AtS OOC Discussion

Image Image
A space opera-like setting in the far future where the human race spread out from Terra to the stars centuries ago.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: AtS OOC Discussion

Postby Herzog » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:03 pm

Yea, i am finding that the Fallout game is doing the same thing for me from the GM point of view. Hope BC does it that same!
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:20 am

Herzog wrote:Yea, i am finding that the Fallout game is doing the same thing for me from the GM point of view. Hope BC does it that same!

For me, I am getting enjoyment from the byplay of the two NPCs as well. One reason I have not tried real hard to get a player to consider taking over Alex.

Though, MerryMortician was considering it… Maybe after he gets settled into The Black Company he will revisit.

Aura, have you looked that game? (It is right below this one on the Index Page)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aura » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:18 pm

Hadn't looked at Black Company in any seriousness. I'd looked in on Fallout to see how it was going, but it seems all well/spots filled.
Aura
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Herzog » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:44 pm

Yea, Fallout has got good chemistry at the moment. But perhaps later, I'll open it up.

Anyway, the Black Company will be of the same quality as Fallout and this game. Some of the same players. You are than welcome to join that game...even at a later date.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:43 am

Aura wrote:Hadn't looked at Black Company in any seriousness. I'd looked in on Fallout to see how it was going, but it seems all well/spots filled.
Fallout has been running for quite some time, surviving some serious slow-downs for RL issues, but since converting to The Window it has new life breathed into it.. We started it under d20 Modern rules… holy cow! We started that back in Dec 2010. We are coming up on 5 years for that game.

Herzog wrote:Anyway, the Black Company will be of the same quality as Fallout and this game. Some of the same players. You are than welcome to join that game...even at a later date.

The Black company looks to be a grittier Pathfinder-esque type game. The thing about using The Window for Pathfinder is that you can do things that typically are not allowed in traditional PF games. For example you can play a monster race without skewing the balance; my minotaur is a good example. But I also made a centaur Oracle (in another game) for healing too and it is also equally balanced. There is much less worry about whether some classes are too strong or not since everything tends to even out with character generation rules.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aura » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:01 am

No worries on the Fallout game. As I mentioned, it looks in good shape and there is little reason to mess with that.

Looks like I have an online gaming project to attend to before I go making any plans, anyway. Priorities, priorities.
Aura
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:34 am

Aura wrote:Looks like I have an online gaming project to attend to before I go making any plans, anyway. Priorities, priorities.

Indeed. :)
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:00 pm

FYI, Argo is out of town for a 6 day weekend and should be back around in 2-3 days. I am assuming Herzog is busy too this weekend and LM has been struggling to get in writing time as well since there have been important sporting events on TV.

We had to watch the U-18 Baseball World Cup as Japan was playing USA in the finals. There was also the final matches of the Women's Volleyball World Cup too, where Japan played USA on Saturday. Our house was a little divided this weekend on the cheering. :mrgreen:
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:18 am

correct, had some friends in town this weekend.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Aura » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:17 pm

Glad to see everyone is back and managed to survive the weekend/sporting events!

PS: I confess to not really knowing the system, yet. I've picked up smaller dice are good. :)
Aura
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:43 am

Aura wrote:PS: I confess to not really knowing the system, yet. I've picked up smaller dice are good. :)

This is true. Default target numbers tend to be 6 or you are rolling opposed to another character’s check.

Routine tasks do not necessarily require rolling, unless you really want to.

Everyone else is using Myth-Weavers to roll dice because Invisible Castle is rather unreliable. What do you want to use, Aura?
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aura » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:18 pm

As long as it's OK, I prefer coyotecode for rolls. In the past couple years it's been very reliable, and has a nice history function.
Aura
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:09 am

Aura wrote:As long as it's OK, I prefer coyotecode for rolls. In the past couple years it's been very reliable, and has a nice history function.

Understood. Coyotecode doesn’t bother me as a GM as long as you format the links neatly so I can see the results.

Without any other reason to use MW, I will not require you to roll over there. Everyone else has character sheets on MW so rolling dice there uses the same account. But for The Window games we store the sheets in text form here.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:58 am

I updated the inventories for water, food and salt pill consumption.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:09 am

Sorry, this was a 3-day weekend for me and it did not end well. I will catch up on stuff tomorrow when I have free time at work to draft posts and mostly free night at the computer.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Among the Stars [The Window]