AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Image Image
A space opera-like setting in the far future where the human race spread out from Terra to the stars centuries ago.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Argo » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:23 pm

“Yeah, I think we should do what they’re doing too,” Argo said to Rufus.

The Ul-Mor were hurrying across the cavern on their mounts, going in a straight line. He didn’t know if that meant the center of the cavern was safe, or if it was just direct. It didn’t matter because they wouldn’t be able to find out until later. For their part, the Ul-Mor seemed pretty calm about the whole thing, like this wasn’t the first time it had happened.

He looked at Trever.

“Let’s run together, Trever. We can watch out for each other, in case something happens!”
User avatar
Argo
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby LMiller » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:11 am

Trever's heart was pounding louder now. There was no choice but to cross the cavern through the explosions.

"We should go with two people at a time."

When the dog said something, the boy added, "Right. Me and Argo will go first."

Trever took a deep breath and said, "Ready, Argo?"
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Argo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:15 pm

“I’m ready!” Argo said.

He was ready. He looked to Trever, making sure the boy was ready too, then he began to run forward. Argo knew he was much faster than Trever, but he also knew he would make sure not to run ahead of him, instead keeping pace by his side. He wouldn’t leave Trever behind no matter what, even if it meant he got hurt by the explosions. If the worst happened and Trever got hurt and fell down, Argo would grab him by the shirt collar and drag him by his teeth if he had to.

Argo wished he was bigger, or Trever was smaller. Then Trever could grab the thick ruff of fur around his neck, sit astride his back, and Argo could carry him and run as fast as he could go. But that wasn’t possible, so he focused on running as fast as Trever could, staying by his side, and following the path the Ul-Mor had already taken.

His paws hit the ground again and again. He felt heat suddenly, and a loud noise and a bright light. Argo twisted away desperately. Heat washed over his fur. But somehow he was still running.

User avatar
Argo
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby LMiller » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:24 pm

Trever followed after the dog, trying to catch up. He sprinted into the chamber of explosions, not stopping. In the center of them, he saw Argo getting burned next to him and as soon as he glanced over something hit him on the shoulder.

He stumbled and fell to the ground, Argo disappearing ahead. The boy felt his shoulder burn ad though that some kind of hot piece of rock hit him.

Trever shook off the daze and stood up. He dashed in Argo’s direction, dodging flames and rock.

Then, he saw an opening and raced for it. He dove out of the flames, landing next to Argo.

“Whew,” he cried, “I made it!”

He examined his burn and patted the dog, grinning.

Rolls | Show
Got hit, failed agility, but passed Health
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Herzog » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:44 pm

With Argo and Trevor making and pair and following after the Ul-mor, Maya looked ready to go herself. The less time they spent in this section of cavern the better.

The purple haired girl looked at Rufus.

"Our turn. Let's go before things get worse. Miranda and Alex can bring up the rear!"

With a quick look back, the girl took off across the cavern. Maya felt she was doing well, when the ground erupted to her right. With a shriek, she danced aside from the hot geyser of flame. It was a near miss of inches and made Maya heart pound in her ears.

She quickly beelined for the Trevor and the dog, skidding to halt next to them.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" hyperventilated the purple hair girl as she calmed herself down.



spoiler: show
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=11728769#post11728769, got hit, but made agility
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3052
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Aura » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:13 am

Rufus watches as the first wave navigates the cavern, wincing and gasping at every close call. With Argo and Trever safe, and Maya asking him if he's ready, Rufus casts a glance to her and nods, still keeping himself on the edge and ready to go the entire time.

The technician's athletic ability seemed in question from the start. At Maya wisked ahead, he languished behind, uneven ground from the explosions making things difficult. Explosions rain rock and earth upon him, and a few of them hurt as they hit. Nearing the end of the ordeal, and with Maya already trekking into the safe area, Rufus loses his footing as a rock turns his ankle. He crashes to the ground just as a nearby explosion goes off, explosive force and high speed debris passing over him almost harmlessly as he skids to a stop.

There is a moment of calm as Rufus stirs and collects his senses. Seeing the people ahead of him, the sense of urgency returns, and he trots into the safe area with his cohorts. Putting one hand against the cave wall, he breathes heavily, but by all casual observation, he seems alright, albeit heavily shaken.


rolls | Show
I serially missed every roll until the luck check. Partial balancing of the good luck I had against PM's white dragon in another game.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11755792
User avatar
Aura
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:42 am

~ Day 8: 1806 - Volturnus Caverns ~Image Image
Miranda was a bit hesitant after seeing the two groups before her nearly get blown-up by the exploding fissures. She gasped as Trever and Argo were briefly lost to view with an explosion neasrly right under them, but the pair had been still running afterwards. Maya and Rufus looked uninjured as well after barely making it and still she hesitated as a nearby explosion sent heat rolling over them, causing her to shield her face. "Wow, this is bad!"

The soldier stood casually beside her like it was no big deal, intentionally not flinching when the heat rolled over him. It was an effort of willpower, but he was trying real hard to be macho. "No problem, sweetheart. We got this. Come on!" He said and grabbed her hand to take off running.

Miranda, surprised at being dragged along before she was ready, got her feet moving quickly and the pair dashed through the cavern. Explosions went off, but none were close enough to worry them on their mad dash.

Reaching the others unscathed, Alex grinned at her incorrigibly, "Well, that was not so bad was it."

"Jerk," she replied, slapping his shoulder. Then approached Trever, "Are you okay? I can try some of the salve from the First Aid kit if it hurts..."

"Unless any of you recall knowing more about such things?" she asked looking from Maya to Rufus and finally Alex, who shook his head.

Image
In the safety of the tunnel past the explosions, the Ul-Mor were slowly continuing on. Arthu had paused to look back until all had made it through. Seeing everyone standing and apparently unhurt, he turned his loper around to rejoin the others.


Biotech | Show
Maya might recall having some skill in Biotech now. It is on her list of skills that she has not remembered yet, and it can be as good as d10.

OOC Information | Show
Inventory in 1 Spare Backpack carried in hand by Alex
1 machete
1 first aid kit (Basic anesthetics, stimdoses, antiseptics, medscanner, antibody plus, antitox, spray hypo, etc...)
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks

Polyvoxes worn: Maya, Argo, Trever
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12056
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Argo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:06 pm

Argo licked Trever’s face, making sure he was all right. The boy smelled of smoke and burned blood. He nosed carefully at Trever’s shoulder.

“Oh, Trever, does it hurt?”

He looked up at Miranda as she approached, his brown eyes large and worried.

“Can you help him? I think he got burned from the explosions.”
User avatar
Argo
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby LMiller » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:39 pm

Trever stood up, grinning as everyone made it.

He wiped off his sweat and replied, “I’m fine guys. Don’t worry it just burns a bit.”

“But still, if you have some healing, can you heal me?”


The boy accepted the lick from Argo and said, “Thanks, Argo, for caring about me.”
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Herzog » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:16 am

Miranda's prompting triggered something in her memories as the girl looked at the Trevor's burns. Some hidden knowledge came to the fore front about some medical training and the use of salves for burns. The girl stepped forward to examine the burn.

"Hmm, I'm recalling something...Let me see...."

While some medical knowledge made itself known, the girl was completely 100% on the burn. She reached for her first aid kit and the salve, giving into the hunch that it was correct.


GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3052
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Aura » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:32 pm

Pushing himself away form the cave wall he was leaning against, Rufus took a glance over at Trever as Maya tended his burns. A head's turn later, he gave another quick glance over at the Ul-Mor, already moving out. "Well that was exciting... Trever has been burned... Ul-Mor leaving..." he muttered quietly, closing his eyes as he spoke.

Seconds later, Rufus' eyes flashed open. "We haven't much time, the Ul-Mor are leaving," he said flatly. Stepping away from the group and towards the withdrawing natives, he added, "I'll move up to keep the two groups linked so we don't get lost."
User avatar
Aura
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:21 am

~ Day 8: 1806 - Volturnus Caverns ~Image Image
Miranda backed off and watched Maya take a look at Trever's burn. While needing to look at the labels of things in the First Kit to see what they were used for, she noted that the other woman immediately found a salve that could quickly be applied to the burnt skin to aid the healing, relieve pain, and prevent any infection. "Nice work, Maya. I think I could have figured it out, but it would have taken up precious time while the Ul-Mor are leaving us behind."

Alex quipped, "Yeah, we need to get marching. Enough stroking each others' egos, ladies." He gestured for them to get moving as he was intending to bring up the rear as he had been before.

Image
The Ul-Mor were starting to put some distance between the group of castaways and the last trailing loper. The group recalled the advice they were given to not fall too far behind or leave their path.


Biotech | Show
Basic First Aid would not require a dice roll, I think.

OOC Information | Show
Inventory in 1 Spare Backpack carried in hand by Alex
1 machete
1 first aid kit (Basic anesthetics, stimdoses, antiseptics, medscanner, antibody plus, antitox, spray hypo, etc...)
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks

Polyvoxes worn: Maya, Argo, Trever
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12056
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Argo » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:05 pm

“Of course I care about you. We’re family, Trever.”

Argo had watched anxiously as Maya treated Trever’s wound. The paste she put on it smelled funny, but it had a medicine smell that seemed familiar, though he wasn’t fully sure why. He had been around that smell in his past, probably. He wished he could remember.

“Oh, let’s hurry,” he said, as soon as Maya had finished. “Come on Trever, we can run ahead like before.”
User avatar
Argo
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby LMiller » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:53 pm

Trever made a circular shoulder shrug and noticed that the wound felt better.

“Thanks, Maya. It feels much better.”

Then boy patted Argo on the head and started walking towards the Ul-Mor.
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Herzog » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:48 am

"Your welcome, Trevor" Maya smiled at the boy as she tucked her first aid kit back together.

The incident left the purple haired girl with another regained skill. Apparently she had studied Biotech enough to be sufficently skilled. Maya wondered if she had some kind of medical degree. At any rate, the knowledge would be useful as the group finds their way around this planet.

"We better catch up before the Ul-mor leave us behind."

Looking back at the other, Maya hurried after Argo and Trevor. She did not want to be left behind in the caves.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3052
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

PreviousNext

Return to Among the Stars [The Window]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron