AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Image Image
A space opera-like setting in the far future where the human race spread out from Terra to the stars centuries ago.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Aura » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:41 pm

With a bit of a nod to Argo and Trever, Rufus agrees, "Yes, I think the best thing we can do now is gather our wits, get some good rest, and be ready to go in the morning. No particular order on that. Come morning we will have our hands full." With that, he puts the issue of what to do next to rest, instead musing, "I wonder what the upshots of such communication have on the Ul-Mor society? Hmmm."

Outside of minor chit-chat, Rufus seems content to rest for the rest of the evening before it's finally time for bed. He pulls the power from and fiddles a little with his laser, making more fine adjustments to the weapon, but with little consequence. Somehow happy, he closes it back up and reattaches the power.


Edit | Show
Fixed color issue.
Last edited by Aura on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:23 am

~ Day 15 - 07:20 - Camp near The Place of True Warriors ~Image Image
Alex bit back a few choice quips about Rufus getting butt-probed, letting the opportunity pass in a more mature atmosphere. "I suppose we just need to make sure we have enough supplies and decent survival equipment for the journey. Maybe they will let us use a real tent or two for the journey instead of the makeshift leantos we make with emergency blankets."

Miranda agreed, "I think that is fair. We have given them a few items that could be of much greater value in comparison. Much of the spare equipment can be traded now that we have friendly natives that we can survive with."

Image
Athru returned to enjoying the celebration and feasting with the rest of the Ul-Mor as the new tribe members were talking about resting up for a journey that night.

OOC Information | Show
Inventory in 1 Spare Backpack carried in hand by Alex
1 machete
1 first aid kit (Basic anesthetics, stimdoses, antiseptics, medscanner, antibody plus, antitox, spray hypo, etc...)
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks


Polyvoxes worn: Maya, Argo, Trever
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12580
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Aura » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:30 pm

Nodding, Rufus adds, "Yes, a real tent or two would definitely help. Between that and the lopers, we should be in considerably better shape. I can't think of much more we need, more than getting to it. We've got a lot to figure out if we're to find out who we are and what we are doing here on this world." The mechanic things a while. "The longer we're here, the more it feels like the past doesn't matter," he muses, scratching his whiskered chin sympathetically.
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby LMiller » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:51 pm

The technicians last sentence made Trever's heart sink into a dark hole. His brother had died. How could he ever forget that?

The boy was speechless for a while, the memories flooding back into his mind.

"Yeah, tents would be nice," Trever tried to get the thoughts out of his mind.
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Aura » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:03 pm

"That should do it, then," Rufus comments, tailing onto Trever's comment on the idea of getting tents. "I think we've got a good basic game plan and just making it happen should be the goal. No need to overthink it with too many details, just make sure we're strong on the basics. Being well rested and in good health is a good start. Check gear is a good idea as well." After a short pause, he adds with a bit of question, "I assume we mean to visit the closest settlement first? That would make sense. Is it stationary, or nomadic, I wonder."
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:50 pm

~ Day 15 - 07:23 - Camp near The Place of True Warriors ~Image Image
Alex had not thought of anything else they needed either. “Yeah, that was about the only essential gear we lacked was proper tents. With enough provisions we are good to go.”

Miranda did not have any new insights into gear, but remarked at Rufus’s question, “We are following the guides to the tribe where there are more of our kind residing. I don’t think they said anything about whether that was the closest one or not.”

Image
Athru picked up a translation from the polyvox worn by Trever and replied, “Yes, some shelters can given. Enough for everyone.”

OOC Information | Show
Inventory in 1 Spare Backpack carried in hand by Alex
1 machete
1 first aid kit (Basic anesthetics, stimdoses, antiseptics, medscanner, antibody plus, antitox, spray hypo, etc...)
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks


Polyvoxes worn: Maya, Argo, Trever
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12580
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Aura » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:53 am

Tagging into Miranda's comment on the way the tribesmen were going to escort the group, Rufus nods to her curtly and mutters, "Yes... yes, yes. That's right." Bringing up his voice, he speaks more generally, "Well, then. I can't imagine anything else at this point. I think we've planned this to whatever extent is possible, so it's just a matter of what we do in the meantime. I'm still curious if I can use solar power to put charge back on a laser pistol's energy pack, at least looking for more resources and fiddling until departure time." With a non-commital shrug, he falls silent. Eyes wandering his immediate surroundings, the technician starts mentally assessing what sorts of natural resources the Ul-Mor seem to have access to.
Last edited by Aura on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Herzog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:11 am

Maya had gone silent again as the others continued to discuss the next few days of planning and the Ul-mor. The girl was deep in thought, and missed Rufus asking if others wanted to do the mind-meld. Before she could think, it was already over. The purple hair girl frowned. Such of an experience would have been interesting, but at the same time frightening. Maybe if she was in better health, the girl would have volunteered.

At any rate, the discussion was concluded and things seem to be winding down. Proper tents were going to be provided as the group was now part of The One.

'Well, at any rate, it should be an exciting few days. Finding more like us on this planet and hopefully clues as to our past."

The girl thanks the Ul-mor again for their hospitality. She stood, stretched and began to make her way to one of the offered tents.


spoiler: show
health @20
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Aura » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Rufus nods in agreement. "Yes, finding others might be our greatest clue as to who we are, where we came from. I certainly cannot think of anything better." Wandering off towards the tents, Rufus stop and sits in front of one, not quite putting to bed but taking care of a few things first, going through his pack and checking gear.
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:53 am

~ Day 15 - 19:00 - Camp near The Place of True Warriors ~Image
Arthu bid the newest tribe members good night as all were tired from the ordeal of the Rite of Adulthood and the hot day was going to be spent resting in tents so they would be ready for departure around sunset. The day passed uneventfully and they found the hide (probably from a lizard type creature) fabric provide enough blocking and reflecting of the hot sun's ray they could sleep better.

As the sun started to set and the camp woke up again the group stirred from the tents. Packing them up proved easy enough; a few of the Ul-Mor offered some assistance and instruction on their set up, tear down, and packing away for travel. The natives proved more adept with all those extra limbs, but the humanoid outsiders had no trouble learning.

Image Image
Alex grunted as he thought he should have been more capable being a professional soldier, "Yeah, if I had two or three extra arms I would be faster too. But they cannot reach as high."

Miranda only shook her head as the competitive nature of the man's attitude was likely silly to her.

The scouts providing escort and guidance for the group were packign supplies and gear upon five lopers. They took the group's packs that were previously carried on the way there and attached them to the saddle on the dinosaur-like mounts. The saddles looked to be designed for multiple riders as well. It was soon clear that the most of the group would be able to sit behind a Ul-Mor rider for the journey. Unfortunately, Argo was probably going to be out of luck in that regard.

OOC Information | Show
Inventory in 1 Spare Backpack carried by Alex
1 machete
1 first aid kit (Basic anesthetics, stimdoses, antiseptics, medscanner, antibody plus, antitox, spray hypo, etc...)
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks


Polyvoxes worn: Maya, Argo, Trever
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12580
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby LMiller » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:19 pm

Trever woke up moaning because he didn't get much of a good sleep.

"I guess we're ready to go," he said and followed the Ul-Mor towards the lopers.
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Herzog » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:19 am

Maya had surprising well during the day. The native alien's tent had made the heat of the day more than bearable, and the bedding was heaven compared to what the humans had been used on their own. Or the purple haired girl was just really tired. Either way, Maya was ready to go.

As dusk settled in and breaking camp, Maya helped where she could with breaking down the tents and packing gear. Loading up the loapers proved to an interesting task as the purple haired girl began to worry about riding one of the beasts by herself. Hopefully it was something easy and like riding a bike.

Gathering around with the others, Maya was ready as she would ever be. She was anxious to be moving forward, towards some goal and a clue to the group's collective memories.

"Right. I think so. Unless we are forgetting something simple?"

Maya looked around at the others.


spoiler: show
health @20
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Aura » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:22 pm

Rufus seems absorbed in cleaning his laser pistol when Maya asks the question if anything is forgotten. He then pauses, considering the question a moment and points over to the groups four legged friend. "What are we to do about Argo? Doesn't look like this setup will work for him. Is there a better solution than 'guess he walks'?" Turning his attention back to his little work project, he grouses, "Is there nowhere that sand cannot get into?"

Heaving a sigh and setting the disassembled laser down a moment, Rufus considers, "I know Argo can travel without getting very tired longer than the rest of us, but we might want some sort of plan. Perhaps Alex or I can hold him between ourselves and one of the Ul'mor, if need be."
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Argo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:26 pm

“I can run along for some of the time,” Argo said, thinking. He looked critically at the lopers’ long legs. They were much longer than his. He knew the lopers were used to the harsh conditions as well, whereas he was still struggling with how hot it was. It would not be a long-term solution.

He trotted around the lopers and examined the saddles they wore.

“What about some kind of harness?” he asked. “Something that can attach to the saddle and let me sit behind the Ul-Mor without falling off? It seems like the problem is that I can’t sit like you do, or hang on, but otherwise, I’m not really that heavy, compared to all of you. If some straps or a large bag could hold me in place, I could ride like the rest of you.”

He looked thoughtfully at Al.

“You have some spare life jackets, right? I wonder if we could use that as the base for a harness that will stay on the saddles.”
User avatar
Argo
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby LMiller » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Trever felt bad about Argo not being able to ride like him. He considered carrying him, but then he will use his free hands so he might fall off too.

"Maybe we can strap Argo in a life jacket, and then use the other life jacket to secure him around the loper's waist." he said and looked at Al as well. To Trever, Al seemed like the one that will know much about this kind of thing.

But if it was about picking locks and hacking, Trever would have been the best. But obviously those kinds of skills were unnecessary in a desert with no building and just caves.
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to Among the Stars [The Window]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron