image

"And here we go! C'mon, let's help the big guy!"

Cynric shouted as he rushed off in Horn's wake. The long haired man dashed up to one the veterans near the minotaur. He hoped that by focusing on them one by one, they might make it through this without very many bruises. The rogueish human took a swipe at the opponent with the greatsword. Despite his initial appearance, the long haired man is some what proficient with a sword. He managed the smack the side of the veteran with the practice sword, leaving a nasty bruise.

"Hah! Take that!"

Image

Quentin reluctantly followed after Cynric, perhaps embolden by Horns and the others. He held his mace in both hands and advanced up next to the rogue-ish long haired man. He took a clumsy swing at the veteran hold a bow that was easily dodged. The veteran snickered at the attempt and Quentin held in a whimper.

Cynric and Quentin rolls | Show
Cynric attack (2), V2 agi, health (10,9)
Quentin attack(17), V1 agil (5)


Now it was the veterans turn. One of the bowman on the southern end of the line stepped back a bit and drew a blunt arrow. He took aim at Ataxia and let loose. The gnome nearly dodge it, but the arrow struck his shoulder hard.

"Who's laughing now!"

The duel wielding veteran stepped inside Horn's reach and struck with both practice blades. The minotaur was jerk out of the way of the first strike. The sudden movement caused the veterans second strike to miss as well.

Two other veterans coordinated themselves to attack Horns as well. The center archer dropped his bow and drew the longsword. He took a swipe at the minotaur as well. This strike whack across the stomach and if it was for the tough muscle could have caused severe damage.

The polearm wielding veteran 5foot stepped towards the center of the practice yard. Holding his anger towards being shit covered was a testament to his training. He prioritized going after the perceived big threat in the form of the large minotaur. This allowed him to swing his polearm back around at the minotaur. He jabbed with the blunt covered polearm and tagged the minotaur in the back. Luckily, the Horn's tough hide took the brunt of that attack.

"I'm coming for you next, gnome!"

The greatsword wielding veteran snarled a curse and struck back at Cynric. The large practice sword smashed through the long haired man's defenses and force the blade backwards onto the man and nearly force him to his knees. Cynric's ears were ringing from the blow and he was seeing spots. But he remained standing.

The last veteran was bow carrying. He five foot stepped back into the corner of the yard and shot his blunt arrow point blank at Quentin. The veteran curses as the arrow zipped by the noble's head.

From the spectators on the railing came the sounds of cheering, jeering and side beats. So far it was a good show.

combat rolls | Show
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=10441968#post10441968


Combat Notes | Show
Health
Ataxia: d10d12
Cynric: d12d20
Horns: d10, natural armor !d12
Oz: d10
Quentin: d12

Veterans:
V1: d8 agi, d12 health, d10 atck, d12 range, longsword, bow, shield (d10)
V2: d10 agi,d10d12 health, d8 attack, d20 range, greatsword
V3: d12agi, d10d12 health, d8 attack, no range, polearm
V4: d8 agi, d12 health, d10 atck, d12 range, longsword, bow, shield (d10)
V5: d8 agi, d12, d10 atck, duel-wield
V6: d8 agi, d12 health, d10 atck, d12 range, longsword, bow, shield (d10)


Map | Show
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1IlVDZdjVxxGXnAGMWPl2sddXAgq3nnvtHK1CxY48apA/edit?usp=sharing


Everyone is up for round 2
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: BC: A Warm Welcome - Chapter 1

Postby Mercevial Xenn » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:04 pm

Image


As the blunt arrow strikes the diminutive gnome he shouts, "My puppet master thinks I should say.... OUCH! You jerk!" His shoulder snaps back. It will leave a nasty bruise.

When the veteran asks the gnome who's laughing now, Ataxia looks perplexed. He didn't see anyone laughing. Probably moot to point it out to the clearly crazy veteran archer who was hearing phantom laughter, however.

As the gnome draws back on the bowstring he hears what the human with the pole arm says to him. He flinches, flabbergasted, and his shot goes wide, striking the fence behind the fray and spraying one of the gamblers with 'alchemist fire'.

Still shocked, he says to the pole arm vet, "You're doing WHAT for me next?? Let's keep this PG, Peewee!"




Ataxias attack = 9

V3 defense = 5
V3 health (rung 12) = 7

*V3 health dropped to rung 12



Ataxias AGI currently d8
Mercevial Xenn character sheet

Araella character sheet
User avatar
Mercevial Xenn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:54 am
Location: The Fallout Universe

Next

Return to The Black Company [The Window]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron