BC: OOC Discussion

Convicted Murderers, Thieves, and pirates. They all have a propensity towards violence. Something that the Empire of Khodar needs in its struggle against the Thelmor Dominion. As a convicted criminal, you are given the choice. Serve in the army for a chance at freedom or go to headsman. Wanting to live, you choose the former and enter the world of the Black Company.

Moderator: Herzog

Re: BC: OOC Discussion

Postby crookshanks » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:10 am

Someone suggested I check this out, and it looks EXTREMELY interesting!

A campaign where one is a criminal set on a path... nice. Could have lots of gameplay possibilities!

I would like to be considered as a potential player, though (I must ask) - any chance of playing a Centaur character? I have one (Around somewhere) that might be worth a look at. He's something of an evil lout (or starts that way anyway) selfish, power hungry, thuggish, egotistical...but nice. (Well, whatever the DM might require) :twisted:

I'm available to post about 2 per day during week. So if y'all could use me please just tell me how to get started. :D

Most thankful for your time.

Crookshanks
crookshanks

Postby PMiller » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:32 am

We are not updating that frequently, but we are plugging along if we have not lost Emri. But Herzog and I have been here for years and will be sticking around. :)

Have you checked out the Window yet?
Have you played Pathfinder?
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:12 am

I am going to have think about the implications of a centaur. Mechanically, not an issue. But setting wise, maybe. The minotaur works as its still humanoid in nature and can be treated as such. Ie, can sleep in the barracks, head into bars and shops, etc. Being half horse will make some of that difficult. There is also the burden of tailoring a scene so that a centaur could participate.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Herzog » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:04 am

Emri said real life was getting in the way. could be a few days yet.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby crookshanks » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:33 pm

Herzog wrote:I am going to have think about the implications of a centaur. Mechanically, not an issue. But setting wise, maybe. The minotaur works as its still humanoid in nature and can be treated as such. Ie, can sleep in the barracks, head into bars and shops, etc. Being half horse will make some of that difficult. There is also the burden of tailoring a scene so that a centaur could participate.

Minotaur? Even Better! Or Slime, or anything exotic like that methinks. I'm not particularly particular (Ohh, double negative) - Heck, a plain old human (Well, masked, to be honest), would do me, come to that. Please just let me know :oops:

Not trying to be difficult.

Crookshanks
crookshanks

Postby PMiller » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm

Glad to hear that Emri could be back.

The great think about The Window is that everything pretty much gets reduced to point buying for things. That way even the stranger ideas can be mechanically possible without getting into powergaming issues with non-humanoid races.

Crook, you might want to pitch a specific idea (besides the centaur and another minotaur). Herzog’s setting has our character living together in the barracks and being able to walk among humans regularly. My minotaur sort of stretched the limit.

Once you can settle on an approved concept, he is going to figure out how to get you into the game.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:01 am

Yea, as P said, pitch an idea.

We have a Minataur brute, A pirate/rogue, and a witch currently in the party. THe pirate is an NPC, so if you want something similiar, be my guest. It would mean i would no longer have to NPC him to make a full party.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Emri » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:44 pm

Sorry for the very late reply, it shouldn't happen again. Car trouble lead to work and school being missed. And dealing with family issues .... ugh. Just a lot of shitty stuff.

p.s.
Hi Crookshanks!
Emri
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:41 am

Sorry to hear about the troubles, Emri. RL happens and we are all understanding. :)

But we are glad you are still with us. Horns is happy too, even if he doesn’t show it. ;)
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Emri » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:07 pm

Crookshanks, how about a were-something (If that's ok with Herzog)? You still get to be exotic, but manageable enough with a plethora of story options.
Emri
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:18 pm

He hasn't logged in since Monday...
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:34 am

@Emri: The black company is made up former prisoners and such. You don't get a wage, as your pardon and avoiding the headsman is considered payment enough.

Now Cynric might have a few coppers...because..well he's a pirate and thief.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Emri » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:29 am

Gotcha, I was just thinking like the inmates in the US can make like 5 pennies for license plates or something. But alright, I'll revise my post and continue. Thank you!
Emri
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:20 am

So we never get any wages, huh? Well, I guess we need to be creative on acquiring loot then. :mrgreen:
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:53 am

Well, writing off crookshanks. Hasn't logged into almost two weeks.

Any other potential recruits?
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to The Black Company [The Window]