A space opera-like setting in the far future where the human race spread out from Terra to the stars centuries ago. The galaxy has advanced technology and a variety of space faring species amidst the various worlds inhabited. Other races intermingled in the intergalactic society to co-exist on the known worlds in just the small part of the mostly unexplored galaxy. These are adventures AMONG THE STARS.
- The Window, using the optional rules for XP, Armor, Luck, possibly Magic, and later on Wealth.
- Source Material potentially used: d20 Future, Star Frontiers, BattleTech, ShadowRun, & maybe some more
- House Rules for how to use things will be developed as needed.
Character Generation: - EDITED
Traits: 6 x d20 (covers Luck), then spend 32XP to spend improving the traits.
- Can drop a trait to d30 to gain 2 more XP. Leftover XP can be allocated to traits for future improvement (need to be recorded).
- Magic can be taken as a Trait, but it is selected from allocation of Skills
Skills: 7 x d20, then spend 28XP to improve the skills.
- Can drop a skill to d30 to gain 2 more XP. Leftover XP can be allocated to skills for future improvement (need to be recorded).
- Reduced number at start reflects amnesia. More will be quickly gained later as memory returns, but players should not select them until understanding more about what might be needed,
Fluff: Appearance (with avatar picture to use with IMGSet), Personality, Concept (2-3 sentence only), Background (should be minimal to reflect amnesia, thus allowing flexibility to explain skills gained when memory returns.
- General List of Common Skills | Show
Artisan (Specific only)
Athletics (Jumping, Swimming, Climbing)
Biotech (Cybernetics, First Aid, Medicine)
Computer (Data Search, Sensors, Software/Hardware, Communications, Interstellar Navigation)
Deception (Bluff, Disguise)
Knowledge (Specific only)
Mechanics (Repair, Lockpicking, Engineering)
Outdoors (Planetary Navigation, Survival, Tracking)
Persuasion (Diplomacy, Leadership, Negotiation)
Piloting (Aerospace, Battle Mech, Ground, Watercraft)
Stealth (Infiltration, Sleight of Hand, Shadowing)
- Combat Skills | Show
Energy Weapons, Personal
Exotic Melee Weapons (Specific only)
Exotic Ranged Weapons (Specific only)
Gunnery (Aerospace, Battle Mech, Vehicular)
Heavy Weapons, Personal
PCs will each start dressed only in a simple linen hospital gown in a small room with a single door. They will remember their name and perhaps some of their childhood. They will not know where they are or how they got there. In fact they can remember nothing much of the last couple of years except vague impressions.
This thread is to discuss characters.