AtS OOC Discussion

Image Image
A space opera-like setting in the far future where the human race spread out from Terra to the stars centuries ago.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: AtS OOC Discussion

Postby PMiller » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:38 am

Alright, I am back in country. Internet coverage was rather spotty in rural Pennsylvania and I was short on time back at the hotel during my vacation.

The trip was good and bad. Our team lost the first two games, but won the two consolation games after that. The experience was great and a good time. I also got to visit family and friends at the same time.

I will slowly catch up on things during the next few days as I recover from jetlag.

Aura, you forgot your dice rolls. The idea is that you make them and use the results to help complete writing your post to include the outcome.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:21 am

Out on vacation starting tomorrow for a week or so. NPC me if necessary.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:50 pm

Have fun. I hope to pick up the pace once you return. With summer over, the schedule looks fairly regular for LM and I for the rest of the year.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:44 pm

I am just waiting on Aura. Other things have gotten in way with EnWorld's crash other stuff.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Argo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Haha, Al is funny.
Argo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:38 am

Probably the sole reason I have kept control of him instead of trying to find a player that would take him over. Al and Miranda have sort of a Han Solo and Princess Leia thing going on like in Empire Strikes Back, but without the evolution to a romantic relationship (at least not yet).
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:57 pm

Aura wrote:Is there 'reserve action' or the like? I'm basically waiting and striking as Quickdeath moves for the kill.

If it makes sense, yes you can do it. It still results in a roll of the dice and assumes Quickdeath comes after Rufus in the same round.

Herzog wrote:so first time using this ability....it was never really defined much other than speeding up or slowing time on a target. So in this case, speeding up for Maya would be a boost to agility for defense?
Time shift roll and melee attack roll: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st12160821
7 and 8 respectively.
This is what you have on your character sheet.

Time Shift Ability (Req: Willpower) (d12!)
Able to slow or speed up time for an object or finite area. Able to affect number of beings at once besides herself equal to competency rungs below d30 (d12=2). Roll check (target 6): Success = effect can last full encounter or more. Failure = effect lasts about 1 round. If used as an attack, it is defended with Knowledge or Perception (defender’s choice).

I suppose +1 Rung bonus to Agility and Attack Skills would be appropriate. It feels right. Maybe even allows 2 attacks per round as well.

This reminds me that Alex has a similar power with Cyberware: Boosted Reflexes that has been waiting to be recalled. I think it would work the same way and that is what I wrote down.

But maybe that is too much. So maybe a choice of 1 extra Attack per round or the +1 Rung bonuses to Agility/Skills.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:30 am

I think multiple attacks should be granted at a better rung. But for the current battle, i need to reroll my attack roll since it would be a d6 instead of a d8 and i rolled an 8 :?
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:50 pm

Herzog wrote:I think multiple attacks should be granted at a better rung. But for the current battle, i need to reroll my attack roll since it would be a d6 instead of a d8 and i rolled an 8 :?

Considering that I am using the same model for Wired Reflexes in Shadowrun, I am fine with the Extra Attack upon reaching d12!. Upon reaching d8! it would have 2 extra, and d4 would give a 3rd.

If no one else cares about the ability being potentially unbalanced (which it might not be anyway considering the investment required), then I am fine with boosts to Agility for defense though it is capped by the Superpower’s Rung like we have in other games for certain powers.

A d12! superpower allows to improve Agility/Skill to d10, a d10! will improve to d8, and d6! will improve to d6.

No need to reroll again since I did it for you.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aura » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:33 am

I don't know the system well enough to say, but considering the considerable imbalance that exists in most published systems, I don't think we're facing any sort of problem to give it a try.
Aura
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Herzog » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:47 am

Sounds fine by me. I failed the check, so it was only 1 round anyway.

I added verbiage to my character sheet to note for next time.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:57 pm

That right there is why I am not worried about balance. Sure when improved it will have more chance of succeeding for the whole encounter and be stronger, but that requires hefty XP investment too.

Thanks for the feedback.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:49 am

Herzog wrote:agi (9), health (10), luck (7)
ouch, guess i am sacrificing a luck rung?

If you want to sacrifice a rung to eliminate the Quickdeath's attack roll, you can. Otherwise the wound will almost take Maya out of the fight with Health dropping to d30.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:42 am

Btw, Maya still gets to take actions this Round. Defense doesn't count.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:31 am

Thanks. Wasn't sure because of the health roll. I will sack a luck rungetting to prevent being put out of the fight. I plan on getting out of the way, but won't be able to post that ic wise. In training all week.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Among the Stars [The Window]