Pyramid of The Pharaoh of The Sphinxes

The deserts of Osirion—land of pharaohs and ancient tombs—hide not just untold wonders, but also unspeakable dangers. When the vast sand dunes part to reveal the ancient pyramid of the legendary Pharaoh of Sphinxes, glory seekers from across many nations race toward it, each fighting to be the first to claim its wonders. Your group of bold adventurers are the first to arrive. Can you claim what's risen from the sands?

Moderator: Joph

Re: Pyramid of The Pharaoh of The Sphinxes

Postby Sandstar » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:35 am

The flagstone removed, Jaha starts to dig a trench in the bare sand, before shoving one end of the flagstone into it, such that the other end now projects forward into the air, pointing towards the pyramid.

"Hopefully the rollers might get caught against this stone, or even bury it deeper by trying to advance against it, and so block any movement towards us."

He looks at Delvin for his approval. "Should we repeat the process a little closer to the pyramid?"

Combat Info | Show
Free action: Keep a close eye on the pyramid, now identified as an animated object, for any signs of movement or other threatening behaviour.
Move action:
Standard action:

Current AC: 17
Current HP: 18/18
Current Weapon in Hand: MW light crossbow.
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 50 charges
Ammo: 30 Arrows

Spells Available:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Mending, Purify Food/Drink, Spark
1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Detect Undead, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands (D)
2nd Level: Cure Moderate Wounds, Produce Flame (D)

Abilities: Fire Bolt 0/4; Rebuke Death 0/4; Burning Hands 0/1;

Character Sheet: Jaha
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Joshua13905 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:04 am

"I appear to have been overeager for violence. My apologies." Damios says, as the time remaining on his elixir ticks away. He sets to mixing another once he realizes the pyramid was not as eager to squish them as he thought. Once done with his two new concoctions he rebrandishes his weapon and sets himself in a battle stance once more. It was good that Jaha was able to pry up the stones, but getting closer might set the thing off, and they would have to ready on approach.

"Well we'll have to close the distance one way or another. Just be ready in case we cross some invisible line that activates it. However would it be better to set it off before we get to it, or as we're attempting to traverse it I wonder."

Actions | Show
Mix Another Shield Extract and Cure Light Wounds Extract
Shield Extract Duration 1/3 Minutes remaining
Joshua13905
Villager
Villager

Postby Delvin » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:04 pm

Delvin nodded back at the job Jaha and the others had done of the flagstones. Digging out a ditch was nice touch as well. Hopefully, the preperation would stop the construct in it's track and enable them to deal with it some safety.

"Aye. Wouldn't hurt to do another in case it overcomes the one ditch."

The gunslinger looked up and eyed the moving pyramid in question.

"I think I would want to set it off before try to traverse it. Wouldn't want it triggering as we are climbing over it....Unless one of you is nimble enough to try and get behind it..."

Whatever the course of action, Delvin stood ready with his musket to cover the others.

No map update
Actions/Rolls | Show
Move Action: move in formation
Standard Action:

mini-stats | Show
Current AC: 20
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: musket
Conditions in Effect:
Grit: 2/2
Ammo: 60 bullets/powder,20 Alchemical Cartridges
Deeds/Feats: Dead Eye (ex), Steady Aim (ex), Quick Clear (ex), Fast Musket(ex), Gunslinger initiative (ex), Point Blank Shot, Rapid Reload (musket), Precise Shot, Rapid Shot
TSP, Delvin Mallory - Gunslinger
Delvin
Legend
Legend

Postby Laria Mavern » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:23 am

Laria straightened after working a few moments.

“I am not sure if a shallow hole will work or not. But the better the one hole is, the less need we have of another.”

“I think the object’s senses are purely magical. I would say that since it did not move by now that we might be too far away for it to sense.”

“I agree with Delvin, we should lure it to act before trying to crawl past it. It might try to flatten us otherwise. So when we are ready someone will have to potentially lure it this way. Mayhap a sling stone will work.”

No change to the map
Actions | Show
Cast Guidance as needed

Mini-Stats | Show
Init +8 (Roll 2x) Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 20, Touch 12, Flat-footed 18
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
HP 27 Current: 27
Conditions in Effect: Darkvision 60ft, Resist 5 Cold/Electricity/Acid, Temporal Celerity, Haunted Curse, Guidance: Jaha (10/10 rnds), Damios (5/10 rnds) & Delvin (4/10 rnds)

Spells and Abilities: Concentration +9
Orisons (Resistance, Guidance, Enhanced Diplomacy, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound, Stabilize, Create Water, Detect magic, Light)
1st Level (Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Obscuring Mist, Summon Monster 1): Remaining 6/6
Daylight: Remaining 1/1
Knowledge of the Ages: 4/4
Time Flicker: 3/3

Weapons in Hands: Buckler (LA) & 3 Javelins (LH)
Laria Mavern
Villager
Villager

Postby Sandstar » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:27 pm

Jaha grins at Laria's conclusion. "Indeed, well then, let us see what happens when we get slightly closer!"

He appears eager to rush out towards the pyramid, but then manages to restrain himself. "A sling stone would be an excellent idea. Or else an arrow?"

Without waiting for assent from the others, he loads his crossbow, aims and then fires at the flagstones immediately in front of the pyramid-thing.

Combat Info | Show
Free action: Keep a close eye on the pyramid, now identified as an animated object, for any signs of movement or other threatening behaviour.
Move action:
Standard action: Shoot crossbow bolt at flagstones immediately in front of pyramid (doesn't matter where it hits; taking 10 on attacking a stationary object outside of combat).

Current AC: 17
Current HP: 18/18
Current Weapon in Hand: MW light crossbow.
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 50 charges
Ammo: 30 Arrows

Spells Available:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Mending, Purify Food/Drink, Spark
1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Detect Undead, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands (D)
2nd Level: Cure Moderate Wounds, Produce Flame (D)

Abilities: Fire Bolt 0/4; Rebuke Death 0/4; Burning Hands 0/1;

Character Sheet: Jaha
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Joph » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:00 pm

*Pyramid of The Pharaoh of The Spinxes ~ 4:10 p.m. ~ Starday, Sarenith 21st, 4714 AR*

The pyramid has no visible reaction to having a crossbow bolt shot in front of it upon the flagstones. Testing further, a sling stone tossed against it has no visible reaction from the rolling pyramid at all.

Party Status | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Damios:    26/26 HP remaining;
Delvin:    35/35 HP remaining;
Jaha:      18/18 HP remaining;
Laria:     27/27 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect/Rounds Remaining: Damios->Guidance (10/10 rounds), Shield (9/30 rounds); Delvin->Guidance (9/10 rounds);  Jaha->Guidance (8/10 rounds); Laria->Guidance (7/10 rounds)
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Damios Extracts Remaining:   1st level-> (3/4)
Damios Abilities Remaining:  Bomb (6/6), Darkness (1/1), Feral Mutagen (Strength; 1/1)
Delvin Abilities Remaining:  Grit (2/2)
Jaha Spells Remaining:       1st level-> (4/4); 2nd level-> (3/3)
Jaha Abilities Remaining:    Burning Hands (1/1), Channel Energy (6/6), Firebolt (5/5), Rebuke Death (5/5)
Laria Spells Remaining:      1st level-> (6/6)
Laria Abilities Remaining:   Daylight (1/1), Knowledge of The Ages (4/4), Time Flicker (3/3)

Current Map
Joph
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Laria Mavern » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:31 am

After seeing the crossbow bolt do nothing to gain the pyramid’s attention, Laria frowned in thought.

“Okay, that did not do it. Is this hole deep enough, you think?”

“We are going to need to come and go through here while we explore and if that pyramid is going to be a problem, we need not rush the solution.”

“Since it is not moving now, we can make this a pit. If we pry up enough flagstones to make it as wide as the tunnel and about 10 feet long, it should trap it pretty good mayhap. We can use the shovels to dig dirt underneath and make it about two or three feet deep.”

Laria looked at the gunslinger, probably the most reckless one of them all. “Then we need a daring hero to probably run towards it and get it to react to a person. Kick it, climb on it, or something. That same grit-filled person would dash back here to lead it into the hole.”

No change to the map
Actions | Show
Cast Guidance as needed

Mini-Stats | Show
Conditions in Effect: Darkvision 60ft, Resist 5 Cold/Electricity/Acid, Temporal Celerity, Haunted Curse, Guidance: Jaha (10/10 rnds), Damios (5/10 rnds) & Delvin (4/10 rnds)

Orisons (Resistance, Guidance, Enhanced Diplomacy, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound, Stabilize, Create Water, Detect magic, Light)
1st Level (Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Obscuring Mist, Summon Monster 1): Remaining 6/6

Laria Mavern
Villager
Villager

Postby Delvin » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:50 am

Delvin looked on as the other tried to trigger the construct. The cross bow bolt and the rock did nothing. Which meant some one had to close to the thing.

"Aye, you're right. I thinking I might just go up and kick it. "

The gunslinger had caught Laria's subtle hint. True the gunslinger could be a bit reckless. After all, he had to be in order to be successful in this way of life.

The dark haired man move across the hole and trench the others were making.

"Don't make it too deep. I don't want to twist an ankle."

Now on the side of the pit trap they were constructing, Delvin kept a weary eye on the construct.

Updated Map
Actions/Rolls | Show
Move Action:
Standard Action:

mini-stats | Show
Current AC: 20
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: musket
Conditions in Effect:
Grit: 2/2
Ammo: 60 bullets/powder,20 Alchemical Cartridges
Deeds/Feats: Dead Eye (ex), Steady Aim (ex), Quick Clear (ex), Fast Musket(ex), Gunslinger initiative (ex), Point Blank Shot, Rapid Reload (musket), Precise Shot, Rapid Shot
TSP, Delvin Mallory - Gunslinger
Delvin
Legend
Legend

Postby Laria Mavern » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:20 pm

Laria gave the situation some more thought as Delvin mentioned not wanting the hole to be too deep.

"Actually, I have a few other ideas to try before you risk hurting yourself, Delvin. Maybe you should climb on back here as we continue to enlarge the hole. I would be negligent to your safety if I were to not try some spells first. Your pardon for not thinking of them sooner."

"First, I could try luring it closer with a minor orison to produce sounds near it. I can also use a telekinesis spell to float something near it and possibly draw its attention that way. If those do not work, there are my own summoning spells to conjure an animal from another plane of existence."

"And if we cannot lure it at all, perhaps my spell to create an obscuring mist could help cover our approach from view... except I am not sure that will work as the pyramid doesn't have any eyes that I can see."

Enlarged the hole on the map
Actions | Show
Cast Guidance as needed

Mini-Stats | Show
Conditions in Effect: Darkvision 60ft, Resist 5 Cold/Electricity/Acid, Temporal Celerity, Haunted Curse

Laria Mavern
Villager
Villager

Previous

Return to Risen From The Sands [PF]