AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Image Image
A space opera-like setting in the far future where the human race spread out from Terra to the stars centuries ago.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: AtS: Eh!? What Happened? [IC]

Postby Aura » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:39 pm

"Well, I'm glad he likes it, but mostly, I hope the compass will be useful. It's what you do for family, and this appears to be the closest thing to family we might ever have." Rufus stops a moment, and shifts his feet, then continues, "Alright, so I think we should lay plans for getting out to see the others like us, preferably the closest first. Give a chance for any but the most lingering injuries to heal, then we can get going. With lopers and proper water supplies, I imagine we're going to make much better time than we were doing on foot. Also, we should make sure we know where all possible water supplies are along the way. I'm sure the more scouty tribesmen already know this. Anything else?"
Aura
Veteran
Veteran

Postby LMiller » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:56 am

Trever smiled at the Ul Mor, and handed the item to him. This pleased the boy that he did something useful. He also thanked his brother for teaching him.

"I agree that this will be a good item for the One," he said, and added what Rufus said. "You can keep using it forever unless you break it."

"It is the best thing we can give you guys since you travel a lot."
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Herzog » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:34 am

Maya was glad that the compass pleased the Ul-mor. It was an old invention, millennium now, likely, that mankind has used to navigate while traveling. A most thoughtful gift.

"Indeed. Mankind has used compass's for traveling long before we left our cradle world. It will server you well."

The purple haired girl stretched.

"Now then, time for some rest before we head out again?"

Maya looked forward to the better looking tents now that they were part of the One.

spoiler: show
health @20
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:56 am

~ Day 15 - 07:05 - Camp near The Place of True Warriors ~Image Image
Alex nodded in agreement with Rufus, "Right, a good map with all those oasis's marked would be exactly what we need... assuming they even have one or something like it. Yeah, let's get one of those."

Miranda added, "Except I have not actually seen them use a map or any sort of writing. They might not have a written language at all."

The soldier shrugged, "Well, just because we have not seen it yet, doesn't mean they don't got it. At least they offered to send a guide with us to take us there."

Athru replied via the polyvox, "The guides take you the sunset after today. That will allow time to heal wounds and finish celebration. The One can help provide two new shelters for resting today. That will be enough for all six."

OOC Information | Show
Inventory in 1 Spare Backpack carried in hand by Alex
1 machete
1 first aid kit (Basic anesthetics, stimdoses, antiseptics, medscanner, antibody plus, antitox, spray hypo, etc...)
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks

Polyvoxes worn: Maya, Argo, Trever
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby LMiller » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:15 am

Trever handed the compass to the Ul Mor, and asked a question.

"In return, can you give us a map of the desert and some oasis's?" he said, and looked over at Miranda-since she's the one who came up with the question- and raised his eyebrows.
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby PMiller » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:00 pm

~ Day 15 - 07:05 - Camp near The Place of True Warriors ~Image
Athru had a confused look after hearing the translation from the polyvox. His response back through the device explained, “The One does not have such things. With a connection, we can exchange information without needing to make picture on something.” He had demonstrated drawing a crude symbol on the ground, mimicking what had been done upon first meeting them.

“Would you join and be shown?” the native had asked.

OOC Information | Show
1 machete
1 first aid kit (Basic anesthetics, stimdoses, antiseptics, medscanner, antibody plus, antitox, spray hypo, etc...)
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks

DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aura » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:09 am

With Athru's extended offer to join for information on the surrounding areas, Rufus steps up to Trever as the alien's synthesized voice comes over the polyvox. "You've had a lot on your plate of late," the technician begins, keeping his voice low enough to ensure it doesn't pick up and translate by the machine. "If you need someone to do that for you, just give the word. If you're up for it, that is fine, too. Your choice." With that, Rufus gives Athru a nod to properly acknowledge the tribe elder.
Aura
Veteran
Veteran

Postby LMiller » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:36 am

Trever looked confused and shrugged at the technician.

"Okay, your turn," he said, giving the poly vox to Rufus.
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Argo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:55 pm

“I think Athru means what they did before. Where they joined minds.”

Argo recalled that it had not been without cost to Rufus. But Rufus seemed willing to do it, nonetheless.

“If you’re sure, Rufus,” he added. “It would probably help, but don’t feel like you have to.”
Argo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:44 am

~ Day 15 - 07:08 - Camp near The Place of True Warriors ~Image Image
Alex smirked, "Well, I cannot say I blame you you guys for not jumping at being butt probed again. I am not interested in doing that, even if it doesn't hurt."

Miranda looked askance at the soldier with some disapproval. "I imagine the Ul-Mor do it all of the time when it is important. They probably find that it cuts through misunderstandings quite easily. You just do not want anyone to get a peak inside your head to learn the truth about you, Al."

Alex's expression turned serious like flipping a switch. "Damn straight, sweetheart. I don't want no squid messing around in my head. Thank you very much, but hell no. And the idea of being poked in the rear..." He shuddered and just shook his head back and forth in "no."

Miranda shrugged with her nose up in the air with disdain at the soldier's attitude, "Well, Rufus is still man enough and suffered no ill effects from it."

Athru waited patiently while the group was discussing things, the polyvox only translating what Trever and Argo had said. The polyvox translated the native's reply, "Yes, it is joining of minds like before. It is best way to show you the way to go and where to find water."

OOC Information | Show
1 machete
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks

DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aura » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:58 am

With a bit of a shrug, Rufus adds, "Previous experience seems to show the process to be legitimate, even if unnerving. I just want to relegate it to those in the best health and not those recovering from previous injury, even with the best of medical care." With that, he gives a nod to Miranda, and then accepts the polyvox from Trevor.

Using the machine to help translate his words, Rufus directly addresses Athru, "Yes, thank you for your consideration. Any travel of the region will be much safer truly knowing as much as we can about the lay of the land and likely places to find water. I am ready." The technician then hands the device back to Trevor and presents himself before the leader of the Ul-mor.
Aura
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:14 pm

~ Day 15 - 07:13 - Camp near The Place of True Warriors ~Image
The mind meld went smoothly, Rufus experiencing the efficient communication method for the second time. Instead of Athru, it was his close friend Kaha Long Rider.

The disorienting effects were much less and he had good mental images of traveling from atop a loper and seeing the various landmarks that would allow successful navigation to the roaming grounds of the other tribe. He clearly saw the various wells where water could be found along the way.

After a few minutes Rufus and the Ul-Mor was disconnected.

OOC Information | Show
1 machete
3 compasses
2 life jackets
1 pocket multi-tool
3 pairs of boots
Extra Water
3 Backpacks

DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aura » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:41 am

"Interesting," Rufus begins, showing a bit of effort to fight off some transient light-headedness. "It seems to get easier with practice. Anyway, I think I have the information we need. Let Arthu know our thanks."

Scratching his chin, Rufus changes the conversation, "Alright, then, any other planning besides getting some rest before we go? Now is the time, but it seems knowing where we're going and how we're getting there were the big two." With that, the mechanic sits down and waits for further input.
Aura
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Argo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:46 pm

“I’m glad you’re okay, Rufus.”

Argo remembered that the last time, really the first time, Rufus had seemed to have a harder time of it afterward. He’d seemed to need a few quiet moments to compose himself. Argo wasn’t sure if he’d felt pain or not.

Now, though, Rufus talked to them immediately afterward, and he seemed to shake off whatever lingering unpleasantness had come with the joining. Argo was impressed that Rufus was so brave, and he licked Rufus on the cheek gratefully.

“Thanks again,” he said.

There was the issue that Rufus had just brought up: planning.

“I think we’re good,” he said. “Don’t you guys? We’ve gone over the basics with the Ul-Mor, and there’s not much else we can do to get ready except be sure to get a good night’s rest.”
Argo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby LMiller » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:16 am

Trever wondered how it would feel like if it was him instead of Rufus. Will it hurt, tickle, or itch?

"Good job, Rufus," he said, smiling at the technician.

The boy had a long day, and will probably have more longer days as they travel more. He was ready to crash.

"I don't think I'll be able t remember everything your say, Rufus, so can we discuss what you were told tomorrow?"
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

PreviousNext

Return to Among the Stars [The Window]