AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Image Image
A space opera-like setting in the far future where the human race spread out from Terra to the stars centuries ago.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby LMiller » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:12 pm

Trever nodded and took off his poly-vox.

"Here you go,"he said, and handed it to the man. "What are you going to do with? Can I watch?"
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Herzog » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:34 am

Maya was actually surprised that the only thing Commander Jameson and Grod needed was one of the groups polyvoxs. The girl then corrected herself. Those translators had to be sophisticated pieces of technology in order to translate untold number of languages. Taking one apart and using it for a radio was probably a good use of it.

"Yes, we have a spare--" Maya started to say before Trevor immediately handed over his. The boy was impulsive, causing Maya to smile in a sisterly kind of way.

"Ah. Well, there we go..." She finished

With the spare device in the Commanders hands, was curious enough to want to see it repurposed.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Aura » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:06 pm

Rufus nods, seemingly unsurprised by the request. "Definitionally, a polyvox is a piece of communication equipment. I could see a number of its parts would extend to making a radio work." The technician's eyes focus on Grod, who seems to be the one planning to do most of the work, "Still, I would like to see your implementation, Grod. Outside of risking spoiling the soup with too many cooks, I'm understandably curious on how you plan on assembling the final project. On a good day, I'm even somewhat handy, myself." With that, Rufus gives that knowing smile that classically has let everyone know he's in his own element. Even his voice was a bit upbeat compared to a few moments ago.
Aura
Hero
Hero

Postby Argo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:50 am

Argo watched Trever hand over his poly-vox. The consensus seemed to be that a working radio took priority, and he could understand that logic in that.

“I’ll stick close to you so you’ll still know what’s going on,” he said to Trever. Not that he planned to stray far from the boy’s side anyway. Argo thought about what Trever had said about lockpicks and maglocks and his brother. It seemed like Trever was able to bring up his lost sibling without the memories haunting him as much. Maybe that meant he had remembered some good things that were a balm to the pain of loss.

He looked toward Rufus and nodded for the humans’ sake.

“Yes, Rufus is very smart and clever at fixing things. Maybe it’ll go faster if he helps. How long do you think it will take to jury rig the radio?”
Argo
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:16 am

~ Day 20 - 16:50 - Meeting the other expedition ~Image Image Image Image
Grod looked happy and excited, "Ooooh, yeaaah! Thanks."

The dralasite looked it over, nodding as he confirmed its working order and functionality. "Yep, dis will do it. I can take it apart afta' supper an' get the commo unit working tonight... or tomorrow mornin'. Dis call fur celebration!"

Commander Jameson smiled and gestured for the group to walk with him, "Come on, let's get you all situated for staying the night. We can introduce you around. Your arrival is sure to generate a good meal with the tribe as they want to welcome you here. They have no love for the pirates either and we have earned some respect too. So more friendly Sky People will be looked upon favorably."

Alex asked, "Is there some good alcohol in this tribe? Can't hardly celebrate right without putting down a few good belts, yeah?"

Miranda glanced sidelong at the soldier and whispered to Maya, "I am not sure letting Al get drunk is a good thing. How knows what passes he might try to make then."

Grod bobbed his head as he practically skipped along, "Aye, der is sum fermented juice that can put hair on even a dralasite's chest. Strong too."

OOC Information | Show
Inventory in 1 Spare Backpack carried by Alex
1 machete
1 first aid kit (Basic anesthetics, stimdoses, antiseptics, medscanner, antibody plus, antitox, spray hypo, etc...)
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks

Polyvoxes worn: Maya, Argo
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Argo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Argo wagged his tail in response to Grod.

“Oh, I’m glad you can do it so quickly. You must be very smart.”

These new friends seemed like they were quite friendly, and would be a big help to all of them. They could help each other, which was the best outcome, in Argo’s mind. When people helped each other, they became even better friends.

The talk had turned to drinking alcohol, which was a drink adult humans enjoyed. Argo thought he remembered that he didn’t much care for the taste himself, but that was fine. Everyone was different.

“Grod, how did you learn how to repair things? Did you go to a special school or some kind of training?”
Argo
Hero
Hero

Postby LMiller » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:31 pm

After Trever gave over the poly vox, he got curious anout Grod's mechanic skills.

"Hey Grod,"he called back to him and when the creature turned back, he continued. "After you come back, can you teach me some skills about computers and security tools? Do you know how to hack into systems?"

It felt nice to him that there was someone who can teach him about these sketchy things; besides his long lost brother.
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Aura » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:23 pm

"Glad it seems to be what you're looking for, Grond. Whenever is good for you, I've come this far, so I'm fine with tonight or tomorrow morning. Assuming you don't mind the company, I don't want to pry but I do love a good repurposing. It's like a romance novel, but just the good parts." Rufus cracks an odd smile, which exudes a somewhat unsettling aura to lace in with his off-color remark.

As chatter of a party sweeps through the two groups, Rufus rubs his stubbly face. "Sounds like a good chance to get to know people a bit better. Maybe a little to drink would be alright... but I think I'll save any serious drinking for when I see the pirates dealt with. They are starting to feel like a system-wide menace, and there is no telling the damage they have done and lives they have shattered. One thing is certain; it's not just us."
Aura
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:20 am

~ Day 20 - 16:50 - Meeting the other expedition ~Image Image Image Image Image
As Commander Jameson led the group farther into the camp he consulted with one of the local Ul-Mor who happened to be exchanging words with Kahai Long Rider, likely updating the tribes-beings about the situation around their arrival. Alex followed, but without a Poly-vox he was not able to understand anyway and stayed back with Miranda who stood beside Maya.

Grod also hung back to continue discussing things with Rufus, Argo and Trever. "Yeah, ya can watch or help. I learned lots o' lil' things over the years, ya ken. I did sum schoolin' an' apprentice engineer work too. An' I just like tinkerin' fer fun."

"No, teachin' ya 'bout security systems an' computers be anotha thing, boy. We don't have much 'round here to teach ya on. Whatcha need to break into anyway?"

OOC Information | Show
1 machete
1 first aid kit (Basic anesthetics, stimdoses, antiseptics, medscanner, antibody plus, antitox, spray hypo, etc...)
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks

DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aura » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:30 pm

Rufus nodded. "Tinkering is something of a thing for me. People are complex, machines are simple." He glances over towards Miranda and then back to Grod before continuing, "I have a lot of respect for doctors; I certainly could not do what they do on a daily basis. I don't understand medicine very well, but I know enough to realize it's not as easy as good doctors can make it seem."

Thinking a moment, Rufus changes his focus back to the here and now. "Anyway, right, the little project..."
Aura
Hero
Hero

Postby LMiller » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:20 pm

Trever smiled sheepishly and laughed at Grod.

"Well, I don't need to hack into systems, but I thought it'll be cool to have that kind of technique." he said, and thought about what he could use the hacing for. Perhaps, when escapingfrom someplace? Maybe he could use it against the pirates.
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Argo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:52 pm

“Oh, maybe you could hack their jetcopter remotely, Trever,” Argo said. “Make them think that they lost all their fuel so they get scared and land before they crashed.”

He wasn’t sure if it worked that way, because he wasn’t very good with computers. Not having hands limited what he could do, so he never really learned how to use the interface. He understood a little about how it worked, though, just judging from the results that others could get.

Argo looked at the others and sat down. If they were going to watch Grod do his tinkering and learn something, then he would try too, even though it would just be theoretical for him.
Argo
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:20 am

~ Day 20 - 16:54 - Meeting the other expedition ~Image Image Image Image Image
While Commander Jameson was make impromptu translating with Miranda and Alex to the other Ul-mor tribe, Maya was getting a full translation rebroadcast from both him and the Ul-Mor. The Commander had learned to speak some of the words in the local dialect with passable success. At least enough to get his point across on most concepts. Jameson explained, "I was able to learn some while we have been here all these months. We never had a polyvox to help. But once we figured out the mind-melding, it really helped."

Alex quipped, "So you let 'em probe you eh? Gotta do what ya gotta do, Sir."

Miranda glanced at the soldier and murmured, "If only you had such courage."

Meanwhile Drod scratched his bald bate as he considered the canine's suggestion. "Hmm... Naw, prolly not going to work. Don't think it was so sophisticated to be fly by wire. From what we can tell- mind ya we don't stick around ta let them take pot shots with their lasers at us. But it looks ta be a rather standard lower tech jet copter. Mostly frame, seats, controls and engine. No sleek fuselage or anything to indicate a sweet avionic package, ya ken."

"But I sure would like ta stick it to dem pirates big time."

OOC Information | Show
1 machete
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks

DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aura » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:12 am

With Alex going on about the 'probing' issue, Rufus heaves a sigh. He takes a breath as if to say something, when Grod's words seem to distract him. Shifting his attention to the Dralasite, he agrees, "Also, at the military levels, manned vehicles are usually difficult to compromise in such a way, if possible at all. Best way to put off enemy electronic attacks is to offer no path in. This said, let's keep an eye out for any weaknesses in the pirates' equipment and habits; I think we all agree we'd like to give them a little grief. Perhaps the jet copter's weaknesses are more physical, such as having sufficient oxygen for engine function, and things of that nature."
Aura
Hero
Hero

Previous

Return to Among the Stars [The Window]