AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Image Image
A space opera-like setting in the far future where the human race spread out from Terra to the stars centuries ago.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby LMiller » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:12 pm

Trever nodded and took off his poly-vox.

"Here you go,"he said, and handed it to the man. "What are you going to do with? Can I watch?"
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Herzog » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:34 am

Maya was actually surprised that the only thing Commander Jameson and Grod needed was one of the groups polyvoxs. The girl then corrected herself. Those translators had to be sophisticated pieces of technology in order to translate untold number of languages. Taking one apart and using it for a radio was probably a good use of it.

"Yes, we have a spare--" Maya started to say before Trevor immediately handed over his. The boy was impulsive, causing Maya to smile in a sisterly kind of way.

"Ah. Well, there we go..." She finished

With the spare device in the Commanders hands, was curious enough to want to see it repurposed.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Aura » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:06 pm

Rufus nods, seemingly unsurprised by the request. "Definitionally, a polyvox is a piece of communication equipment. I could see a number of its parts would extend to making a radio work." The technician's eyes focus on Grod, who seems to be the one planning to do most of the work, "Still, I would like to see your implementation, Grod. Outside of risking spoiling the soup with too many cooks, I'm understandably curious on how you plan on assembling the final project. On a good day, I'm even somewhat handy, myself." With that, Rufus gives that knowing smile that classically has let everyone know he's in his own element. Even his voice was a bit upbeat compared to a few moments ago.
Aura
Hero
Hero

Postby Argo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:50 am

Argo watched Trever hand over his poly-vox. The consensus seemed to be that a working radio took priority, and he could understand that logic in that.

“I’ll stick close to you so you’ll still know what’s going on,” he said to Trever. Not that he planned to stray far from the boy’s side anyway. Argo thought about what Trever had said about lockpicks and maglocks and his brother. It seemed like Trever was able to bring up his lost sibling without the memories haunting him as much. Maybe that meant he had remembered some good things that were a balm to the pain of loss.

He looked toward Rufus and nodded for the humans’ sake.

“Yes, Rufus is very smart and clever at fixing things. Maybe it’ll go faster if he helps. How long do you think it will take to jury rig the radio?”
Argo
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:16 am

~ Day 20 - 16:50 - Meeting the other expedition ~Image Image Image Image
Grod looked happy and excited, "Ooooh, yeaaah! Thanks."

The dralasite looked it over, nodding as he confirmed its working order and functionality. "Yep, dis will do it. I can take it apart afta' supper an' get the commo unit working tonight... or tomorrow mornin'. Dis call fur celebration!"

Commander Jameson smiled and gestured for the group to walk with him, "Come on, let's get you all situated for staying the night. We can introduce you around. Your arrival is sure to generate a good meal with the tribe as they want to welcome you here. They have no love for the pirates either and we have earned some respect too. So more friendly Sky People will be looked upon favorably."

Alex asked, "Is there some good alcohol in this tribe? Can't hardly celebrate right without putting down a few good belts, yeah?"

Miranda glanced sidelong at the soldier and whispered to Maya, "I am not sure letting Al get drunk is a good thing. How knows what passes he might try to make then."

Grod bobbed his head as he practically skipped along, "Aye, der is sum fermented juice that can put hair on even a dralasite's chest. Strong too."

OOC Information | Show
Inventory in 1 Spare Backpack carried by Alex
1 machete
1 first aid kit (Basic anesthetics, stimdoses, antiseptics, medscanner, antibody plus, antitox, spray hypo, etc...)
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks

Polyvoxes worn: Maya, Argo
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander